Dyson DC21 Motorhead

Dyson DC21 Motorhead

See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

Shaz
    Shaz

Had them all, but this is the one if you own pets!!!!!

Love this vacuum!! Ive had all sorts and even the new model Dyson but keep going back to this model!! The motor-head on the DC21 beats the new model hands down!! I have pets and need good pickup and this model does it!!! If you need to get into small places then change the tool, don't be lazy ha ha. Read so many reviews where they complain about size of head. DC21 for life!!

pollycat
    pollycatVIC, 3564

Awesome suction

This is an excellent vacuum cleaner with terrific suction & HEPA filters that don't need replacing. It is an ideal vacuum for asthmatics, easily maneuverability & comes with a variety of different heads so there is always one handy for the job you need it for. The filter never needs replacing just a light wash every 6 months & in case your forgetful you can choose for Dyson to send you an email to remind you! Can't beat that!
    Suction that never fades
    Can be slightly awkward in small spaces

I was weighing up between the wertheim 6030 and the dyson. Although I beleive the wertheim was a better performer in dirt removal from carpet, it was on the provision that the vacuum was new, and with a new bag. I could not go past the consistent performance of the dyson. I also could not go past the reliability of the dysons compared to the wertheims (based on previous reviews). For ongoing performance and reliability I chosen the dyson and am happy with this decision.
    Hard to go past the quality and effectiveness of this vacuum cleaner, and the reputation of the company.
    Nothing to date (2 months after purchase)

stace01
    stace01

A fantastic vacuum cleaner, it has preformed consistently well over the past year that I have owned it. The power head is fantastic, and you can pull it appart to clean anything that may have wrapped around the brushes. I am amazed when I vacuum what looks like a clean floor and still get a lot of dirt in the barel. The barel is easy to take off and put back on the vacuum with on hand, and easy to empty. The filters do not need replacing - just a wash every 6 months. After having 2 lemon vacuums I am very happy with my Dyson D21.
    Great suction and fantastic dirt pick up, easy to0 empty the barrel.
    The end on the extendable wand is quite wide and does not fit in small spaces.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson DC21 Motorhead compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Bigmonster
    BigmonsterSouth East Queensland, QLD

I was introduced by friends who used Dyson and thought to give it a tried. Although the price is higher than some ordinary vacuum. It is so far the best vacuum I have ever used. Ordinary vacuum often use bag which clog the airflow and therefore lost suction. Dyson DC21 uses its Radix Cyclone techonology which no bag is required and no more restriction on the airflow and never lost suction. It has deeper clean than ordinary vacuum and you do not have to spend extra money on buying those vacuum bags. It is easy for storage with its design.
    It is a reliable product and defintely worth the money.

Terrible

After purchasing the dyson I found my daughter asthma had got worst, on investigation I found the dyson leaked fine dust.I have resently purchased a wertheim6030 and found no leakage problem also found it had a better clean than the dyson.My choice has to go to the wertheim hands down

lose of suction dust leakage not good for my daughters asthma filters are un available for purchase

ceejay8
    ceejay8

I have had this for two years and used it once/twice a week during that period with a long haired indoor cat. It has never missed a beat. It got treated badly the one time we lent it to friends to try (they didn't empty it until it lost suction, pet hair all the way up the tube!!!) once I had emptied it the suction was perfect again and continued to work beautifully. Would highly recommend this to anyone with an indoor pet.
    Never had loss of suction, have a long haired cat and it is the only vacuum that has picked up all her hair with out any problems. Storage is very compact. Easy to empty. Easy to clean filters.
    Motorhead is very wide so bit hard to get into small spaces.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
    Clara V.15 Nov 2021
    smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
    The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
    the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
    How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.

saintastic
    saintastic

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson DC21 Motorhead compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

I wanted to see how good my vacuum was so I vacuumed with my old one and then used the dyson and I filled up the dyson bin, which made me feel very good about my purchase! It was so full of dirt! I am so happy with the vacuum! It looks good too haha. No regrets at all! And I love that I dont have to replace anything on it!
    awesome suction and the motorised head is so good. Very compact to store away and easy to put away! So easy to steer the vacuum head around corners and furniture especially when you are pregnant! I love how easy it is to steer.
    It is a bit heavy and the actual unit isnt so easy pull along because the hose comes out of the side of the unit, especially compared to how good the vacuum head steers it is a bit of a bummer.

imogenreed
    imogenreed

This is the best invention ever. I am soooooooooo happy with it. A bit expansive but worth it. It comes with two attachments so it's worth purchasing the car kit attachments. If you buy it, you won't regret it. 10 out of ten.
    Excellent pet hair pick up

Ronak S.
    Ronak S.asked

Do you by any chance have the Hose and Wand as a separate entity for me to purchase?

Dyson
    DysonDyson

Hi Ronak, thank you for your question.

Apologies however as this is a retired machine stock of parts are limited and this may not be available to order. Should this be the case we would offer a discount to purchase a new machine.

To check on stock levels and to learn more about the offer we would kindly ask that you please reach out to our helpline via phone, live chat or email through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us and one of our experts will be able to guide you in the right direction.

Ros T
    Ros Tasked

Will the Dyson DC23 telescopic wand and hose fit a DC21 Motorhead?

I have bought a new DC21 Motorhead, but I think there is a brokem/faulty wire in the wand/hose. My dyson itself still works with great suction, just not connected to the Motrhead

Dyson
    DysonDyson

We do apologise for any disappointment, however the hose and wand for a DC23 is a different part to that of a DC21.

For best assistance we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com. We will be happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

CategoryBarrel Vacuum Cleaners