Dyson Ball Animal DC65

Dyson Ball Animal DC65

MPN: 20627301

A poor performer

Used on tiles and low pile carpet. Suction was ok on tiles but never reached the pre sale hype for picking up dog hair (Staffy breed - fine short hair). Some parts didn't function periodically even though unit was regularly cleaned and maintained until its untimely demise. Not considered value for money given initial cost, ongoing performance and life span of the unit.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Hi Graeme, Thank you for reviewing your machine. I am sorry to hear you had trouble with your machine didn't pick up pet hair as you would have expected and is no longer working. We are happy to help. Please forward your review and details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist. We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting. Best wishes, Shan

Great Vacuum

I use this on wool hypo allergenic carpet and lino flooring.
The vacuum performs excellently. It's easy to use, not too heavy to roll around, very easy to maneuver around edges and small spaces.
It really makes the wool carpet come up like brand new carpet after vacuuming.
Excellent for pet hair also.
I am really pleased with this vacuume.
Having previously used other animal vacuumes this is no comparison.
I was sick of spending $300 on a pet vacuumes for it to break within 6months or not be good for pet hair.
The nossle on this machine is good as hair and derbis doesn't get caught in it, it all goes straight to the barrel. The suction is incredible, it's amazing what it brings out of the floors and carpets.
The latches and components are strong and the attachments are easy to change over with the red release buttons.
Really pleased that this works amazing.
I love vacuuming now.
The money spent really produced a quality product this time.
Fits away for storage well also. No bulky hoses shoved anywhere.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Actually helps alot with pet hair

We were hesistant to buy a dyson at first. But happy we did in the end as this machine is definitely better than our old miele vacuum. The price is a bit steep. But overall we are happy and dont have to change bags which is good. Comfortable to operate and not too noisy.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Unusable on plush carpets

Machine works OK on short pile carpet and hard floors but is unusable on plush carpets. It will actually lift the carpet and stick to it, rather than travel over the surface. I sent the unit back to Dyson who serviced it with only minor (and not sufficient) improvement. After its return to me, I advised Dyson that it remained a significant problem, could not be used by several members of the household and in my view its use actually created a risk of injury. I asked for advice on anything I could do to make it useable. Their advice was "we don't have anything else we are able to advise for the Cleanerhead to be easily used on your particular carpet" but no offer of refund or exchange on a vacuum cleaner that might actually be useable - Dyson or other. I have been making do with an old Dyson stick vacuum but this has died - my new Dyson is barely used but will have to be replaced.

This vacuum cleaner should not be sold without a warning that it is unusable on plush carpets.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

I will never buy Dyson again!

A total waste of money! Before owning this vacuum My last 2 vacuums were Dyson, I loved them both. This one the quality has gone down hill, it's overall very cheaply made with inferior parts. It too hard to click it into place to make it stand up so it's constantly falling over. It doesn't suck properly even after constantly cleaning the filters. The tool attachment are very poor quality. Sadly I will never buy another Dyson product again the quality is not like their earlier models and there are lot better products now on the market for a lot better price.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your machine. We would encourage you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help and discuss your concerns. We hope to hear from you and look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Shan

great machine spoilt by short brush life

95% of use is on short pile carpet, the rest is on tiles. The unit works very well on both carpet and flat surfaces BUT the brush life is very short. We have had 3 brush replacements under warranty in 2 years. The unit replaced a Dyson DC 14 which we used for 7 years and this had only one brush replacement (although it was due for a brush replacement when we retired it. Both units have been used by the same operators on the same surfaces. Another issue we have had with the DC 65 was that the internal head hose disintegrated, probably due to the fact that our carpet tends to pick up beach sand, but this issue did not arise with the DC 14. Unfortunately the handle has broken due to misuse so we have had to retire this unit as well after 2 years use.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi there, I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing difficulties with your Dyson DC65. We wouldn't expect the brush to wear this quickly at all. We would kindly ask for you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

My perfect vacuum cleaner

I use my Dyson ball vacuum on my loungeroom an hall way which are wooden floors, as well as in my kitchen which is vinyl, i also have tiled floors in my bathroom an laundry. An carpet in all 3 bedrooms.. this vacuum is my best friend, it is light easy to move an picks up everything. I would HIGHLY recommend this product... VERY VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER....

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Heavy , hose attachment difficult to use and my wrist swells because it’s heavy

I bought this for pet hair on carpet and tiles and the machine is heavy to manoeuvre and my wrist swell with arthritis every time I use. The machine won’t fit under beds and the hose attachment is hard to use and the machine topples over. Horrible vac expensive also

Date PurchasedJun 2018
This was actually purchased from Hervey Norman not the good guys. Dyson you should refund my money do I can get a proper vacuum cleaner . Very angry very frustratedHi there, Thank you for reviewing your machine. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Dyson Ball Animal. Should you wish to request a refund for your machine, we would encourage you to contact the store of purchase as they hold your contract of sale. Should you wish to discuss your concerns further however, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we are happy to help. Best wishes, ShanWell Shan If you can contact Hervey Norman Oxley and let them know I’m coming in and to exchange the machine to a lighter weight stick or Dyson robot I would be happy to do that. But as soon as I go in with a machine that’s now 7 months old and I only have the sale on my credit card statement, what do you think they will say?? Let’s put Dysons customer service standard to the test.. you give Hervey Norman a credit and I get a machine I can use!!!! Is Dysons customer service all smoke and mirrors or do you guys really care? Bruce

Big bulky but does the job

This is a good vacuum cleaner and when we first got it we were really impressed. Since living with it for 5 years though it has become slightly annoying. The chord at the back that the accessories plug into is not the most functional. And the weight of the machine are it’s only down falls

Date PurchasedJun 2013

Expensive but works well

It is eye-catching to look at based on the design. Not as loud as other vacuum cleaners. However, very hard to use if you're used to the standard vacuum cleaners. Took us a bit of time to efficiently use it. A little heavy but it's not a major issue. Been using this for almost a year. I'm not extremely impressed. It's too expensive for the function it offers.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

6 / 10

Bought this just over a year ago. We still use it and are happy but it just really isnt what we expected from a very expensive brand like Dyson.

As others have mentioned it is huge, bulky, heavy and has WAY too much power to the point that it actually makes vacuuming harder rather than easier.

It has reached the point where only I use the vacuum cleaner (as a male). I told my wife not to use it (she is prone to headaches from sore shoulders and neck, usually caused by bad posture at work). Every time she would use it she would complain about sore shoulders and wrists.

The power in the machine makes it grip to the carpet. This forces you to really use your wrist and even I feel sore if I do the whole house (including hallway and living room id say about 5 standard bedrooms worth). I generally do it over 2 stints.

Other than that we are happy. But it just leaves a stain on the Dyson brand.

I would look at another Dyson if I had the chance again

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Flexible, but some durability concerns.

This vacuum cleaner is flexible, powerful and relatively easy to disassemble and clean. However, the handle is prone to bending with ordinary use and we have already had to get it fixed once under warranty. It just doesn't feel as sturdy as the last Dyson we had, which is a shame.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Nice vacuum cleaner after correction of rubber skirt

I found my Dyson Animal sucked too hard. After checking out the carriage on the bottom of the appliance I found the rubber skirt at the front had tucked under a couple of tabs that are part of the plastic moulding on the either end of the base. This had been causing the carriage to press on the carpet, thus sucking too hard. On releasing the rubber I found the suction to be perfectly okay,

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Wish to God i'd read the reviews first

Having had a previous Dyson and a hand held Dyson (both of which I loved) i would probably have thought they are so wrong BUT no they aren't. This so called engineering wonder is the biggest load of rubbish i have ever purchased. The design is so heavy on the wrists & shoulders that I find it difficult to use. As the other reviews state the hose is close to impossible to hold out of the machine during use. My main problem with this machine is that after 12 months the brushbar had lost most of its "few" bristles, claimed on warrantry and luckily my husband figured out how to replace same as they were sent in the mail. Now 10mths later a third are missing again. My house has 4 rooms of carpet and only 2 people live here. I don't use it on hard floors. The vacuum is not fit for it's purpose - cleaning carpets! I have tried to contact customer care but thats another joke. 20 minutes on hold then cut off. I then emailed them to see if it had been recalled as its obviously faulty. They phoned back but hung up before i could answer, so i tried to phone them back but with no one answered, i tried to text them back nil. I feel maybe consumer protection for such a faulty product may be the way to go as their customer care is non existent.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Hi Maureen, Thanks for your review, and we apologise for any frustration for the you have experienced in getting through to our Customer Care team. To discuss this further with us, and so we can assist you, please email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, a description of the issue and the machine's serial number. This is different from our advertised email address and we will be in touch as soon as possible after receiving contact from you. Best wishes, Mira

Great on carpet but

Just changed from the big ball floor model over to an upright, still has that amazing dyson quality build and cleaning power, when using the upright on carpet you will be amazed by the amount of dirt pulled up from what appears to be already clean carpet but the hard floor is not as great, would have to say the floor model works better on tiled floor.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Perfect

The vacuum is easy for me to use as i have one leg andnstruggle dragging something. Its small enough to locknaway and not be to bulky to store.

The power is good enough to pull all dirt out
I have hard floors and carpet so works awsowme

Its not to loud either

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Worst money I’ve ever spent!

The very first time I decide to buy an expensive vacuume with a good brand name and it completely failed my expectations!... the first couple weeks of using it was good, after that it was horrible. It sucked up something that was a little big and it go caught in a tiny little hose at the back and the whole machine broke down. I had to call Dyson for them to give me step by step instructions of getting this little piece of plastic out. It wasn’t easy. To clean the head isn’t easy. To clean the tubes isn’t easy. It is huge and bulky and doesn’t fit under some beds and furniture. I’ve only had this for less than a year and it’s now broken, it won’t suck anything up even though I’ve cleaned the head, the hoses and everything! Called Dyson and there was nothing the could do I am so disappointed in this product and won’t be spending a huge amount of money ever again.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Megan, Thanks for your review and we are sorry to hear about this. Please be assured the issue can be fixed, please use the following videos to guide you in checking your machine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAU8t1iQORs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J3Ej7GRBdQ If that does not resolve the issue, please email our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, the machine's serial number and a description of the issue and we will be happy to help you further. Best wishes, Mira www.facebook.com/dyson

Little wheels on bottom of head block up after 1 usethis causes the head to leave drag marks on inal

Wheels on head block up with dog hair after 1 use and won’t turn dc65 animal vac
Customer service stated that I haven’t maintained the vac correctly and that I must pick out the hair with tweezers after each thus takes 1/2 hour
Terrible design rude customer service staff terrible design a waste of $800 great suction though but useless on pet hair

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Hi Sue, Sorry to hear about this. Please check the whole machine for obstructions as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLnH--ca1YA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J3Ej7GRBdQ If that does not resolve the issue please email our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, a description of the issue and the machine's serial number and we will be happy to help. Best wishes, Mira www.facebook.com/dysonThe machine is currently in your service centre instructed by then that I have not maintained the machine properly Told that after every use I must use tweezers to remove hair from around the little wheels that assist head to glide across the floor New head purchased was used for 2 weeks and wheels blocked with hair not the brush bar that is easy to clear To remove hair from little wheels take 15 mins after each use Not much of an animal hair vac if that type of maintenance is required Staff told me I had purchased the wrong cleaner for someone who has a long haired dog $800 seems a huge price for a machine that has to be maintained in such a manner Staff very combative and unhelpful we wanted a different head fitted told that couldn’t be done quoted $150 to put new filters and a new head on bear in mind the current head I paid for only used for 2 weeks Very disappointed thought maybe techs could adjust the head in some way so this didn’t occur Suction on vac exceptional but when wheels jam so easily and leave track marks on viable floor when the machine dc65 is marketed as animal hair vacHi Sueb, I am sorry to hear about this. Please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to look into this further and assist. Best wishes, Shan Facebook.com/Dyson

We had high expectations with Dyson but not after purchasing this vacuum cleaner!

We purchased this vacuum cleaner about 1 year ago and after using it for 2 months its exterior started to fall apart! We took it back to the good guys and they didn't help us and told us to contact Dyson. After being on the phone with several people, they agreed on replacing the vacuum cleaner for us. We had to send it back to them with the original box. After few weeks we recieved our own vacuum cleaner without its original box!

Not only they failed to give us a replacement but they also didn't send us the box! When we complained to them they said the vacuum was in perfect condition and they just had to glue back the parts that basically fell apart. I found this quite rediculous for an $800+ vacuum cleaner!

We were so disappointed at the way Dyson handled this situation and with their poor customer service. Never again I will buy a product from them or recommend them to anyone I know.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

NEVER AGAIN

We had a DC04 for many years and it was an amazing machine, would have another one if they still made them, but it finally lost it's suck and wasn't worth repairing. SO bought a DC65. The suction is phenomenal, so much so that it is literally a pain - to the legs and ankles. It must have a complex of some sort as it won't leave you alone - the clear hose just won't lengthen and it pulls the machine towards you so fast it you can't often catch it. I try to secure it behind something like a chair to prevent this but can't always. I have had this machine over nearly 3 years now - well long enough for the clear tubing to give a little and it hasn't - and I generally don't use it because it is so difficult to use, very heavy, awkward to turn in small areas, to the degree that I pick it up to do so; it won't go under chairs, beds etc, too big . Like some other reviews, I find it doesn't do into corners, doesn't suck up stuff on vinyl or floorboards, Unless you are VERY careful you miss the second click to hold the machine in the upright position and it falls over - I have broken the handle, had to get it repaired. I have sent this to the repairer in Auckland and it came back - nothing wrong. I HATE it with a passion and it sits upstairs in the cupboard unless I want the carpeted bits of our house really suctioned within an inch of their lives.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Hi there, Thank you for reviewing your machine. We'd like to discuss this further. Could you please reach out to our team in NZ directly at nzcustomercare@dyson.com and one of our experts will be in touch as soon as possible to assist. Best wishes, Samuel Facebook.com/Dyson

Hi Dyson users My DC65 sucks vigorously through the top of the handle, but not at all through the base in any position. Very confusing! Is there a switch or button or setting I am missing??
Hi Greg, Thank you for your query. Sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with your Dyson DC65, we are happy to help. The DC65 automatically diverts suction between the hose and the main cleaner head automatically. If this isn't happening, we would encourage removing the hose and checking the changeover valve as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akhJr3Yjk70 This should help get your machine running as normal, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to assist. Best wishes, Shan

My DC65 has become extremely difficult to push on our carpeted as well as the beater bar will quit operating if you stop to move a chair. We have had this unit for couple of years and have been very happy with the unit until now. About 6 months ago I replaced all the filters as well as cleaned the unit in great detail. It is almost as if there is to much suction. What is going on?
Hi Skip, Thank you for your query. Sorry to hear your Dyson DC65 is hard to push and the brushbar is stopping. Neither of these are to be expected. We would kindly ask for you to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com. We will be more than happy to assist and get your machine running as it should. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Shan

My dyson animal is doing the same thing where you pull the hose out completely and it wants to retract. I have to use one hand to pull, one foot to hold the dyson in place while I am pulling the hose and the other hand to clean. It has nothing to do with the wand. Is there some way to pull the hose out and get it to like click in where it will not retract on its own? OMG what a pain this thing is ! sorry I paid $600 for it.
Hi Mark, Thank you for your query. Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the hose on your machine. While we anticipate your hose will be taut at first, it will loosen up over time. We encourage to having one person hold the machine in place while a second individual stretches the hose to its full length to help loosen the hose. You can also store the machine temporarily with the hose stretched around the machine. Be assured, this will stretch with time. If we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to further assist. Best wishes, Shan

Ball Animal DC65