Enviroswim ES3

Enviroswim ES3

Impressive Piece of Kit

After seeing the ES3 on display at the Adelaide Pool and Spa Show, talking to the local distributor and reading existing reviews on this site, I took the plunge and installed my ES3 in May 2018. I have waited until March 2019 to post this review so I could see how it performed in the more challenging summer months. Happy to say, I'm very impressed. My primary objective was not actually to achieve a near-freshwater solution but to move away from a flawed & expensive Viron Water Balance liquid chlorine dosing system and avoid the need to keep buying liquid chlorine which gets costly in summer. Installation was relatively straightforward although despite being careful, the clear plastic cylinder cracked but the local dealer sold me a replacement quickly. I chose to drain 2/3 of my pool water to get the TDS and chlorine levels down though this did leave some residual chlorine in the water. Since the unit has been running it has exceeded my expectations. My water stays crystal clear right through the year. After commissioning I had some small loose white deposits appear on the pool floor which gave me some concern but that appeared to be triggered by the residual chlorine and did not return after vacuuming. If I go away, I turn the unit off in case of leaks or low pool water levels and chuck some liquid chlorine in to protect the water during this period and the same white deposits appear temporarily once the ES3 is restarted. Within 1 or 2 cycles after restarting, the pool water is beautiful and clear again. I'm now actually experimenting with reducing the pump time down from 5 to 3 hours a day to see if I can reduce power consumption whilst retaining sufficient sanitisation. Room for improvement - The clear plastic cylindrical housing is a little delicate during installation & not sure how well the controller housing will stand up to corrosion over time. It looks to be powder-coated steel and I'm in a salty-air environment which is not a good mix. The controller looks a little dated but this is a small price to pay for reliability. I still retain the Viron Water Balance unit to control the timing and dose liquid acid. Bottom line - so far, so good and would thoroughly recommend the ES3.

Purchased in May 2018 at Freshwater Swimming Pools, Adelaide.

Pool Size Average

Just loving the Fresh water quality

We have had Chlorinated pools for many years , which we were reasonably happy with , but last year it started to be problematic and just I was about to replace the unit my daughter suggested a Chlorine Free pool as our two Grand daughters would be using the pool frequently. I looked into various brands and found it difficult to decide what would be best . Our daughter & son-in-law run their own business “Healthyabode” and they assured me they had done all the homework on the various systems , and conviced me Enviroswim was the best.
We got in touch with Carl and had the system fitted last year , best decision ever.
Spoke to Carl as I was concerned leaving the pool for a 3 week holiday, he advised what to do , and it was perfect on our return.
The water quality is so good I’m in there nearly everyday ( weather permitting)
Thanks to Phil & Carl

Jim McKinlay
Gold Coast

Purchased in November 2018.

Pool Size Average

Extremely Good Quality Water

My Lap pool is fiberglass with an ES3 hooked up to Intelli chem controller and dosing pumps which inject doses of acid and chlorine in very accurate amounts to get the chemistry of water perfect.The pool is crystal clear and no debris as it is fully enclosed.

Purchased in August 2017 for $4,500.00.

Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning

15 months on, seems legit.

Mostly awesome. Don't be misinformed about "no added chemicals / labour saving" - you still have to balance your pool's pH via the usual methods. Since switching our 60kL pebblecrete pool from a saltwater chlorinator to the ES3, our pool maintenance workload is unchanged (test pH, manually add ~1L acid, then ~500g bi-carb, then check copper level and adjust output as needed - all this on a weekly basis). After a rocky start due to it not having been set up correctly, our ES3 has gone great for 12 months - consistent and reliable, and the water quality is fantastic.

Purchased in November 2017.

Pool Size Large

Just love this pool. No rising after, save water, even wash my hair in it!

Living in Northern NSW, we've had the pool for over three years now. It was chlorine when we bought the house and I couldn't swim due to itching and sore eyes etc plus overall health concerns. Since installing the Enviroswim we couldn't be happier. To be honest it's MUCH less maintenance that I had been told. Almost set and forget once you've established the parameters and got used to the testing procedures. Despite torrential rains at times and then the recent sweltering drought conditions, very little adjustment is needed in my 65,000 ltr pebblecrete pool. The children swim underwater all the time with no red eyes, no need to shower after so saving on tank water. No chemicals being absorbed while we swim and I even wash my hair in the pool from time to time (no sudsing chemical free handmade shampoo) with no ill effect on the pool. Two sets of friends have installed the system since swimming in ours. There really is no comparison out there in the market as far as I am aware. Cuts cost dramatically on chemicals as little to none are needed. So I am 100% a fan. As an aside, the charming Carl from customer service was just able to give me some excellent advice with a question I had. I can't fault this system in any way and would highly recommend to anyone considering one.

