Dulux Texture Full Cover

Dulux Texture Full Cover

Roller waste of effort.

I purchased the full cover finish. The expensive roller i saw in the video and purchased from Bunnings was not suitable nor did it work like shown in the video. The reason for that is that the small balls in the texture coat fill the roller and do not come out when rolling. After a short use the roller is packed tight with the balls and does not paint.
The video makes the product almost look like smoothing out crram on the walls. In real life it is nothing like it.
I read the post below and will give the sponge a try...certainly a roller does not work.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $160.00.

Painted SurfaceBrick
Usage
Finish Quality
Ease of Application
Coverage

This stuff is great!

I have a brick letterbox cap that I wanted to render to match some render on the house. This product was able to be coloured to match the colour of the render on the house perfectly.
Application was very straight forward - following the online instructional video - and the coverage is great. The product fills mortar joints and rough bricks really well with two coats - although I believe it will need one more coat for the kind of finish a renderer would get. That said, it looks great after two coats and I might never get around to a third coat.

Have used this on 5 buildings now without a problem

Don't need to paint the wall after applying as the colour is in the product. Have used it over Blueboard each time. First building done with it is now 8 years old with no problems. Has handled high pressure cleaning well (live in the tropics so occasionally needs doing to some walls, roof etc.). For me the easiest way of applying is with a large sponge and "smearing"it onto the wall. Two coats does the trick. Doesn't crack like hard rendering does sometimes over the years. About to do the 6th building with it in a few weeks time

Date PurchasedJan 2010

Terrible coverage

Applied to outdoor ceiling. Applied 2 coats of the recommended Dulux under coat and 2 coats of fine texture paint. Used a 12 nap roller as instructed. Does not cover evenly. Terrible finish, even after applying 2 coats of weather shield. The video is misleading. Now contemplating replace the ceiling.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Terrible Product

Used Dulux Texture Medium Cover on brick rendered wall over Dulux Texture Primer. Product failed during rain shower 8 hours after it presented as touch dry. Dulux only comment was that it will not dry in 24 hours in temperatures over 25 degrees & humidity greater than 50%, which means if you live in Sydney- Do not use!

full cover texture paint

DO NOT use this paint, the instructions and I structional video is very misleading. I followed the instruction to the letter and you cannot propoerly get the renderto apply to the surface. I used approx 4 litres on a 4sqm villaboard panel, sealed with dulux prep. Buy powder render and trowel it on for a cheaper option and better finish.
nothing
impossible to use.

What would be the best product to cover white glossy mosaic tiles, I realise the tiles would need to be scuffed up first, then what? Harvey
Dunlop Acrylic Render. Depending on the application.Hi Hama, we may not have a product suitable for this application but would be happy to discuss it further to assist you. Please contact our Help and Advice Team on 132525 option 2 Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number: 193016 – The Dulux Team

Can you just roll this on and Not trowell smooth. I like the rougher finish. I purchased a proper open weave style roller.
Hi Todd, thank you for your question! If you would like a rougher finish, there is no need for trowelling. You can roll the product on for a rough, stipple look. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track – The Dulux Team.Thankyou very much appreciate it.

hi there Can this texture full cover roll on be used on concrete steps to be walked on? thanks peter