Dyson V6 Cord-free

Dyson V6 Cord-free

MPN: 36443342

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

Dyson V6 In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

4.1

Its always blocking up

My dyson v6 cordless vaccum isn't what I was hoping for. Its to difficult to use. The dust bin fills up quickly and is difficult to empty. I have to empty it 4/5 times vaccumming my small house. The vacuum clogs up and wont go. It does this off on thing. When it works it's good but that's only for a short time. I have a dyson cord barrel vaccum which I have had for more then 10 years, it has been fantastic. Not a problem, but it's heavy to lug around. Very disappointed with my v6 cordless I hardly use it. Its to unreliable. Never buy a dyson cordless again

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$300.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Dyson Team ..Dyson

We certainly wouldn't expect routine blockages from any Dyson cord-free machine.

We kindly encourage forwarding your review and details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

Isa

IsaSydney, NSW

Good option

I use in carpet, rug, tile and wood. Full of cat's hair.
I love the suction how it's strong and the brush to remove the hairs it's perfect. The only thing that could improve is the way to remove the brush and clean within that piece, that sometimes get disgusting with something humid + dust getting sticked there.
Honestly, it facilitates my life a LOT because the battery lasts on my small apartment (doesn't work for places bigger than 2 rooms - I know because I work with cleaning as well and my clients are frustrated with the battery).
But for me it's great!

Purchased in January 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for A$400.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Jim oGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Marketing,, Poor Performance.

Have a ducted system (Lux) brought the Dyson to clean small amounts of ash dust from the Fire hearth, Gets about 3 minutes work a week during the winter. I had a B&D but it allowed find particles of dust to escape. I got the Dyson because of the claims that it’s filtering system was far superior. It is but, it continually clogs causing the motor to surge and no suction and, the cleaning processes, taking it apart, brushing, washing, re-assembly,, required to fix it are ridiculous..
& the run time / battery is a totally inadequate, nowhere near current industry standards.
Slightly better filtration than a B&D (and the other brands), near 10 times the $ cost and high maintenance..

Purchased at Big W for A$399.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Angel

AngelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

clean house

it works well on all floor surfaces. great suction. picks up all dirt. fluff .etc. Easy to use. and make sure its always fully charged berfore using. Always empty and reconnect to charger so that when you want to clean again youre ready to go. have fun

Purchased in November 2019 for A$529.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood
Nikki M.

Nikki M.Perth, WA

Extremely disappointing

I bought mine just over 12 months ago, and now it wont work as soon as I add a attachment to it. I've called the dyson line, who talks me through a whole lot of hoops, to try and get it working. Still does not work. I just want it replacing. Previously I've bought a cheap kmart vacumm [$45] that has lasted far longer than this thing.

Purchased in April 2019.

Julius D.

Julius D.Central Desert, NT

first time using appliance of this type, very impressive

I didn't know this was the appliance I needed not until I got to lay my hands on it & use it! The suction is just on a high level. I noticed my floors are extra clean than it was before. It's very easy to use! the only little issue I find is the dust storage gets full easily so I have to get rid of the dust from time to time. On another note though, it's my house that needs cleaning & accumulated that amount of dust?

Suzaana Watts

Suzaana WattsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

2 Years old and hasn't let me down

I chose this vacuum cleaner because it is compact and living in an apartment space is limited.

It cleaners my carpet better than ever, and even after a few years runs like it is brand new, emptying it is the easiest and bag-less means no consumable expense.

I love my Dyson and will only ever use this vacuum cleaner from now on.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Online Store for A$450.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Reet K Kaur

Reet K Kaur

5 years old now and still going strong

We have tiles and carpet throughout our home. I have a nessy 4 year old and this vacuum has been a life saver. I use it daily to help keep the house clean. it performs very well and gets all the dirt. Easy to use and clean. The best thing is its cordless and one full charge lets me do the whole house in one go. ours is a standard 4 bedroom house.

Purchased in November 2015 at The Good Guys for A$500.00.

Gemma T.

Gemma T.

Dyson V6 Slim

It goes flat so quickly! But suction is fantastic. I use it on carpet and and tiles, does well on both surfaces. I probably have about 10-15minutes before it goes flat. It’s easy to manoeuvre, light in weight, and it comes with a warranty.

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W.

Narhari

NarhariMelbourne

Amazing product

We bought Dyson v6 from catch. The product is amazing n value of money. Cleans thoroughly. The cons is just batter never long last for 30 min after full charge.

Purchased in October 2019 at Catch for A$399.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Pat wykes

Pat wykesGreystanes

Isn’t as good as they make out

Bought a Dyson V6 animal. Paid $399 in June 2017. The battery needs replacing already and is costing another $79. It is used on tiles and carpet, not used every day and is not overused.
Very disappointed.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$399.00.

Bennnnny

BennnnnyPerth, WA

Solid build

Have used on multiple surfaces in different homes. Manages well for everyday use. Motor head does tend to get clogged with hair but a daily clean solves this issue. Had a part break and dyson replaced for free. Bought 3 total, 2 as gifts.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for A$499.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Disappointed

Bought this vacuum from kogan in Oct 2019. I used it on carpet and vinyl flooring. So now it's March 2020 and the battery will no longer charge so it is a waste of money as far as I am concerned. Very disappointed in the product . Won't be buying this brand again that's for sure

Purchased in October 2019 at Kogan.com.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
ozmozz

Too late chucked it out and bought an electrolux

Hope

HopePerth, WA

It’s a good vacuum especially if you have a back injury caused by work. No bending or twisting. Dyson customer service were beyond excellent when I have a problem, they asked me to mail it and they fixed in and repost in less than a week . I’m really happy with it. Two years warranty is a bonus.

Purchased in April 2017 at Target Australia for A$400.00.

Floor Type Linoleum
Jaz

Jaz

Want an upgrade

I ordered this vacuum online and I've had it 2 years now it's great but it's small size is annoying would love a bigger dirt collected. The clips on the connections are easy to break

Purchased in January 2017.

Floor Type Linoleum

Gabi K.

Gabi K.South East Queensland, QLD

Good or Bad?

Powerful motor and suction performance on smooth flooring, nimble design, lightweight and easy to use. However, on carpets the brush fails to spin and therefore does not pick up dirt. With poor battery performance, I have to vacuum my small double story down house over two days for a fair clean. Finally, where the power trigger is located, the vacuums motor sits against your finger and quickly heats and burns the skin.

Purchased in August 2019 at Big W for A$399.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Dyson Team ..Dyson

Most awful, aggravating appliance I have ever dealt with

This vacuum is horrible. It pushes the dirt around the floor and is constantly stuck in the pulsating mode. If you view the video they keep posting, even tissue clogs this vacuum. Essentially you cannot vacuum a normal house with animals and kids without pulling everything off the floor out of the stupid thing, and emptying it by hand into the bin from its different parts. Literally cannot even pick up a feather half the time. I may as well sweep as that would be way more efficient - and that is hardwood floors! Don't get me started on carpet. Complete waste of time. Do yourself a favour and buy a kmart or target vacuum rather than this over hyped piece of junk. Cheaper and more effective.

Purchased in February 2018 for A$499.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Angelito

AngelitoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Light and compact

Awesome vacuum cleaner. Light and compact. You don’t need big machine to my house. Easy to used and so easy to clean it as well. Perfect machine for grand mother. Great invention.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys.

Floor Type Tiles

MichaelSydney, NSW

Terrible

Continually fails, motor surges and not very effective suction. Also battery never seems to charge properly on the wall mounting however even taking it off the wall doesn't charge properly

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$400.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Neha

NehaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best Cord free vacuum cleaner

This is the best vacuum cleaner available in the market,it is so easy to use on carpet and wooden floors.
It is very easy to use as cord free and is light weight.

Purchased in October 2017 at Myer Retail Stores for A$290.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Phil C

Phil Casked

V6 Cord-free

1. How to replace the battery?
2. How do I find the model & serial number on the machine.
3. I have been told this earlier model has only a 2 year life.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Thank you for your queries.

You can find a video showing how to remove and replace the battery of your machine here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju0F4HMtysQ

You can find the serial number for your machine on the guarantee form which is on the back page of your User Guide. However, you can also find it on the machine. To locate, push the red release catch and the base of the bin releases. Push it again and with a wiggle you can pull the complete clear bin off the machine. You will find the serial number sticker on the opposite side of the red lever on the machine.

While Dyson engineer our machines and their components to last, the batter is a consumable item which suffer wear and tear through usage coupled with environmental factors such as extreme temperatures, charging habits and the usage of the minimum / maximum power selection. These factors affect the battery longevity which varies amongst users and determining the length of time a power pack should last is not feasible.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Rosemary

Rosemaryasked

V6 Cord-free

I cannot detach the stick form the head. It appears to be jammed on. I have had my Dyson for a few years and everything else is fine but now I can't change the tools! Any advice please?

Dave Brazoo
Dave Brazoo

Try squirting some WD-40 or similar around the push switch and join of the two parts.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We would advise against using any lubricants, however we would encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via 1800 239 766. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST and will be happy to help.

Cara

Caraasked

V6 Cord-free

My v6 roller brush isnt rolling...it moves slightly when i turn the power on then doesnt move. Iv had it all out and cleaned it theres nothing clogging it. The hand held part it working fine so can do skirting boards and car for eg. It also seems to be charging fine as far as i know. The blue light stays on while hoovering right? Any ideas?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with your Dyson V6.

We would kindly ask you to run through the checkpoints outlined via the link below and you should be able to get this sorted.

If not, or if we can assist further, we would kindly ask you to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to provide further assistance and get this sorted for you.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives