Dyson V7 Animal

Dyson V7 Animal

MPN: 227604-01

See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Claire

ClaireNortheast, VIC

Very handy, use it daily

Excellent electric broomstick for light cleaning, tidying out car, pet fur attachment terrific! Not enough suction for thorough house clean, but extremely convenient and easy to use for quick tidy. Great on furniture. Would not live without one now!

Purchased in January 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $499.00.

Mel F

Mel FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great quality, quick recharge, versatile

Love Dyson stick vacuums. This is my second- the previous one lasted 5 years. Quick recharge, picks up everything. Also love the car kit that means my car stays spotless. Bigger bin on this model is great, along with variety of attachments.

Purchased in December 2018 at David Jones for $499.00.

Steph

StephGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Easy to use but doesn’t clean well

I really like the idea of these vacuums however it only lasted 1 year before breaking completely and it never picked up dirt very well. At the end, the part that spins, you are forever pulling it apart and cutting hair that’s twisted in it because it stops it from spinning and therefore picking up even less dirt. I won’t be purchasing one of these again.

Surfaone

SurfaoneSydney, NSW

DYSON V 7 Animal

Works well on hard floors, to get deep down dirt in the carpet you would need to use max power which has a very short run time of 10 min max. I would recommend if you have a plush or twist type carpet to get a stronger machine like the V10 or V11 as this machine just won't cut it. Is only good for quick surface cleanups in between regular vacuuming.

Purchased in September 2019 at eBay for $399.00.

IanSydney, NSW

Don't waste your hard earned money

Don't waste your hard earned money - poor suction -Blows exhaust into your face - goes flat very quickly and can not change battery - it has taken 7 versions to get this far no wonder Dyson has come up with more - never buy a Dyson- it is only for the rich who never use it anyway - Ian ---- yes a Man that knows atmospheric pressure is what actually pushes the dust up the dys and that the only thing that really sucks is the Dyson itself

Purchased in June 2018 for $499.00.

Product is used: Rarely
Floor Type Wood

As i said before
Don't waste your money

Stuart

StuartSouthwest, VIC

My wife loves it!

We use this hand held vacuum every day. It picks up our cat hair without a problem. Even though we do not normally use it on the boost setting we found when we did the rechargeable battery only lasted about 8 minutes. Normal power lasts approximately 20 minutes and is enough for us vacuum all the carpets in our dwelling. This vacuum lives up to its advertising.

Purchased in February 2019 for $440.00.

BB50

BB50Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing

At first we were pleased with the Dyson V7 as we have a dog that sheds a lot of hair. However we found that if the button was on 'MAX', the battery was charged for no more that 12 to 15 minutes, necessitating a lengthy period of no vacuuming while the battery was recharged.

Purchased in September 2017 at Good Guys Moorabbin for $499.00.

Ttttt

TttttPerth, WA

Amazing product. Better suction than most barrels, except Dyson of course!

I purchased this product on special after my old handstick from another brand died. This handstick is light, glides nicely in both hard and carpet floors and with the mini motor head attachment, makes cleaning car/lounge chairs a breeze and picks up dog hair wonderfully. The suction is perfect and battery life is sufficient, however on Max suction the battery is consumed rather fast. Would be nice to see an improvement on this in new models. Overall a fantastic product that offers a good experience, which you would expect given Dyson are on the higher end of the price range.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $448.00.

kyleb

kylebSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn't live up to the name.

Purchased in February 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores for $549.00.

Poor performance

Hardwood floors & Carpet. Vacuum was perfect for approximately 4 weeks, after that it became a nightmare. It keep stopping and after looking online for help I was talked through how to clean it, unfortunately this happened regularly but the vacuum wasn't really blocked. I took it back to Argos and they replaced it. The new one was fine for a while, then it just kept stopping, after contacting Dyson they said it needed a new battery but was just out of warranty so it would be £65, too expensive, so got one from eBay for £16. Only use it now to hoover the car, this product is not value for money, I will never buy another Dyson.

Purchased in February 2018 at Argos.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Toni

ToniSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product

Wonderful product easy to use only live in a small unit this gets into hard to reach places. Have cleaned my whole unit and car and still had power to spare.
Exellent suction picks up the smallest partical of dust so easy to empty.

susan

susanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not a good dyson

I love Dyson but not the V7, it is not as good as my V6 and really regret upgrading. Do yourself a favour and get a V8 or a V11. I have to use it on Turbo for it to be strong enough and then only get 8mins run time

Purchased in December 2018 at Amazon for $400.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Chookiesmumma

ChookiesmummaPerth, WA

The best vacuum I have ever had!

This is FANTASTIC! We have a german shepherd and carpet. The Dyson V7 is perfect for our needs. It is powerful enough to pick up all the fur and dirt dragged in by our boy, has a really useful array of heads to choose from and is really sturdy. It works just as well on my tiled surfaces and makes cleaning so much quicker and easier. Even hubby will use it! Loved it so much I bough my Mum one and my daughter purchased one after house sitting for us.

Purchased in October 2019 at Big W.

MrsPriggHunter Region, NSW

Perfectly Powerful & Easy To Use

This vacuum is perfect for us. It’s powerful & has the option for added power with a max button, multi heads make it great for cleaning out draws & hard to reach corners & the long stick makes it easy & quick to use around the house. Barrel holds a surprisingly large amount meaning we don’t need to empty it every use. We use this on tiles, carpet & floorboards.
It sucks from the carpet well and glides over floorboards without scratching. Great on the bathroom tiles as well & can be used easily under beds. Would definitely buy another one! The only thing I’m not a fan of is the charging dock needs to be mounted to the wall for ease of connection/disconnection and in a rental this is avoided.

Purchased in June 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $399.00.

MrsPrigg

Oh I didn’t know that! Thanks!

Ash

AshMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect All Rounder

I use this on carpet, vinyl and tiled surfaces. It picks up everything. Strong but lightweight and has a decent 30mims if I run at full power. Collects cat/dog and my hair without any issues. Can't live without it now.

Purchased in May 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $499.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Luke G.

Luke G.

Great Suction for small house!

Recently bought two of the Dyson V7 Animals one for mum and one for my house. Mum n o longer uses her traditional vacuum. The battery on it is enough for mum to do her entire house (15 sq). Even though it doesn't feel like there is a lot of suction, you can see in the jug the amount of Junk its sucking up and we a re both really happy! If you had a bigger house I would suggest maybe getting one with longer battery as the recharge time can be a bit long and you also cant use the machine whilst charging.

Emptying it and maintenance is easy!

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys.

RandomAU

Far from perfect and prone to faults, with expensive replacements.

Purchased in December 2016 at The Good Guys.

Floor Type Tiles

Wendy9999

Wendy9999Northern Region, NSW

Most expensive and the worst

This vacuum cleaner stopped working properly within weeks. It cuts in and out incessantly. This is supposed to be a signal that it needs cleaning, but going through the complicated procedure (requiring a screwdriver) makes no difference. The main head stopped working soon after the warranty ended. I now vacuum with the small animal head which cuts in and out non-stop. My house is small and I vacuum only once a week. Save your money. This is the most expensive vacuum cleaner I have ever owned and it is by far the worst.

Purchased in August 2016 at Harvey Norman.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Jamie Leguier

Jamie LeguierGoulburn Valley, VIC

Wow what a good little sucker

Upgraded from a DC35 stick vaccum, which we thought was pretty good. Got this bad boy home and charged and what a great little cleaner this is. We use this on our carpets and tiled floors and it is amazing.
Only negative is that the battery only lasts around 15 or so minutes.

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W for $449.00.

JulieSydney, NSW

Will not run for more than 2 minutes

It was a gift from my daughter. Worked great at the start. Then would only run for a few minutes after charging. Tried all of the troubleshooting. Far too much energy spent on this Never had problems with my old Nilfisk. I just wanted something to use with my steps, rather than lugging the barrel vacuum. My bet is they are made in China and as usual all process control flies out the window as they might be the manufacturing superpower but they lack integrity and consistency. No surprise really.

Purchased in October 2018.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Julie

No thanks I have before and I will never buy a Dyson Vacuum again. It is not worth the trouble. I’m a busy person and I want to purchase something that works. Too many hours spent already wasted trying to get this machine to charge and work.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you feel this way. Should you change your mind, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We are only happy to help.