Dyson V8 Absolute

Dyson V8 Absolute

See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

MinhPearce 2607, ACT

Perfect cleaner, with some limits

Love it! Best one we have. Problem is that battery doesnt last the whole house for us and cleaning is more frequently than we would have liked. If only the company makes spare battery that doesnt require opening of the motor for swapping over.

First battery was playing up so was replaced under warranty. Bin lids broken twice now with one under warranty.

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

coinlaundry

coinlaundry

Easy to use, battery life not so good

This is my first Dyson vacuum purchase and performance wise, it hasn't disappointed. It is very easy to use - just pick up, change the head (carpet or floorboard) and off you go. No cords to deal with. The disappointing part is the battery life - it doesn't last very long...15 minutes if you are lucky. This sometimes means stopping the job halfway and charging, which takes a few hours. Maintenance is also quite easy, however hairs constantly get stuck in the heads which is a bit of a headache cleaning.

Purchased in May 2017.

James Nguyen

James NguyenSydney, NSW

Simply Perfect!

Simply perfect, powerful! Bought more than 3 years, still working well on suction. Battery is still good, no drama. Been looking forward to buying a new V11 when this one down.

Purchased for $699.00.

Floor Type Tiles

swati m.

swati m.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great performance with ease of use

Used this vacuum for tiles and carpet area, pretty easy to use with great convenience. One full charge of battery can easily last cleaning the whole 2 room apartment, but after that it will need a recharge. Performance of the battery starts dissipating after 1-2 years.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $780.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Lee-Lee J.

Lee-Lee J.Sydney, NSW

Battery dies quickly

I have had my Dyson v8 absolute for nearly two years. It was great when it was new but now the battery dies really quickly, only lasting about ten minutes when it’s supposed to last for 40! It’s so annoying having to vacuum in small areas and then having to wait for it to recharge. It’s handy for cleaning spills etc but not for doing the whole house.

Purchased at Myer Retail Stores for $899.00.

Suzanne34

Suzanne34Southwest, VIC

Mine as well as a friends stopped charging after a year or so. Disgraceful given the cost

I bought one of these and so did a friend at different times. Mine stopped completely just out of warranty and a friends stopped in warranty. Disgraceful given the cost. Theyve gone downhill. Avoid

Purchased in July 2014 at The Good Guys Physical store for $900.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Liss R

Liss RSouth East Queensland, QLD

A great vacuum

I use it multiple times a day and find it so easy to use and clean out. Dyson are amazing with customer service if you encounter problems (we needed a new battery and they sent it asap for free). Sometimes I have to go over crumbs etc a few times to pick them up but overall I love this vacuum. Only thing I don’t like is when battery runs out you can’t use it for a while. I wish you could plug it into the charge cable and keep using it.

Purchased in November 2016 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Maureen

MaureenIllawarra, NSW

Perfect vacuum love love love my new Dyson

Wonderful vacuum cleaner easy to use simple to set up ready to go at any time no cords no hassels should have bought it a long time ago happy housewife

Purchased in August 2019.

Battery Life

Excellent product from an excellent brand.

I have had a Dyson V8 Absolute for about three months now and it has definitely been one of the better purchases I've made (!). It is easy to use and easy to install. It has enough power to run for 15-30 minutes and I have yet to run out of battery during use (and I use it a lot!). It is has many different attachments to use for hard floor, smaller areas etc - they all work quite well.

I have not had any problems with this Dyson V8 Absolute model. I'd recommend this product to friends and family!

Purchased in April 2019 at Dyson for $350.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Anne-Maree Gillies

Anne-Maree GilliesSydney, NSW

Cat owners need this in their lives

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Peeb

PeebPerth, WA

Perfect! Best product ever bought.

I use the V8 Absolute on carpet and wood flooring and it is the best. Both floor types get cleaned really well without a hassle. It works really well on the carpet and wood floor and cannot believe the powerful suction.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer.

Ankur

AnkurSydney, NSW

Best vacume bought ever

I own 4 different types of vacuums and to be honest this is by far the best investment I have made. this tinny machine does all types of floors and gets used every single day. If you looking to by this product do not look further. I was skeptical about the battery life but it I can easily clean 2 story house in single charge that i 1 entire level of tiled floor and 1 floor with carpeted areas. I highly recommend this product.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $579.00.

