Dyson V8 Absolute

Dyson V8 Absolute

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

• Product is used:
    • Daily (32)
    • Several times a week (27)
    • Weekly (18)
    • Monthly (1)
  • Pet OwnerYes (36) · No (41)
  • Battery Life

Shaun MJ

Shaun MJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dyson plastic junk

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Scratches my hardwood floors even with the soft roller head

Purchased in May 2018 at Myer for $629.00.

Kim U.
Kim U.

Hi
This is not the case, the same scratching has occurred again with a second new soft roller head. I don't think both the soft roller heads are faulty.

Bradley

Bradley

I'm big fan of this vacuum

I have a small border collies in a mostly carpeted 3 bedroom home. This vacuum suits me perfectly. It's easily as powerful as a normal corded vac, but light and convenient to work with.

Has a decent-sized chamber and good array of adaptors. Battery life is great, but drains quick on the MAX setting - which is to be expected.

Only complaint I have is that once the chamber gets about 1/3 of capacity, I keep getting mild electric shocks that feel like they're coming from the charging port. It's very annoying, but I like the vacuum that much that I'd give it 5 stars anyway.

Purchased in March 2018 at Catch for $697.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Naomi

Naomi

Amazing!

Got this on special at Harvey Norman and was so excited to try it out. Exceeded expectations. So lightweight and I can get the whole house clean before the battery runs out. Such a good investment!

Purchased in June 2019.

Yuva

YuvaSydney, NSW

This was perfect but then it stopped functioning as expected within 2 years

I purchased dyson v8 model in Arp 2019. Although used very rarely. It was perfect and I loved it. But within 1.5years, the suction is not good and not functioning as expected. I feel its not worth for the amount we pay and not being used for longer period. Is it because Dyson keep releasing newer versions and wants people to change every year?

glenn

glennSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best vacuum ever

This is the best vacuum I've ever had it picked up everything with ease and was so easy to move around best vacuum product on the market used on carpet and tiles

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $590.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Very light and easy to manoeuvre

From particle board to deep pile carpet and tile bathroom. Does the lot Works okay but in these drought conditions requires a lot of emptying. Filter needs constant attention or it won’t go.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $895.00.

S Holmes

S HolmesSouth East Queensland, QLD

A wonderful machine.

We have a dog. Can the little rollers on the cleaning head that run on the floor be made easily removable for removing dog hair etc. Otherwise the Dyson V8 is a top machine and worth every dollar...

Purchased in June 2018 for $400.00.

Alaska S

Alaska S

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

The stories are absolutely true guys! There is no better vacuum cleaner on this whole entire Earth other than the one and only Dyson (Dyson in general not necessarily specific to this model). They are absolutely incredible, do not waste your time with anything else like I did, you will be kicking yourself for it once you make this purchase.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Ellie

Ellie

Awesome!

I have gotten rid of my other vacuum & only have / use my cordless dyson. I use it once or twice a day, awesome for a mum with 2 young kids!! I have fully tiled house & battery lasts to clean the whole thing. Perfect !

Purchased in October 2018 at Myer for $1,000.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Oscarte

Oscarte

Easy to operate

My girlfriend bought this for our apartment

To be honest i was quite upset in the beginning because she spent over $500 for this vacuum machine and I thought it was too much and if you ask me now it's definitely worth it .it's very easy to use and very powerful. I love my Dyson vacuum cleaner.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $565.00.

Floor Type Wood

Cheap Bellini Bagless (Target) better than Dyson V8 Absolute

Do not waste your money. I recently purchased the Target Bellini ($129RRP) after a couple of years with my Dyson. This is the second Dyson vacuum that I have purchased that kept breaking down. The Bellini really is phenomenal (check out the reviews on Target!).

Purchased in January 2018 at Myer Retail Stores.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Doug

DougNorth Western Region, NSW

worst vacuum ever

Please don't buy one, we had a v6, it wouldn't stay on. We said okay we must be unlucky with this one, so we bought a second v8 because it was handy without using a cord.
This v8 goes flat after only 5 mins being on minimal power, very frustrating so we are going to go and purchase a completely different brand.
If we could I would not give it any stars that's exactly what we would give it, hopeless, worst thing ever.

