Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal

MPN: 226419-01

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.9

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (21) · No (17)
  • Battery Life

Agnes

AgnesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shocking machine, high maintenace, constant blockages.

I have had this Dyson for a year now, and like the previous reviewer, not worth the money. I have a small house and use it once a week, for quite light cleaning (no pets) Every second week I experience the blockage light. I clean the machine, check the filter, pull it apart, which takes ages. I'm spending time cleaning the Dyson and not my house! Lucky I kept my old Hoover otherwise I'd be stuck...Way too much maintenance and like the previous reviewers, struggles to pick up a grain of rice off my kitchen foor..Do not recommend, too high maintenace....

Purchased in April 2019 for A$999.00.

Product is used Weekly
Floor Type Wood
L.L

L.LSydney

Powerful, high valumn, high battery capacity

Overall, it is good to use. It is powerful, high valumn, high battery capacity. It would be more easier to use if it could be in lighter weight. And the price is also a bit high.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for A$685.00.

Weak plastic components

Purchased in October 2018 for A$1,000.00.

Floor Type Wood

Bibi

Bibi

more powerful and longer lasting battery

Purchased in December 2019 for A$695.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Avin S.

Avin S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great little Gadget

It’s a great vacuum cleaner for home and cars.
Surprisingly amazing amount of suction.
There only issue with the low battery life on max power other than that it’s a great hardworking asset for cleaning need

Purchased in October 2019 at Dyson for A$400.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Aaron.N

Aaron.N

pretty decent but expensive

Bought the animal without doing much reserach and then found out that the fluffy head that comes with the absolute is a game changer. Impossible to track a fluffy head down from dyson or any retailer, had to fish one up out of gumtree. Would be nice if the batteries were removable (dyson have just changed this for the new extra big v11), 7 minutes of runtime on max still arent very good numbers

Lee R.

Lee R.South East Queensland, QLD

Best vacuum

This cordless vacuum is amazing! Great on both carpeted and tiled floors and super easy to empty! It mounts on your wall or in a cupboard so it is nearly stored when not in use!

Purchased in January 2020.

Linda

LindaCentral Queensland, QLD

Filter light

Looks like by reviews I've washed filter dried filter light come on after 5mins tht I get of vacuuming filterlight cums on vaccum stop flat I also hve trouble with drum door opening sticks like crazy makes emptying very hard thn hve to try get out all dust cos it gets stuck up there cn be very enoying I tell ya so far $1099 vaccum wth no go in it at all

Purchased in October 2018 at Noel Leeming for A$1,099.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Shell

ShellDarling Downs, QLD

Dyson is a must have

I have owned Dysons now for over 15 years and I've never had any issues. This model is no exception! It's easy to use, picks up everything and leaves our carpets feeling super clean. I love how Dyson is always innovating their products and still keeps their excellent quality.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for A$679.00.

karen3132

karen3132

Fantastic machine

I thought my floors were clean until I used the Dyson V10 Animal. An easy to use and extremely efficient machine. I’d heard from others how good it is and I certainly haven’t been disappointed. Highly recommended

Joan

Joan

Best Vaccum Cleaner Ever

You will not be disappointec by the Dyson V10 Stick Cleaner. Very powerful and light and easy to use. Good for all floor types.
Throw away your heavy old vaccum cleaner you will never look back especially if you are in your senior years.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Blackie67

Blackie67Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best vac I’ve ever bought

I have a cat and use this on both hard and carpeted floors. It is easy to use and to empty. The variable speed makes for picking up cat hair much easier.

Purchased in February 2018 for A$700.00.

Ajay B.

Ajay B.

Great Machine

We use this machine for tiled and wooden floor, It is a great machine. It picks up tiny dust particles. I am writing this review after using this machine for six months. It's very easy to manoeuvre, kids use this more than we do. Now there are four machines in our friend circle, all are happy. We bought it from JB HiFi.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$699.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Adam

AdamSydney, NSW

Excellent vaccum cleaner, couldn't be happier with my purchase

Have had this vacuum cleaner for over a year now, and I must say I am extremely happy with my purchase. Two story house, top floor is carpet and bottom is tiled. Works great across boths surfaces. Super easy to empty the dust bin and a relatively quick charge. Everything you'd expect for paying the preimum of Dyson. Worth every penny imo.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for A$899.00.

Steve T

Steve TGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wish I bought this sooner!

Purchased in November 2019 at Dyson for A$650.00.

Daniel

DanielSouth East Queensland, QLD

Another awesome product from dyson

Been using this since early July at a school I work at, and it's come in very handy.
Battery life is great, the stuff it picks up is way ahead of the old v7 & v8s we have.

The only negatives are the head wears out too quickly (we are already looking at replacing it after 4 months) and if you use it regularly it rubs on your pinky and pointer finger causing calluses.

Other than those minor issues, I'd definitely recommend it.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$799.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Walker

Walker

Perfect money well spent

Great vacuum and easy to use.
Very powerful.
Money well spent.
Highly recommended for any family with kids and pets too.
Have used many over the years but this is definitely the best so far.

Michael W.

Michael W.South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

Purchased for A$999.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear of your experience and only happy to help.

We trust you have received a reply from us, however if not or we can assist further, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch very shortly to assist.

Janelle R

Janelle RPerth, WA

I love this stick vacuum, no cords or fuss

Purchased in August 2019 at Dyson for A$899.00.

o0omatto0o

o0omatto0oSouthwest, VIC

Great... when they work

Purchased in October 2019 for A$800.00.

Carrie H.asked

Cyclone V10 Animal

I have watched your unblocking post below, but I my blockage light is still remaining on even though there appears to be no blockage is there any thing else you can recommend to try please ?

Cathy M.
Cathy M.

Spent hours trying to get that blockage light off !! Then, I brushed 'blew' and wiped the metal holes piece exposed when the other washable filter was being washed ... Voila !

Carrie H.

Thank you , I now have a working hover!

Rob R.
Rob R.

Well!! I'm in my wife's good books now, all I did was to follow your advice and blow on the metal holey thingy!! Thanks for a great tip!!

Joyce Y.

Joyce Y.asked

Cyclone V10 Animal

The dust cup fills to the full line on one side only. Is it normal that it fills unevenly like this? I empty it when the one side is full as i don't want to overfill it. This vacuum is only two months old

Dyson Team ..Dyson

When dust enters the bin it is spun out of the airflow. At the bottom of the dust bin there is a plastic baffles to catch the dirt/hair/fluff and keep it down. If it wasn’t going to be caught, this debris would keep spinning and negatively affect the performance of the machine.

The way your dust bin fills depends on a number of factors, primarily the type of dust and dirt, and also the speed in which the particles enter the dust bin. If the majority of your debris is smaller, such as dust particles, sand, grit etc, it is more likely to evenly fill the bin bottom to top (think like a glass held unevenly under the tap).

If more carpet fibres, hairs threads etc are sucked through the machine, the fibres can catch onto each other as they spin through the dust bin. The baffle at the bottom will catch them, and they will tend to bundle together and build up and out from the one spot.

We hope this has satisfactorily answered your query today. If we can be of any further assistance or further information is required please email our Dyson Experts on auaskdyson@dyson.com or call us on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST.

Rob

Robasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

Hi I have a problem with the V10 assembly bin handle really stiff to release to point where I feel it’s gonna break , I have cleaned it though , can’t see any damage , but still stiff it get the bin off , any ideas please?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

While it may be slightly stiff when new, we certainly wouldn't expect the bin of your V10 machine to be hard to release.

Please give our helpline a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our Dyson Experts are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives