Dulux Precision Anti Graffiti Coating

Dulux Precision Anti Graffiti Coating

LIKE SPREADING HONEY!

I had to protect 4 boards that I had painted murals on. They had taken me nearly 40 hours to do. I had used another coating on previous jobs from British Paints which needed to be mixed from 2 separate parts. It worked well, was semi gloss and easy to apply. This one was a nightmare! It formed blisters and lumps and dried unevenly. It remained sticky for 3 days. It is too glossy and some parts appear more matt and others too glossy. One part of the first coat actually started to peel off. I'm really disappointed and wish that I had never used it. The first coat looked so uneven that all I could do was apply the second coat and hope for the best. Don't use it !

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Kirrawee for $190.00.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted
Usage
Finish Quality
Ease of Application
Coverage
Longevity
Hi Sharon We are sorry that you have experienced this issue and the inconvenience this may have caused you, we would like to assist you please contact our Help & Advice team on 132525. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number: 225680 – The Dulux Team

Consider this before your purchase

I was after anti graffiti paint for my fence and was sold the new Dulux anti graffiti surface protection. All I was told was that it has a gloss sheen to it which did not concern me and given the brand and that it is non-sacrificial (graffiti washes away and no recoat required) I was prepared to pay towards the $300 for the four litre can. So by no means cheap or reasonable in price. I trialed the product on my new concrete letter box. It is like working with Clag, but not difficult. It does pull out hair from the new brushes so you need to be prepared to remove these from the surface otherwise it will dry into the surface. The real issue is the finished product. When my wife saw the letter box she said think carefully whether you want to use this on the new fence. It has the (feel) and look of thick rubber, it is just not a good look for the price tag. Because of the rubbery nature it would not surprise me if vandals would be prepared to cut into it because it is so obvious. I will need to investigate sacrificial anti graffiti surface coating as an alternative for the fence.