Purchased in October 2017 for $800.00.

Johanna P.

Johanna P.Perth, WA

This is amazing!

so easy to clean the floor and carpet. The included attachments are so useful for dusting and even vacuuming the car. Battery lasts long long time in the low setting which is enough.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $568.00.

Jane E.

Jane E.

LOVE the no LUG

I use this for cleaning wooden floors , carpet, walls ( picture rails ) , the ceiling fans and anywhere else. I would have bought the latest but the cost was prohibitive. My only issue is the length of time on the power up. It goes for about 7 mins full bore before the battery dies and takes about 4 hours to recharge. Not really a problem now - once you've dysoned all the rooms initially - it is so so good at getting all the dirt and dust - you don't need to throughly vacuum as often. I have a dog and a cat - and this is the best vacuum I have ever had by a mile. Worth every cent

Purchased in February 2019 at Toby Deals for $569.00.

Alex

AlexPerth, WA

The best invention

I cannot emphasize how good this product is... I used to hate vacuuming the apartment ..but now everytime I get up I go and get my Dyson and clean the house in less than 10 minutes.. it is beautiful and super quick to clean 2 bedroom apartments in less than 10 minutes.. I even use it on my car thanks dyson

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $568.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Violetta K.

Violetta K.Perth, WA

Dyson V8 vacuum cleaner which I am currently using it was an excellent product till I saw advertising of Dyson V11.

I am vacuuming my wooden floor, rugs and tiles with Dyson V8 and it works fantastic, it so handy , but the battery isn't working for as long, as it should.To vacuum my house I need to recharge my battery three to four times.

Purchased in May 2017 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Holden Jones

Holden JonesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Top of the line

I have always been used Dyson, as I find the aesthetic pleasing and practical. This new release has really raised the bar in design and technology of the performance of cleaners.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,300.00.

Minh

MinhPearce 2607, ACT

Perfect cleaner, with some limits

Love it! Best one we have. Problem is that battery doesnt last the whole house for us and cleaning is more frequently than we would have liked. If only the company makes spare battery that doesnt require opening of the motor for swapping over.

First battery was playing up so was replaced under warranty. Bin lids broken twice now with one under warranty.

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

coinlaundry

coinlaundry

Easy to use, battery life not so good

This is my first Dyson vacuum purchase and performance wise, it hasn't disappointed. It is very easy to use - just pick up, change the head (carpet or floorboard) and off you go. No cords to deal with. The disappointing part is the battery life - it doesn't last very long...15 minutes if you are lucky. This sometimes means stopping the job halfway and charging, which takes a few hours. Maintenance is also quite easy, however hairs constantly get stuck in the heads which is a bit of a headache cleaning.

Purchased in May 2017.

gav

gavasked

My dyson head roller has stopped spinning. I took the brush itself off and i can see that the edge of the motor ( which is supposed to spin the brush ) doesnt turn round.
I cleaned the head and cleaned the boday itself?
took all the head apart up to the motor - but still no change.
I have had this head for a year only - sounds quite unreal changing it for a new one for 80$... any help?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Dyson V8.

We would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com for further assistance, we are only happy to help.

Anna S.

Anna S.asked

Can I use a universal charger not the original ? Does it damage the cleaner?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Dyson takes safety seriously and tests all components of our machines to ensure they remain safe and reliable to use.

As Dyson don't test universal parts, we can't guarantee the quality and safety of universal parts. For this reason, we would always encourage using Dyson genuine components.

If you need to order a charger for your machine, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEDST. At time of writing, a genuine Dyson charger for a Dyson V8 machine is available for $30.

fg08xht

fg08xhtasked

My V8 goes dead after 30-40 seconds on Max setting. It lasts as expected on normal.still does it even i remove the filters and brush heads.it will reset its self only if i plug lt back into its charger for a second ?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This certainly sounds unusual and we'd appreciate the opportunity to look into this and assist.

Please forward the serial number of your Dyson V8 and your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Once received, our Dyson Experts will be in touch with you to assist.

Paula H.
Paula H.

I have the same problem, did you get a solution?

Vestina B.
Vestina B.

same problem here. please let us know the outcome. mine is only year and a half old.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives