iStore Air to Energy

• Heating Speed
Tom

TomGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works great!

The Hot water rebate in VIC was a pain of a process to go through. But it was worth it in the end.

The iStore 180L works great. We only have a little house so this size should be perfect for us. (Only got installed the other day) One more appliance off the gas and onto the solar. Just the cook-top to go now.

Thanks Will from Solargain for organizing the installation. Sorry about my crappy, full, internal switchboard, but Dylan didn't give up, and got the job done like a champion.

It's actually quieter than I thought it would be as well. And even though it is overcast and rainy today, my 6kW solar system is generating more then enough to cover the 500W the iStore needs.

Very happy.

Purchased in August 2020 at Solargain.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
Luke Beattie

Luke BeattiePerth, WA

Reliable Hot Water and Great Service

Our old hot water system died on a weekend and we contacted iStore to install one of their units. The installer they put us in contact with installed a temporary hot water unit first thing on the Monday morning. The team then came on Wednesday and installed our iStore. They were polite and efficient and we're very happy with the outcome. The iStore and the service are excellent.

Purchased in July 2020.

Excellent Customer Service From Simon

I got home last night to no hot water. I called Simon who took me through the steps of getting my hws working again. Simon was extremely patient and knowledgeable. It was not an easy task to walk me through the troubleshooting ( I am a bit challenged in that area, being a single mom), but he was so willing to repeat himself again and again. This was at 6.30pm which is after hours for most people. Simon is a dedicated worker who he took time out of his evening with his family to get make sure my family had hot water. I was very extremely impressed and grateful having hot water especially in this weather. Thank you very much Simon!

Purchased in June 2019.

Solar Water Heaters

Find out how iStore Air to Energy compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Mel

MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Smart looking system, well put together, keeps up with my family of 5!

Our old tank was a 300L, upgraded to this smaller heat pump which was at a fair price point. Wasn't sure the size would be enough but so far has been great. Its winter now and were getting around 40min straight of shower time before the heat drops off which is about 5 showers in a row for us. Runs pretty quiet too, haven't needed to put it on high performance yet, but nice to know we can boost the heating speed on the control panel when we have visitors.
Going off the time it runs for every day it should only cost us about $300 a year in power.
Giving it 5 stars, good product.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$2,200.00.

iStoreiStore

Hi Mel. It's great to hear that you're loving your iStore! Even better that it's keeping up with the whole families needs. Nothing makes us happier than hearing from happy customers. Kind regards, iStore.

Alice H.

Alice H.Northeast, VIC

Highly recommend the iStore!

I would happily recommend the iStore to anyone. We recently got solar for our house so made the change from our gas hot water system to the electric iStore and it's been fantastic. The installer set up the iStore so it heats up during the day to run off the solar power, this has resulted in our bills being reduced dramatically. Thank you to the team at Solargain for making the process so simple.

Purchased at Solargain.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
iStoreiStore

Hi Alice, thank you very much for your review! It's great to hear how pleased you have been with the iStore and that your bills have decreased dramatically.
Kind regards, iStore.

Great System and Customer Service I would highly recommend

Our iStore unit hasn't missed a beat, even during high demand and frosty cold morning as low as -5 degrees it has provided all of our hot water needs. Best of all our energy bills have dropped! The iStore runs during the day when the solar power system is generating electricity from the sun.

Purchased in April 2019.

iStoreiStore

Hi Nicole, thank you very much for the review and we're happy to hear you're enjoying the benefits of your iStore unit! Kind regards, iStore.

First Class old fashioned service!

Our households hot water produced now is for free due to unit controls and our solar system. We had a problem caused by myself mucking around with the control and after I spoke to my plumber who put me onto the guy running iStore I think Simon was his name. The service was second to none. Honestly the iStore team is run by people who know their trade and are not afraid to get their hands dirty! Its one thing to buy a new product your not sure about but to know the back up service is what it is I would have bought one straight away rather than looking around at other systems.

Purchased in September 2019.

Noise Level
Household Size 6 person(s)
iStoreiStore

Hi Peter, thank you very much for the wonderful review and feedback! We will be sure to share it with team. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist with. Kind regards, iStore.

Don

DonPerth, WA

Great system & even better savings

Replaced my old gas storage hot water system few months ago. Our gas bill has dropped heaps while the iStore is heating water from our solar power during the day.

Great looking unit too, would recommend iStore to anyone who's looking for the latest hot water system unit.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$2,899.00.

iStoreiStore

Hi Don, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're very happy to hear this feedback and that you're enjoying the benefits of your iStore. Kind regards, iStore.

HOT Water

Water hot immediately with no wait time. Very impressed and should be some decent savings with improved efficiency! Arranged and installed promptly. Great customer service. Would highly recommend this system and John from Plumb it Right. Tha...

Purchased in October 2019.

iStoreiStore

Hi Fiona, thank you very much for your review! We really appreciate the great feedback. Kind regards, iStore.

Solar Water Heaters

Find out how iStore Air to Energy compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Starman

StarmanPerth, WA

Solargain iStore Heat Pump

Purchased in December 2018 for A$3,600.00.

iStoreiStore

Hi Starman, thank you very much for your great review and rating! We're so happy to hear how pleased you are with your system and that we could assist with your screen. Kind regards, iStore.

JackordJack

JackordJackPerth, WA

Could not believe how good this is

HOT Water at last, constant hot water!
Replaced an old DUX, which was hopeless from the get go.
Nervous about going heat pump again, BUT very impressed with the iSTORE.
It takes next to no time to heat up, timer clock allows it to be programmed for when the PV is working.
We are frankly blown away by this unit.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$3,000.00.

Derek

DerekPerth, WA

I store - what a difference !

Had to replace our old storage HWU and decided to go with the I store after taking some sound advice from our plumber. We have PV panels so the running costs are going to be next to nothing. The unit heats up to temperature in no time even in eco mode and the capacity is more than enough for 5. Only thing is getting kids out of the shower as we’ve never run out of hot water since install !

Purchased in June 2019.

Deb

DebPerth, WA

Hot Water for the Future

We had the iStore installed October 2018 after we had enough of our gas storage water heater. We already had solar panels and after talking to experts decided that the iStore was for us and we haven’t been disappointed. We always have plenty of hot water while our power bills decreased. It is very quiet when running so is not intrusive to the household or our neighbours. The timer allows the water to be heated during the time the solar panels are producing electricity. There is even a holiday mode so it is simple to save on running costs while away from home.

Purchased in October 2018 at Solargain.

Christie S

Christie SPerth, WA

This is so great!!!

We had our heat pump installed in July 2018 but I wanted to give it a fair try out before I wrote a review. We are a 4 person family who tend to take long showers and we have never run out of hot water even in cloudy or rainy conditions. We can be using both showers and the kitchen sink at the same time and have never have any issues. The heat pump works really well with our solar pv system and has saved us a considerable amount of money on our electricity bills. We have never experienced temperature fluctuations, just consistent hot water day or night.
I am a huge fan and I would recommend this to anyone.

Purchased in July 2018 for A$3,000.00.

Frequently Asked Questions about iStore Air to Energy

What is an iStore?

iStore Air to Energy systems utilise the latest compressor technology to naturally extract heat energy from the air and store it in the form of hot water for later use. Designed in Australia for Australian conditions, the iStore is one of the most cost-effective dual-purpose storage solutions available.

How does the iStore work?

The iStore utilises refrigeration technology which is an incredibly efficient form of producing heating capacity since the first refrigerant gas was developed way back in 1928. The process is very similar to pumping up a bicycle tyre with a hand held pump; the more compression and pressure when using a bicycle tyre pump, the hotter the pump gets. This is essentially the same process as the iStore’s Hitachi compressor in action creating heat from compression and transferring the thermal energy around the tank to heat the water inside the fully insulated cylinder.

Why choose an iStore?

For Australian households and businesses, the heating of hot water is the largest contributor of greenhouse gas emissions and energy costs. The iStore runs at an incredible 400% efficiency, and when synced with Solar Roof Solar Power, the hot water heating costs can be as low as 11 cents per day.

Will the iStore ever run out of hot water?

No Fully customisable, the iStore incorporates 4 modes to suit every hot water application. From small households to large hot water demands, one iStore can produce over 2,500 litres of hot water in a 24 hour period.

Will the iStore ever run out of hot water?

No Fully customisable, the iStore incorporates 4 modes to suit every hot water application. From small households to large hot water demands, one iStore can produce over 2,500 litres of hot water in a 24hr period.

Will my system work in overcast conditions?

Of course the iStore is not reliant on the sun shining. Extracting energy from the surrounding air, the iStore will provide reliable hot water day and night, all year round.

Is the iStore technology safe?

Compared to conventional gas and electric resistive hot water systems, the iStore surpasses the latest Australian Standards for safety. With an incredibly low power draw when in operation (less than a household kettle), the iStore seamlessly integrates with existing electrical infrastructure in any Australian home or business.

How noisy is the compressor?

The team behind iStore invested over 10,000 man hours ensuring the compressor would be as quiet as possible, without sacrificing efficiency. The iStore has been independently tested to 46.6dB at 1m. It’s an amazing achievement and we’re proud to say we have one of the quietest systems available on the market.

Will my system be covered by home building insurance?

Of course checking with your insurance company is the first port of call. iStore recommends that your insurance company is notified and listed on your policy. We also suggest to check whether you have fusion protection in case of power surges.

How much money can I save?

By installing an iStore, you can save up to $1500 per year.

How much pollution can I save?

Installing an iStore is the equivalent of removing 4 tonnes worth of CO2 every year!

How long before my system pays itself back?

The best return on investment can be under 2 years when factoring in the replacement / purchase cost of a traditional hot water system.

Are government incentives and rebates still available?

Yes. Depending on your residing state in Australia, customers replacing existing traditional hot water systems may be eligible for $800 to $3000 off their system cost!

Does the iStore need to be installed on the ground?

The most common installation location is on the ground, located outside the home. Custom solutions for tight / elevated areas can be designed, however please contact an iStore specialist to discuss your needs.

How much space will the iStore take up?

The 270L all-in-one iStore will require approximately 0.7m in width x 2.1m height.

Can the iStore be installed indoors?

Yes - the iStore can in fact be installed indoors as the refrigerant used is non-flammable and safe to be installed indoors. Provision for adequate fresh air to unit location shall be provided. Contact iStore to discuss your site-specific needs.

Will I be without hot water for long during installation?

Typically, an installation of the iStore will take between 2-3 hours to complete. In almost all installation scenarios you will have hot water again the same evening of installation.

Can I replace an existing gas or electric hot water system?

Yes - the iStore is an ideal replacement for existing gas or electric hot water systems. In fact, installing an iStore when replacing existing hot water systems takes about the same time as installing a traditional gas or electric hot water system.

Is my iStore easy to maintain?

Yes - the iStore is very easy to maintain. After your iStore is installed and commissioned, maintenance required is very minimal.

How often should I have it serviced?

iStore recommends that a 5 year service be conducted to ensure the system is working at maximum efficiency.

Latest Consumer Questions

Edward L.

Edward L.asked

Air to Energy

Hi, does the iStore comes with an app that we can use to control the system over our home wifi? Thanks

iStoreiStore

Hello Edward, the iStore does not include an app for remote control, we work directly with consumers to tailor the iStore configuration with a target of “set and forget”. With the unit using only approximately ¼ of the normal electricity consumed by traditional hot water heaters and the ability to work in conjunction with existing electric solar panels it really needs very little intervention from homeowners. Happy to discuss your needs directly on 1300 552 619.

Kind Regards, iStore

Petr S.
Petr S.

Hi. My installer told me that iStore is working on Wifi connected app. The 180l system I have has wifi icon on the display which is not yet active.

iStoreiStore

Hi Petr. We're happy to chat with you about this, feel free to give us a call on 1300 264 823 to discuss.

Steve Hallasked

Air to Energy

Hi I am interested In knowing where iStore heat pumps are manufactured
Thanks Stephen

iStoreiStore

Hi, our iStore systems are designed for Australian conditions by plumbers experienced with the Australian climate and manufactured in our quality Chinese facilities.

Steve Hall

Thanks are parts easily available
We had a problem with the Kelvinator system which we couldn’t fix because of an availability of parts

iStoreiStore

Yes they are, parts and service for the iStore system are readily available all around Australia.

Mitch

Mitchasked

Air to Energy 270L

is it true that Evo Heat EVO270 and the iStore heat pump are exactly the same?

iStoreiStore

Hello Mitch, our products may share similar roots but our product is brought to you by 75 years of plumbing experience, we are owned and operate by plumbers. When you call us you speak to experts in the operation of the iStore and how to get the very best from the unit at the lowest operating costs. Feel free to call us on the 7 day support 1300 552 619 number to find out the iStore difference.

Get an answer from our members and iStore representatives