Dyson V8 Absolute

See the Best Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (64) · No (65)
  • Battery Life

Sheryl
SherylGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very convenient - love it!

Versatile with useful array of attachments. Easy to store with recharge station ensuring always ready to go. Goes straight from carpet to hard floor with ease. Would recommend this product.

Purchased in March 2021 at Dyson for $650.00.

Paula K
Paula KCarlton NSW

Dyson v8 absolute

My husband purchased this for me as our last hand held dyson sadly died after 10 years. It was that good I wanted another, so he bought this one and I was stoked! The old one didn’t have the stick so I can zip around quickly and vacuum without bending down. I love all the attachments it comes with and I can get into all the nooks and crannies. Battery life is brilliant and so easy to empty. Love Love love it.!!!

Purchased in January 2021.

Russell
RussellSydney, NSW

Definitely worth Purchasing

The V8 Dyson works very well on Carpet, wooden and polished concrete floors, it seems to adapt with little effort and as long as the Battery is sufficiently charged it picks od the dust and dirt very well.

Purchased in April 2021 at Harvey Norman for $475.00.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson V8 Absolute compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Vicki T
Vicki TSydney Surrounds, NSW

Never going back to a barrel

I use this on hard floors and carpet, light weight and simple to use. Quick to change over attachments to suit floor type and don't usually need to use Max power, standard power is fine. Recharge is again easy. Use daily if I need too, takes almost no effort. Easy to empty. Terrific suction. No cords Previously had Dyson barrel style and although brillant machine this is a breeze for an older person like myself.

Purchased in February 2021 for $700.00.

Elvira DR M.
Elvira DR M.Sydney, NSW

Great for few years use!

Used it for tiles, carpet and timber flooring, comes with different attachments. Easy and convenient to use by the whole family, but battery runs dry too quickly after few years of use. Still prefers the traditional vacuum as the strength of suction never change .

Purchased in January 2016 at Harvey Norman.

DysonDyson

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
elita m.
elita m.Sydney, NSW

The best

I love the fact how powerful the suction is even though it’s cordless. It is lightweight and easy to use. I am so satisfied with the quality of cleaning. I use it on carpet as well as on floorboard.

Product is used Weekly
Just A Dad
Just A DadAU

Fantastic Vacuum - with some caveats

Purchased in February 2018 for $699.00.

belinda r.
belinda r.North Queensland, QLD

Great, couldn't live without it!!

Vacuum is great on our carpets but awesome on the wooden floors, quick and easy clean up prior to steam mopping..
A++ all the way.. Especially great of you can get the item on special..

Purchased in January 2021 at The Good Guys for $600.00.

Charika
CharikaRivett 2611, ACT

Perfect vacuum for my busy single mother life style.

No codes to pull around, get rid of pet hair and all the mess my kids make. Purchased 3 years ago and used almost everyday.. Not a single hiccup. Washable filters work perfectly. Love it, love it...

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $750.00.

AS14
AS14SYDNEY

Suction is so weak. The worst vacuum cleaner I had

The only good thing about it is that it is cordless and light, goes under most sofas.
But - the suction is terrible. It doesn't clean the dust in the corners. Really weak. You need to have another vacuum cleaner in the house if you want to be able to clean everything.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $600.00.

DysonDyson

Works well until the battery started to die after a year

Purchased in December 2018 at Bing Lee Online store for $489.00.

Mary and Steve
Mary and SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great suction but battery life is poor.

We have owned our V8 Absolute for 4 years and use it daily on soft and hard floors - the absolute comes with a changeable hard floor head and pet hair head. It sucks great on all surfaces but we are now on our third Dyson battery as they keep failing after about 14- 16 months of use. A new battery run time is about 15 minutes on high suction and 30 minutes on low - during 12 months of use battery life slowly reduces to about 10 minutes on high and 20 minutes - at the 16 months we only get 1 minute on high or 2 minutes on low. New original Dyson batteries cost $109 each. Pretty frustrating for such an expensive vacuum.

Purchased in August 2017 for $899.00.

Lisa
LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

So disappointed with the V8 Dyson Stick, had a V6 Animal for a few years as I had two dogs. One of the small wheels broke on the head, and this couldn’t be fix. So I brought buy a new head, with a few months after that the battery stopped charging. I decided to up grade and buy the V8 after spending money on the old one to have it not work. When I first got the V8 it was great, better suction, more power and could get most of the house done. A few years on and now can only vacuum half of the house as the battery goes flat very quickly. Only thing to do is buy another battery, so over spending so much money on the Vacuum & to have to true around a few year later and buy parts.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $899.00.

Lexus Lizzie
Lexus LizzieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor battery life

Excellent when it works. Have had this only a few years and it's not used often but the battery has died already. I don't have enough confidence in this product to put out another $109 for a battery that does not last long. II bought the Dyson believing it was a top quality product but I would not buy a Dyson ever again.

Purchased in January 2017 for $899.00.

Donna
DonnaSydney, NSW

Battery crap

Battery does not last long. It died in less than 2 years. I can't find my receipt so I end up calling them after 2 years which is out of warranty already. I have to pay for battery. I am not happy to pay so I refused. I will never buy Dyson anymore unless they fix the issue with battery.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $540.00.

Read more reviews - page 2See all Dyson V8 reviews

Eliseb
Elisebasked
V8 Absolute

My Dyson V8 gets really hot at the back while I’m using it, too hot to continue using

DysonDyson

While the Dyson V8 can get warm during use, we certainly wouldn't expect it to get hot.

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger and we will be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Raymond
Raymondasked

my name is Raymond
why Dyson charger cable have filter. what the function.

Michael
Michael

It doesn't have filter.

DysonDyson

The charger of your Dyson cord-free machine has a transformer on the plug. This is to ensure the correct power is provided to your machine.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Ways to get in touch can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Pam
Pam asked
V8 Absolute

I have a Dyson v8 Motörhead in my winter home. I’m leaving for 6 months. Should I leave it plugged in or not?

DysonDyson

To maximise battery health, We would encourage fully charging the machine and unplugging it while not in use. Upon your return, charge your machine fully prior to first use.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Please don't hesitate to get in touch. Our contact details can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

William Keir
William Keir

I have a V8 a total Clean which when on Maximum Suction keeps cutting out. No problems when on high suction. The dust bin is emptied regularly & battery is fully charged. Please advise

William Keir.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 4 Dyson V8