Haymes Simply Woodcare Dexpress

Haymes Simply Woodcare Dexpress

See the Best Paints & Varnishes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Haymes

Pros

Straightforward to use
Enhances timber's natural look

Cons

Takes a while to fully dry

• Coverage
  • Finish Quality
  • Longevity
  • Ease of Application

KateA
KateAFar North Queensland, QLD

Not happy...

Delayed 2nd coat

This morning I have put the first coat on my aged new merbau deck (which has dried)... but now it has got very windy and flowers from gum trees are accumulating on my deck. I will now have to wait 2 days, when the wind conditions are forecast to drop. Is this delay going to be detrimental to the dexpress 2nd coat final finish ?
Just spoke to Haymes on help line .. it can wait, apply 2nd coat when I know it'll be fine for 3 days straight ..that being, no wind, rain or below 10%. Thanks Haymes.

Purchased in August 2021.

Richard KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Product So Far

I live on the Sunshine Coast had decks for decades have used many products that just don't last I found Haymes Dexpress easy to apply I used the brush three coats so far so good very impressed have used other brands never really happy with finish lets just hope this product outlasts the others but so far no complaints applied product approx. 2 months ago and looks great - I am a strong supporter of Australian made so that's a bonus...

Longevity
Grandpa.Ears
Grandpa.Ears

So far so good

• +5Thumbnail

Purchased in December 2020.

Paints & Varnishes

Find out how Haymes Simply Woodcare Dexpress compares to other Paints & Varnishes

David Designs
David Designs Southern and Hills, SA

Had to spend hours working this product out

Really unsure what this product was all about. Application was patchy and didn’t perform to expectations.

Started on Monday a week later still trying to achieve a smooth finish between coats.

It’s just not user friendly

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $89.

Darren N.
Darren N.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

DEXPRESS

HI im doing my veradah.on a victorian home...ive never done a deck before....one side is old treated pine...i mean old...lots of sanding by hand...then 3 coats of ''DEXPRESS'' couldnt be more happier..a fantastic product...2nd pic is first coat..3rd pic..is three coats..

Purchased in November 2020 at ballarat for $237.

Andrew
AndrewPerth, WA

I wouldn’t use Haymes

I used Haymes wood are easy flooring as it was recommended. I would ever use it again. Ruined beautiful Jarrah floorboards and I’ve had to redo the whole thing. I have since use Cabots and would recommend them instead.

Purchased in January 2019.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Sonia
SoniaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Drying Time

I love the look of Dexpress, however it took forever to dry properly (months!). Our deck is undercover with little or no direct sunlight. Even after months of not having any furniture on the surface, the furniture has now left marks. The furniture has protector felt pads. We have a large deck, it took a lot of work to prepare as instructed and sanded back to bare boards by a professional, so we are disappointed that we have a finish with marks on the surface where the furniture has been.

Purchased in September 2018 at Paint Place, Beerwah.

Helen W
Helen WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Haymes Dexpress don't bother trying anything else!

Purchased in January 2020 at Haymes Eltham for $200.

Kev
Kev

So far so good !

After countless hours researching , reading and asking around at all the local paint shops I decided the best option was to use Haymes Dexpress on my newly constructed merbau steps . Being from Mildura the weather extremes were a worry ( close to 50 in the summer )
So far I am not disappointed in my choice , after Nearly 2 years with one recoat the deck still looks like new . Very easy to apply and quick recoat times mean it can be done in a day . I haven’t noticed any fading around furniture etc I guess due to the UV protection . I am about to begin laying my 30 sq mtr deck and will definitely be using this product on completion , no doubt whatsoever

Purchased at Haymes.

Alu
AluPerth, WA

Superb product and a very easy-to-use, forgiving product unlike Intergrain Ultradeck. Highly recommend!

Applied 2 coats of Dexpress Natural to Merbau Decking. Still a little sticky but understand there is 7 day curing time. It did plenty of research on decking oils after reading so many bad reviews on Ultradeck and Cabots products. Very happy this water based stain has helped retain the natural wood grain.

Purchased in March 2019.

BENJI
BENJIBUNDABERG

SIMPLY THE BEST

Haymes Dexpress is Simply the best product on the market for your decks 3 coats however after using there wood cleaner, 2 coats 3 hours apart then the third the next day BRILLIANT

Purchased in January 2008.

Longevity

Nik
Nik

Looks great on pine but wore of spotted gum decking within a few months

I applied two coats to my spotted gum decking. It looked OK for 4 months and then started to wear away. It's about half covered now at 7 months since application. I was expecting better.
The one coat I applied to some pine structural beams on the same deck looks great however.

TKT
TKTRochdale

UVEX Range of Simply Woodcare - Haymes Paint

A genuinely beautiful product, I have used it in my house for past 3 years and never had to look at any Bunnings Products again. We bought it in 2014 and applied twice ever since so it last for long - once applying primer, UVEX finish seals the deck. Take a couple of weeks to dry fully so please don't drag any heavy items over it or else, you will see some marks. By far the best Deck finish I have seen as equivalent as Sikkens. Pricing is lot less then Sikkens.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Very good product

I used cabots natural decking oil for the first two years, i was re coating every 6 months. I changed to Dexpress i found it dry's very quick. I could give a second coat the following day. It has been 8 months now and still looing strong. Should get 2 years before re coating. Very happy with it.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

KateA
KateAasked

Call out to all who have used HAYMES WC Dexpress Merbau/Natural Stain on their pool decks because I have a problem. I live in Cairns and my pool deck (previously stained with Cabot’s back in 2016) was re-stained with Haymes (the painter didn’t use any other product and as it was difficult to find someone available to do the job I went with him).

Timeline 17/9/21 wash the deck
20/9/21 1st coat 2.15pm
21/9/21 2nd coat 8am

The temperature between the 20/9/21-27/9/21 was 20.0-31.1 celsius. I don't know the humidity figure but it wasn't humid. There was no rain between 13/9/21-27/9/21 but there was 7mm in our suburb according to BOM on 4/10/21. Note: When we had the overnight rain I noticed it sat on the pool deck for hours even with full sun before it dissipated, and the deck was slippery.

The problem occurred when the gardeners cleared the pool deck garden on 4/11/21. It rained a bit the previous night and before they arrived. This resulted in muddy boot prints on the decking and they didn’t hose them off before leaving. It rained a bit after they left so I was surprised to see the boot prints still there the next day. I hosed the deck off, the boot prints didn’t budge. In the days that followed I used a soft bristle broom and washed the deck down while wet. It slightly improved the problem. At the request of a Haymes Victoria representative I mopped, not something I expect or want to do on a pool deck, a section with soapy water and it made little difference.

The long and the short of it is, the painter (who’s viewed the damage) and the local distributor of Haymes have respectively said ‘they did the job correctly’ and ‘the product is not faulty’. The painter will come back and do a test ‘scrub’ to see if the stain moves per se. The gardeners have been kept informed.

Even if this problem is rectified it’s sure to happen again should someone in muddy boots etc use the pool deck like the pool guy who is on and off it or the tree lopper who needs access to the palm trees. Can anyone shed some light on what the problem is please and how it can be rectified because I've not experienced this with any other stain used on the pool deck, both old and new one, in the 18 years I have lived here.

Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.asked

I have weathered bamboo screening. I have removed the rotted rope lashing the panels together and given it a sanding. Can I get Haymes Dexpress stain tinted green?

BAE
BAEasked

Can we use Haynes simply wood care uvex finish on internal cedar window sills which get a lot of sun

See all Haymes Simply Woodcare Dexpress questions

Get an answer from our members and Haymes representatives

Features:

• The Haymes Simply Woodcare Dexpress is a deck and timber stain that’s advertised as lasting 3 times longer than typical decking oils.
  • Decking, cladding, fences, gates, and screens can all be finished with the stain, making it an all-purpose product that can be used around your home.
  • It’s a UV and mould-resistant coating, making it great for preserving softwood and hardwood timbers, such as Spotted Gum and Treated Pine.
  • The stain is advertised as quick-drying.
  • This product has a coverage rate of up to 12m²/L,and takes 2 to 3 coats to do the job.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the stain was straightforward to use and apply - even some first time DIYers found that it was user-friendly and difficult to get wrong.
  • Reviewers appreciated the final look that the stain gave their deck, saying that it rejuvenated their wood and restored as well as enhanced its natural look.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers said that the stain took a while to fully dry, and as a result any furniture they left on it left marks on the deck. Some users reported full drying took up to 5 weeks.
CategoryPaints & Varnishes