Dyson V6 Absolute

Dyson V6 Absolute

MPNs: 20956801, 35905017 and DSN-V6ABS

Perfect ! Loved this vacuum

My dog sheds lots of hair and this vacuum does the trick! Definitely recommend and will repurchase. My partner has really bad allergies so this helps alot. Absolutely fantastic! Cheers

Purchased .

Absolute back saver

Great vacuum. Great light, versatile design easy to use. Collection bin needs to be emptied quite often because of relative small size and how much gunk it's able to suck up! Quick to replace optional heads, too. Recharges fast, too. JB HiFi = $299 - V10 around $900 - I couldn't be happier with my 1/4 of the cost purchase.

Can't power on after less than 2 months. Bad and unresponsive customer service

Worst product ever didn't expect this from Dyson. We hardly used for a month and it stopped working and all it does is power on and off after every 2 seconds. It's been more than 3 weeks we gave for repair and it's still we don't hear anything from customer service. Terrible product and even terrible service.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Pavan, Thank you for reviewing your machine. I am sorry to hear about this, this is certainly not what we expect. We would kindly ask you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com as we would value the opportunity to look into this for you. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

Time consuming not time saving

My stick vacuum has the red handle. Not sure what model to call it. This vacuum can’t even suck up a fine cotton thread on carpet. It is the worst vacuum I have ever owned. It needs to be constantly cleaned and it takes up so much of my time rather than saving me time. If you have problems you can’t go to a local outlet to get it fixed. You have to send it back to Dyson. So therefore I’ve put up with its problems because solving it’s problems is too problematic. First Dyson and last Dyson I will buy

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi there, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson V6 Absolute. I am sorry to hear about this, this is certainly not the experience we would you to have with one of our cord-free machines. We would value the opportunity to assist. Please email your details and review to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

Overrated and Overpriced

The only positive features of this vacuum cleaner are the convenience of cordless and the excellent storage rack/charger.
Everything else about this vacuum cleaner sucks (pardon the pun).
The negatives are many:
Battery life is too short and it completely dies without warning.
The trigger switch is uncomfortable and doesn't lock on.
The hard floor tool is next to useless, it can't pick up anything larger than a dust particle.
The bin is ridiculously difficult and messy to empty because it is just too small.
Suction on the normal setting is just adequate and on the MAX setting the battery life is about 5 minutes.
Not recommended.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Best buy ever

We purchased this three years ago which I wish I had bought it earlier. I barely use my normal dyson vacuum cleaner as this does the job. It is so easy as you install it to the wall and always charged and ready and so powerful. I sometimes vacuum the whole 160 m2 house with it without any problem (20min battey life which is enough for me). The absolute comes with various headers which are useful.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Great vacuum... when it works

This is a great vacuum, however after just 12 months we started having major issues with the battery life and suction. It took about 3 months going back and forth with Dyson before they were able to organise it to be fixed and all in all it was a frustrating experience. In summary, the vacuum is great but just be warned if something goes wrong it takes a very long time to fix

Date PurchasedNov 2016

WARNING: Machine flashing 10 red lights?(after holding trigger)

My machine is 18 months old and we noticed the vacuum time was diminishing until it just stopped working.
When it is working, I like it's ease of handling and the design but I sure wish it could do my whole 2 bedroom apartment in one session. That aside, I have been happy with my purchase until now. Alarm bells are now ringing in my head as $700 is a lot of money as far as I'm concerned. Anyhow, I hope this review can be helpful to others in the same situation.

I have looked all over the internet for information when the machine is flashing 10 red lights and it just constantly tells you to contact Dyson which of course I have done. Received replacement part today after waiting 5 days which is a new body as that is what is broken when 10 red lights flash (after holding down the trigger). I Installed it using the video and the instruction sheet and alas still flashing 10 red lights..... very frustratedly called Dyson (16 mins wait) and Lovely, helpful girl commented how strange it was that I was not sent a new battery with the new body as it seems the old battery is short circuiting the new part!! More Frustration!!!!
Anyway they are sending me out a new body and a new battery together so I guess I'll be waiting another week to see if this resolves the issue.
I would advise anyone to insist on a new battery when having the body replaced but I have to wait to see if this does actually work.

Please note Dyson: When a customer is calling to report a faulty machine, don't ask them if they'd like information on new products!!! Just fix the one I have!!! And secondly, calling a replacement part thats under warranty "Goodwill" is extremely patronising. Its not Goodwill, its just your actual responsibility!!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Cuts out after less than 1 min , put on charge, try again same thing happens

1 Tile Floor
2 Fine when working
Fully charged stops after less than a min. put on charge try again same thing ( Flashing Blue ) , back ion charge (solid Blue ) try again . after 4 to 6 tries finally have success. Next use same all over again . V6 Absolute is 18 mths old in brand new condition , we live in a small unit.
Very Disappointed in Product ( Dyson Owner for over 20 years , Multiple Units )

Cheers Mike

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Mike, Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble getting consistent power from your V6 Absolute. This isn't to be expected and we are happy to help. So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

Great product

Easy to use and charge while taking up very minimal space. Picks up everything and is so easy to quickly grab for a quick tidy up. Great battery life and hasn’t died while in use. Over time hasn't lost its quality and is not heavy to hold. Great to not have a cord to walk around with.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Awful! Run time.

DO NOT PURCHASE! Battery lasts 20 min on regular mode.... I can’t vacuum my home in 20 minutes. That is ridiculous. I got 20 minutes the first day and now it will only run for a few minutes. My friend has the same problem with hers so Dyson is sending her a new battery. I called today and asked if they could send another battery and they said no. I would need to purchase one. I was super excited for time Dyson and am very disappointed with their customer service and product. Going back to my Shark.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Jordan, Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your machine. With your V6 machine, you can expect a run time of 16-20 minutes, or 6 minutes in Max mode. If you aren't getting these run times, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com. While batteries are a consumable item and not covered by the Dyson guarantee, we handle everything on a case by case basis. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Shan

Love it but would now get the newer one

I can do the whole house with this and also the couches. Switching between carpet, hard floors and the couches are easy and I love how much it picks up. I would now get the newer one for the minutes for get between chargers. It can stop halfway through cleaning if I don’t charge each time I use it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

What a piece of junk, now scratches our floor!

We bought this Dyson & were reasonably happy with it over the last 3 years with it only getting used very mildly in & around our kitchen only once or twice a week at most. That is we were happy with it till we noticed it was scratching our solid wood floor because the cheaply made head for it has worn away the felt to leave bare plastic.

Now you would think that replacing a head for such a small vacuum would be a cheap exercise given a new unit is now only a few hundred dollars but after being on hold for over an hour with Dyson my wife was told a replacement head would be $129 plus delivery!

The battery now also only lasts about 5 minutes which is pretty average.

Needless to say we'll be buying a different new model of some other more reputable brand & never buying a Dyson product again.

Dyson used to make quality products, but I think they've let their standards slide massively the last few years.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

battery problem

Bought this product in Dec 2015 and it seemed good quality, it was expensive but happy with the service. Most recently the machine is becoming unreliable, sometimes it works and some time it doesn't. It could be the battery or the machine itself is faulty? If an expensive machine gives problem in less than 3 yrs, it's not worth buying.
when used after full battery charge it lasts only seconds and with the second time recharge it last about 10 - 15 minutes.
The Dyson customer service suggested to change battery at a cost of £65.00 as the machine only has 2 yrs guarantee and doesn't cover.
As a customer, I am dissatisfied with my Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner, it only looks and sounds good but doesn't provide good service.
Received message from the Dyson customer service saying your machine is now registered and your guarantee is active and underneath it shows guarantee valid until 05/12/2017
I don't think I will get any further assistance from the Dyson Company.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Amazing

Amazing vac i love it i love it i love it to clean the car !!! Buy u wont regret it , my whole family had one i have one my brother has one my aunty has one we all have yaaasss this is an amazing product cant wait to see what else is instore

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Product Great- Customer support even Better

