Dyson V8 Animal

Dyson V8 Animal

MPN: 36427914

See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kate

KatePerth, WA

Perfect vacuum if I didn't have a pet.....

This vacuum would be prefect if I didn't have my pet Labrador... the big flaw on this vacuum is the waste bucket.. whenever I go to empty it I have to use a knife to get the pet hair from the top.. I believe newer models have had this issue fixed as my mums has a scraper or something that does it for you. It is super annoying, especially has I purchased the animal specific one....
Other then that I absolutely love this vacuum!!! Great battery life and suction is a good as the day I brought it over a year ago!

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

BatteryVictoria

Excellent for animal hair

I use mainly on carpet and its pet hair pick up is excellent, its very convenient and handy for spills etc. Probably a bit small as a main vacuum, I still like to use a power head every two weeks. Easy to use, light and very efficient.

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer Online Store for $599.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

SilvanaQLD, 4209

Love my dyson

I use it both on carpet and floor tiles - I have had it for about a year and now cannot live without it- it makes life easy and I use it everyday. Just letting you guys know this is my second dyson and I still have my first one and it is still going strong.

Purchased in March 2018 at good guys for $628.00.

Nerdy

NerdyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome vacumn cleaner

The dyson animal vacumn cleaner is the one stop cleaner it cleans everything as l have carpet and wood flooring l also use it to vacumn the car out l totally recommend the dyson animal its awesome

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Rose

RoseHunter Region, NSW

Occasional aches or pains in your hands ? beware

Purchased in November 2019 for $599.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Shame they don't tell you about the Battery Life at point of sale

Purchased in August 2015 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet

Juanita A.

Juanita A.Queensland

Soo good in shedding season!

I use it on tiles and plush carpets, furniture and mattresses, anywhere my cats roll up to sleep. It's been great, Abit loud and my long hair gets wrapped around the bottom Wich is annoying but the best animal vac I've had so far.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Stephanie

StephanieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Best Decision Of My Life Buying The V8 Animal

I can not believe the quality of my dyson v8 animal, I am absolutely thrilled with it! My favourite attachment is the little power head, made my jeep look brand new again highly highly recommended!

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $599.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Buddah71

Buddah71Sydney, NSW

Top Product

Recently purchased dyson V8 Animal, excellent vacuum, longer running time compared to other previous models which is great for larger houses, works excellent on all floor surfaces & not having to plug it in at power points is such a bonus.
Keep up the good work Dyson.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $599.00.

Davo

DavoPerth, WA

Awesome Machine

Very happy with our Dyson V8 Animal. We have a 4 bed house with carpet and tile, and it handles these surfaces easily. We were initially concerned the battery wouldn't last cleaning the whole house, but so far it's done it easily. Good selection of attachments. The small power-head is perfect for our lounge suit. We have it hanging up in the laundry, where it's on constant charge, so it's always ready to go. Much more inclined to grab the Dyson than drag out your standard vacuum. No noticeable difference in depth of cleaning of carpets. Highly recommend this vacuum.

Purchased in September 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $800.00.

Martin

MartinSydney, NSW

2 batteries under 4 years - not worth the price it is asking

Purchased at David Jones Retail Stores for $750.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Wood

Sandy

SandySydney, NSW

Great customer service.

Tile and carpet. Performs very well. Rarely bring out the Meile vac. When the battery failed, I rang customer service who looked up my warranty and sent me a brand new battery!

Purchased in January 2016 at Bing Lee Physical store for $700.00.

FreshGal

FreshGal

Not worth it

I bought this thinking it was gonna be a game changer but unfortunately the battery, suction and overall quality really let me down. I’m now considering a Kmart model as it’s cheaper

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Dyson V8 machine.

Our Dyson Experts are available and happy to discuss your concerns. Please just email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch.

DJ21

DJ21South East Queensland, QLD

My fur baby & clean home are both very important to me & the V8 Animal has been the best gift I've ever bought myself!

Life as a dog mum and domestic goddess doesn't always go hand in hand but thanks to the Dyson V8 Animal I am able to have the best of both and it truly is the best gift I've ever bought myself! It was worth the money and reasonably priced! Lightweight, compact, great design and I love everything it does. I've already recommended it to family and friends too because it's that good.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

Jelena

JelenaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Efficiency and great quality

Dyson vaccum V8 Animal using on carpet and tiles recently started using the product in my car as well. Amazing less dust in house since using this product. Great performance!!!

Purchased in April 2019 at Dyson for $799.00.

Glen Busby

Glen BusbyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great appliance can’t do without

Used frequently on carpets and tiles. On carpet, picks up copious quantity of cat fur. On tiles works just as well but can be noisy at times. The wife suffers allergies and find the appliance very helpful

Purchased in January 2018.

Floor Type Carpet

Master of pepper

Master of pepperCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

wifes new lover

I brought this ode vacuum the Dyson v8 animal on special at Harvey Norman for $699 if i remember correctly what more can i say but she loves it (beginning to think more than me) she tried my sisters a v6 model i think and wanted one so much i got sick of hearing about it and surprised her with the v8 animal modal (got this model because the man/child in me liked the name im also a rev head and small dog owner that hates fur everywhere) our house has never been cleaner my garage now has a Dyson dc 3 to use in it happy wife and a happy life thanks Dyson awesome product

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Barbara Aldridge

Barbara AldridgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Vacuum Ever

Will not buy any other brand. Great on tiles and carpet. After sales service is great. Eady to use. I have two dogs and this was why I bought a Dyson.

Purchased in September 2016.

Happy mum59

Happy mum59Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best vacuum cleaner ever!

I have 2 cats, 2 dogs and 2 kids and carpet, wood and tiled floors.
This vacuum cleaner handles dirt, fur and the different floor surfaces with ease.
My couches and chairs are now easy to keep fur free!
Lots of different attachments for different applications.
Light and user friendly and you can get a lot done with each charge.
Cannot recommend this product highly enough.

Purchased in June 2019.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Roxanne

RoxanneSydney, NSW

this is one of the best and top range vacuums

I have 2 fur babies that live indoor with the 6 other adults in the house, we have wooden floors in the main living area of the house as well as the bedrooms, the hall way, back room and laundry have slate floors the vacuum just slides through so easily with no problems in cleaning all the areas.
The amount of hair is just unbelievable that is left around the house due to the 2 fur babies but I can always rely on my Dyson V8 Animal to do a great job in leaving my house nice and clean free of hair.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Katie B.

Katie B.asked

Can the roller head on the animal v8 be cut off for high pile carpet?

Battery

Hm....I dont know, I have a high pile rug which I have to drag backwards over it.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We do apologise for any disappointment, however to provide great performance across both carpets and hard floors, the brushbar is designed toi be used while spinning and can't be turned off.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

jim

jimasked

From the very first day using our V8 Animal, it left marks on the hardwood floor. The marks come up but not without extra time and effort. Since the machine was marketed for carpet and hardwood, I think the company should supply a solution w/o cost. I requested help from Dyson and they sent new wheels which do the same thing. I know many users experience the same marks. Will Dyson give a free solution so that I can feel good about purchasing from the company again? Jim Cochran [email removed]

Silvana

I have actually thru warranty got a new machine because I kept having problems too - I don't know in regards to hard floors but that is a problem you should contact Dyson direct and they are wonderful and helpful and will assist you for free. Just don't be frustrated with them because it isn't the consultant's fault at the end of the day they are just doing their job and if us (the public) don't tell them our problems how are they suppose to know. Good Luck and I hope this helps.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We certainly wouldn't expect any difficulties using machines on hard floors.

We would kindly ask for you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and the serial number of your machine. Once received, our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly and happy to help.

SuziQ

SuziQasked

The direct drive brush roller no longer spins or sucks. Main body of machine works.
Have pulled apart and cleaned machine thoroughly but still not working. Where can I go to in Sydney to get it fixed? Think it might be an electrical issue in the motor.
Thank you.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Direct Drive Head on your V8 Animal, we are happy to help.

We would kindly ask you to run through the checkpoints outlined here as our troubleshooting can solve many problems: https://www.dyson.com.au/SupportHome/Vacuums/Cordless/Dyson-V8-/164526-01/troubleshooting/the-brush-bar-is-not-spinning-on-the-floor-tool

If you continue to experience difficulties or we can assist further, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch very shortly.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives