7Dyson V8 Animal

Cosgrove
CosgroveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC47 posts
  Verified Top Review Animal

I expected better for $600

I know everyone raves about Dyson and we have had an upright before and loved it, but smaller house now, the stick vac was the obvious choice and I must say, I'm not as impressed as others.
Is it an OK vac? Yes
Is it a great vac? No
We use this on hybrid, tile and carpet

Pros:
-easy to get out and use
-power head is really good on carpet and rugs
-accessories you get are good and useful
-easy to empty bin
-not overly noisy
-vacuum power head is great to maneuver
-using as a hand vac its good for car with small power head
-ok on tiles and hybrid flooring

Cons:
-price, it is just not worth the money overall
-the design of the handle, it puts pressure on my wrist to use
-I find the need to use it in turbo mode all the time, and that lasts 7 mins! The suction is just not great
-overall the battery life of 30 mins is ok, not great
-no option to switch out batteries, or plug in power and with a long cord use it ongoing indefinitely?
-stick is not telescopic, have to take it off if you want to suddenly change to a shorter length
-accessories and the prices are a joke
-the soft roller cleaner is not available in AU outside amazon? why?

After all this, I will be looking at other online info as I think the biggest issue is the suction is not great so considering if it is an issue with unit.

Purchased in at Dyson for $597.

• Product is used: Weekly
  • Pet Owner: No
  • Floor Type: Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
ShariR
ShariRNorth Queensland, QLD6 posts
  Top Review Animal

My favourite toy!!!

So.. I always hated vacuuming. Getting the heavy vacuum out, emptying it out, those paper bags and it was all just such a big effort. Then I lashed out in 2017 and got the Dyson Animal V8. At the time it was like top of the range and I nearly died at how much I was going to pay for it. But then I got home, charged it and BAM... I’m in love!!
Honestly so light, so easy to use just guides over the tiles, the wooden floors, the rugs. Small and easily fits under those corners and tv unit, lounge etc. so easy!! I use it on the lounge, in the car.. tray back of the Ute.. everywhere I can. Because it’s so light and easy just pick it up and few minutes later everythinf is clean. I love the boosted power helps with dirt on the car floors from kids and boots. Easily charges and does the whole house no worries. Emptying.. no longer a problem I just click the lever and bam it all drops into the bin. No more handling dusty filthy dirt bags and coughing and getting it all over me. Simple, clip back. And slip into dock to Continue to charge for next time. The power astonished me. Previously had a $500 vacuum the size of a wheelie bin.. now, kids spill something and we all race to get to quickly grab the Dyson and bam it’s clean and no one is grumpy! Worth every penny. At end of first year, battery wasn’t charging. Contacted store and was promptly contact by Dyson who immediately sent out a brand new replacement battery free of charge to my door. Slipped it in. Sweet as!! Cannot complain. Best money spend!! Easy, simpler life especially with dirty boots and kids oh and the pet hair... I’ve never known you can actually REALLY remove pet hair from lounges and rugs and car seat covers. Yep Dyson thought of it all! I know Dyson have since brought out newer models.. for us, our V8, 3 years on is still good as new and packed with sucking power. So we’ll stick with this one!

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $999.

• Product is used: Daily
  • Pet Owner: Yes
  • Floor Type: Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Daryl
DarylMetropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts

Better battery

I have V8 cordless vacuum. Battery life always was cr#p. Went on E bay and purchased a aftermarket one. Best thing I ever did. New battery is a 6000mAh compared to Dyson's 2800mAh. Never flattened the new one yet. Easy to install. Remove 3 screws, pull old battery out and reverse procedure and charge to fill. Show details
Leon
LeonSouth East Queensland, QLD51 posts
Dyson
Dyson   DM
MeMe
MeMeSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Absolute legend

Other than DYSON has the best cordless vacuum machine’s they have the absolute best customer service ;) Show details ·  1
Jessica P.
Jessica P.Sydney, NSW11 posts

Cannot live without

So strong and light. Easy to use and very powerful. Show reply
Therese W
Therese WCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC2 posts
  Animal

Always been a dyson fan and the unit has only strengthened my love for them

It's not a vacuum it's my Dyson. I never let anyone use my Dyson because I love using it. Light wait, easy to use, and dose a job that I am proud of. Show details ·  1
Laith D.
Laith D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts
  Animal

Perfect handhold light weight vacum cleaner

Last updated model of the Dyson handheld vacum cleaners, I use it to clean carpet with high power and low power to clean wooden and tile floors.
I also use it to clean the aircondition filters and blinds. Show details ·  1
Ian
IanSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
  Animal

Great vacuum especially if you have pets

Great vacuum for pets, good power and gets all the dog hairs. Great on floor and carpet. The only concern is that when you use the most powerful setting it only lasts 10 minutes.
Overall a great product! Show details
Bec
BecSydney Surrounds, NSW4 posts

Does the job

We have been using our Dyson v8 animal for a few years now, it has been an absolute life saver with young kids. It easily picks up dust and crumbs and is easy to empty and clean. You don’t need to change vacuum heads going from carpet to tile and I love to use the mini upholstery head to clean lounges and bed heads. The only downfall for me is the battery life, full power mode has always drained the battery very quickly. I believe this vacuum will last me a few more years to come, I’ve been very satisfied with my purchase. Show details
Pauline
PaulineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC9 posts

Perfection

This Dyson is just incredible. So easy to use , no dragging big appliance around the house . Picks up dirt so easily and has many attachments for various chores. Would love it if it came with an extra battery option though. Show details
Kat
KatCentral, TAS13 posts
  Animal

Dyson animal is a great vacuum

I love Dyson products and the Dyson animal is a great vacuum. The plus is that it is cordless which means easy to take from room to room. The minus is that the battery doesn't last long and the filters need constantly changing. We have ours serviced and we get new filters so we have spare to hand which I highly recommend so you can just change filters and keep vacuuming. I also recommend the charging stand and all the extra attachments which I have found very useful. Show details
M.Cox
M.CoxSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts
Rosa G.
Rosa G.South Australia4 posts
  Animal

the perfect tool for your home

Dyson brand has been our go-to vacuum cleaner they might be a bit expensive at first but you can see the differences in vacuum cleaners Dyson lasts longer. clean better and are easier to use they come apart for. cleaning which is a bonus in itself my friends and family won't go past Dyson for cleaning Show details
Robyn M.
Robyn M.5 posts
  Animal

Makes my cleaning life easier!

I'm allergic to dust, pollens etc and I'm an asthmatic. So I clean and vac my floors on a daily basis. I decided to try the Dyson V8 Animal and guess what?? I'm so so happy. It's light enough to carry up and down the stairs. It is so easy to use and cleans in seconds and it's not noisy. It also has attachment to get into the hard to reach areas. I now use it to clean my car and it's wonderful. It works on hard surfaces and carpet. It's also really easy to clean. Charging is a breeze. I absolutely recommend the Dyson V8 Animal if you do suffer from asthma or allergies. Show details