Onga Hammerhead

See the Best Suction Pool Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Essays2South East Queensland, QLD

Works better than prior barracuda

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Doesn’t move around the pool

Seems to stay in the same corner of the pool no matter what. And the back is heavier than the front so the round pad isn’t flat to the ground. All the parts seem sturdy and strong. Just wish it would move around the pool. Not sure how to fix it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Tiger1982

Tiger1982AU

Excellent for the price

Replaced my old Zodiac Genie 2 with this a few weeks back and very impressed so far. Has run for 8 hours a day faultless so far and has cleaned the pool very well. I like that it does not have the diaphram that most suction cleaners have which is one less piece to replace and should hopefully allow small gum nuts etc to pass through without affecting the suction. For the price so far with a 3 year warranty I am very glad I stuck to this simple design rather than spending big $ on the fancy new types of cleaners.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Hammer head always turns on its side

The hammer head worked really well for 6 months or so and now ends up on its side every time and does very little cleaning. Have done all the problem solving perhaps I should return it to the supplier?
Has anyone really solved this problem / yes the head is free / weights and pressure make no difference

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Terrible Qaulity - Now Where?

David

DavidMelbourne

You'll not regret it

Without doubt the best pool cleaner I've had - Just goes about the job of doing was it was purchased for. Despite leaves, seeds etc it goes about the task with no issues at all - So simple its hard to believe and really makes the old Zodiac G4 totally antiquated ( and super expensive in parts as well )

Read the reviews and agree with others its the best cleaner out there

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Butler

ButlerSydney

Avoid - poor service

Date PurchasedNov 2017

HONEST JOE

HONEST JOEAU

Onga Hammerhead

Best Pool Cleaner I every had. Love the fact that it is almost silent the most about this cleaner and it has lasted many years. I couldn't find the receipt to verify how long I had it but I am guessing at least 5 years. It is now time for another one and I get the same again. The hose is starting to develop holes at the joints and elsewhere and the base is also worn quite a bit from years of crawling on the pool surface.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Go for the Rebal cleaner instead

Returned to pool shop and updated to the Rebal model.
They told me that the Hammerhead is a cheap cleaner for the online shops. Rebal is the best cleaner I have had. Doesn't get stuck and covers the entire pool. The hammerhead kept getting stuck and jammed. Looked cheap and Chinese.

Brent G.

Brent G.Brisbane

Pentair (Onga) Hammerhead Pool Cleaner - is fabulous!!

Joe

JoeSydney

Best Pool Cleaner I Have Owned

Have owned the hammerhead for a couple of years now and it has been by far the best pool cleaner to date. Unlike some other more expensive cleaners we have previously owned, there are minimal moving parts, which means there is very little that can break. We have a slightly curved fiberglass pool and the hammerhead gets around it without problem ( the only exception being the set of steps). It was one of the more budget cleaners when I bought it, but it does exactly what it's meant to, so is very good value. Our pool is approx 8.5m by 3.5m.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

charchie

charchieSydney

Outstanding performance

After owning a full robotic cleaner with not great results we bought a hammerhead
It cleans all the walls and most the stairs
It’s able to pick up gum leaves and nuts
We have loads of very large trees around our pool and nothing has stopped it yet.
It hasn’t got stuck or stopped.
I was a little bit sceptical buy a lower cost cleaner and I am so glad we did.
I can’t recommend this cleaner enough it’s fantastic in all ways and the best price @ $295

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Salty

SaltySydney, NSW

Really Enjoying the Hammerhead

I bought this product in late June 2017 and it has worked really well. I used to have a Zodiac but it stopped with any size nut. That has not been the case with this and I have waited a few months since buying to see how it has handled lots of leaves. It's done really well and only occasionally have had to clear the head because a branch has fallen in but it still goes. I'm really happy with this product.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Oilzzz

OilzzzBrisbane

Doesn't compete with similar products

Date PurchasedJun 2016

HolgsPerth

Works perfectly in silence

Replaced our old Kreepy Krauly with a Hammerhead (concrete pool) 3 weeks ago. Works perfectly straight out of the box. Just had to set the suction pressure with the supplied device. Didn't need to add hose weights or make any other adjustments. The first thing I noticed is no more jack hammer noice, just silence. This alone was worth changing from the Kreepy. But also the Kreepy used to get stuck in the corner at the steps several times a day and choke on long leaves and nuts from the palm trees. Not had either of those problems with the Hammerhead, not even once.
Very happy!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Skc

SkcBunya

Much better than a crawly

I live in a treed area nd used to own a krawly one. After dozens of diaghrams and continually having to remove stick and large leaves the got stiuck i bought this one. In 7 years it has not missed a beat. About to replace the skirt for the first time It eats leaves sticks and anything else that falls into the pool. Great low maint cleaner

Date PurchasedSep 2010

Reliable and effective

We have used our Hammerhead for 3 years and it has been reliable and done a great job of cleaning the pool. We will be replacing it shortly because after three years of constantly being in the pool the plastic has started to break down. We replaced the skirt twice in three years with genuine parts and the replacement skirts didn't last very long. That would be my only complaint.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Jed

Jed

Hammerhead. A very good pool cleaner

Date PurchasedMar 2017

mike

mikegold coast

Same as the rest

All of these pool cleaners that have an opening that opens and closes are the same. Leaves get halfway through the opening then the cleaner stops & you have to unclog it. If you have to buy one of this type, buy the cheapest cause you get nothing more for spending more.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

pdmoro

pdmoro

Best I have ever owned

Date PurchasedNov 2016

marcus F.

marcus F.asked

I have a 15 m by 2.5 pool. I have put the hammerhead in and it works perfectly, for a short while, then it stops moving. It looks as though the flap is not sitting flush on the bottom. I have read putting weights on it but not keen to do that. It looks like it is working as it is jolting but it doesnt move. I then have to go and move it and it works for a while and then gets stuck again. Help!

Bartholomew.A

Bartholomew.Aasked

I've been looking for a reliable pool cleaner for quite sometime now and i'm bouncing between the Pentair Rebel and the Onga Hammerhead can anyone help me decide

Essays2

We have and still like the hammerhead. My review compares it to the Barracuda. No idea on the Rebel, look at reviews that's what most of us do. Look for those that tell you why they gave their score. Some fools give the product 1 star because they didn't like the shop they bought it from - that is not a product review.

Big D

Big Dasked

What is the best suction cleaner to cope with lots of leaves?

Get an answer from our members and Onga representatives

CategorySuction Pool Cleaners