Purchased in June 2015.

Pool Size Large
Hi Robyn, Thank you for your valued review, sharing your Enviroswim experience. It's greatly appreciated.

Great system! Chlorine-free and hassle-free.

We had our Enviroswim installed when we built our pool in late 2014. I was initially sceptical when our pool builders mentioned a non-chlorinated, non-salt system as a possible option, but they put us in touch with another client who'd had it running for a while and they were very happy with it. We decided to go with Enviroswim and are glad we did. Having grown up with a chlorinated pool that required constant attention and chemical adjustments (especially after rain when it would frequently turn green), I've been very impressed with how problem-free this system is. It doesn't need much attention to run smoothly and it doesn't require many chemicals (only hydrochloric acid, buffer and sometimes phosphate remover if leaf litter accumulates); the pool water doesn't smell of chlorine while swimming; you don't smell like chlorine after swimming and your hair doesn't turn green; the pool has never turned green (even after heavy rain). We initially had a pool maintenance man scheduled to visit once a month, then once a quarter, before we told him we no longer needed him because the pool requires so little attention. We don't hesitate to recommend this system to any friends who are building pools. The company has also been very good at answering any queries we've had over the last four years.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Hi Lachie, Thank you for taking the time to share your Enviroswim experience.

Nothing but trouble

High Cooper levels made my
Daughters hair go green rang the pool builder several times he come out and check it and told me to empty half the pool the levels was like 4.8
Then we had trouble with the cell from the start it varies from 6-15 again when I rang the pool company he couldn’t help me he sold the business so he could care less

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Hi Gary, Thank you for your review, We are sorry to hear you have had issues with the copper levels and pool builder. In regards to your copper level issue, as per our manual our recommended operating level is 0.2 - 0.4 parts per million, very low when compared to traditional pool ionisers.. To put this in prospective municipal drinking/shower water in Australia is allowed to have 1.2 - 2.0 parts per million of copper depending on which State you are in.. Your copper level got to 4.8 ppm over 10 times higher than our recommended level and this has caused green hair and cell plate issues. The Enviroswim copper output is fully adjustable on the control unit, every pool differs in its copper demand depending on environmental conditions i.e. dust, leaves, bather load etc. Chlorine pools are similar, chlorine demand varies depending on environmental loads. In both cases these levels are dependent on the pool owner or their service tech maintaining the levels by testing the water as detailed in the manuals. In regards to the pool builder, we’ve supplied approximately 400 builders in Australia it’s impossible for us to offer any assistance unless we are contacted by the builder or pool owner in the event of an issue. We would be happy to assist you to get the pool operating correctly if you contact us directly. Regards EnviroswimI’ve had the cooper ironizer turned of for nearly 2 years now and it’s still reading .8 The old owner of narrellan pools sold the business and the new owner keeps on mucking me aroundHi Gary, Thanks for your comments. This is the benefit of copper it's not a gas and doesn't evaporate. If you email us at info@enviroswim.com with your contact details we a more than happy to assist you.

The perfect solution

We are very happy with Enviroswim, our daughter is a paid swimming instructor in chloride pools and loves a chlorine free pool. We have many visitors who are also very impressed that there is no chlorine. We are very relieved that it is just as effective in the shade. Thanks

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Ron, Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience.

With persistence, we are very happy with Enviroswim

After a few initially disappointing months working how best to maintain our 80,000 litre swimming pool with Enviroswim, we are extremely happy with our decision to replace our salt water chlorination system.

Initially we struggled to stop algae growth and we were concerned that we were told that we had to dose the pool with chlorine! However, since discovering that the cause for concern was high levels of phosphate, having since dealt with this, with non-metal phosphate remover and algaecide, we now have crystal clear water that is like stepping into a refreshing bath!

Thank you Enviroswim!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hello Edward, Thank you for taking the time to post your Enviroswim experience. Happy Fresh water swimming

Cell kept clogging up with calcium immediately and company wouldn't replace control unit. Togs smelt

Bought with new pebble-crete pool.

We noticed that a bad smell (brackish water) in our togs after leaving the pool.

The freshwater means mosquitos are attracted and will lay larvae in the pool.

You have to really keep an eye on the copper levels or your pool gets stained or on it can be easy to get algae in the warmer months (mean a non-copper algaecide and/or chlorine anyway defeating the purpose).

After about a year (maybe less) the cell kept getting completely clogged with thick, grey (calcium?) build up. This shouldn't happen. The cells are supposed to be self-cleaning through the reverse polarity process. Initially I could handle it happening once or twice a year, but it got worse in the second year and started happing every month or two. I contacted the company for support and they took my control unit away for testing. In the mean time they gave me a loan control unit. While I had the loan unit, the self-cleaning worked perfectly. The company then told me my control unit didn't have a fault, so they removed the loan unit, reinstalled my unit and guess what - the cell stopped self cleaning. Each time I had to clean the cell, putting it all back together often resulted in tiny leaks because the o-rings deteriorated and needed grease or replacement.

We swapped to a salt water chlorinator (same filter and pump) and we've had a trouble free experience, no mosquitos and our togs don't smell anymore. Win-win-win.

I wouldn't recommend the enviroswim product due to poor support, low quality, high maintenance, the off-putting smell and the mosquito breeding ground.

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Hi AddictivKaos, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Sorry to hear you have struggled to maintain your Enviroswim system and had a poor experience. Your experience is contrary to the majority of our customer’s feedback. Mosquitos need standing/stagnant water to breed, so it unusual for you to experience this unless your pool was left for extended periods of time without the pool pump running and water balance not maintained. (google search). Calcium scaling occurs when pH is left to run high for extended periods of time, even with the cell plates reversing (self Cleaning) this can still occur with poor pH management. Independent Government testing in Australia and the U.S.A. has verified that the Envoriswim is more effective on their dedicated bacteria testing than chlorine. Of course you will still need to manage your water balance. And as stated by N.S.W. government even chlorine is only 3% effective at a pH of 8.0. We are not aware of any other sanitiser in Australia or the world that has been tested to the same level as the Enviroswim. Envroswim has also been tested and accredited with meeting Drinking water standards in New Zealand. Enviroswim has also been selected by many 5 star resorts around the world that operate in climates that are high in average temperature and humidity, (climates that Mosquitoes thrive in) such as Thailand, Singapore, Maldives, Mauritius, Fiji, Malaysia just to name some. Most customers find controlling copper levels easier than chlorine as the ions don’t evaporate like chlorine does. We are sad to see you go after having the Enviroswim for 7 years but we wish you happy swimming in your salt water chlorine pool. To ensure this review is legitimate, would you mind PM your contact details.I replaced the system after about 3-4 years. I only just wrote this review because I was looking for a new robotic pool cleaner and instead I see an ad for enviroswim (I assume your response is also solely for your marketing) and I was outside near the pool pump noticed the old ES3 control unit was still near the pump. Regarding mosquitos, my pump ran twice a day for hours each time. With respect to the calcification, I wasn't struggling to maintain my Enviroswim system, I was doing at least weekly pool tests and adding the appropriate acid treatments and retesting. You don't explain how a different control system magically fixed the problem as I didn't change my pool maintenance habits over that time. Nothing I've said is false, it is a recount of my experience and I don't appreciate an accusation that I've posted a false review. Maybe my experience is linked to a faulty unit that should have been replaced. In any case, this experience was more trouble than it's worth and I won't buy your product ever again.Hi Thanks for your comments

Great.

Fantastic product. My daughter has an intolerance to chlorine and couldn't spend much time in the pool. This has solved that problem. The additional bonus is that I haven't had to worry about the pool for months. Just remember to run the initial setup. we can now swim without goggles!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Buzz, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Great to hear your daughter is enjoying the benefits of swimming in an Enviroswim Fresh water swimming pool. Happy New year

Fantastic system and excellent customer service

We have had our Enviroswim system since 2009 and are extremely happy with it. Provided you keep your Ph neutral (which is impt with any pool) you will have no problems. We have let our water get out of balance a couple of times and ended up with some algae but if the Ph is neutral, it's fine. We recently replaced the rods so a good run. Phil and his staff return calls and reply to emails promptly and are a wealth of information. Highly recommend this product and company.

Date PurchasedJun 2009
Hi Lisa & Eddy, Thanks for your valued review. Happy New year.

We love swimming in a freshwater pool

We live in Darwin and love the experience of swimming in a freshwater pool. No smell no chlorine and very few chemicals, sorry chlorine based swimming pool owners! We would thoroughly recommend enviroswim pool filtration system. We have found our pool works well throughout the year even during the wet season when chlorine based pools have a lot of problems requiring extra chlorine etc. We have had a saltwater chlorine based pool and now a freshwater pool and the there is no comparison. Thanks enviroswim for s great product.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Julie, Thank you for taking the time to review the Enviroswim ES3. Happy New Year & Fresh water swimming.

Outstanding Product and Outstanding Support

We have had the Enviroswim ES3 installed and operating for three years and love swimming in fresh water! Being able to get out of the water without needing to rinse off chlorine and other chemicals is a real godsend and my friends that have chlorine and salt chlorination pools are always amazed at how nice our pool water is. Operating and maintaining the system is relatively simple (follow the user manual and you cannot go wrong) and to date has been hassle free. We encountered our first problem this week after 3 years with the control panel. Despite being out of warranty, the support we received from Carl Richards (General Manager) and Harry at Enviroswim has been fantastic. Great guys, proactive support and very quick turnaround - exactly what you need just before Christmas.

I judge a company not only by the quality of their product, but how well they stand behind it in the long term and respond to customers when things don't go right. Given this was a year out of warranty, Environswim could have taken me to the cleaners to fix it and given that it is a week before Christmas I would have probably had to put up with it. Instead they stood behind their product, bent over backwards to support it and had me back up and running in two days. As you can tell I am a very happy customer and I strongly recommend Enviroswim for having a great product and even greater support.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Hi Colin, Thank you for your valued review, we really appreciate your comments. Merry Christmas to you and your family and happy fresh water swimming. All the best for 2019.

Fantastic to swim in..

We installed our Enviroswim system 14 months ago after speaking with friends who'd had their's installed several months earlier. In the very early stages we had a few days of pool greening, but that was my error whilst setting the system up. Watertech Services, who we purchased our Enviroswim from, offered advice immediately. Since that time, for well over a year, our pool has been sparkling clean and a delight to swim in. We often dispense with showers, and diving into fresh water just before bed not only feels wonderful but saves precious tank water! Win, win!

A couple of days ago I made a rare visit to the local pool shop to check the TDS level, and noticed that every other customer there was spending $$ on chlorine, algaecide and flocculation chemicals. I walked out with a pack of Aquacheck test strips. After 12 years of juggling pool chemicals, we are so happy to have discovered this system. The initial outlay will be recouped over time, we spend very little on pool acid/bicarb once in a blue moon, everyone loves swimming in the water, and we feel better about our pool's impact on the environment.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Linnie, Thank you fro your valued review. Merry Christmas and happy fresh water swimming.

Can’t beat Enviroswim !

We installed the Enviroswim system roughly two years ago. It’s absolutely amazing. I used to pump so much money into our pool when it was chlorine and it never looked half as good as it does now. It’s such a clean feeling when you swim, unlike our old pool when you smelt like a tub of chlorine and blonde hair became monster green. Carl is super helpful with any questions. I highly recommend this system and company.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi David, Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your Support. Happy xmas and happy Fresh water Swimming.

If your kids have allergies this is the system for you

My first pool and because my son is allergic to chlorine I couldn’t use the standard salt chlorinator. Did a fair bit of research and came across the Enviroswim. Excellent, easy system and with the added automatic pH doser there is honestly not much to do. With a normal pool my son could only last about 20 mins before he would start sneezing and have red eyes for hours. Now he swims for hours with no issues and our dog loves it. Would recommend it highly. 5 Stars.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
HI Andrew, Its great to hear your son can enjoying swimming again. Of course it's great to also hear your dog loves it. Merry Xmas and enjoy the summer.

There is no better way to go for sanitation

I just built a new pool about a year and a half ago. i investigated every possible sanitation system available in Australia and I do mean everything! I like ionizing but you still needed to add chlorine. i've had two salt water pools before so I knew what to expect there. I looked at ozone and it is expensive to run - very expensive and the pool that i used to go to for aquaaerobics was ozone and it was ok but not for me. Too much monitoring involved. Chlorine was out. there was no way I was going to lug those big containers around. I looked at mineral pools and there was no advantage to them and the mineral salts are expensive. Finally I came across Enviroswim and i recognised that this was it. it had ionizing, salt chlorination, but just a little so my garden beds were safe, and the ultrasonics. That was everything. I expected to need a pool guy but I had installed cyclonic pre filters on both pumps which are easy to back wash and keep the cartridge filter clean. I do my water test from time to time but I am not as careful as I should be. I finally got the pool guy to come around after a year just to help me clean the cartridge filters for the first time. they were dirty but not overly. I will do them every 6 months from now on. The Enviroswim just works. it is easy to turn the dials up if something is less than it should be or down if its too much. I LOVE THIS PIECE OF EQUIPMENT! It just does what needs to be done and anyone who uses my pool says its the best water they have ever experienced in a pool and they think I'm the clever one. Of course I take all the credit but I know where the credit REALLY goes.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi MFKK, Thank you for your valued review.

