Dyson V8 Animal

Dyson V8 Animal

MPN: 36427914

How did I live without it!

Love this product as I don't need to find a power point. It is lightweight and easy to charge. It has changed my whole vacuuming habits as I don't need to vacuum the whole house in one hit.
I also love the V8 as it has the wooden floor attachment which is soft and fluffy and doesn't hurt my floors.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $797.00.

Good product

Good run out model deal. Is great for picking up animal hair. Ease of use has me vacuuming every day now. Only criticism is the colour on the stick scraped off in 2 seconds flat under the divan.

Purchased .

Love it.

Great stick vacuum. We have a dog that sheds a huge amount of hair and this vacuum is extremely effective at picking it up of all surfaces, including the couches.

Purchased for $800.00.

Battery Life
Product is used: Several times a week
Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Terrible Waste of Money !

More suction from a 1200 watt cheapie vacuum . Short battery life barely 10 min definitely not enough for a whol house clean . Seems to suck up then deposit elsewhere once finger is off the trigger . Canister jams . Ripoff !

Purchased for $799.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

last 20 mins

The vacuum cleaner only last for 20 mins for every charge. It makes difficult to vacuum a big house. Have to do it in multiple sessions and there is air blowing out from the handle end which makes me feel the dust is actually blowing into my face. I would definitely go back to traditional vacuum cleaner next time.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Can’t live without it.

I have both carpet,tiles & bamboo flooring. This vacuum cleaner adjusts easily across all surfaces.
I use this vacuum everyday to do a quick clean up.
The attachments are all very useful & easily adjusted.

Purchased for $550.00.

Floor Type Wood

Non existent customer service if you have a problem

I cannot recommend a Dyson Vacuums and would never buy one again! We've had our Dyson V8 animal for less than 6 months. It hasn't worked for over a month of that time. Dyson are dreadful to deal with, you never get the same person twice. They have sent us this part and that part to replace and still the machine doesn't work. At this point you would think that (with a machine that is less than 6 months old) they would simply do the right thing replace the entire machine through Harvey Norman where we bought it. But not so. We are told we have to package it up and send it off for repair and it will be gone at least two weeks. So now 2 months of 6 months ownership without a vacuum. Then they start texting me on my phone and so I reply but every new text is from a different Dyson person who doesn't know what the last person said. We were told by one person, 'take it to Harvey Norman to replace it,' so we do but then Dyson won't give Harvey Norman the RA number they need to replace the machine and won't believe we were sent text messages and so the poor Harvey Norman girl takes photos and emails the texts to Dyson who still refuse to budge and now the V8 goes off to Sydney. Dreadful dreadful dreadful customer service!!! In fact non existent customer service. Considering you need a 2nd mortgage to buy these machines the customer service should be exemplary. Dyson seriously need to change their corporate culture and attitude towards customers as word will spread. Isn't it against the law in Australia Consumer Law to not replace a faulty product!!!!!

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Wood
Hi there, I am sorry to hear about this. We certainly wouldn't expect you to take a four hour trip to our service providers as we can send parts and also provide mail in options at our cost during the guarantee period in addition to any resolutions offered by the retailer. We would value the opportunity to look into this and assist if you could kindly email your review and details to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Once recieved, we will be in touch to assist. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, ShanDear Dyson we have already changed all the parts sent to us and still it doesn't work. It shouldn't be this hard to get a working unit when it is only 4 months old We will email you as suggested :(So I contacted Dyson as per the suggestion above and basically Dyson washed their hands of it and said to take it back to Harvey Norman. Last time we buy a Dyson! They have offered to send it via Australia Post to a service repairer but we have to find a box and package it all up and there is no mention of how it will come back to us And we will be without a vacuum for a number of weeks. So basically this stupid thing has been not working as long as its been working which is dreadful considering you need to take out a second mortgage to buy the thing.

Makes life easier

Who would of thought that a small extension hose would make life so much easier. We use it with our V8 animal stick, so the hand held vacuum can now be used in the car and in all nooks and crannies. A must have accessory.

Perfect for everyday use

I use the v8 Dyson on carpet rugs, tiles & wooden floors perfect on all conditions, I use it everyday as I have small children always dropping things on the floor & its so easy & convenient to use I literally plug it in to charge & it charges to last for 20 mins

Waste of money GARBAGE!

LOL I had to put that there, I paid $700 for a “state of the art” piece of technology that turned out to be utter JUNK! Ok so firstly, dealing with Dyson, ha! My previous experience wasn’t great because my upright died just after warranty ran out add some miscommunication and it almost cost me more to fix something then to replace it. ANYWAY, on the other note, I had a problem with a part on this particular machine and they replace it straight away in the mail.

Ok, so I can vacuum my whole house (up and down) and my lounge on min power. Max power I have to pick one then charge it for 5 hours which I don’t have 2 days to clean my house.
So min power, I think by the time I’m done I’ve vacuumed my house 3 times. Oh and don’t get me started in tiny specs of food, or rocks, or anything that packs a bit of weight, I have to position it in the middle and place the vacuum carefully down so much so not to blow the piece in reference out of the way, just to suck it up. So suction is crap. There is no blockage! I clean and service it once a month or when needed, so it’s not that. That’s just in tiles lol. And once a day so it isn’t THAT dirty.

Now carpet, again I find myself going over the same spots to pick up tiny little specks of paint or food.

Anyway on a lighter note, it’s light, it’s awesome now having a cord. But I can’t think of anything positive that is actually useful.

I have kids, I have pets, so I think I might need the v10 or maybe like the v30... we will see. Means paying another $900!!! To do the job that the original one is supposed to.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Charge is really bad

My dyson is mounted on the wall on charge all day however when I use it the charge is only lasting less than 4 minutes. I cannot even finish vacuuming my living room which is tiled, the charge runs out even quicker on carpet. Have had the product a year and it has been taken care of. Not happy that my housework is taking me so long now that I have to wait for it to charge again only to get another few minutes

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great vac

This vac is just so powerful compared to the last piece of rubbish I had. The battery lasts and lasts. It's strong enough to do all the carpet in my house, although it is a small house. The charge time is quick and even my young son can use it it is so easy

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Motor failed just after 2 yr warranty

Although the vacuum itself was convenient and did its job, we were somewhat disappointed that it only had a lifespan of 2 years prior to the motor failing. We took it back to store to which they responded that the period was just outside its 2 year warranty date (convenient). So sure buy the vacuum but anticipate that you may have to purchase a new one in 2 years. Stick with the old, corded, longer lasting reliable vacuums till they actually create a decent long lasting, cordless one.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi there, I am sorry to hear about this, regardless of the guarantee status, we are happy to help. We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

Fantastic V8 Animal

I have hard wood floors and deep wool rugs and carpets. It performs well on hardwood,big pieces it flicks around but small debris and dust and hair it is excellent. Where it excels is on the rugs and carpets. I did a once over on normal mode where it picked up a lot of debris, then i put it on Max mode and oh my I though I had clean rugs, but NO this animal picked up thick dust and silts that must have been there for years. I had to empty the pot. I was so amazed I took a photo. O course I knew the Max mode lasts only a few minutes but long enough to deep clean my rugs. The rest I did the next day.
I am blown away, I can highly recommend this V8. I have a large two story house and on Normal power it does it all. So now deep cleaning will only need to be done occasionally. It was expensive but well worth the money.
I would give it 5 out of 5 if the battery on Max lasted longer.
This machine would be a boon for allergy sufferers.

Poor Battery Life

We've had our Dyson for a bit over 12 months. We both suffer from arthritic pain in the wrists. We thought the Dyson would be much easier to use. Which it is. There's heaps of suction, and its a breeze to use, much easier than dragging the old barrel type around, but the battery life is pretty poor and getting worse with age.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Massive discount price match for $479 delivered from dyson. Great product just too expensive to upgr

changed the world. vaccum and kept clean so much more.
The absolute cost about $100 more and should had it go then .

you could get the v10 at 25% discount from dyson if you have a very very old dyson model.

works from the box and super easy to clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Life changing

I was going to get my Dyson DC24 serviced for a second time in it's nearly decade life, the service centre gave me a few options and one was getting a % off the best price I could find a new Dyson at from a retailer. I can't believe the difference, I thought the old vacuum was OK but this one gets so much more, in less time and weighs next to nothing. If you have pets and any combination of surfaces you need one of these in your life.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Very happy

Had my Dyson 2 weeks now and really am impressed with it. I have solid wood, tiles and carpet and all surfaces get a good cleaning. Use high mode on my heavy carpet and still manage to clean the whole house on one charge. Am concerned that the battery may not last after reading the Q&A but Dyson seem to have full support. Have receipt so not anticipating any issues.
Great machine. Love it!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Dyson V8

Thank product is AMAZING. It has revolutionised the way we clean. We now find cleaning a joy, not a chore. We have a small baby and our house gets very messy. We can conveniently and quickly get the Dyson out and clean up the mess that has been made. Incredible

Great product!

Love the power in the vacuum, particularly to get stubborn cat fur out of carpet! The lightweight machine enables an ease of use. Great to use on carpet and floorboards. Different heads are great to use for hard to reach areas and skirting boards. Would love a longer battery life when on extreme mode.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

My V8 animal runs for 30 seconds to a minute on full power and then dies. The length of performance on the lower setting is, as should be expected, longer. We keep the filters clean and check the charge before using. My son has the V6 animal and never has the problems we have had with the V8. This seems to be a pattern for this machine. Is there a fix? The machine is not our main vacuum cleaner so is not over used but it is very frustrating and given the reputation of Dyson I was expecting much better performance. It is only two years old.
Call Dyson servicing, sorry no idea!Hi Gail, Thank you for your question. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine. We'll be happy to help resolve this issue however we require further information. Please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy or email your details through to aucustomercare@dyson.com. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Samuel

do I empty the v8 animal dust chamber before returning to wall?
Yes, I always empty it before recharging, but you don't have too.Hi there, Thank you for your query. While we do recommend to empty the machine after each use, it isn't necessary to empty the machine prior to charging. I hope this helps, however if we can assist further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly. Best wishes, Shan

My Dyson v8, will only run for 2 minutes on a charge, used to be about 15 minutes (full power) should I send it back or dies it require a new battery?
Hi Brian, Thank you for your query, we are happy to help. To confirm, The V8 has two modes of suction; Max and high power. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide 25-30 minutes on high power mode. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 40 minutes on high power mode. On Max mode, the machine will run for 7 minutes regardless of the tool in use. If your machine isn't achieving these, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist further. Best wishes, Shan

V8 Animal