What can i say, but its a quality product back by excellent customer support. have had the unit for over 2 years and have given it a good work out., have had the canister and bottom roller replaced in warranty (2 years) however now the battery is starting to not last, called customer care and even though 2 months out of warranty they will send one to me at no cost. - now that's service.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Not great for price

Bought this last year for our 2 bed house and have bought a meile instead.
It just doesnt do as good a job as a standard plug in hoover.
It constantly cuts out and so is unreliable.
With a standard hoover you can take the floor attachment off and hoover with the nozzle around corners and couches etc.. with the dyson you have to carry the attachments around with you.
It wont hoover under the edges of beds or radiator covers.
Holds and drags larger pieces of dirt so you have to pick them up.
Battery is useless.
A nightmare to clean and reassemble.

This hoover is fine if you need to hoover a quick mess but not a good overall house hoover.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Second battery failure in 11 months

I am very disappointed with my Dyson V6 Absolute. We purchased the vacuum direct from Dyson in December of 2017 and had our first battery failure only after 7 months (June '18). We contacted Dyson and they begrudgingly replaced the battery at no cost (as batteries are excluded from the warranty). Going forward we were instructed to make sure that we always allow the unit to cool prior to re-charging, so we made sure that we let the unit sit for a while after use before we recharged it. Last week (Nov 4, 2018) unfortunately, the unit is no longer charging and blinking the infamous continuous red light. With this vacuuming costing close to $300, I would have expected much higher quality. I will not purchase another Dyson cordless vacuum again.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Jason, Thank you for taking the time to review your V6 Absolute. We are sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with the battery and are keen to assist. Please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy or email your details through to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-7pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Samuel

Unreliable: Broke after 3 Years

It worked very well while it lasted but I'm very disappointed that after just 3 years, the motorhead suddenly stopped turning. We took it apart to clean it thoroughly, but it didn't help. Rang Dyson and was told that we would need to replace the motorhead, which would cost more than $160. We tried to look for fixes online, but they were not simple to follow. For the price we paid for the V6 back when it first came out, it is ridiculous that it isn't lasting - feels like a con job to get people to upgrade.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Hi AliP, Thank you for taking the time to review your V6 Absolute. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with the Motorhead for your machine. The price quoted over $160 does not sound right. Could you please send through an email to auaskdyson@dyson.com with your contact details and the serial number of your machine so we can further assist? Best wishes, Samuel Facebook.com/Dyson

Excellent Vacuum Cleaner

I actually have 2 Dyson vacuum cleaners, a DC39 and a V6. Both have been fantastic and they are very easy to use. Also fairly easy to dismantle to pack the dirt out. I use the V6 more frequently as it's hand held and it also came with an attachment to clean tables, chairs, ceilings etc. These dyson machines might cost more but they are worth it. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

after taking my Dyson off charge it runs for about a m minute then stops, I put back on the charger unti l get a sold blue light disconnect it again and it will run fo the normal use time. Frustrating can you help?
Not an answer, Chris, just a comment. When put on charge, the blue light goes on. It goes off when fully charged. I'd suggest you give Dyson a ring.Hi Chris, Thank you for your query. I am sorry to hear about this, we wouldn't expect your machine to behave in this manner. So we can further assist we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to assist in getting your V6 running as normal. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, ShanHi Chris mine is doing the same did you get any advice

Why do I have to replace my Dyson charger about every 3 months???
Hi Danny, Thank you for your query, we are happy to help. The charger is certainly not something we would anticipate you should have to replace on a regular basis. So we can assist, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

My vacuum bought in August 2015 only works for a few minutes before going flat. Do I need to buy a replacement battery?? I expected it to last several more years. The vacuum filters are washed regularly.
After 3 years use, it could be the battery. Perhaps Dyson should give an indication off how long the battery is expected to last. Of course it would depend on frequency of use.Hi Pauline, Thank you for your query, we are happy to help. While this could indicate the battery in your machine needs to be replaced, it could also indicate something else is happening within the machine. So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help diagnose this, and assist with a resolution. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Shan

V6 Absolute