270L, 180L
Listing monitored by iStore

Pros

• Cheaper to run than electric or gas storage systems

• Environmentally friendly hot water heating

• Government rebates are available

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Piper Cullen
Piper Cullen South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Product - saved me THOUSANDS in first year!

Had our iStore 270 heat pump installed by KMS Services to replace our old Rheem 315L electric hot water system. For my family of 6 this unit had never missed a beat! We noticed a considerable reduction in our energy bills and we were able to utilise the build in timer function to run the unit in conjunction with our PV solar. Would highly recommend KMS and the iStore heat pump to everyone!

Purchased in March 2020 at KMS Hot Water Services.

iStoreiStore

Hi Piper. It's great to hear that you're having such a good experience with your new hot water system, and even better to hear that you're already seeing the results in your bills. Thank you very much for your recommendation. Kind regards, iStore.

Dave
Dave Peel, WA

The best

We have a large old home and have had hot water problems for 5 years with our old solar system was expensive to run with booster
We installed two 280 l units and it’s the best thing we have ever done
Plenty of hot water the tank heated up in two hours and we can run two showers at once
At only a fraction of the cost
Should have done it sooner

Purchased in April 2021.

Noise Level
iStoreiStore

Hi Dave. Great to hear you're loving your new iStore systems. It's good to know you're already seeing the benefits. If you ever have any questions or need any assistance with them please don't hesitate to get in touch.

JKLO
JKLOGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect! Very happy with the 180L

Purchased in February 2021 at Solargain for $2,099.00.

Very happy with the 180L

We had a client after a new hot water system, as they already had solar panels we advised them to get us to install a 180L iStore Heat Pump. They noticed the difference almost straight away and were stoked with the install and how user friendly these units are. We will be definitely doing more with iStore!

Purchased in March 2021.

iStoreiStore

Hi Matt. Glad to hear that your clients loving the new iStore system in their home. Thank you for recommending us to them, and we look forward to working with you more in the future.

Sean
SeanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good value/return on investment

Purchased in December 2019 at Solargain.

iStoreiStore

Hi Sean. Thank you very much for this comprehensive review, and for recommending us to your friends. Great to hear you're enjoying your iStore. Kind regards, iStore.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Taylah
TaylahPerth, WA

Didn't know what hot water was till i got a iStore!

I recently purchase the iStore after reading all the fantastic reviews online, and i'm so glad i did! The product is amazing and i didn't realise how bad my previous hot water system was till i brought the iStore. The install and ordering was super quick and easy. I will be recommending this product to all my friends and family.

Purchased in February 2021.

swangler75
swangler75Perth, WA

Great so far

I have had an istore 270l installed for several months now, and I am quite happy with it. It works in well with the new Solar Panels I had installed on the roof. I set it up to turn on when the Solar Panels are at their most efficient during the day, and unless I use an unusual amount of hot water over night, Its still nice and hot in the morning. Even without Solar, they are very efficient.

Purchased in October 2020 at Solargain for $3,190.00.

iStoreiStore

Hi. Great to hear you're having a good experience so far with your iStore! Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we love hearing from our happy customers. Kind regards, iStore.

Donna Watson
Donna WatsonPerth, WA

Unreal Service Installer was Fantastic

I contacted John from Mundys Plumbing & Gas in relation to a new heat pump being installed, John was onsite that day running through different options. I opted for the I Store 270 Litre which he highly recommended and this unit has not let me down. My savings compared to my old gas system are unbelievable. Great product and great service. Will be recommending to all our friends.

Household Size 4 person(s)
iStoreiStore

Hi Donna. It's great to hear how much you've been saving with your iStore! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this review and your recommendation. Kind regards, IStore.

MPV
MPVSydney, NSW

Great Unit - delivers all we need efficiently

We replaced our gas heater with an iStore and couldn’t be happier . We never run out of hot water with 5 adults . It’s quiet and extremely efficient. Coupled with our solar PV system we have free hot water for life .

Purchased in June 2020 for $3,250.00.

iStoreiStore

Hi. We're glad to hear you're seeing such a great result from your new iStore system. Welcome to the best in hot water! Kind regards, iStore.

Milan
MilanSydney, NSW

Perfect system I can’t believe the performance well done

Beautiful system look and performersFrom the time when we install wasn’t even one and a half hour and the system temperature from 17° to 60° that is really really good I can’t believe the system is performing that much well done

Purchased in October 2020 for $100.00.

R Campbell
R CampbellPeel, WA

Interesting change from the old solar panel hot water system

Decided to try this air to energy system and just had it installed. Bill from I Store and the team of plumbers and electricians were fantastic in helping with a small minor teething problem. I will be interested to see its performance over the coming months. also thanks to sale agents I Breeze Mandurah (Jason) for his help when purchasing the item.
Russ Campbell Falcon WA

Purchased in October 2020 for $2,100.00.

iStoreiStore

Hi Russ. We can't wait for you to start enjoying the benefits of the iStore. Glad to hear you had a good experience with Bill and the rest of the team. Kind regards, iStore.

Tom
TomGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works great!

The Hot water rebate in VIC was a pain of a process to go through. But it was worth it in the end.

The iStore 180L works great. We only have a little house so this size should be perfect for us. (Only got installed the other day) One more appliance off the gas and onto the solar. Just the cook-top to go now.

Thanks Will from Solargain for organizing the installation. Sorry about my crappy, full, internal switchboard, but Dylan didn't give up, and got the job done like a champion.

It's actually quieter than I thought it would be as well. And even though it is overcast and rainy today, my 6kW solar system is generating more then enough to cover the 500W the iStore needs.

Very happy.

Purchased in August 2020 at Solargain.

Luke Beattie
Luke BeattiePerth, WA

Reliable Hot Water and Great Service

Our old hot water system died on a weekend and we contacted iStore to install one of their units. The installer they put us in contact with installed a temporary hot water unit first thing on the Monday morning. The team then came on Wednesday and installed our iStore. They were polite and efficient and we're very happy with the outcome. The iStore and the service are excellent.

Purchased in July 2020.

Excellent Customer Service From Simon

I got home last night to no hot water. I called Simon who took me through the steps of getting my hws working again. Simon was extremely patient and knowledgeable. It was not an easy task to walk me through the troubleshooting ( I am a bit challenged in that area, being a single mom), but he was so willing to repeat himself again and again. This was at 6.30pm which is after hours for most people. Simon is a dedicated worker who he took time out of his evening with his family to get make sure my family had hot water. I was very extremely impressed and grateful having hot water especially in this weather. Thank you very much Simon!

Purchased in June 2019.

Mel
MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Smart looking system, well put together, keeps up with my family of 5!

Our old tank was a 300L, upgraded to this smaller heat pump which was at a fair price point. Wasn't sure the size would be enough but so far has been great. Its winter now and were getting around 40min straight of shower time before the heat drops off which is about 5 showers in a row for us. Runs pretty quiet too, haven't needed to put it on high performance yet, but nice to know we can boost the heating speed on the control panel when we have visitors.
Going off the time it runs for every day it should only cost us about $300 a year in power.
Giving it 5 stars, good product.

Purchased in May 2020 for $2,200.00.

iStoreiStore

Hi Mel. It's great to hear that you're loving your iStore! Even better that it's keeping up with the whole families needs. Nothing makes us happier than hearing from happy customers. Kind regards, iStore.

Frequently Asked Questions about iStore Air to Energy

What is an iStore?####

iStore Air to Energy systems utilise the latest compressor technology to naturally extract heat energy from the air and store it in the form of hot water for later use. Designed in Australia for Australian conditions, the iStore is one of the most cost-effective dual-purpose storage solutions available.

How does the iStore work?####

The iStore utilises refrigeration technology which is an incredibly efficient form of producing heating capacity since the first refrigerant gas was developed way back in 1928. The process is very similar to pumping up a bicycle tyre with a hand held pump; the more compression and pressure when using a bicycle tyre pump, the hotter the pump gets. This is essentially the same process as the iStore’s Hitachi compressor in action creating heat from compression and transferring the thermal energy around the tank to heat the water inside the fully insulated cylinder.

Why choose an iStore?####

For Australian households and businesses, the heating of hot water is the largest contributor of greenhouse gas emissions and energy costs. The iStore runs at an incredible 400% efficiency, and when synced with Solar Roof Solar Power, the hot water heating costs can be as low as 11 cents per day.

Will the iStore ever run out of hot water?####

No Fully customisable, the iStore incorporates 4 modes to suit every hot water application. From small households to large hot water demands, one iStore can produce over 2,500 litres of hot water in a 24 hour period.

Will the iStore ever run out of hot water?####

No Fully customisable, the iStore incorporates 4 modes to suit every hot water application. From small households to large hot water demands, one iStore can produce over 2,500 litres of hot water in a 24hr period.

Will my system work in overcast conditions?####

Of course the iStore is not reliant on the sun shining. Extracting energy from the surrounding air, the iStore will provide reliable hot water day and night, all year round.

Is the iStore technology safe?####

Compared to conventional gas and electric resistive hot water systems, the iStore surpasses the latest Australian Standards for safety. With an incredibly low power draw when in operation (less than a household kettle), the iStore seamlessly integrates with existing electrical infrastructure in any Australian home or business.

How noisy is the compressor?####

The team behind iStore invested over 10,000 man hours ensuring the compressor would be as quiet as possible, without sacrificing efficiency. The iStore has been independently tested to 46.6dB at 1m. It’s an amazing achievement and we’re proud to say we have one of the quietest systems available on the market.

Will my system be covered by home building insurance?####

Of course checking with your insurance company is the first port of call. iStore recommends that your insurance company is notified and listed on your policy. We also suggest to check whether you have fusion protection in case of power surges.

How much money can I save?####

By installing an iStore, you can save up to $1500 per year.

How much pollution can I save?####

Installing an iStore is the equivalent of removing 4 tonnes worth of CO2 every year!

How long before my system pays itself back?####

The best return on investment can be under 2 years when factoring in the replacement / purchase cost of a traditional hot water system.

Are government incentives and rebates still available?####

Yes. Depending on your residing state in Australia, customers replacing existing traditional hot water systems may be eligible for $800 to $3000 off their system cost!

Does the iStore need to be installed on the ground?####

The most common installation location is on the ground, located outside the home. Custom solutions for tight / elevated areas can be designed, however please contact an iStore specialist to discuss your needs.

How much space will the iStore take up?####

The 270L all-in-one iStore will require approximately 0.7m in width x 2.1m height.

Can the iStore be installed indoors?####

Yes - the iStore can in fact be installed indoors as the refrigerant used is non-flammable and safe to be installed indoors. Provision for adequate fresh air to unit location shall be provided. Contact iStore to discuss your site-specific needs.

Will I be without hot water for long during installation?####

Typically, an installation of the iStore will take between 2-3 hours to complete. In almost all installation scenarios you will have hot water again the same evening of installation.

Can I replace an existing gas or electric hot water system?####

Yes - the iStore is an ideal replacement for existing gas or electric hot water systems. In fact, installing an iStore when replacing existing hot water systems takes about the same time as installing a traditional gas or electric hot water system.

Is my iStore easy to maintain?####

Yes - the iStore is very easy to maintain. After your iStore is installed and commissioned, maintenance required is very minimal.

How often should I have it serviced?####

iStore recommends that a 5 year service be conducted to ensure the system is working at maximum efficiency.

Latest Consumer Questions

Martin asked
Air to Energy 180L

How do you turn up the gas pressure and the hot water temperature thanks

iStoreiStore

Hi Martin, please call our hotline on 1300 552 619 and we can discuss your needs. Thank you, iStore.

Martin

Thanks but they got it solved

CRD333
CRD333asked
Air to Energy

For those that have the unit installed, can you advise the level of noise generated.

iStoreiStore

The iStore comes in two models, the 180L emits 45dB and the 270L emits 48dB. Typically this is no louder than a split system air conditioner. We recommend running the iStore during the day to maximise savings from PV(solar Panel) generation and the warmer ambient temperatures. These two recommendations result in run times away from any night time disturbances. Note that typically the iStore would heat for around 1.5-2.0 hours per heating cycle so the noise emitted is for limited durations.

Please feel free to call us on 1300 552 619 to discuss your individual situation.

Steve H
Steve Hasked
Air to Energy

Considering the iStore 180, could someone provide me with the actual unit measurements, please? It will be installed in a storage area inside a large ceiling storage area, however I have size constraints to consider!

I would appreciate a full specification sheet if you could provide one.

Many thanks, Steve

Hi,

You can find the specifications for the 180L system through the link below.

Please call iStore on 1300 552 619 to discuss your unique installation.

Kind regards,

See all iStore Air to Energy questions

Get an answer from our members and iStore representatives

iStore Air to Energy

The iStore Air to Energy solar hot water system offers an alternative to electric or gas energy. Its air-to-energy technology creates heat from compression, which is both energy efficient and economical. iStore makes two exciting estimates: firstly, that you’ll save $950 a year compared to paying for a gas or electric hot water storage system; and secondly, that prolonged usage can reduce carbon emissions by up to 4 tonnes.

Features:

• This is an energy efficient option, as the iStore Air to Energy system only draws 1kW of power to run, and 500kW per hour during its air-to-energy heating process
  • Compatible with a PV solar power system, if you have the panels on your roof. iStore estimates that when used with solar power, energy costs can be as little as 11 cents daily
  • Two in-built timers allow you customisation options to program the system for off-peak heating to save money
  • 4 intelligent operating modes allow for adaptability, including a hybrid mode to accommodate extra household members when you have guests, and a vacation mode

Points of praise for the iStore Air to Energy hot water heating system:

• The iStore team provide exceptional customer service, along with well-informed advice about installation, and follow through
  • hot water never runs out , even with 5 person household
  • The cost of energy bills dropped in when an iStore system was swapped out with an old gas hot water storage system. This was especially the case when the iStore was couple with a solar PV system, which resulted in further energy savings
  • System temperature remained consistently high, providing comfortingly hot water that didn’t run out or become colder over time

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

The iStore Air to Energy took home the 2021 Award for Best Solar Water Heater. Since there are no reviews under 4 stars, it’s not difficult to see why. Top points were scored by the iStore for its outstanding heating speed and temperature consistency.

Compare both iStore Air to Energy