Dyson V8 Absolute

Dyson V8 Absolute

MPN: 36427913

Be prepared to buy a new battery every 1-2 years, other than that it's good

I have my machine for 2.5 years. I am now on my second battery change. The first time it died entirely, now it only runs for 34 seconds on Max mode, and 22 minutes on normal mode.

Currently the battery costs $85 (if I recall correctly it was $79 last year). Here is the official response, via email, from the company:

"We do not have an expected lifespan of a battery as they are a consumable part and the lifespan depends on several different factors such as how often they are used or extreme temperatures.
Your machine's guarantee has expired and batteries are not covered by a warranty as outline in the terms and conditions of the guarantee:

My other fear is that in a few years we will be told that the battery is either too expensive or does not exist anymore. Which makes this very expensive product very expensive to maintain, and possibly gives it a short lifespan.

Other than that the machine itself is pretty good. The only other downside I have heard of is it's flimsiness, and it's tendency to break easily (not my experience, I am extremely careful with it). I assume it's the price to pay for light-weight.

Purchased for $850.00.

Bad
Terrible
OK
Noise Level
Normal
Battery Life
Bad
Product is used: Several times a week
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Another heads-up: I initially liked the machine a lot, so I was about to buy one as a present to my mother who lives in another country. Based on my battery experience, I am glad I did not.

Great machine

The motor may be small, but the suction power is incredible. Perfect for cleaning up around the house. the cordless machine is super convenient and very practical for anyone. I use this on a near daily basis and love it.

Purchased .

Noise Level
Quiet
Battery Life
Good
Product is used: Daily
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

First time user of a Dyson, amazing unit, light,simple to use extremely efficient, recommend to anyo

This is the ultimate vacuum cleaner for the average size home, works just great on carpet,vinyl, tiles and upholstery,lightweight and so easy to use and clean.The two level suction facility is amazing, ideal for hard to reach corners and under furniture. Have also used it in the car as it converts to a handheld. Would recommend it to anyone.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

run time/ battery/ hard floor tool

I bought this model thinking it may have stronger suction and longer run time than my previous V6, however yes it did to begin with but 3 months down the track it lasts no longer than the V6. the problem is the battery wears down after such time therefore rendering it no better than any other brand out there except your throwing away $$$ for nothing in comparison to any other brand that's cordless. Also their hardfloor tool is so small it takes twice as long to do the job in comparison to the other brands that allows you to buy a generic brand floor tool that's twice as big and covers a bigger area getting the job done in no time and not using all the battery power in 5 minutes like the dyson. Wouldn't buy another one certainly not worth the money.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to review your Dyson V8. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Dyson machine and experiencing difficulties, we are happy to assist. So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Shan

Heavy, split out playdoh

Heavy and it designed for tall
If your less than 170cm, think about it.
I am such a trouble, stick is not adjustable so too long for me.
But the issues with me becoz I am short. Maybe okey for other.
If the stick is adjustable will be great.

Not powerful as imagined, little bit disappointed. But okey not as much price.

Scratch very easily, i was really carefully used at first day, but it scratched few in one day.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Great Vacuum

I bought this vacuum from tobydeals for much less than advertised in Australian shops. It is a great vacuum. Very lightweight and easy to use (my 3.5 year old can do it on his own!). It has lots of useful attachments and does a really nice job.

It has a very strong suction and the charge last enough to do my whole house. I use it on wood and carpeted floors.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Love it - vacuumming is so much easier now!

Purchased this last January during the Boxing Day/New year sale from Harvey Norman. I was initially worried about the unit being too heavy on my wrist but turned out no problem actually. It's not a vacuum cleaner that you use once a week to clean your whole house because the battery won't last that long. The idea is that you have it handy so that you do bits of your house everyday. I split bedrooms, living areas, kitchen/laundry and bathrooms into separate days and that works really well. I feel my home is cleaner as a result of regularly cleaning away.

It's great for spot cleaning, particularly after the mess left behind by kids and meal time. Great suction on both floorboards and carpet. My machine came with a range of useful attachments such as floorboard head, carpet head, and pointy attachment for spot cleaning. I've it wall mounted by an electrician and it's so so so handy. Won't go back to my old Samsung vacuum cleaner (which was actually very good too) because the V8 is so compact and convenient to use on a daily basis. Very easy to clean too. Just press a button to empty the cannister and then rinse the filters once a month. Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great product, AMAZING customer service

Purchased our V8 in 2017, have been very happy with it. We've also bought other V8s as gifts for family members.
Recently the battery life has been rapidly decreasing. Contacted Dyson via email as recommended by the Dyson reps on the other thread ( https://www.productreview.com.au/qa/dyson-v8/m/absolute.html ). Our email was sent after 7pm (their closing time is listed as 7pm), yet we had an email response within 5 minutes ... no, I'm not joking. 5 minutes response time. The rep registered our product, sent us a warranty certificate, ordered a replacement part, and wrote an email of explanation. We are very, very impressed. Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Dyson V8, Power To Clean.

We have owned this Dyson V8 cordless for just over a year now, (Xmas 2017) it performs so well on our floors, both tiles and carpet, so easy to use under the kitchen table, beds etc. Being twelve months old we thought the Battery would have had less time in usage but we still get 40/45 min on high as we did when it was new. We have used this Vac ranging from 10 min up to 45 min and flattening the battery, If you are looking for a Vac that is very light in weight, easy to maneuver around furniture and at a really great price we recommend these Dyson Cordless Vac's..

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Love it - picks up so much dust, so easily

Bought on sale from Myer and couldn't be happier. The power cleaner head is awesome on carpet - the amount of dust left by my previous vacuum was incredible. Has made my carpets much softer and fluffier. The soft head is great on tile and wooden floors and the whole unit is so agile and easy to use that I can clean in about half the time it took me previously. I tend to use the max power mode in the bedroom to get all the dust and hair and the normal power everywhere else as I mop these floors once a week after vacuuming anyway. I have found it far more pleasurable (never thought I'd say that) to vacuum and tend to do it more regularly as it's just so easy to grab the V8 from the charger rather than roll out the old cumbersome unit and plug it in etc. The head is on a super easy to manoeuvre pivot joint so it's great for corners or around the back of furniture. I found emptying it to be easy and effective and the whole thing seems to be very well made. Great job Dyson!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great vacum, but batttery could be better.

The V8 from Dyson is a great vacum, suction is amazing, and the convenience of just grabbing it, no power leads is awesome, what lets it down is the battery only lasts about 7minutes on HIGH level of suction with powerhead. Orher then the battery being short. It is Perfect.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Just Perfect

We bought Dyson V8 absolute vacuum cleaner and it's just perfect for my carpet and tiles area. It's works like magic, now my house looks super clean, very easy to operate as its cordless. Very much satisfied with this product and will highly recommend to anyone to buy this vacuum cleaner.

Electric shock every 4-5 seconds while in use

Getting shock every time I pull the trigger. This happens whenever I use it with one of the motorized attachments on my couch or carpet. Shock comes from the charging port which is located on the handle. Poor design? For this type of product and price it's absolutely unacceptable, I can not use this vacuum because it's unbearable. Dysons response to this issue was: wipe it down with dryer cloth. I would have to keep wiping it down after every 3 seconds to avoid the shock after every 4-5 seconds.

Absolute beauty

This cordless vacuum cleaner is a wiz. Great suction with 2 settings most of the time all you need is normal suction but turbo is handy for vacuuming out the car with the ground in dirt. It is convenient to use as there is no cord and no hose to lug around. With the charger all you do is put it in position and it charges quickly and conveniently. I have only the one vacuum cleaner now as this carries out all tasks and is easy to empty with no mess. I definitely recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Love it

This thing is the best thing I’ve ever bought. Easy to empty, easy to grab and give a quick cleanup. I thought I had a good conventional plug in vacuum...this Dyson picked up so much more. Came with lots of cleaning heads and a handy bag to keep them in. Great to clean the car too.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Loving my new Dyson

Like the absolute convenience of the cordless vacuum compared to dragging out the old Miele. Works just as well as the conventional vacuum on both timber and carpet and only having 7 minutes of max power doesn't appear to be an issue as yet as I only need max power for my japanese acrylic rug.

Its very good

This is my initial review as I just purchased the product in November 2018. I will come back and put a review later after a year to address any issue. I am enjoying the product very much as its so easy to clean the carpet using Dyson v8. It also comes with other attachments so You can use it on solid floors, car an sofa etc. I can clean my apartment(around 120 SQM) in a single charge. It takes around 4-4.5 Hrs to fully charge the battery.

What a great machine

I have recently bought this vacuum and I am so sad that I will have to throw my expensive Electrolux cord vacuum anytime soon now. This vacuum comes with a lot of accessories so very helpful in cleaning car , kitchen and small corners. Although I am not used to the new way of emptying the bin but as my wife's hair will not tangle in this vacuum it's easier to clean

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Throw your corded vacuum away!!!

So happy when we puchased our Dyson online from Myers! Love the ease of not having to pull the cord out and plug in and change power points when vacuuming each room! The box came with a wall mount and about 4 other attachments. I’m amazed at just how much this little machine picks up! Every day I vacuum and love that my Dyson doesn’t miss a drop of dust! I would love to see an attachment with a bendy hose as I like to use it to clean out the car! Asides from that that 5 stars for me!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Battery weak

Battery lasts about 5 minutes on high speed. Regret this purchase. I thought for $1000 it would last longer than 19 months. I have 3 dyson machines at home but this purchase being the most expensive was a faith purchase. Unfortunately that faith was misguided. No more dysons for me.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your Dyson V8. While this machine will provide 6 minutes on MAX mode, on high power it will provide 25-40 depending on the tool selected. For assistance with your machine or to discuss your concerns further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch. Best wishes, ShanThanks for the reply. I have sorted the issue with new filters. Too bad dyson can't add some spare filters in the original purchase. The filters I bought are non genuine I suspect as the dyson filters seem expensive.Hi there, Thank you for your reply. Glad to hear it, however we always recommend using Dyson Genuine Components to ensure your machine works as it should. For a V8, at time of writing, the Pre Filter is $15, and the Post Filter is $35. Should you wish to order, please give us a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EDST. Best wishes, Shan

Hi, I am very disappointed that I cannot vacuum for even 2 minutes without the battery completely dying out, after being fully charged! What is going on? I expected much better from this brand, and that’s why I spent the big $$$. Very underwhelming and disappointing.
Oh, we have exactly same problem. At first it ran for 7 - 9 mins., two days ago phhht.Same here, there seems to be a theme, the company needs to take a good look at it. First time I called them about the problem (in that case the battery died completely) they replaced the battery, but the agent acted as if I was trying to con them. Now, about a year later the new battery is also playing up as you described.Hi Vicky, Thank you for your query. I am sorry to hear about this. We will be more than happy to help diagnose your machine and assist with a resolution. So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

My dyson v8 charge is always running out of charge , what can I do?
Hi Rachel, Thank you for your query. The V8 has two modes of suction; Max and high power. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide 25-30 minutes on high power mode. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 40 minutes on high power mode. On Max mode, the machine will run for 7 minutes regardless of the tool in use. If your machine isn't achieving these run times, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help. Best wishes, Shan

My Dyson V8 is about 18 months old. It cuts out while in use after about 5min on normal and about 2mon on max. IF I then place it on charge it shows 2 LEDs and is immediately possible to use again for another 5 min (so definitely not flat). Help?
This more or less matches my observations.Hi Nic, Thank you for your query. Sorry to hear about the short run time you are experiencing, this doesn't sound normal at all and we are happy to help. So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

V8 Absolute