Dyson Airwrap

See the Best Hair Stylers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nada G

Nada GSydney, NSW

Sooo disappointed

Purchased in August 2019 for $715.00.

If time equals money, then Dyson Airwrap is worth every penny!

I have thick, 3b curly hair, which comes to the middle of my back & I usually spend an hour and a half to blow dry & flat iron it. After reading reviews I decided to buy myself this gift to save time & use less damaging heat on my hair. This morning I used my Dyson Airwrap with the firm smoothing brush, sectioned my hair into 6 parts, and I had completed the job in 12 minutes. On top of that, I had no need to flat iron at all! I'm seriously impressed & don't regret spending the money.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Disappointed

DisappointedSydney, NSW

It's ok. But not what you would expect for $800

Purchased in August 2019 at Dyson for $799.00.

lwilsonoconnor

lwilsonoconnorSydney, NSW

Underwhelming after demo at pop up in Sydney

I went to the Dyson hair demo store to try out the air wrap before purchase. The stylist did my hair in the curls that I wanted, but the curls were literally gone within the hour, I was left with a wave at best. Product including mousse and spray was used. My hair usually does hold curls with heat styling tools. I am glad I was able to try rather than buy and saved myself a fortune and disappointment. Unfortunate because I wanted it to work.

Purchased for $50.00.

Seema

Seema

Best hair took I've ever used

I love what dyson have come out with, with the airwrap and the airblade. I love my beauty products and this is on of the best I have ever used. It makes styling my hair so much quicker and more convenient. The only reason this gets 4 stars is because its SO expensive. I purchased mine for almost $900 for Myer!

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $899.00.

Fatima

Fatima

I love this it has made my life much easier

Fashion Nugget

Fashion NuggetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Time Saver

Purchased in June 2019 at David Jones for $799.00.

MadzyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointing - not so special. You can do better with your money

I bought this a few months ago and am pretty disappointed because it just does not give the results that all the demo videos and you tube lead you to believe. No way i would recommend anyone pay the riduculous asking price on this. A decent hair dryer and style brush give the same or better result. A lesson learned the hard way. The hype just hot air - which is all that this hair dryer delivers.

Purchased for $799.00.

Candice TGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

WOW! After reading a million and two reviews I bought it and love it.

Purchased in August 2019 at Sephora Online Store for $720.00.

JackalBrisbane

Love it, but curls won't last!

Purchased in January 2019.

Impressive

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $699.00.

Tina

Tina

Good but expensive for what it does

I have always had problems curling my hair without getting burnt in the process, so I was super excited when I bought the airwrap. It comes in a massive case with all the attachments which was great, but maybe would've been nice to have a smaller travel case too for the essentials. The curling part requires a certain amount of coordination but is fairly easy overall and I didn't burn myself which was a plus. It seemed to set my hair in curls for longer than when I used a normal wand, but it was difficult to do the back of my hair properly. Overall it was fairly easy to use but for what it does, the price seemed a bit much.

Purchased in November 2018 at Dyson for $699.00.

Sam

It's good, but faulty and at that price is it worth it?

Purchased in February 2019 at Dyson for $699.00.

Sam

Thanks for your reply, the Customer Service team have now been in touch (20 days later) and are arranging a straight swap of the machine, which is most appreciated.

RobV

RobVMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dyson Airwrap

Bought this for my girlfriend at Christmas and she has not stopped using it. She loves the attachments. She really likes the results of the styling and uses it in conjunction with her dyson hairdryer.
Would recommend

MM2017

MM2017asked

Hi there, I'm looking at purchasing a Dyson Airwrap in Australia however it will likely be used in Hong Kong. Will the Airwrap work once a power adaptor is used?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

As the Hong Kong and Australian Dyson AirWrap variants both have a similar voltage range, a Australian machine may work in Hong Kong with an adaptor, however we don't recommend it, and we can't guarantee that it'll will work.

Should you have any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Ali V.

Ali V.asked

I just bought the Dyson Airwrap Blow dryer 5 days ago. This was the third time using in and as I was about to complete the look with the curling wand the blow dryer shut off and when I tried to turn it off an on a blinking red light went off. It took about 10 minutes to cool down. When I turned it back on it shut off again. I read some reviews and see this is happening to a few people. Is this a common problem with the blow dryer?

Madzy

Contact Dyson - they are responsive and helpful. this has never happened for me

Candice T

This hasn't happened to me either, but I have read the machine can overheat. Contact Dyson :)

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We certainly wouldn't expect this Ali.

Please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly to help get this sorted.

Jackalasked

Help. I spend the time, l curl my hair, but by the time l finish one side, the other side curls have dropped out. I repeat, each time, the other side has dropped out. Eventually all sides looking good, but 15 mins later, curls all dropped out, back to having to use a pony tail to look groomed!
What am l doing wrong? I use small amount of hair, curls well on high heat or medium heat, then the cold blast to set, then let curl out, result, a great curl. ...but then it falls out in 15 minutes or less. Help!

kgmgim

Hi Jackal, have you checked out some of the videos on YouTube? In the interim, do you use a styling product e.g mousse prior to styling & perhaps as soon hairspray may help set the curls?

Jackal

Thanks kgmgim. I looked at two videos, " Dyson Airwrap TIPS for people who can't hold curls" but the girl admitted it was her 2nd utube as all curls she did fell out during her first utube attempt,this she claimed a success, but the curls were falling flat as she spoke. The second utube called "Dyson AirWrap 3 ways" with Lucy Jessica Carter, great final look but her video skips most of the actual curling, for the using both types of curling attachments ( the curling cones and the round brush), and the final post curling cones view is actually significantly falling out already.
l've tried hairspray strong hold after curling, but didn't hold. As for Mousse prior to styling, l didn't use that because it might coat the curling rods, l didn't want any residue on them which would risk my warranty while lm still unsure about keeping the product, it's not doing what it's advertised to do. I love the AirWrap for drying straight, just can't get the curls.

kgmgim

I’m not too sure what else to suggest, perhaps it maybe worthwhile contacting Dyson? I generally use the brushes for volume rather than curls & dry my shortish hair straight. My daughter with long wavy/curly hair uses it to dry her hair straight. The other with long fine hair, uses it for soft waves, rather than curls using hairspray to make it stay. I’ll be very interested for if you work out how to make curls last.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives