Duncan's Plumbing Service ACT

• Rates and Fees
Ash

AshChisholm 2905, ACT

Quality Service

Definitely the leading tradespeople in their field. Have always received amazing service for all of my plumbing needs. Prompt, efficient and great value. So happy they have extended into heating and air conditioning aswell.
Can always rely on the lovely young men to help me out when i'm in a pickle.

Rates and Fees
Job Satisfaction
Joe

JoeAustralian Capital Territory

Nice plumbers, but paid twice for a drain unblocking that had do be redone after 2 weeks

I called Duncans for a blocked drain. There was a good response and the plumber who came was nice, but a bit in a hurry. So he did not clear the drain all the way and 10 days later it was blocked again. The plumber came back to finish the job. I was charged the full cost again. I managed to negotiate a small discount, but in the end paid close to $500 for unblocking a drain.

Rates and Fees
Job Satisfaction
Shonz

ShonzCanberra 2600, ACT

OK for simple jobs, did not find fractured pipe

OK for simple jobs (installed new toilet cistern & two new outside taps and new tank pump), but they did not find where our shower drain was leaking despite under our house being soaked with water. I found the fracture in the terracotta pipe myself and called them back, they did a quick temporary seal and promised to quote on a proper fix, never heard from them again despite calling their office again to ask for the quote. Based on that I would not use them again as a felt they were costly and didn't bother to find the leak nor quote as promised.

Plumbers

Find out how Duncan's Plumbing Service ACT compares to other Plumbers

third party organized investigation

Problems reported to third party but no evidence provided and no witnesses invited from owner what was wrong there. Repair and restoration $25,000.00 quoted.
Discussion called but sending others boys the plumber who investigated was not attended.

As we are a business we required immediate service very happy

Our drains in our panel shop blocked, and we could no work at all. Duncan's came immediately, and resolved the problem. Work started within hours. Extremely happy with cost and service.

Still waiting...

I booked in plumber to arrive after 3pm on Tuesday 13 Feb.
Made sure my son was home by 245 to be there. I was still waiting for someone to turn up or at least give me a courtesy call to let me know what was happening at 630 pm! I ended up ringing them to receive an answering machine.
It is now the 15th and I have still had no contact from this business.
I got a reliable plumber to come and fix the problem same day he said he would be there.
Very disappointed and no recommendations from me.

Cammy P.

Cammy P.Geelong

Terrible

Terrible service. I was charged $500 for a clogged sink. A few hours after they left, I encountered the same problem with my sink. So I called them up again the next day and after re-fixing the issue I was charged again an additional $200.

No work was done.

They came for half an hour and charged 1 hour on the invoice.
The plumbers were not intended to help and never tried to search what was the leak. Nothing was done and we were charged for $300.

EileenD

EileenDMacGregor 2615, ACT

Efficient, knowledgeable, very reasonable rates

The boiler that runs my under-floor heating packed it in during the coldest run of days so far this winter. I called four plumbers. One came out and said 'Get a new boiler', one didn't call back, two said 'no' outright. Duncan's sent someone out the next day. He was knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. He fixed my old boiler and said he would get a new part in, just in case it was on its last legs. I could not be happier with the service or the price, which was extremely reasonable. I highly recommend this company.

Plumbers

Find out how Duncan's Plumbing Service ACT compares to other Plumbers

Astronomical charges...

Charged like a wounded bull!!!
Charged over $800 to tell me what I already knew, that I had a blockage and couldn't find where it was.
Tried eel (which I had already tried) then tried high pressure hose and then tried camera. Never told me each of these would cost around $300 per item.
Then gave me an $8000 quote to fix the problem without the person who wrote the quote ever visiting the property.
Got another plumber in. Used eel. Used camera and located the problem, ran new sewerage pipes under the house for over 15 meters. Charged $1200 for everything.
Used to use Duncans all the time, but something has happened? They are not what they used to be.
Would not recommend them to an enemy.
Boo.

Charge like wounded bulls

$220 for a quote, not even from doing any work

I wanted a quote for some plumbing work, so I contacted Duncan's. I didn't need any emergency work done and I was told it was $220 for the quote if I chose not to use them for doing the job.

Loves Books

Loves BooksCanberra

Excellent service

Have had these fellows come several times over the years and I really appreciate their quick response and professionalism. Have had burst pipes, clogged drainage and leaking toilets and Duncan's Plumbing has never let me down. The women in the office have also been very helpful in advising when choosing new toilets. Thank you, Duncan's Plumbing!
Reliable, fair price, do a great job