Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute +

Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute +

MPN: 226420-01

See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Expected a whole lot more

When we moved into our new home without carpet and needed a new vacuum we decided on the newly released Dyson V10 after doing some research. This is not your everyday vacuum, rather a handy tool for picking up toast crumbs after breakfast. It does that job just fine but for the thousand dollars it cost, a $20 cordless does the same job. Now after a year of ownership it is pretty much redundant as it wont do the handy jobs we brought it for like cleaning the car. It lasts less than 5 minutes on full charge on the max power setting which if the only setting that really picks up anything worthwhile. Now I feel like a real chump every time I look at he elephant in the room, thanks for nothing Mr Dyson - Don't believe the hype people.

Purchased in May 2018.

Product is used: Rarely
Floor Type Wood

Lyn S.

Lyn S.Wheatbelt, WA

Great cleaner and so easy to use

I purchased this cleaner a few weeks ago and just love it. Works really well on carpet and my hard floors and is light weight. Very easy to remove the wand. I hardly use my broom anymore, just reach for my vacuum.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Clementine

Clementine

Cost vs Longevity

Purchased in September 2018 at The Good Guys.

Shanahan

ShanahanVictoria

A complete waste of money

I purchased a Dyson V10 Absolute in December 2018 - I have never written a review before but each time I use the machine I get angry and today decided to vent my anger. The battery barley lasts 20 minutes on middle and low and if you use on high you are lucky to get 5 minutes - I have cats and need to use on high in some rooms to pick up hair so I am constantly having to recharge the unit so a normal house clean takes ages. If not recharging the battery I am cleaning the filter which happens approximately every 3rd use.
To be fair the unit does a good job and is easy to use however if I was aware of the limitations of the machine I would not have spent over $900

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $949.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Suhail Anu

Suhail AnuSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good on carpets but OK on hardwood

The Vaccum cleaner looks stylish and is very light to hold and use it, but it even my four year old little girl picks it and Vaccums.. Just a for fun.. Enjoys...needs regular cleaning... The suction is amazing on carpets but a hit and miss on hardwood floors.... Manuovering is piece of cake

Purchased at Dyson for $799.00.

Amir p.

Amir p.South East Queensland, QLD

Fast accurate and easy to use

Hardwood downstairs and carpet upstairs. It performs great but needs to be on high power for hard surface. It works fine just that it would have been nice if the battery life was bit more.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $729.00.

warptec

warptecSydney, NSW

Keep failing unit.

When I first got this Vacum Cleaner It was doing great, On hard floors is not so good but flick debrie away unless I use full power which I dont want to do, after 3 months when I wanted to use it , It was just making funny noises for a few days then it just stop working. Dyson replaced it but with long wait. After 8 months same thing happened, Just stop working. This is going to be my Third Unit. Next year not sure what to do.

Purchased in February 2017 at Bing Lee for $899.00.

Liam V.

Liam V.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best thing ever

Yes, the price is super high and will leaving you second guessing whether or not to get it, but you have to try it before you think otherwise! Fantastic for doing little jobs around the house! You'll find this product so good, that you'll find yourself cleaning places you never usually clean.

Purchased in July 2019 for $799.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Great for a month and welcome to customer service complaints-

This was an excellent vacuum for a month. I decided that an hour charge was better than the previous Dyson I had.
I purchased the extra warranty at Myers - big mistake
It stopped working
The head doesn’t spin
They asked as to send it in
Worked for a few months
Again
Same problem /. It’s covered under warranty but they don’t replace just fix
Terrible vacuum- don’t buy it

James MSouth East Queensland, QLD

A sticky situation.

Purchased in May 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $999.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet
Dyson Team ..Dyson

Thanks for sharing your unique experience, this isn't something we'd expect to hear and we aren't familiar with the carpet residue issue that you've described.

We'd advised contacting the carpet manufacturer for further assistance.

Day2019

Day2019South East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless on hard floors! Expensive yet still can't effectively vaccum hard floors.

Purchased in June 2018 for $900.00.

Carlo

Carlo

Effective and lightweight.

Purchased in December 2018.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood

MrsDaisyPSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great, but could be improved.

Purchased in July 2018 at Myer for $999.00.

MrsDaisyP

I use the #2 setting for the main sections of floor and rugs, as that seems to work best. Any furniture or soft furnishings get the lowest setting.
Thanks for letting me know about the recycling option. I was not aware of that.

Dbeara M.

Dbeara M.Victoria

Thank you for being invented!

We use the amazing Dyson V10 Absolute+ on tiles, carpets and rugs; with a quick change of the head for optimal cleaning, it quickly changes the room from "oh dear!" to "oh Yeah!". I have a neck injury which limits the time I can vacuum but 15 minute intervals is great and the Dyson is so easy and flexible to use wherever I need to. This version sees the emptying of the dust compartment sooo easy, complete, and quick. The extra suction is a-maz-ing for long hair, pet hair, and fluff/lint. I LOVE this cleaner <3
This Dyson V10 Absolute+ is so awesome even our grown up kids think it's "fun" to use... way to go Dyson! LOL :-)

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer Retail Stores.

Kim

KimCentral, SA

Dyson Obsessed

I have laminate planks, tiles and carpet in our home, so I purchased the absolute Dyson V10! I love all the attachments it comes with, so easy to quickly change them out for each surface you are cleaning at the time! The suction is amazing and I love the size of the barrel!
I’m also very impressed with the battery life in comparison to my old V6!
The stick is light weight and easy to use! I love that it’s cordless so I can spot clean and pick up dust bunnies around the house super fast.

Purchased in August 2018 at Dyson for $999.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Isha

IshaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great idea but an imperfect execution

Purchased in July 2018.

Fimia1

Fimia1Hunter Region, NSW

Convenient for fast clean ups

V10 is super portable and cleans both carpet and tiles easily. Different suction setting allows you to save power when cleaning tiles and can be set on a super powerful setting a deep cleaning of carpet.
Use of different settings determine battery longevity. The v 10 has a longer lasting battery than previous models. Excellent value compared to the current v11. Super happy with my purchase.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Brandon F

Brandon FBrisbane

Long term review

Purchased in April 2018.

Floor Type Wood

Great product, wish I had waited until it was redeveloped

I use this on both carpet and hard floors, and it is brilliant and convenient to use on both. However, every three uses, I have to dismantle it, wash the filter, and let it dry for 24 hours before it can be used again. In my opinion, that is a massive flaw in an otherwise excellent piece of equipment. Additionally it is a little fiddly to dismantle and rebuild, so having to do it so frequently is an annoyance

Purchased in April 2019 for $600.00.

TJCR

TJCRGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Brilliant piece of technology and definitely made vacuuming easier

Purchased in July 2019 at Toby Deals.

Bilton

Biltonasked

Our V10 appears to be working normally but the filter light is constantly illuminated. We have two filters which we alternate ever few weeks. After a filter has been washed it has at least two weeks to dry before it is used again. The filter light illuminates when either clean and dry filter is attached to the V10 head. The V10 is about a year old,

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear the blockage light on your machine is persistently on. Understanding you have washed, dried, and reinstalled the filter, we would kindly encourage you to check your machine for blockages (as outlined here: youtube.com/watch?v=jjOc0Ah-vYE). If this continues, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Ugis

Ugisasked

Hi I cleaned my filter on my dayson V10 absolute and when I put It back on i have 3 blues flashing lights and it wont start...did i done something wrong??thanks

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear about this, we are happy to help.

So we can troubleshoot this and get a resolution for you, we would kindly ask you to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help get this sorted for you.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Tim M

Tim Masked

head won't turn on absolute v10pro. what can i do?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to her about this. We encourage you to clean and reset the head of your machine as outlined here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnEVqJXyTlo

This should get your machine back up and running, however if we can assist further, our team are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

CategoryStick Vacuum Cleaners