MPNs: 226419-01 and 369399-01

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (29) · No (17)
  • Battery Life

Melissa
MelissaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loud, heavy and painful

Purchased in December 2019 for $599.00.

DysonDyson

Doesn't do what it says on the box

Purchased for $399.00.

William
WilliamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Much better than I expected

I have found the Dyson to be superior to other stick vacuums. It set the standard others followed. It is lightweight and therefore much easier to get out, use, and put away than my ducted vacuum. The ducted vacuum worked very well and has performed well for years - but the ease and effectiveness of the Dyson has just about made my ducted vacuum obsolete. I have had no issue with battery or suction. Except when the waste container filled up, or the stick tube became clogged. Solution? Empty the waste often - just like you do with mowers.... as for the blockage - that was not so obvious to find. But I did, it was easy to fix and the suction became great again. Worth the money in my opinion.

Purchased in November 2020 at Myer for $900.00.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

jamsie
jamsie

Dyson Animal 10

I have found that there is Not much Battery life , No I would not spend that much on a Stick Vac anymore . I would only buy a cheaper Stick but there is no match for the Electric Vaccume. They have much better suction also last much longer.

Purchased in June 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,000.00.

AJP
AJPPerth, WA

Worst Vacuum Ever Purchased

We purchased the V10 Animal less than a year ago. The battery quickly lost power and has a maximum runtime of 5 minutes. A complete waste of money and much cheaper vacuums have performed better at a fraction of the cost.

Purchased in December 2019 for $899.00.

Product is usedSeveral times a week
DysonDyson

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Not worth the $$

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $899.00.

DysonDyson

Works great but causing callus on finger

I love dyson products and this is my 4th cordless vacuum! It works amazing however the only issue I have is with holding the power source the entire time I’m vacuuming! I have a large callus on my medial index finger! I wish they would have an on/off button option bc it’s killing my fingers!

Purchased in July 2020 at Lowes Online store.

DysonDyson

Not durable on any level

Purchased in May 2018 at Amazon for $700.00.

Jon L.
Jon L.
Agnes
AgnesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shocking machine, high maintenace, constant blockages.

I have had this Dyson for a year now, and like the previous reviewer, not worth the money. I have a small house and use it once a week, for quite light cleaning (no pets) Every second week I experience the blockage light. I clean the machine, check the filter, pull it apart, which takes ages. I'm spending time cleaning the Dyson and not my house! Lucky I kept my old Hoover otherwise I'd be stuck...Way too much maintenance and like the previous reviewers, struggles to pick up a grain of rice off my kitchen foor..Do not recommend, too high maintenace....

Purchased in April 2019 for $999.00.

L.L
L.LSydney

Powerful, high valumn, high battery capacity

Overall, it is good to use. It is powerful, high valumn, high battery capacity. It would be more easier to use if it could be in lighter weight. And the price is also a bit high.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $685.00.

Weak plastic components

Purchased in October 2018 for $1,000.00.

Bibi
Bibi

more powerful and longer lasting battery

Purchased in December 2019 for $695.00.

Avin S.
Avin S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great little Gadget

It’s a great vacuum cleaner for home and cars.
Surprisingly amazing amount of suction.
There only issue with the low battery life on max power other than that it’s a great hardworking asset for cleaning need

Purchased in October 2019 at Dyson for $400.00.

Cable Lane
Cable Lane

pretty decent but expensive

Bought the animal without doing much reserach and then found out that the fluffy head that comes with the absolute is a game changer. Impossible to track a fluffy head down from dyson or any retailer, had to fish one up out of gumtree. Would be nice if the batteries were removable (dyson have just changed this for the new extra big v11), 7 minutes of runtime on max still arent very good numbers

Lee R.
Lee R.South East Queensland, QLD

Best vacuum

This cordless vacuum is amazing! Great on both carpeted and tiled floors and super easy to empty! It mounts on your wall or in a cupboard so it is nearly stored when not in use!

Purchased in January 2020.

Michèle Gascoigne
Michèle Gascoigneasked
Cyclone V10 Animal

My v10 animal only works when my hand is over the nossel.
I've cleaned the filter, there is no blockage, put a new battery, still won't work. 3 blue lites not flashing.
Help

queglay
queglay

You might want to try buying another 2 filters. If the filter is even slightly damp before use, it will probably have been destroyed because the dust will muddy up inside it.
2 is a good idea for this sub par product so you dont risk using one that might be even borderline damp.

DysonDyson

For best assistance, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger, you can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Pam D.
Pam D.asked
Cyclone V10 Animal

Took the bin off to clean ,now cant reconnect to the motor . Any help?

Rel V
Rel Vasked
Cyclone V10 Animal

I have issues with our Dyson V10 Animal. Not only does it clog easily but it won't vacuum up simple things like granola or popcorn or spilt kitty litter. It spits it out the back and all over the floor. The granola ended up broken up into smaller pieces and spread all over the floor so I used the dustpan and brush to clean it up. $1,000 AU is a lot of money to pay for a vacuum cleaner that won't suck up normal household spills. When the salesperson demonstrated it in the store before we purchased it I noticed that a larger piece of dirt spat out of the back of the head but thought it was just a one off. Unfortunately it is a regular occurrence at home. I am very disappointed with it and won't buy another one. Is there a reason why it does that or as other people have commented is it just a very fussy and doesn't like regular work?

DysonDyson

So we can discuss this further and assist, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com

We will only be happy to assist with this.

See all Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 4 Dyson Cyclone V10