Haymes Simply Woodcare Dexpress

• Longevity

Sonia

SoniaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Drying Time

I love the look of Dexpress, however it took forever to dry properly (months!). Our deck is undercover with little or no direct sunlight. Even after months of not having any furniture on the surface, the furniture has now left marks. The furniture has protector felt pads. We have a large deck, it took a lot of work to prepare as instructed and sanded back to bare boards by a professional, so we are disappointed that we have a finish with marks on the surface where the furniture has been.

Purchased in September 2018 at Paint Place, Beerwah.

Helen WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Haymes Dexpress don't bother trying anything else!

Purchased in January 2020 at Haymes Eltham for $200.00.

So far so good !

After countless hours researching , reading and asking around at all the local paint shops I decided the best option was to use Haymes Dexpress on my newly constructed merbau steps . Being from Mildura the weather extremes were a worry ( close to 50 in the summer )
So far I am not disappointed in my choice , after Nearly 2 years with one recoat the deck still looks like new . Very easy to apply and quick recoat times mean it can be done in a day . I haven’t noticed any fading around furniture etc I guess due to the UV protection . I am about to begin laying my 30 sq mtr deck and will definitely be using this product on completion , no doubt whatsoever

Purchased at Haymes.

Alu

AluPerth, WA

Superb product and a very easy-to-use, forgiving product unlike Intergrain Ultradeck. Highly recommend!

Applied 2 coats of Dexpress Natural to Merbau Decking. Still a little sticky but understand there is 7 day curing time. It did plenty of research on decking oils after reading so many bad reviews on Ultradeck and Cabots products. Very happy this water based stain has helped retain the natural wood grain.

Purchased in March 2019.

BENJI

BENJIBUNDABERG

SIMPLY THE BEST

Haymes Dexpress is Simply the best product on the market for your decks 3 coats however after using there wood cleaner, 2 coats 3 hours apart then the third the next day BRILLIANT

Purchased in January 2008.

Nik

Nik

Looks great on pine but wore of spotted gum decking within a few months

I applied two coats to my spotted gum decking. It looked OK for 4 months and then started to wear away. It's about half covered now at 7 months since application. I was expecting better.
The one coat I applied to some pine structural beams on the same deck looks great however.

TKT

TKTRochdale

UVEX Range of Simply Woodcare - Haymes Paint

A genuinely beautiful product, I have used it in my house for past 3 years and never had to look at any Bunnings Products again. We bought it in 2014 and applied twice ever since so it last for long - once applying primer, UVEX finish seals the deck. Take a couple of weeks to dry fully so please don't drag any heavy items over it or else, you will see some marks. By far the best Deck finish I have seen as equivalent as Sikkens. Pricing is lot less then Sikkens.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Very good product

I used cabots natural decking oil for the first two years, i was re coating every 6 months. I changed to Dexpress i found it dry's very quick. I could give a second coat the following day. It has been 8 months now and still looing strong. Should get 2 years before re coating. Very happy with it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Michelle

Michelle

Dexpress - brilliant product!

Absolutely love this product. We've used it over several years on different things. Was recommended to us by our local paint store after we had a merbau deck built. The merbau colour is lovely and rich, it's very easy to apply and dries quickly. Looks absolutely fantastic. In fact we like it so much we used it on all our new timber Windows, and our post & rail fencing. Everyone comments on how great it looks - very happy customers here!

Date PurchasedDec 2015
shanks

shanksBoronia

Great lasting finish.

I had used Dexpress to seal our decking about 3 years ago and it is still lasting. In this time the decking had received a hammering when we had a new brick retaining wall built beside it and the Dexpress finish still looked great. I am looking forward to resurfacing the decking this summer.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Rickshaw

RickshawMelbourne

Easy to use,great finish.

Not sure why there are a couple of negative reviews here, this product was easier to use and gave a ten times better finish than any Cabots products I have used in the past. It gave an even coat all over and the color was very natural as opposed to Cabots which gave a dark chocolate finish. Will definitely use again.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Paul

PaulWestern District, VIC

Dexpress - A Beginners View

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great Australian Decking oil, one of the best i tried.

I bought 10L of Haymes Decking oil last week at www.outdecoliving.com.au ebay stores. The products are easy to use and dry fairly quickly. I choose the (merbau water base) decking oil because its lasts longer than natural water base. The Colour is dark and rich, Haymes customer help line is very helpfull and technical.

Karl

KarlSouth East Queensland

Great product

Very easy product to apply with a brush or applicator. It goes on easy and is touch dry within a few hours, but does take a fe days or so to completely lose that slight tacky feeling. I have used this on a new merbau deck (the Natural stain) and it came up really well. Make sure you get at least 2 but ideally 3 coats on to start with. I have also used the Merbau stain in the same product and this has been great on fences and other outside timber as it holds it colour for a really long time. I would certainly recommend this over the usual decking oils that need to be re-done a lot.

Blithe

BlitheMelbourne

Love it!

I've always used Cabots but thought I'd try the Simply Woodcare range because it's 100% Australian made and family owned. I purchased Dexpress for my decking and Uvex for my windows. Wen I purchased the products it was recommended to me that I recoat it with one coat every 12-18 months to. It has now been 2 years and my deck and windows still look amazing. I always had to recoat the Cabots every 12 months. I am planning on recoating this weekend even though I don't think it needs it, to be sure, to be sure and all of that.
I love the finish of both the dexpress and the Uvex. Very Happy. I will be doing my interior woodwork in a few weeks and intend to use the simply woodcare range again.

Sam Singh

Sam SinghBrisbane

Best Quality & most reasonable pricing - Australian Company - Quality Similar to Sikkens Brand.

Pricing and quality of this product is far better than anything else out there in the market. I see other reviews about slippery and all - if it’s wet, it will be slippery - simple as that. Similar to Sikkens I must say.

Highly Recommended Product

Also try their UVEX Range -

Antoinette

AntoinetteBrisbane, Queensland

Slippery if wet ...dangerous

Curing Time

After purchasing Dexpress and applying two coats to my deck, Haymes told me it would take 5 weeks to cure and don't put anything heavy on it. I wish this was stated on the tin. But if they did no one would Buy it. The family Christmas on the deck is 3 weeks away

Life made easier

I have found dexpress the best product of all .I tried several other brands and types and have massive decks all around our house. It's an amazing product

Use of haymes deckspress

Jenny N.

Jenny N.asked

Late December we had our merbau deck redone by a professional painter The walls are fine but the actual deck has been left with a milky finish I watched him scrub with deck clean, then hose it all off before sanding and rewashing What has gone wrong and how do we fix it please????

Hi Jenny ,
The reason dexpress or any wood finish will go milky is because the wood hasn’t completely dried before finishing . The moisture is therefore ‘trapped ‘ under the coating ..usually the milkiness will disappear with time . Hope this helps

Jenny N.

Jenny N.asked

Late December a professional painter redid our merbau deck using Dexpress and we have been left with a milky finish on the deck itself _-- fence and gate are fine I watches him scrub with deck clean then hose off before sanding and rewashing What has gone wrong please???

Scottasked

Have purchased some haymes depress natural water wash up. I have a mixed wood deck, mainly red mahogany. Just wondering now if this is the best finish for the product. Any advice gratefully received, I can return.

Helen W

Hi Scott do you have a photo of the timber in its natural state before any product has been applied?

Scott

I would but I cannot seem to add photos

Get an answer from our members and Haymes representatives