Dyson Small Ball

Dyson Small Ball

Multi Floor, Allergy

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

3.3

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (11) · No (8)
CLSYD

CLSYDSydney

Does not work on rugs

I bought this product almost two years ago. I lived in an place with wooden floors and one carpeted room. It worked fine on the hard floors. On the carpet it was a little difficult to drag across. I was not impressed with the product but since it was expensive I did not want to replace it.

I moved and now I have rugs, both short and long pile. The vacuum does not work on the rugs it gets stuck and picks up hardly any dirt. To top it off the brush head broke short of two years use. Dyson will replace the broken part.

I will try and sell this vacuum to go back to Nilfisk, a product that worked very well for many years on any floor. This product is not worth a quarter of the price it is sold for.

Purchased in September 2018 at Bing Lee for A$450.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
D W.

D W.

It’s good...but

Excellent suction. A few minor things stick out such as it’s heavy to lug around and does not vacuum things like bath mats and throw rugs. Excellent for hair and dust but not so good for crumbs and small debris as it tends to spit it out. Overall I am pretty happy but I don’t think I would get by if this was my only vacuum and I didn’t have a cordless as well

Purchased in July 2019 at Kogan.com for A$399.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Cleans well; short life; expensive

Purchased July 2017 and now not working - effective but a lot of money for only 2.5 years. Support great but feel like I'm throwing good money after bad for repairs. I'm feeling cheated by the short lifespan. I would expect a lifespan of 5-10 years from a company that bills itself as innovative designers.

Purchased in July 2017 for A$599.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your Dyson Small Ball machine.

If you haven't already done so, we would kindly ask you to reach out to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will only be happy to help.

Che

CheGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Was so excited to buy my first Dyson, but it was a huge disappointment

Purchased in December 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$400.00.

Product is used Rarely
Goold Solicitors

Goold SolicitorsSydney, NSW

Great

Carpet and Floor, Super Strong, Light, Long Cord, Easy to Manoeuvre and Great Value For Money
Bit hard to assemble but after that its smooth vacuum when ever I use it

Purchased in January 2020 at Bing Lee Online store for A$399.00.

Product is used Daily
Floor Type Carpet and Wood
AndrewSmith

AndrewSmithAdelaide

Works really well on carpet

Really good for carpets and corners. Easy to use and empty. We have terracotta tiles and it doesn't suck everything up, and still need to sweep afterwards. Still would recommend.

Stephan T.

Stephan T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome

Prior to this, I would typically purchase cheap vacuums from places like Target or Kmart - now that I have the Dyson I really notice the difference. Excellent machine. The only negative would be that it can be hard to maneuver at times.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys.

Angela

Angela

dissapointing and a waste of money

Purchased in March 2019.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
happyrabbit

happyrabbit

Product is just "so so" BUT aftercare Services are GOOD

Purchased in October 2016.

Product is used Daily
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Dmb

DmbSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cumbersome

Bought Dyson upright light ball as disappointed with suction on the cordless Dyson models
This a great vacuum cleaner for open areas of flooring but quite heavy to use
It is impossible to get the cleaner into small areas
The attachments are very cumbersome to use
The attachments that come with the cleaner are not really suitable for getting under beds and furniture

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for A$399.00.

Alex

AlexDarwin

Bought a Dyson Small Ball Vaccum - Overly hyped and poor performance.

Purchased in June 2019.

Floor Type Tiles

ShanoPerth, WA

And a half star more.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Binaya

BinayaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Roller Brush does not work while vacumming rugs

This Vacuum cleaner has very good suction, light weight, long wire. I wish dust collection box would have been bigger to accomodate mores dust.

My main concern is I can't use it to my rugs, roller brush keeps on stopping even putting the slide in minimum suction mode. It also requires elephant power to move this vacuum on the rug. I would like to return and get refund for this product because it is not useful since I cannot vacuum my rugs.

Dyson customer service, I have video taken in my mobile, please let me know your email address if you would like to look into it.

Purchased in June 2019.

Noeleneg

NoelenegGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent should have bought one years ago

Carpet and tile floors. Works like a dream I highly recomment it.
Best I have used ever.
Love it as it is easy to manuvour around furniture etc. Good for pet hair as well

Purchased in October 2019 at Big W for A$399.00.

mark

markSouth East Queensland, QLD

very good make life Easy

lino carpet very good at cleaning had many vaxs vacums no good so the next one i bought was dyson smallball up right had dyson longtime ago and that was and upright and that was very good to when i wore it out i thought i by a godfreey vac no good so whent back and bougt a dyson

Purchased in June 2016 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$499.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Mervat

MervatSydney, NSW

Major problem in machine parts

Purchased in September 2017 at Bing lee for A$400.00.

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

Purchased on sale: overall satisfied

I was lucky enough to get the small ball allergy on sale at harvey norman.
For the purchase price i am very happy.
It works amazingly well on carpets - especially with dog hair.
However, while effective on the floor boards it can be frustrating as it blows dog hair all over the place.
That could be user error though. Im still figuring it out.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$399.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood

MaritzaRichmond-Tweed, NSW

If only I’d known, wish I could have had a trial run.

My last upright Dyson lasted over ten years. Am so disappointed in this one. The suction is so great that it is hard to push on some carpets, I have to use both arms as it feels like pushing a mower on wet grass. One good point is the long cord.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bi-Rite Home Appliances for A$599.00.

Maritza

Thanks for your prompt reply. My mobile [Number Removed]. Any suggestions would be welcome. Maritza

Hi Maritza,

So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to email your details, along with the serial number of your machine, to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Once received, our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Shelly

ShellyAdelaide

If you’ve got a dog, you’ve gotta get a Dyson!

My old vacuum was not picking up all the dog hair. Having 2 border collies I needed something more powerful. I brought the Dyson pet ball vacuum and was blown away with the results! I had no idea how much hair was actually in my carpet! I’ll never change brands because this works. I love it.

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$549.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Tanya

TanyaSydney, NSW

Not easy to empty

This is my second Dyson, but first upright. Whilst the suction hardwood floors is adequate, I most often find the debris being blown away rather than sucked up. As for cleaning the barrel, I love that the Dyson youtube tutorial shows how simple it works when emptying the barrel of rice. Of course, rice is heavy and will naturally fall out. Even when the barrel has only 1 days' worth of carpet fluff and other debris, I have to get my hands in to pull it out. This sends dust into the air and I end up with it on the floor, all over my clothes, and in my lungs. I wouldn't buy this model if you think it's going to be easy to empty.

Purchased in July 2016.

Dale Kent

Dale Kentasked

Small Ball

My Dyson is less than 12 months old but I cannot get it to pick the dirt up on my tiles and it will not stand on its own don’t know. Why it will not click into place

Shano

As u are covered under warranty I would suggest contacting Dyson or taking to place of purchase. Warranty is 2 years. It can be replaced if faulty. With tiles (grouted) its best to slide to max, on front. It drops a small skirt to improve suction.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

If your machine isn't standing up and not picking up debris, this can often indicate a blockage within the machine.

We encourage running through the checkpoints shown in the videos below:

These should help, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to assist further.

Suzie A

Suzie Aasked

Small Ball

I have a small ball and the brush has been replaced twice and the bristles have again been falling out. I now have a tear in the flexible hose so my machine has lost suction. After paying nearly $600 on the 6.8.2016 it is now out of warranty and I don't see this as very good value for the price I paid. I previously owned an upright Dyson without the ball technology and it was far superior in performance and longevity. Do I now have to purchase new parts or move to another brand of vacuum?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear about this. Every time a Dyson owner contacts us, we assess each issue case by case and will be happy to help.

Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Vicki burke

Vicki burkeasked

Small Ball

The concertina hose is so stiff and tight, I can hardly use the attachments as the hose won't stay extended and just pulls the vacuum cleaner over. This is my first Dyson, don't think I will buy Dyson again. This machine is very stiff and hard to manoeuvre...I'm so disappointed in it.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Thank you for your query. At first, the hose of your machine may be tight, however it will loosen over time. To expedite this, we recommend one person holds the machine (while on) in place while a second individual stretches the hose to its full length to help loosen the hose.

If we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives