Dyson V8 Absolute

See the Best Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (74) · No (78)
  • Battery Life

james1950l
james1950l

Battery only lasts 5 minutes

Battery only lasts 5 minutes!! Feels like it’s going to break in your hand while using it. After 6 months the battery failed and the spinning attachment broke so Dyson sent me a new replacement battery but same problem only last 5 minutes. It takes 2 full charges (4 hours) to vacuum my small 1 bedroom apartment. Other than that it does work well at vacuuming floors.

Purchased in for $800.

Steven Davies
Steven Davies

Super efficient and easy to use

We have used our Dyson cordless vacuum for over 12 months now and find it to be so efficient on all types of flooring and so very easy to use. The life of the battery pleasantly surprised us along with the attachments for other uses such as car cleaning.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $1,200.

Anthony
AnthonyAU

The best Vac power suction yet.

Purchased in at The Good Guys.

Brodie
Brodie

Great Dyson, would definitely recommend

I use this dyson on my vinyl plank flooring and carpet. The battery life is good for a stick dyson and I’m super happy with the job it does and how much it collects each use

Purchased in for $589.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson V8 Absolute compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Corinne B.
Corinne B.Sydney, NSW

Low battery longevity

On the maximum setting, it goes flat after 10mins. It lasts longer on the standard setting, but not as strong. Vacuuming anticipating it to go flat. Had to keep the old corded vacuum for times when the whole house needs to vacuumed. It also can't pick up raw rice from tiles on either setting.

Purchased in at Dyson for $800.

DysonDysonSend a private message

This vacuum is excellent around the house and car.

It is vary handy for my wife to use as it is not bulky and does a fantastic job, it is excellent on laminate flooring and rugs, and plush carpets.

Purchased in for $199.

Neil and Carol Sturrock
Neil and Carol SturrockRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great for small houses

If you have a medium to large house a second battery would be required to complete or so it in two stages.
Product is fine and powerful. The hanger for charging is great

Purchased in for $499.

How to remove mould and prevent it from coming back

With heavy wet weather affecting many parts of the country, knowing how to treat mould and prevent it from coming back can help you keep your home comfortable and dry.

how-to-remove-mould-and-prevent-it-from-coming-back

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Carolyn G.
Carolyn G.Southwest, VIC

Perfect for all age groups

Great for all surfaces,I used this on both my tiles wooden floor and carpet were my pets go and it's fantastic.
The best thing is no leaning over to swap plugs in different areas of your house and do easy on the stairs.
Light weight ,super easy to use and fabulous suction which my old brand didn't have.Grest work Dyson

Anne W.
Anne W.Queensland

Love it

Love my Dyson, I use it on my tile floors. Ive had back surgery and my Dyson is so light and easy to move around. It saves me so much pain

Purchased in at Big W for $399.

Tara
TaraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor choice

-i use my cordless dyson on carpet and floorboards
-this dyson doesn't have the battery life to cover a 72sqm apartment in one go
- dusty air comes out of the dyson filter
- dyson doesn't pick up all the dirt either
- very unhappy with my cordless dyson
- Easy to empty filter
- difficult to maintain

Purchased in for $499.

• Battery Life
DysonDysonSend a private message

For assistance with your machine, Tara, please reach out to our experts. We're keen to help get your machine working as it should. Our methods of contact can be found here:

Loving it

Amazing job loving the product great vacuum definitely recommended it I am looking into buying other products from dyson for example another vacuum cleaner for the car because I need one for my car

Jaimee Wiese
Jaimee WiesePerth, WA

Lightweight beast!

This vacuum is great! I use on my hardwood floors and carpet and it works great. Comes with multiple attachments - the best is the mini motorised head which is perfect for carpets and couches and gets every bit of dust. The hard surface head doesn’t scratch my hardwood floors either. Profile is sleek too so it can hang in my pantry. Only issue I have is the battery… doesn’t last as long as I would like it to.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $899.

Loyola Gomes
Loyola Gomes

Perfect for older people who have difficulty in handling heavy items

Tile and carpet. Love how it works on both the floors without any height adjustments. Collects a lot of dirt and easy to empty the canister. The battery lasts for quiet a while.

Purchased at Dyson.

Erin L.
Erin L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Every house needs one!

The V8 is the perfect in every way. It’s not heavy, it has many heads to clean all the corners, vents, carpet, floor boards and stairs. I couldn’t imagine buying anything else to clean my house with

Purchased in at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $999.

Shazia Nehal
Shazia NehalGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best user friendly vacuum clearance i have ever used makes like so easy in love with 10 on 10

I use this vacuum cleaner on tiles, carpet and timber flooring as I have tiles downstairs, carpets in rooms and timber flooring upstairs it works wonders on all the three as you have different attached it picks the minute dirst and dust and fine hairs as well!!

Purchased in at Harvey Norman Big Buys.

Annieasked
V8 Absolute

Do the filters on the V8 wear out. I have a V8 which is a few years old but the filters keep clogging or I think it is that as it splutters a lot. I clean the filters but within a short time it is off again. I have checked all the nozzle and there are no clogs there.

amiganut
amiganut
Annie

Thanks. Yes, I have found since that the problem seems to be the head not the filters. I will have to give that a good clean.

Joy
Joyasked
V8 Absolute

having trouble attaching replacement back motor cover and hep filter on Dyson V8 Absolut

DysonDysonSend a private message

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via Facebook Messenger, Live Chat or phone and we will only be happy to help assist with this. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Bev B.asked
V8 Absolute

My Dyson v8 keeps making the barrel full noise even when I’ve just emptied it, I’ve checked for blockages and haven’t found any but it’s still doing it?

Michael W
Michael W

Sorry Bev haven't had any similar issues. Can only suggest asking dyson themselves on line

SteveVB
SteveVB
Bev B.

thanks, will give that a try

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 4 Dyson V8