HEPA, Standard
See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

4.2
    really annoyed
    really annoyedSydney, NSW

great but thanks Dyson - won't keep producing spares!!!

not impressed with dyson discontinuing the supply of spare parts - there is nothing wrong with my vacuum cleaner but I had lots of trouble getting a new head for it and there are no filter replacements available in Australia - poor form I think

also Dyson changes the diameter of the pipes for the differnt models so you can't switch for example heads between vacuum cleaners

to me this isn't great design !!!

Date PurchasedDec 2004
    Julia
    JuliaWorcester Park

Brilliant and 12 years old!

Use daily on hard floors and carpets. Picks up dog hair effortlessly and use it on mattress too. Great HEPA filter aids my allergies. Bulky but worth it. Still going strong after 12 years. Have it serviced yearly and no need to consider replacing it! Worth every penny all those years ago.

Derek
    Derek

Useless on carpet

Shakka
    Shakka
    grump
    grumpTasmania, 7250

Fantastic vac, but not without fault

abbott
    abbottAU

OK

Rover177
    Rover177

Excellent vacuum cleaner. Three years now and no problems at all. Would recommend Dyson to anyone. Wash the filters when due for optimum results.
    Beauty. First use was after carpet had just been professionally cleaned; amazing what came out. Spouse has breathing problems; most carpets now gone. On the wooden floors, rendered walls, brickwork and gip-rock, does an excellent job. Cleaned a house I was house-sitting - carpet looked clean but we ended up with several dust bag empties. House owner came back and remarked how clean everything looked.
    Just the price but over the years this will seem low.

tony_meszaros
    tony_meszaros

Good

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
    Clara V.15 Nov 2021
    smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
    The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
    the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020

Clara V.
    Clara V.7 Dec 2021
    Rooni
    RooniAU

All_Members
    All_Members

Great machine, best thing by far is Dyson's service. I had a small part snap on mine, phoned them expecting they would try to tell me it wasn't covered by the warranty - the lady I spoke to was wonderful! Posted me a replacement part, no problems. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another Dyson, but wait for a sale, RRP is a bit too expensive.
    Bagless, easy to empty, compact.
    Telescopic pole can be difficult to lock in, but there is a knack to it.

colpapas
    colpapas

highly recommended - best I have ever owned. If you have a pet its a godsend. Yes it gets up cat hair! Better yet, cleaning it is easy. No filters means no fuss and no continuous expenditure for upkeep.
    brilliant all round.....performs wonderfully....easy to carry and move around as it is lightweight and well-designed to get in and around and under everything.
    I worry that it's plastic parts may not hold up over time, but we will wait and see - time will tell.

Flintstones
    Flintstones

Great machine, would never buy anything else. My mother tried it once and has now bought one for herself, it even got my dad vacuuming! He couldn't believe how dirty his floors were.
    It was recommended by a friend and it's the best recommendation I've ever had!
    Suction is fantastic and it does a great job cleaning.
    Nothing except it is a little heavy and a bit pricey but worth it.

hoppy69
    hoppy69

OK

Not a bad machine. Mainly bought it for the HEPA filter and the bagless ease of use and I am more than happy with it for this aspect
    Awesome suction. Like the on board tools. Dont get hayfever and sneezing when I use it like other machines. Great for emptying the dust out
    very heavy. takes forever to packup. The turbo head keeps switching off when used on long carpet. A little concerned that choice magazine said it scratches floors but I dont have wooden floors so it doesnt bother me

Good

I have this exact model at home and it makes housework a pleasure.
    Its easy to move around chairs and objects. Has good suction on all sorts of carpets. Funky colours and shape.

jarcel
    jarcel

A great unit, I purchased as a work horse when I was renovating. It did a great job and never missed a beat. It can clog if your doing heavy reno's but it does come apart and you can clean out where things get stuck.

One of our better buys - especially since I'm allergic to dust.
    good suction, easy to use and has all the attachments located easily on the pipe. Head works well up the walls, across the floors and any where you want to go.
    HEPA filter
    Attachments on the hose rub into your legs and gets annoying.

newpat78
    newpat78

I am so pleased with my Dyson. It has been one of my best puchases ever. i recommend Dyson Vacuum cleaners to everyone.
    It never ever loses suction. It looks stylish, comes in great colours. Not to heavy.
    Even when using less suction it's still very difficult to vacuum rugs.

Sue C.
    Sue C.asked
    DC11

Can I still buy motorhead for these vacuums?

Hi Sue,

Thank you for your query, we are happy to help.

We do apologise for any disappointment, however while we have supported the DC11 since it's launch in 2003, we need to let you know Dyson are no longer able to provide spare parts and service for the DC11.

That being said, at time of writing, we do have an upgrade offer available for DC11 owners. If you would like more information or have any queries, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and the serial number of your machine.

Best wishes,

Shan

BarneyB
    BarneyBasked
    DC11 HEPA

DO u still have the DC11, would u sell it for parts?

nannyham
    nannyhamasked
    DC11 HEPA

How do you remove the bagless compartment to clean it?

Hi Nannyham,

Thanks for your question.

There are 3 red release catches located around the handle of the cyclone canister which release, open and remove the bin compartment. If you need further assistance locating this buttons, please refer to your product manual or contact our helpline on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm.

Best wishes, Taryn
    Facebook.com/Dyson

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare both Dyson DC11