Dunlop SP Sport Maxx

ChrisGold Coast

Came fitted with a 2014 Mazda 3

Yue

YueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

An ok tyre for daily drive

I bought this tyre for my wife after her rare tyre got punctured. This tyre does not handle very well during wet conditions but handles fine when the weather is warm and dry. Since all of her tyres are Dunlop sport maxx, I can't be for sure if the car would be handling better or worse when using a different brand, but this brand does handle fine for her subaru sedan. I found this tyre wear slower than my Pierreli tyres, so it's a good thing that this tyre lasts longer, however we do have plans to change brands after all 4 tyres are worn.

Purchased in November 2017.

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Only lasted 20,000km

I own a GLC250 petrol - Front Tyres only lasted 20,000km and i drive fairly normal since i have a toddler in the car most of the time. It was wearing unevenly and noisy. You really need to pump these tyres quite high around 45PSI from memory otherwise they wont last long. No problem in wet.

Purchased in December 2017.

Tyre Mileage20,000 km
Car ModelMercedes-Benz GLC-Class X253 GLC 250
Tyre Pressure Used38 PSI

Noisy tire

More than half of thread remain, not even complete 2 years from manufacture date. But noise, I doubted wheel bearings but it was the tire itself. Confirmed by replacing with 2 different tires which was in bad condition even.

Purchased in August 2018 for A$150.00.

Tyre Mileage16,000 km
Car ModelBMW 3 Series E90
Tyre Pressure Used36 PSI
Sean W

Sean WSydney, NSW

Best in the range

Purchased in March 2019 at Dunlop Super Dealer.

Car ModelBMW 3 Series F30
Tyre Pressure Used44 PSI
Mark L.

Mark L.

Good tyre, more spring than others

i had to replace my Pirelli P Zeros on my 2018 Highline Golf recently after doing 35,000 kms and was offered a competitive deal by Beaurepaires in Kew which i couldn't pass up. Seem to be a good tyre so far and good alternative to the Pirelli

Purchased in November 2019 at Beaurepaires for A$649.00.

Tyre Mileage500 km
Car ModelVolkswagen Golf 7.5 (Hatchback) 110TSI Highline Automatic
Tyre Pressure Used32 PSI
speed racer

speed racerPerth, WA

Don't bother buying these for your car

My current car (G6ET) had these tyres fitted from new (unfortunately) as did my previous vehicle (XR6T).

Don't waste your money putting these on your car. They fail to provide decent traction in the dry and give practically no traction in the wet and that's with driving sedately.

For each car I changed my tyres over to Michelins even though the Dunlops had plenty of tread left on them they were that bad.....Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on the XR6T and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on the G6ET.

The difference between the Dunlops and Michelins is night and day. A quick Google shows why Michelin Pilot Sports are so highly recommended

Purchased in March 2015.

Tyre Mileage32,000 km
Car ModelFord Falcon G6ET

John LSydney, NSW

These tyres are not good for the money or for comfort.

Hi,
I have a 2018 VW Golf Comfortline hatch which had 17 inch wheels and Bridgestones as factory standard. In January 2019 I changed to 18 inch x 7.5 inch wide rims with Dunlop Sport Maxx 050+ tyres (225/40/18).
The ride immediately became noisy, rumbles a lot and ride firmed up well above expectations.I am SO Disappointed in this tyre and will NOT use again and cannot recommend them. For now I have gone back to the 17inch Factory rims and tyres. Comfort is Heaven and its certainly not the Dunlop tyres. I have owned several Performance cars with upto 20/30/245 tyres and all have been fine. Must admit they were never shod with Dunlops.

Purchased in January 2019 at St George Tyres for A$890.00.

Tyre Mileage6,000 km
John L

Wow!! Your standard reply to anyone Not happy with Dunlop tyres.. in other words: too bad chump.. you paid your money so now go suffer the loss

Gerry D

Gerry DGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Noisy after 44000 kms

These tyres cane standard on my Honda HRV VTi-L. Whilst initially they appeared O.K, over the course of 2 years the tyres got so noisy that I felt my wheel bearings had failed. Although there was plenty of tread left they had to be changed prematurely. They were subsequently replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport 4’s. All road noise is gone.

Purchased in September 2016.

Martin

MartinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute crap

Absolute crap. These are the factory tyres on Mercedes CLA. When you spend 100 grand on a car, you expect quality, but 7 months later these are worn and needing replaced. Save your money and buy pirelli or continental. Avoid these like the plague.

And half of the reviews below are clearly fake. Separate reviews from supposedly independent people use near identical wording. I guess Dunlop has an issue with these tyres to have to pay for fake reviews!

Purchased in May 2018.

Car ModelMercedes
Joe

JoeMelbourne

Great tyres

I drive a ford falcon and have had these tyres on for years and no problems at all, they grip good, noise level is good , ride is good , great performing tyres as well, could be better in the rain though they do there job , affects the steering a lot so if you don't take care of your car might have issues , but recommended overall a durability tyre

Carford falcon
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Hi Joe, thanks so much for leaving your review. We're glad to hear you're happy with these tyres on your Falcon :) Cheers, Team Dunlop

Aaron Watts

Aaron WattsEUMAMURRIN

Resistant to wear and strong grip

The brand of my car is Jaguar, and Dunlop is the original tyre of Jaguar.

So I learned a lot about it. Dunlop's tires are very durable and have a good grip on the ground.

The influence on the car is very important. If the tire quality is not good, it will affect the control of the steering wheel. Therefore, the quality of the tire affects the safety of driving. I recommend it.

CarJaguar XF
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Hi Aaron, it's so good to hear that you did your homework when it comes to tyres for your car. Thanks so much for leaving your review and we appreciate the five stars too!

Andypoo

AndypooLane cove

RT2....

Long time Dunlop user and these latest RT's are bloody good, fairly quiet for a sports tyre, lower rolling resistance and great all round grip, no down sides. Just a quick google search will tell you the RT and RT 2 do very well in most tyre tests, recommended for sure.

Car225/40/18 AUDI S3
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Hi Andy, thanks for being such a loyal customer! We really appreciate your honest review and the five stars too

Tim D

Tim DGold Coast

High performance with low wear

Being my second C63 I was expecting tyres to wear out around 20,000km. This is what happened with the Perillis on my 2008 C63. I drive the cars relatively hard. With the 2016 model the Dunlop’s Sport Maxx 265/35 R19 on the rear and 245/35 R19 on the front came as standard and I have been very impressed. I was able to get 39,000km of wear. Grip was fantastic and predictable, except when the tyres were cold or not up to temperature which is when the tears would break grip relatively easily. Not a bad result on a car that comes a little under tyred to start with as it has 375kw and 700nm. They were quiet on bitumen but a little noisy on concrete freeways. A very good performance and wearing tyre at a fair price.

Car2016 Mercedes C63s edition 1
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Hi Tim, so awesome to hear you've been enjoying running Dunlop tyres on your C63. Cheers for the five stars too!

coooolAU

Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT 2

Have these cars on all 4 corners of my Megane RS275. Overall excellent tires, wear is moderate as these are high relatively softer, performance orientated tyres. These dunlops have never let me down, and I push my car quite hard. Little things I have noticed are that they tend to push wide, veering on understeer when pinning the throttle too early. Cold grip also can be a little underwhelming, and at low speeds at high steering angles for some unknown reason. Good performance from a relatively cheap tyre.

CarRenault Megane RS275
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Hi there, thank you so much for your honest review and we appreciate you coming back to rate the five stars! Cheers, Team Dunlop

Kyle

KyleSydney

Excellent!

These tyres came with my brand new car. They were on my car for 50,000 kilometres so they are quite durable. They are very quiet even at highway speeds and performed very well in both dry and wet conditions. These tyres perform very well but they are not cheap hence why I replaced them with cheaper performance tyres.

CarVolkswagen Golf GTI
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Hi Kyle, thank you so much for the 5 stars! We're so glad to hear you've enjoyed running Dunlop tyres on your Golf

Adam

AdamAU

long life and great handling

For high performance tires, it was a pleasant surprise to be changing out the front tires at 32,000 kms.
These tyres handled well the entire time and the rear tires are still going. I replaced my fronts with the exact same J version tires. Good value compared to similar brands and no way to fault them. I'll continue buying them.

CarJaguar XE
OOftPuah

OOftPuahSydney

Good tyre however can wear quite quickly

This is the stock tyre for the 2015 XR8 which is why I purchased these when it came to buying new tyres. The tyres tend to do well in both the wet and the dry but my only true gripe about it is that it can wear quite quickly. However you get what you pay for and with a price of ~$162 each shipped, you can't really go wrong with some quality made in Japan tyres.

Car2015 Ford XR8
Shikyo

ShikyoMulgrave

Awesome grip and low road noise

First time using Dunlop and love the low road noise on these compared to my Kumho KU38's or Pirelli P1's. Grip and traction is awesome with these tires and don't feel as if I was losing traction even in a high speed corner. I'll have to see how it goes for wear

CarAudi A4 B7
kinesiologist

kinesiologistSydney, NSW

for the price, grip no what I expected

the tyres have been on for a year or so now, I usually have the front 2 replaced and the old 2 moved to the rear so on and so forth thus only having to replace 2 tyres at a time... this time I actually had to move the old 2 tyres back to the front because I didn't trust the car on the new Dunlop SP max tyres.

Carhonda jazz

Scott

Scottasked

I have a set of SP Sport Maxx 050's on my MY18 Subaru Levorg and I changed the factory wheel to an Oz Racing wheel but I had to get them in 8" as they couldn't get a 7.5" at the time. So the tyres are 225/45-18's and when fitted to the 8" rim, they are not wide enough to protect the edge of the rim, so I measured the tyre width and it's only 204mm wide to the very outer edge of the tread near the sidewall. Why is a 225 wide tyre only 204mm wide? These were fitted at the factory to the Levorg too. I won't be buying another set if they are only 204mm wide.

Scott D.

Scott D.asked

Stan

Stanasked

I have bought a BMW X5 with SP Sport Max 325/30 ZR21 I am getting some unusual wear pattern on the inside of the tyre and they are very noisy is this a design problem with these tyres. they have only done 5000klm as the cost of replacement at this size I want to make them last as long as possible or have some sort of waranty

Chris86
Chris86

Hi Stan
Tyres wearing on the inside would indicate steering alignment for the front and maybe camber alignment at the rear.
the X5 would look nice with the low profile
this issue should be able to be fixed by most places that sell the Tyres, as for the noise it is strange that they would be noisy unless the alignment is out a fair bit or the tyre pressures are out a fair bit as well.
I check my tyre pressure every 2 weeks when I fill up with fuel, if I drive around town I set at 38psi or if country driving going up and down ranges where the altitude is around 800 to 1000 metres I pump up to 40psi.
I got this information from the tyre dealer
hope this helps