Dyson Small Ball Multi Floor

Dyson Small Ball Multi Floor

MPN: 36427915

If only I’d known, wish I could have had a trial run.

My last upright Dyson lasted over ten years. Am so disappointed in this one. The suction is so great that it is hard to push on some carpets, I have to use both arms as it feels like pushing a mower on wet grass. One good point is the long cord.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bi-Rite Electrical for $599.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Hi Maritza, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you are having trouble pushing your machine, we ar ehappy to help get this sorted. So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details. Our Dyson Experts will then be in touch and happy to help get this sorted. We look forward to hearing from you.Thanks for your prompt reply. My mobile [Number Removed]. Any suggestions would be welcome. MaritzaHi Maritza, So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to email your details, along with the serial number of your machine, to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Once received, our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

If you’ve got a dog, you’ve gotta get a Dyson!

My old vacuum was not picking up all the dog hair. Having 2 border collies I needed something more powerful. I brought the Dyson pet ball vacuum and was blown away with the results! I had no idea how much hair was actually in my carpet! I’ll never change brands because this works. I love it.

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman for $549.00.

Noise Level
Product is used: Several times a week
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Worst vacuum I have owned.

Bought this item due to the good reputation of Dyson, and was sorely disappointed.

The feel of the vacuum cleaner is best described as awkward and stiff.
The suction was surprisingly poor.
The craftsmanship felt cheap and plastic- parts were awkward to re-attach and felt very flimsy.

This is just my opinion, but I was very disappointed!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Highly Recommend

The suction on this small model is amazing, and I like how you can slide it to maximum suction on occasions when needed. Very easy to manoeuvre. The cleaning bin can be fully removed from any inner parts, allowing the bin to be completely cleaned, then just clicks back into place.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Product great. Customer service terrible.

So our small ball has worked like a horse without issue for two days shy of two years. Then part of the plastic skeleton snapped and luckily we had two days left of warranty to organise a repair (talk about lucky). Organising this repair has been insanely tedious however and we are still in the process. At least 5 phone calls of trying to explain the broken part (it doesn't fall under A, B, C, or D etc of the manual), being told to expect an email or call back and never getting it. Finally yesterday someone figured out they had the wrong model registered, and said to expect a shipping label via email. As always, we've received nothing and will have to call up AGAIN. It's been about two weeks since the vacuum broke, and owning three cats you can imagine how much we are needing this vacuum fixed. This isn't the kind of customer service you expect from a $599 product.

Do not rely on Dyson to ever get back to you, because so far it's all been us following up with them. What a shame given the vacuum itself is very efficient. No complaints about it at all really.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Michael and Leanne, Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear of your experience. This certainly isn't the experience we would expect and would value the opportunity to assist. Could you please kindly forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch shortly. Best wishes, Shan

Great vacuum, strange unergonomic design for the handheld extension.

The vacuum strength is fantastic, the filter only needs to be washed occasionally with warm water and dries quickly. it's completely bagless which is fantastic and the machine runs perfectly, fitting into the crevices well for an upright vacuum. The only down side is the red handle that at times when your deep into your vacuuming you can accidentally press and the vacuum begins suction from the top of the machine (which can give you a fright at times). Also, the handle is very long and the piping too short to comfortably fit into small areas without dragging the machine along reluctantly.

I'm still glad I bought it, mainly because we're used to how it operates now.

Can’t clean “new carpet”

I bought this cleaner based on Dyson’s reputation and the fact I have differing floor surfaces. It worked very well on my tiled floor, but when moving onto carpet the spinning brush always stopped. Called Dyson support only to be told that the problem was that my carpet was “too new”. I mean, really?? Don’t you buy a new vacuum to help keep your new carpet clean and longer lasting? Had to return it for a refund after 4 days.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Works well and very compact

It works well on carpets, shaggy rugs and Matt’s. I like how it pulls up the carpet into the bristled head removing and good amount of dirt. It does have a bit of friction there making it a firmer to push on carpets compared to my old Bulky Dyson and it blocks up abit because we have a few girls with long hair in the house. But it is very easy to unblock as they have made a simple detachable head that can be quickly removed to gain access to hair ties or clumps of hair I feel it works well on the hard floors too and has no issues transferring from hard floors to carpet. Its a great vacuum but it’s not the top of the range Dyson and for the price it has its main pluses of being compact and versatile.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great powerful vaccum

I use this vacuum on carpets and tiles. I am super impressed with it. My cleaner had only just been and used an old dyson and I went over the carpets with this Dyson small ball and it was incredible what it picked up!! It has awesome power and easy to use.

Awesome vacuum

I bought this as I have 3 different floor surfaces and thought it would save time,definitely does,no sweeping,gets to anywhere with hose and attachments.easy to change attachments with one click,simple bagkess machine,water rinse filters every few months and done,it doesn’t lose suction at all after over a year..I love it

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Not the Dyson to purchase

I have always had a Dyson vacuum and needed to replace my old one (which I had for 5-6 years and was awesome!). I purchased the Dyson Small Ball which is a terrible replacement, does not suck anywhere near as well as my previous one and is very heavy to use.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Not worth it

I went out to buy a Dyson stick hoover - for light weight work hoovering around the house. I ended up being convinced to buy this nice lightweight small ball hoover for multi floors thinking this will last longer than any product that requires battery maintenance and be much more powerful version. OH HOW WRONG. The biggest issue I have with the dyson small ball is that if you have dust in front of the head - the dust would be pushed to the side and not sucked under. I know its working as the dust container does collect dust - but with the suction it has, the dust wants to be pushed away. Also to get the stick out and utilise is clumsy. All in all I will be selling my dyson and replacing with a $75 hoover which actually does the job.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi there, Thank you for reviewing your machine. I am sorry to hear you find your Small Ball isn't working as you would expect. Any debris too big to fit under the head may be pushed along, and if this is the case, we recommend sliding the slider on the front of the head away from the "MAX" setting. This should help. While I do understand you aren't a fan of the hose and wand, for any debris larger, we do suggest using this. Should you wish to discuss your concerns further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be more than happy to help. Best wishes, Shan

Disappointed in Dyson, this one is rubbish.

Suction was so strong It was hard to move across the floor. Reasonably light, the hose & power cord length was good. Having had dyson vacuums for the past 20 years I had high expectations, I was very disappointed & ended up returning it to the store of purchase. After the first use I realised it was impossible to vacuum hard floors due to the positioning of the exhaust, it blows the dust round that your trying to suck up. The barrel is impossible to empty without getting your hands in there to pull the dirt/fluff/hair out, I was ending up dirtier than when I started & the dust flying everywhere was not good for my asthma. Overall cleaning anything on this vacuum was difficult, the drop down door at the bottom only dropped down maybe 10% of the time, removing the clear barrel was hard as was the removal of the filters.

great suction but the head has lost its bristles after only 10 months

I spent over $500 on this vacuum and do love it BUT. i have noticed that the softer bristles have all disappeared i need a new one but do not want to be on the phone for over an hour to Dyson Australia which is the average wait time ... disappointing .. i would even at for a new head but can’t find someone to assist me

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Janet, We thank you for your review and sorry to hear about this. To discuss this further with us, and so we can assist you, please email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, a description of the issue and the machine's serial number from behind the clear bin on the main body of the machine and we will in touch. Best wishes, Mira www.facebook.com/dyson

Great for house with no kids or pets

We used to have a great vacuum and when it died we commuted to spending hundreds to ensure we got a decent reacement. The first few times using it, wow, great vacuum! Then the blockages started. Every time I had to vacuum I had to devote 5 minutes to cleaning and checking the filters and hoses. This thing blocks in a heartbeat, due in part that the hoses are skinny compared to my old vacuum, and I don't vacuum everyday.
The attachment for extended vacuuming has terrible suction, and the vacuum head has a massive amount of nooks and cranny's for piles of hair and dust to collect. Sadly, for a vacuum with great suction, after a small amount of use once every 3 days, even a small blockage cripples its suction.
If you vacuum everyday, this one is for you! But if you have a life, and vacuum irregularly, and have kids or pets, get a vaccum with thicker hoses, a dyson though, if you have thicker pipes it would work perfectly!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Mishkin, Thank you for reviewing your machine. I am sorry to hear your machine is blocking up. We wouldn't expect this in normal use. We would encourage you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to assist. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Shan

good product but I dont use it on hard floors

I had a Bosch before I brought this one at Harvey Norman. I managed to get 2 years def payments so I was happy. So to the product. I was shocked to see how much dirt this product can collect. Having pets I need a good product. The key is to keep everything super clean inc the canisters etc and I dry wipe the filters every 3 days. I wash the filters in warm water (Dyson told me not to use detergent when washing the filters). HINT have the store assemble the product when you buy it. It saves all the hassle to do it your self

Very disappointed

Fan at the bottom sends dirt flying so you have to chase it, does not switch easily from hardwood to carpet as claimed, time consuming to use as you have to constantly switch attachments, instructions are terrible... Wish I hadn't wasted my money even though it was on sale...now I know why.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi there, Thanks for your review and sorry to hear of your disappointment with your Small Ball. We would recommend to switch off the spinning brush in the cleaner head when vacuuming hard floor surfaces (the switch is next to the power button). To discuss this further with us please email our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, your product review and the machine's serial number and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Best wishes, Mira www.facebook.com/dyson

Good vacuum but few issues

We brought the small ball dyson vacuum after buying cheap kmart brand vacuums that never worked properly. It is quite expensive but it is very easy to use and to also empty as it is bagless. The suction could be better for carpeted areas but on smooth surfaces its great. It is quite noisy but easy to maneuver.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great except for the low head

The sunction is excellent as to be expected from Dyson. Being an upright vacuum it’s very easy to us and the handle can extend so you can get to hard to reach places. However, the head is so low to the floor that it just pushes stuff around. Something as small as 3-4mm requires me to lift the vacuum off the ground to suck it up which is pretty frustrating and quite disappointing.
Otherwise, it’s a powerful machine.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Shellie, Thanks for your review. This machine has low clearance to enable it to pick up more fine dust. Use the wand lift or the cleaner head slightly to pick up larger debris. If you need further assistance or have any questions about your machine, please email our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, a description of the issue and the machine's serial number and we will be more than happy to help. Best wishes, Mira www.facebook.com/dyson

Compact Improved from previous model

Performance and suction is good. but the brush keep pushing dirt away which is quiet annoying.
Upgraded from previous model. So glad the power cord is a lot longer.
Suction still going strong. Best for carpet. Make sure you can extended warranty. Easy claim and glad we have a local service center in my area. ( SOuthside Brisbane)

Date PurchasedFeb 2017