Dyson V8 Absolute

Dyson V8 Absolute

Great product - worth it

I live in a pretty small town house (2 bedrooms + 3 floors) and it is very handy to use. Expensive but worth every penny. It performs decently on carpet and floorboards. I would say that if you needed something industrial then you might need to look elsewhere.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for $558.00.

Love it

I have carpet and tiles in my house and two children. The Dyson is great because I can quickly grab it out and use it. The battery life has slightly diminished but it is 3 years old. Love it and recommend it

Purchased in December 2016 at JB Hi-Fi for $699.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

this is perfect cant live without it.

I use this vacume for both timber floors and carpeted areas. keeps my house clean as is so quick to pick up and clean the floors without the added time of pulling out cords and then having to wind them back up or having to constantly having to change power points

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $899.00.

USE IT EVERYDAY

I use this for everything, hard floors, carpet, rugs, bathroom. So easy and use and clean. I love the different attachments and it can get into hard to reach place like my car.

Purchased in February 2018 at The Good Guys for $650.00.

Terrible battery!

Product was a waste of money. Always had battery issues and is now being tossed and replaced by a good old, wont-die-on-me broom.
When it worked, it did a great job. Too bad it only held its charge for 30 seconds.

Purchased in May 2017.

Floor Type Tiles
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Dyson V8 machine. We can understand this would be frustrating and are only happy to help get this sorted for you. Please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com (including your machine's serial number) and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

OK vacuum cleaner but appalling support

For 2+ years the Dyson V8 it did a good job but the battery run time never matched the Dyson claims.
And now like many others, my battery does not hold charge: shows 100% charged but stops after less than 1 minute of use.
Put it back on charge and it shows fully charged again within minutes just to use it for another minute, absolutely useless...
By the way, the charge indicator is a gimmick that never worked properly, from full charge it would go straight into a full stop, a smart machine excelling at telling me why it can't do the job...

So I want to buy a new battery but Dyson's website says:
$85 'No stock - call for assistance' calling the 1800 number advises waiting time of 137 minutes. Their other options (new V11) wait time was 126 minutes.
The 1800 number is the only phone for everything Dyson in Australia, every state has branches but no phone numbers to check for local stock for anything other than walk in.
Retailers selling Dyson products don't bother with spares either.
eBay is full of non genuine Dyson battery listings and I found only one scalper claiming to sell a genuine Dyson battery for $150, but how can I know it is still genuine???

Why is Dyson creating such problems?
Why is the call center eternally overwhelmed?
Instead of excuses, why not get more people to support their products?
Dyson says it wants to go 100% cordless, what's the point if they refuse to sell spare batteries?

Dyson makes fancy looking overpriced products with 0 support enticing people to new models by deliberately not selling major spare parts like batteries.
Avoid anything Dyson!

Purchased in January 2017 at David Jones Perth.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
We do apologise for the delay you have experienced in getting in touch with us. We are working to reduce the wait times and assist every Dyson Owner who gets in touch with us. I trust we have been able to get this sorted for you, however if not, please email your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly and happy to help.What is the point of your standard copy/paste apologies, stop saying what you try to do and DO it now. You have not sorted anything for me as I could never talk to anybody and your website indicates NO battery stock, so what do you think was sorted? Your lack of service forced me to eBay to buy a non genuine battery which arrives in a couple of days and if that fails to perform then this Dyson goes in the rubbish bin where your products belong. To all potential buyers: don't get sucked by Dyson's claims, look elsewhere as you'll end up right here after the warranty expires.

Excellent product - easy to use and cleans well

We use the Dyson on wood and carpet. It picks up more than the wired vacuum cleaner and it's quite easy to do the house on a charge. We use the standard setting. I'm not sure why you'd use the very powerful setting given that the battery will only last 7 minutes instead of 40.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $660.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Good suction but wished the battery life lasted longer

I've always been interested in buying a Dyson vacuum and when I finally did, I wasn't disappointed. The suction was very good and I use this mostly on floorboards and around small corners in the house. However, the battery life only lasts 15-20 minutes each time and it is so frustrating that it runs out of battery so fast and it needs to be charged so often.

Purchased in November 2018.

Battery needed replacement

Our Dyson v8 battery did not hold its charge and needed replacement in less than 2 years . Very frustrating only having less than a minute to vacuum the house on Max setting .

Purchased in May 2017.

Wish it had longer battery life

I’m new to Dyson - I do enjoy the ease of the Dyson however I do wish it had a longer battery life. It runs out at times when I most need it. Great for emergency and quick use but I will probably have to invest in another vacuum that I can rely on for longer .

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for $673.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Battery deteriorated and stopped working

Purchased brand new for over $900 when released. Only have small apartment so hasn't been used too much. Battery lasted less and less each time used and now lasts less than 30 seconds. I emailed Dyson last month and they advised the battery needs replacing for $85. I am only just outside of warranty and Consumer Guarantees Act may help due to the high value of the vacuum, but awaiting response from Dyson on this. Tried calling today and was on hold for over 1 hours even though automated voice advised wait time was '0 mins, 1 second'. Eventually the call dropped out, as could not be answered before the call centre had closed. I was going to upgrade to a V11, but now I am thinking why should I reward a company with poor experience so far on V8 resolution.

Purchased in September 2016 at David Jones Retail Stores.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Sorry to hear you are had trouble getting in touch with us, please be assured we are happy to help and respect your rights under consumer law. That being said, as the battery is a consumable item, outside of the inital Dyson Guarantee, batteries may be chargable. We hope you have been able to get in touch with us, however if not, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.I was able to get through to call centre recently when selecting V11 enquiry option 1 instead of other option 3. I guess sales high priority to answer than other calls for call centre. Agent wasn't overly friendly, but I have ordered replacement battery now as cannot be bothered to try consumer affairs / ACCC. I will be sure to check my battery before 2 year warranty ends next time rather than waiting for it to completely die.

Great machine and easy to use

I was disappointed when the battery died 2 weeks out of warranty. I took it to Godfreys to be repaired and was told by the gentleman that the batteries in these machines could not be replaced so I rang Dyson and was told that this was not correct. The lady there sent me a new battery no charge. I can certainly recommend their after sales service

Purchased in March 2017 at The Good Guys Physical store for $850.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Great idea, poor execution

These machines have such a terrible battery life! With the price point they are at it has been nothing short of totally disappointing, I’ll never purchase Dyson again - what a waste of money!

Purchased in January 2018 for $1,000.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Dyson V8 Absolute. Just to confirm, the V8 has two modes of suction; Max and high power. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide 25-30 minutes on high power mode. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 40 minutes on high power mode. On Max mode, the machine will run for 7 minutes regardless of the tool in use. If your machine is not achieving these run times, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

Great vacuum

Very easy to use. Sits in the middle of my living room and I use it whenever there’s anything on the floor. So much better than the big wired one I used to have

Purchased in December 2018 at Costco for $700.00.

Floor Type Wood

Dyson - says it all

Absolutely gets the job done, great for animal hair and great suction! Amazing for a huge tiled house. Happy to say I own a Dyson vacuum. Definitely worth the money!

Purchased in March 2019.

Floor Type Tiles

Great buy for long term use

We use it on carpet, tiling and vinyl flooring. It has great suction and cleans thoroughly. Very powerful. Read instructions before using them on vinyl. The power suction changes as soon as you change surfaces. Carpet cleaning is super easy.

Purchased in April 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $750.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Super easy to use

My sister was pregnant last year and I bought this for her last year as a gift! I often borrowed it from her to clean my house and it is really convenient and easy to use! Although it’s a bit expensive but i think it’s still worth!
Would recommend it!

Purchased in May 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Good while it lasts

We have two large dogs that shed a lot of fur and as a first time stick vacuum user, it has been great. Initially the vacuum worked well on both hard floors and carpet, picking up dirt left behind by my corded vacuum. But over the past few months the vacuum has started to become quite loose at connection points, it's as though the head is too heavy for the unit to support. The shaft wobbles around, the plastic near the handle is gapping and to top it off the motor head has broken at the hinge. The vacuum has never been misused or dropped. I would expect such an expensive vacuum to last a lot longer. It is hard to justify a new $1000 vacuum every couple of years, durability just isn't there.

Purchased in August 2016.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Hi Brendan, Thank you for taking the time to review your machine. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your machine. While the joints of the machine are engineered to have a small tollerence, the images are not expected. We would kindly ask you to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to assist.UPDATE: Dyson's solution to the above durability issues was for me to purchase a new wand and motorhead at a cost of $175. No thanks. I'll be purchasing a different brand instead.

Great handy little Vacuum.

This is a great small hand held vacuum. It’s great for small areas and for general picking up crumbs etc. The battery does not last for a full 3 bedroom house but it’s very powerful and not very noisy. It’s easy to charge although I find it hard to empty out to get the dust out of the main area. I have to fiddle with it a bit to get it happening. The foot must also be cleaned regularly as it will work intermittent if not cleaned out (figured this out later). It’s great on tiles, wooden floors and carpet. The battery life and how hard it is to fullly empty are the only negatives. Otherwise it’s a great product.

Purchased in August 2017 at Myers for $349.00.

Battery dies

Had 1 yr battery has died, very disappointed especially with the price you pay. Would not recommend. Only use every now and again, so the battery just died, also if you use on max it drains the battery.

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Product is used: Monthly
Floor Type Wood
Hi Gayle, Thank you for reviewing your machine. We are sorry to hear your Dyson V8 Absolute isn't working, however we are happy to help get this rectified. We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch with you and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

I have had my Dyson for about 1 and half years recently it will not charge. I plug the charger in and the red light flashes twice and then goes out. It never get a charge. Could it be the battery or the charger and are these covered by warranty? Thanks

Should the battery case get hot when using?
No haven’t noticed any heating of case at allPlease be assured it is normal for the battery to become warm during use, especially if used on the MAX setting. After use and charging, the battery will start to cool down. We hope this helps, however if we can assist further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist further.

The Dyson cuts out after 10 seconds in the max mode. I can put it back on the charger and it will go again but only for 10 seconds. This only happens in max mode, the machine runs well in normal mode Thanks for your help
Hi there, Thank you for your question. We are sorry to hear about this and will be happy to assist. So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details. Alternatively, please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EDST. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.What response did you get from Dyson? in my case they told me I need to buy a new battery. My second one in less than 3 years.The machine was still under warranty so Dyson sent out a new battery and charging cable. The new battery didn't make any difference however after installing the cable it nows runs perfectly. Very happy with the Dyson support

V8 Absolute