Haymes Simply Woodcare Dexpress

Haymes Simply Woodcare Dexpress

See the Best Paints & Varnishes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

So far so good !

After countless hours researching , reading and asking around at all the local paint shops I decided the best option was to use Haymes Dexpress on my newly constructed merbau steps . Being from Mildura the weather extremes were a worry ( close to 50 in the summer )
So far I am not disappointed in my choice , after Nearly 2 years with one recoat the deck still looks like new . Very easy to apply and quick recoat times mean it can be done in a day . I haven’t noticed any fading around furniture etc I guess due to the UV protection . I am about to begin laying my 30 sq mtr deck and will definitely be using this product on completion , no doubt whatsoever

Purchased at Haymes.

Painted SurfaceWood
Usage
Finish Quality
Ease of Application
Coverage
Longevity

AluPerth, WA

Superb product and a very easy-to-use, forgiving product unlike Intergrain Ultradeck. Highly recommend!

Applied 2 coats of Dexpress Natural to Merbau Decking. Still a little sticky but understand there is 7 day curing time. It did plenty of research on decking oils after reading so many bad reviews on Ultradeck and Cabots products. Very happy this water based stain has helped retain the natural wood grain.

Purchased in March 2019.

Painted SurfaceWood
Usage
Finish Quality
Ease of Application
Coverage

BENJIBUNDABERG

SIMPLY THE BEST

Haymes Dexpress is Simply the best product on the market for your decks 3 coats however after using there wood cleaner, 2 coats 3 hours apart then the third the next day BRILLIANT

Nik

Nik

Looks great on pine but wore of spotted gum decking within a few months

I applied two coats to my spotted gum decking. It looked OK for 4 months and then started to wear away. It's about half covered now at 7 months since application. I was expecting better.
The one coat I applied to some pine structural beams on the same deck looks great however.

TKT

TKTRochdale

UVEX Range of Simply Woodcare - Haymes Paint

A genuinely beautiful product, I have used it in my house for past 3 years and never had to look at any Bunnings Products again. We bought it in 2014 and applied twice ever since so it last for long - once applying primer, UVEX finish seals the deck. Take a couple of weeks to dry fully so please don't drag any heavy items over it or else, you will see some marks. By far the best Deck finish I have seen as equivalent as Sikkens. Pricing is lot less then Sikkens.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Very good product

I used cabots natural decking oil for the first two years, i was re coating every 6 months. I changed to Dexpress i found it dry's very quick. I could give a second coat the following day. It has been 8 months now and still looing strong. Should get 2 years before re coating. Very happy with it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Michelle

Michelle

Dexpress - brilliant product!

Absolutely love this product. We've used it over several years on different things. Was recommended to us by our local paint store after we had a merbau deck built. The merbau colour is lovely and rich, it's very easy to apply and dries quickly. Looks absolutely fantastic. In fact we like it so much we used it on all our new timber Windows, and our post & rail fencing. Everyone comments on how great it looks - very happy customers here!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

shanks

shanksBoronia

Great lasting finish.

I had used Dexpress to seal our decking about 3 years ago and it is still lasting. In this time the decking had received a hammering when we had a new brick retaining wall built beside it and the Dexpress finish still looked great. I am looking forward to resurfacing the decking this summer.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Rickshaw

RickshawMelbourne

Easy to use,great finish.

Not sure why there are a couple of negative reviews here, this product was easier to use and gave a ten times better finish than any Cabots products I have used in the past. It gave an even coat all over and the color was very natural as opposed to Cabots which gave a dark chocolate finish. Will definitely use again.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Paul

PaulWestern District, VIC

Dexpress - A Beginners View

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great Australian Decking oil, one of the best i tried.

I bought 10L of Haymes Decking oil last week at www.outdecoliving.com.au ebay stores. The products are easy to use and dry fairly quickly. I choose the (merbau water base) decking oil because its lasts longer than natural water base. The Colour is dark and rich, Haymes customer help line is very helpfull and technical.

Karl

KarlSouth East Queensland

Great product

Very easy product to apply with a brush or applicator. It goes on easy and is touch dry within a few hours, but does take a fe days or so to completely lose that slight tacky feeling. I have used this on a new merbau deck (the Natural stain) and it came up really well. Make sure you get at least 2 but ideally 3 coats on to start with. I have also used the Merbau stain in the same product and this has been great on fences and other outside timber as it holds it colour for a really long time. I would certainly recommend this over the usual decking oils that need to be re-done a lot.

Blithe

BlitheMelbourne

Love it!

I've always used Cabots but thought I'd try the Simply Woodcare range because it's 100% Australian made and family owned. I purchased Dexpress for my decking and Uvex for my windows. Wen I purchased the products it was recommended to me that I recoat it with one coat every 12-18 months to. It has now been 2 years and my deck and windows still look amazing. I always had to recoat the Cabots every 12 months. I am planning on recoating this weekend even though I don't think it needs it, to be sure, to be sure and all of that.
I love the finish of both the dexpress and the Uvex. Very Happy. I will be doing my interior woodwork in a few weeks and intend to use the simply woodcare range again.

Sam Singh

Sam SinghBrisbane

Best Quality & most reasonable pricing - Australian Company - Quality Similar to Sikkens Brand.

Pricing and quality of this product is far better than anything else out there in the market. I see other reviews about slippery and all - if it’s wet, it will be slippery - simple as that. Similar to Sikkens I must say.

Highly Recommended Product

Also try their UVEX Range -

Antoinette

AntoinetteBrisbane, Queensland

Slippery if wet ...dangerous

Curing Time

After purchasing Dexpress and applying two coats to my deck, Haymes told me it would take 5 weeks to cure and don't put anything heavy on it. I wish this was stated on the tin. But if they did no one would Buy it. The family Christmas on the deck is 3 weeks away

Life made easier

I have found dexpress the best product of all .I tried several other brands and types and have massive decks all around our house. It's an amazing product

Use of haymes deckspress

Rubbish, doesn't dry properly

I have used this product a number of times with the same problem. it doesn't dry. last application decking cleaned and coated in October. it's now mid February, hot hot summer no rain during this period. just five mm of rain boards have turned soft and milky. nopoint contacting haymes as they will pretend to test the product and say it's fine. and yes i'm speaking from experience. i havehad other issues with haymes paint. do yourself a favour...use another brand.

Doesn't dry! still goes soft and cloudy from moisture after four months curing in summer with no rain

Dexsperfects

After using the oxalic acid (woodclean) sold to me, I did a water bead test, with this showing the water was being absorbed the guys at Bristol Erina sold me dexspress merbau for my merbau deck.
They told me I would get 1 or 2 years out of this product 3 years later in half undercover half exposed to the weather I have put a coat of natural back over the whole deck for maintenance as I was happy with the darkness of the original coats.
more expensive but coating less often
Could only do 2 boards the whole length of deck at one time

Margaret

Margaretasked

Where can we buy

Alu

Paint Place - Guthrie Street in Osborne Park.

BUNDY PAINT CENTRE , BUNDABERG 0741541577
Tell them Russell advised you

Kev

Pretty sure only at Haymes paint outlets or any Haymes paint stockists , unfortunately you’d have to google your own area . Bunnings unfortunately does not , hope this helps .

Yvonne K.

Yvonne K.asked

How long do I need to wait after staining before I can hose down the deck with water ??

Alu

I would wait 24 hours at least. Call Haymes if you’re unsure - they were extremely helpful over the phone. I used Dexpress Natural around 6 months ago and I’m very happy with it. The water still pools on top of the timber which tells me the product is still working strong

BENJI

Dexpress takes 4 weeks to fully cure, however hosing it down i would leave it at lease a week to toughen up , remember weather conditions do apply , so leave a week please.

Tom M.asked

I see this is used to stain and seal weathered bamboo. Will it work on dried bamboo purchased from a supplier? I hear you can sand off the waxy layer, but, I''ve done a good deal of sanding with no luck with conventional wood stains

BENJI

Hello Tom, Rustoleum make a product called Bamboo Oil specifically for Bamboo surfaces, it comes in Natural or Black 4Lt or 10Lt

Tom M.

OK, Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it will work. I'm in the USA though. I can find it on the Australian Zinsser Rustoleum website, but, not the US one. I've written them we'll see. Not a lot of bamboo used for fences and such where I am in the US, but, there are areas it grows and is common. I've sent them a note to see how to get some.

Get an answer from our members and Haymes representatives

CategoryPaints & Varnishes