Outstanding system, 4 years of trouble free pool ownership

We installed this in our new pool in 2014 and its been excellent. In new pools you have to keep on top of the pH levels and make sure to keep a little amount of salt in it. Replaced electrodes around 2.5 years in (about $250) and new oxidiser cell plate needed now about $600, other than that and some acid to lower pH, no other costs. Support is excellent and the kids love swimming in it compared to other pools. Would buy it again.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Hi Chris Thank you for your review. Your support is greatly valued.

Absolutely amazing

I have owned this system for 2 years now and I cannot believe how little maintenance I have to perform on my pool. I installed the system myself and the initial setup was straightforward thanks to the excellent instructions it comes with. I have only had to add pool acid and nothing else! Guests cannot believe that I don't have chlorine or salt and I have lost count of the amount of times I've shown them the ES3. My kids all have asthma and chlorine really affected them in other pools but not this one. I did come across some negativety...at the pool supplies shop! Completely one eyed opinion of this system. Anybody who is considering this system would be advised to ignore those type of people and purchase an ES3. Technical support has been fantastic. I will build another home and pool again in the future and Phil will be my first contact so I can purchase another system... highly recommended!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi Danny, Thank you for your valued review.

I am in the process of getting an indoor fibreglass pool, but got told by my pool builder that if I use enviroswim, I will not be covered by their warranty as enviroswim will damage the gel coat of fibreglass pool. I'm in adelaide. Has anyone have problems with gel coat using enviroswim? Is it hard to control the ph?(the pool builders aid the fluctuating ph while using enviroswim contributes to the damage) did anyone in adelaide get told of no warranty cover if using it?
Thank you for your question. The response from the builder concerns us greatly and we would appreciate it if you could send us a private message detailing the builder and suggest you ask them to put it in writing if they haven’t already, then we may be able to shed more light on why they have told you this. We have approximately 400 pool builder/suppliers on our Australian database, many of them fibreglass pools. Enviroswim provides far fresher water than conventional pool sanitisers and greatly reduces the harsh chemicals like salt and chlorine therefore logic would suggest this is less damaging to a gel coat. Gel coats are susceptible to high chlorine and high pH levels, unlike Enviroswim, salt chlorinators, magnesium and chlorine dosed pools have high chlorine residuals, chlorine pushes up the pH, in addition to other factors such as environmental conditions, water features and quality of pool fill water. In regards to warranty we would recommend you read the small print as most will void warranty if a detailed water balance history is not produced to support a claim regardless of which sanitiser equipment is installed. A quick google re faded fibreglass pool will also highlight the issue of faded pools is largely associated with salt chlorinated and chlorine dosed pools. Fibreglass pools should maintain their finish for many years but eventually they will all show signs of fade. The better they are maintained (good water balance) the longer they will last. We have also had Gel Coat Chemists look at our process and they are of the opinion our water should be gentler on gel coats. If you read some of the reviews on this site you will see there are many happy fibreglass owners. Hope this helps.Hi rosamummy. Had my Enviroswim ES3 for a year and no visible problems so far with gelcoat. Still have to dose acid regularly to maintain ph and pump up the total alkalinity maybe 3 or 4 times per year but the frequencies and dosage are no more than with chlorine. Suggest following advice from Phil at Enviroswim above but also keep in mind that your pool builder probably wants to sell you his default sanitising system which he makes a margin on.Thanks Derek for your reply, that makes me feel much better. I will search for other pool builders.

How does the enviroswim system cope with leaf matter in the pool. Is it more susceptible than chlorine systems due to alge due to the phosphates released? Thanks
I don’t have many trees around , so no problems at allMY pool is enclosed to stop leaf matter getting in and it is perfectly cleanI only get a handful of leaves in my pool but from my limited experience, year round, it copes just as well or better than chlorine

Pb is flashing as there is insufficient water flow in the oxidiser unit. How do I increase the water flow/height over the oxidisers?
Hi Jasmine, Could you let me know if your pump is working and the Wetcell housing is full of water, and please ensure your skimmer box, pump lint basket and filter is clean. You can email me at info@enviroswim.com or you can call 1300 888 457...press 1 for sales and ask for Carl and we can do some fault finding over the phone.

ES3