Beryl B

Beryl BCentral, SA

Don’t know why I waited so long.

I use this vacuum on tiles and carpet. There is no head or component changing one head does the task. Lots of suction with the carpet and it just glides.

Purchased in December 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores for $899.00.

Lucy

LucySydney, NSW

Very happy with the vacuum!

I use the vacuum for my timber floor, I used all the time, it’s lighter than my old one, easy to clean, charge and store, also doing good job, I like it! Recommend for the people want to buy the good vacuum to clean their home!

Purchased in March 2019.

Floor Type Wood

JLb

JLbGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Handy vacuum for a quick clean but wall mount feels flimsy

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Online Store for $500.00.

Floor Type Wood
Jaz

JazSydney, NSW

Great vac

Great vac for any sort of floor. Love it...can possibly use in any sort of floor. I have had 3 Dyson so far and haven’t looked at any other brand since my first machine

Purchased in March 2019.

John Z

John ZAdelaide

Love this for quick cleaning

Polished concrete, carpet and tiles works well on all floor surfaces also use to vacuum my Venetian blinds easy to use. Only need a wall to store so space saving

Purchased in December 2018.

SlayerJ

SlayerJSydney, NSW

AMAZING

I have used this for a while now and I am in love with it. It is so convenient and easy to use. When I am busy (which is all the time), I will take this and run around the house quickly to clean some part of the house. It picks up so much dirt and rubbish which surprised me because I clean everyday. It provide a deep clean that leaves me amazed all the time.

Purchased in February 2018.

Jane

JaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Really good although needs some care

Purchased in June 2018 at eBay for $569.00.

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

Changes the way you clean

Very light and easily to manoeuvre around my house. This machine has great suction & it’s easy to empty once full.
Product comes with a number of attachments that provide better performance on different surfaces and in small, hard to reach areas.
This product was thought out & designed very well.
Happy with my choice, highly recommend to others :)

Purchased in April 2018 at Dyson for $500.00.

Ross B.

Ross B.asked

Hi,

Bought the unit about 2 years ago. Use it at least weekly for our apartment.

Until a few months ago I could easily vacuum our whole place on ONE full charge - however now I can only get about 75% done by comparison.

Secondly, I have also notice that even on a full charge, the Max setting now only works for maybe a minute or two if you are lucky - so I then have to quickly plug it back in for for second, which then really only allows me to use the normal setting for a bit more time.

Any comment or advise or help on the above issues?

Minh

Sounds normal that overtime battery will erode as it is consumable. When it gets to a point that it is no longer suitable for your need, call Dyson and order a new battery. It will work as new again.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing a short run time from your Dyson V8.

If your Dyson V8 is working well otherwise (i.e. picking up dust and debris) and the charger lights up when the machine is plugged in, it would indicate the battery on the machine would need to be replaced. You can purchase a replacement battery for the Dyson V8 here: https://shop.dyson.com.au/spare-parts/battery-967834-02

If this isn't the case, the machine is under two years old, or you have any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Mr t

Mr tasked

‏Hello I just bought mine, v 8 and I have a question. The vacuum cleaner should warm up while working.   Or stay could?

Ilka

Ilkaasked

I (very excitedly) just opened the box on my BRAND NEW Dyson V8 Absolute, read all the instructions and then plugged it in to charge. Unfortunately the charge light only comes on RED, flashes twice and then does NOT charge at all. Brand new! Just opened! I’m really disappointed and am hoping that it is just something simple. Any suggestions please? I’m really looking forward to zapping up all the cat hair from my couch and doing my hard floors (of which there are many) without an ineffective soft broom which takes forever. Please HELP!
Ilka

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear about this Ilka, this sounds like something isn't quite right.

If you could please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details, our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly and happy to help get this sorted for you.

Carol W.

Have just put a new full charged battery in my Dyson 31 but still have no power going into dyson help

Cy 24532220

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

CategoryStick Vacuum Cleaners