Dunlop SP Sport Maxx

Dunlop SP Sport Maxx

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

speed racer

speed racerPerth, WA

Don't bother buying these for your car

My current car (G6ET) had these tyres fitted from new (unfortunately) as did my previous vehicle (XR6T).

Don't waste your money putting these on your car. They fail to provide decent traction in the dry and give practically no traction in the wet and that's with driving sedately.

For each car I changed my tyres over to Michelins even though the Dunlops had plenty of tread left on them they were that bad.....Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on the XR6T and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on the G6ET.

The difference between the Dunlops and Michelins is night and day. A quick Google shows why Michelin Pilot Sports are so highly recommended

Purchased in March 2015.

Tyre Mileage 32,000 km
Car ModelFord Falcon G6ET

John LSydney, NSW

These tyres are not good for the money or for comfort.

Hi,
I have a 2018 VW Golf Comfortline hatch which had 17 inch wheels and Bridgestones as factory standard. In January 2019 I changed to 18 inch x 7.5 inch wide rims with Dunlop Sport Maxx 050+ tyres (225/40/18).
The ride immediately became noisy, rumbles a lot and ride firmed up well above expectations.I am SO Disappointed in this tyre and will NOT use again and cannot recommend them. For now I have gone back to the 17inch Factory rims and tyres. Comfort is Heaven and its certainly not the Dunlop tyres. I have owned several Performance cars with upto 20/30/245 tyres and all have been fine. Must admit they were never shod with Dunlops.

Purchased in January 2019 at St George Tyres for $890.00.

Tyre Mileage 6,000 km
John L

Wow!! Your standard reply to anyone Not happy with Dunlop tyres.. in other words: too bad chump.. you paid your money so now go suffer the loss

Gerry D

Gerry DGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Noisy after 44000 kms

These tyres cane standard on my Honda HRV VTi-L. Whilst initially they appeared O.K, over the course of 2 years the tyres got so noisy that I felt my wheel bearings had failed. Although there was plenty of tread left they had to be changed prematurely. They were subsequently replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport 4’s. All road noise is gone.

Purchased in September 2016.

Noise Level
Martin

MartinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute crap

Absolute crap. These are the factory tyres on Mercedes CLA. When you spend 100 grand on a car, you expect quality, but 7 months later these are worn and needing replaced. Save your money and buy pirelli or continental. Avoid these like the plague.

And half of the reviews below are clearly fake. Separate reviews from supposedly independent people use near identical wording. I guess Dunlop has an issue with these tyres to have to pay for fake reviews!

Purchased in May 2018.

Noise Level
Car ModelMercedes

Joe

JoeMelbourne

Great tyres

I drive a ford falcon and have had these tyres on for years and no problems at all, they grip good, noise level is good , ride is good , great performing tyres as well, could be better in the rain though they do there job , affects the steering a lot so if you don't take care of your car might have issues , but recommended overall a durability tyre

Carford falcon
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Hi Joe, thanks so much for leaving your review. We're glad to hear you're happy with these tyres on your Falcon :) Cheers, Team Dunlop

Aaron Watts

Aaron WattsEUMAMURRIN

Resistant to wear and strong grip

The brand of my car is Jaguar, and Dunlop is the original tyre of Jaguar.

So I learned a lot about it. Dunlop's tires are very durable and have a good grip on the ground.

The influence on the car is very important. If the tire quality is not good, it will affect the control of the steering wheel. Therefore, the quality of the tire affects the safety of driving. I recommend it.

CarJaguar XF
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Hi Aaron, it's so good to hear that you did your homework when it comes to tyres for your car. Thanks so much for leaving your review and we appreciate the five stars too!

Andypoo

AndypooLane cove

RT2....

Long time Dunlop user and these latest RT's are bloody good, fairly quiet for a sports tyre, lower rolling resistance and great all round grip, no down sides. Just a quick google search will tell you the RT and RT 2 do very well in most tyre tests, recommended for sure.

Car225/40/18 AUDI S3
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Hi Andy, thanks for being such a loyal customer! We really appreciate your honest review and the five stars too

Tim D

Tim DGold Coast

High performance with low wear

Being my second C63 I was expecting tyres to wear out around 20,000km. This is what happened with the Perillis on my 2008 C63. I drive the cars relatively hard. With the 2016 model the Dunlop’s Sport Maxx 265/35 R19 on the rear and 245/35 R19 on the front came as standard and I have been very impressed. I was able to get 39,000km of wear. Grip was fantastic and predictable, except when the tyres were cold or not up to temperature which is when the tears would break grip relatively easily. Not a bad result on a car that comes a little under tyred to start with as it has 375kw and 700nm. They were quiet on bitumen but a little noisy on concrete freeways. A very good performance and wearing tyre at a fair price.

Car2016 Mercedes C63s edition 1
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Hi Tim, so awesome to hear you've been enjoying running Dunlop tyres on your C63. Cheers for the five stars too!

coooolAU

Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT 2

Have these cars on all 4 corners of my Megane RS275. Overall excellent tires, wear is moderate as these are high relatively softer, performance orientated tyres. These dunlops have never let me down, and I push my car quite hard. Little things I have noticed are that they tend to push wide, veering on understeer when pinning the throttle too early. Cold grip also can be a little underwhelming, and at low speeds at high steering angles for some unknown reason. Good performance from a relatively cheap tyre.

CarRenault Megane RS275
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Hi there, thank you so much for your honest review and we appreciate you coming back to rate the five stars! Cheers, Team Dunlop

Kyle

KyleSydney

Excellent!

These tyres came with my brand new car. They were on my car for 50,000 kilometres so they are quite durable. They are very quiet even at highway speeds and performed very well in both dry and wet conditions. These tyres perform very well but they are not cheap hence why I replaced them with cheaper performance tyres.

CarVolkswagen Golf GTI
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Hi Kyle, thank you so much for the 5 stars! We're so glad to hear you've enjoyed running Dunlop tyres on your Golf

Adam

AdamAU

long life and great handling

For high performance tires, it was a pleasant surprise to be changing out the front tires at 32,000 kms.
These tyres handled well the entire time and the rear tires are still going. I replaced my fronts with the exact same J version tires. Good value compared to similar brands and no way to fault them. I'll continue buying them.

CarJaguar XE

OOftPuah

OOftPuahSydney

Good tyre however can wear quite quickly

This is the stock tyre for the 2015 XR8 which is why I purchased these when it came to buying new tyres. The tyres tend to do well in both the wet and the dry but my only true gripe about it is that it can wear quite quickly. However you get what you pay for and with a price of ~$162 each shipped, you can't really go wrong with some quality made in Japan tyres.

Car2015 Ford XR8

Shikyo

ShikyoMulgrave

Awesome grip and low road noise

First time using Dunlop and love the low road noise on these compared to my Kumho KU38's or Pirelli P1's. Grip and traction is awesome with these tires and don't feel as if I was losing traction even in a high speed corner. I'll have to see how it goes for wear

CarAudi A4 B7

kinesiologist

kinesiologistNSW, 2070

for the price, grip no what I expected

the tyres have been on for a year or so now, I usually have the front 2 replaced and the old 2 moved to the rear so on and so forth thus only having to replace 2 tyres at a time... this time I actually had to move the old 2 tyres back to the front because I didn't trust the car on the new Dunlop SP max tyres.

Carhonda jazz

Unsafe - Tyre blowout with only 2,500 kms on it

Driving at 110 km/hr on highway when noticed loud repetitive noise. Moved to side of road - car began to shudder. Rear Left side tyre had come completely off its rim. No sign of puncture or obvious cause for tyre to come off its rim. All 4 tyres are brand new with only 2,500 kms of driving.

CarHonda CRV - LtVi (SUV)

Hopeless tyres

Bought my '00 Mercedes CLK230 Komp with 4 mismatched and damaged AMG rims and worn front tyres. Ended up buying 4 new Simmons rims and 225/40-18 Dunlops for the front.
Initially, tyres were smooth, if not a bit hard and noisy.
Within 3 months, they were out of round and can't be balanced properly! Pathetic. Wet grip very average, dry grip okay.
Looks like I will be replacing them asap because I hate them.
Will go for Michelins or Contis.
Don't buy these tyres.

CarMercedes CLK230 Kompressor

Good early

I got these tyres as recommended by Beaurepairs as that's what my BF falcon came out with. The Tyres handled well in all conditions but wear very quickly even with regular rotation intervales. On my 30,000km rotation service the dealer said they are worn down too far to rotate would not get again at $150 each on special don't bother.

Carford bf falcon

Pickle

Pickle

Sp sport 3000a - noisey tyres!

Bought my VW second hand and to my displeasure, previous owner had fitted these tyres to the vehicle instead of Continental tyres which it normally comes with. Only question I have is, WHY??? Dunlop are so noisey and detract from an otherwise nice drive. Every other European car I have owned has had continentals and I have never regretted it. They are a far superior tyre for quiet driving. I can't wait to get Conti's back on my car and enjoy driving again. They are simply in a different league from these terrible dunlops.

Car2011 VW Passat

No good after 15000

Front tyres scrub on outside which i can handle as it is a soft compound and has a bit of power coming via the front. I intended to change tyres front to back when i found the rears were vertically split in every valley.Spoke with renault service and they told me thats one reason renault no longer use dunlop. Poor tyre for the price. Much better tyres out there without the risk

CarRenault megune gt 220 wagon