Dulux Super Enamel

Dulux Super Enamel

High Gloss and Semi Gloss

Mannyjen

MannyjenSydney, NSW

Use this not aquanamel if you want a beautiful finish in less coats

Tried aquanamel for stained wood trim over both water based and oil based primers. Big fail. Found a tin of super enamel I had for about 6 years but never used it. Opened the tin, gave it a good stir and already after just 1 coat on an oil based primer it’s looking amazing. See my other review on the cruddy finish from Aquanamel and you’ll feel my pain. This is 2 thumbs up. Don’t get paint expert from a dulux rep, he said there were no advantages of oil based over water based enamel. Come to my house buddy and I will show you!

Purchased in April 2012.

Coverage
Longevity

RuthSydney

THIN and RUNNY

I love Dulux High Gloss and have worked with it extensively over the past few years.
Unfortunately I cant say the same about the Dulux Super Enamel Semi Gloss.
I found it EXTREMELY runny, creating endless work and slight runs on drying.
Back to the sanding block...!!!
If I wanted thin, I would have bought a cheap brand.
I'm also not happy with the drying texture when using a roller...!!! Grrr..... Back to the sanding block again.
2 Coats later, I've decided to throw it away and purchase a tin of High Gloss.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

DavidFGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed and Saddened

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Caitlin O.Dulux

The finish to die for

Used Dulux Hi-Gloss on trim and door in a spare bedroom. I took my time doing the job. Two undercoats, sanding in between. Then used a small foam roller, again sanding between the two top coats. For large flat surfaces a roller is a must. You will not achieve the same finish with a brush. The finish I achieved is as close as I am ever going to get to perfection. Achieved an almost mirror finish on the doors. The paint is beautiful to apply and tensions up on drying to give a super flat surface, but you need to do a lot of preparation. However it's worth it. Brilliant paint.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Outstanding oil-based enamel, beautiful finish

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Sean

Thin and does not go on well.....

I have been using Dulux paint for years but it had been a while since I had used it. Purchased recently on the basis of past experience and was immediately disappointed. Thin and messy to work with, leaves a lot of ugly marks with a paintbrush and dries too quickly making it hard to go back and try to fix up streaks in paintwork (as much as that is possible).

Won't be using again.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
KellyDulux
Sean

I've been painting for 30+ years mate. Switched to another brand and everything is fine. Care to comment on that?

sutho

sutho

Oil Based Semi Gloss Enamel

Date PurchasedNov 2016
KellyDulux

Ellyasked

Super Enamel High Gloss

I have used Zinnser as an undercoat over old cleaned paint( Light Rice) on a door. I have just applied the 2nd coat of your paint (Light Rice) again - using the correct roller but the paint is not drying with a high gloss. Have I done something wrong?. I have allowed more than 16 hours between each coat,
This week I used the same paint on several door frames using both a roller and a paintbrush and the gloss is OK.
I am hesitant to paint any of the other doors if I get the same result - shiny frames and matt door!!!

Hi Elly
We are disappointed that you have experienced this issue with our product Dulux High Gloss enamel. We are here to help you if you can reach out to us and contact our Help & Advice team on 132525. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote your ticket number 185666. The Dulux Team

Elly

This morning I painted the other side of the door using a wide paint brush and it has a nice gloss on it. I shall do the 2nd coat tomorrow with a brush. In fact all the doors I still have to do will be done with a brush

Bella B.Dulux

Hi Elly, this is great news ! If there is anything we can assist you with please do not hesitate in contact our Help & Advice team on 132525. The Dulux Team

David Briese

David Brieseasked

Super Enamel High Gloss

Treated pine with high gloss paint, how many coats exteria ?

Bella B.Dulux

Hi David, we are happy to assist you with your project and would like the opportunity to provide you with the best solution if you can please contact us on 13 25 25.

Chrisasked

Hi,
I’m repainting a bedroom & the old oil trims are not cracked or flaking. If I were to lightly sand back the existing paint would I need to prime before applying Dulux Super enamel?

DavidF

no, you don't need to re-prime. you can use oil based paint over waterbased if the surface is prepared properly to a 400-600 grit, but you can't use waterbased paint over an enamel surface. it should come up good. I recommend haymes trim enamel for outstanding results.

Ruth

Hi Chris, it never hurts to use a coat of primer but I believe you should be fine without it. All the best with your DIY.

Thank you.

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives