Sorry, there are no reviews yet. Be the first to write a review.

Kram Y.asked

Ecosmart Electric Boosted Solar 315L

I want to know if your system can accommodate the solar panels being 30meters away from the hot water tank

Hi Kram,

The maximum distance (pipe length) between the tank and collectors is 20m.

If the tank or collectors cannot be relocated to this distance, please consider other options such as condensing gas continuous flow units.

Best Regards,

Kram Y.

Thanks, I don't have gas and the distance can't be changed. I'll check out some other brands that might accommodate my requirements

Robert Hurleasked

Ecosmart Electric Boosted Solar 400L, 2 Panels D4M36F202

When the Hotlogic power light flashes red, it appears to be due to an "output error", and the pump fails to pump water to the panels. The system is so bad and so expensive to repair that I'm inclined to turn the controller off and treat it just as an (inefficient) electric water heater. Is there another solution?

Hi Robert,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and really hope we can resolve your issues.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your best contact number, productreview username, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Regards,

Robert Hurle

I had no response to a message explaining the problem and providing all the details to your help email.

Darryl Y.

Darryl Y.asked

Ecosmart Electric Boosted Solar 315L

What should I do with my electric boosted dux solar hot water system in winter when I am away on holiday for 3 months. I live in Barossa Valley Sth Australia which is prone to severe frosts.

Hi Darryl,

We hope we have answered your concern in your other post. If you didn't receive it, here it is:

Please ensure that the power to the solar module is left turned on at the power point, this will allow the solar module to circulate water to the collectors, providing frost protection.

The element can be powered on, but it should be powered back on a minimum of 24hrs before first use (perhaps arrange this with a neighbour), this is to ensure that the water is sanitized in accordance with AS3498.

Also run the taps to bleed any hydrogen out of the tank, ensure that there are no sources of ignition when this is occurring.

For any concerns, you can email directly help@dux.com.au.

Best Regards,

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives