MPNs: 298903-01, 36427914 and 369398-01

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (75) · No (29)
  • Battery Life

Sarah C.

Sarah C.Sydney, NSW

Not worth your money.

After upgrading from the V6 Dyson to the V8 I found it was pretty much the same.

Max suction still doesn’t pick up anything bigger than dust or fur. You have to go over and over the same spot for anything bigger.

Attachments options are helpful with most jobs in the house but would just pay the extra for a new model of Dyson given the battery time.

Battery time on this machine is poor and I find I still have more cleaning to do after one session of charging.

This vacuum catch’s on mats and pulls up threads.

Tile cleaning is fine but carpet cleaning to collect dust means u need it on MAX suction and it is hard to push along giving u tired arms.

Purchased in December 2019 for $599.00.

Val.Emma

Val.EmmaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Disappointed....

Purchased at David Jones Retail Stores.

elleblitz

elleblitzAU

Wish the battery was a longer lasting

Wish the battery was a little longer lasting. The suction is fantastic though and it is a very convenient design to have it hanging on a wall in my kitchen

Jeff C - Australia

Jeff C - AustraliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Battery life very poor and a "very dumb" battery charger

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $699.00.

Jean

JeanSydney, NSW

The best investment ever

Having children and pets this Dyson is easily my favourite home appliance. My floors are mostly hardwood with some carpet areas. Cordless and super powered, it's a dream to use! Dyson for life.

Purchased at Myer.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Manaaki H.

Manaaki H.South East Queensland, QLD

Very efficient without cord but battery is a major let down over time

Purchased in January 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $599.00.

AMAN

AMANSydney

Use it just about everyday

I use everyday to do a quick vacuum on tiles and loop carpet but wouldn't recommend as my only vacuum, as getting in to small areas such as window sills is quicker with my miele vacuum and battery doesn't last long enough to vacuum the whole house properly, but great for a quick tidy up.
Marked down 1 star cause you have to hold the the power button on continuously and at times get a blister on my finger from it.

sarahss

sarahss

Cannot live without it!

Its amazing, so easy to use and remove all the dirt at the end of the vacuum. Vacuums up everything on my timber floors as well as carpet. I cannot live without it. Worth every penny.

Faulty

My Dyson only 5 months old and it’s faulty with not being able to open dust bin to empty it. Sent emails with no help then rang to be told I must send back and will be weeks to get it back

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

SCC

SCCMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolutely useless

Pet vacuum they say - well the damn thing has so many blockages because it will not suck up pet fur to save itself. Absolutely useless and a waste of money. The battery will NOT run on max any longer, that died before the warranty ran out and Dyson wanted absolutely nothing to do with it - claiming it was a consumable - which is fair, but who expects their battery to die a year and a half after purchase? At this point, it’s effectively a paperweight and Dyson customer service was an absolute joke to deal with. Buyer be warned.

Purchased at David Jones Retail Stores.

Violetta

ViolettaWestern District, VIC

Love stain but .......

I bought the v8 two years ago and mine hasn’t worked well. It starts and stops even though it’s charged and thourouly cleaned. I rang and was told to wash my filter but I can’t open it?
I’m disappointed.... thinking vac would be easier for me.......

MarinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not Happy

I bought a very well recommended product and after 3 and half years of use, the battery does not last more than 5 mins on max mode, the small motorised head has fallen apart and I can't use it and the carpet floor cleaner has bits of plastic breaking off. I have a small house at 14 sqaures and most of it is tiles and floor boards. At $800 I was expecting this to last a bit longer. I have had other brands of cleaners and have never had issues like this. I originally bought this to make vacuuming easier with a cordless product. Not sure if I will buy another one if I can get cheaper cleaners out there with same specifications.

Purchased in September 2016 at JB Hi-Fi for $799.00.

roses

rosesSydney, NSW

Terrible battery life

Vaccuum only runs for 7 minutes on max after being fully charged overnight. Terrible value for money. Only would recommend if you have money to waste or if it’s on 90% off.

Purchased in June 2020 at eBay for $549.00.

Stewart J.

Stewart J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dyson - Very disappointed in what I was promised & sold

very disappointed promised a 20 minute high speed vacuum time I get 8 minutes
cannot exchange battery, on a new high grade Dyson
New vacuum stopped working after short period of time, dust, dirt & usage had created the problem which I thought a vacuum would be designed to handle!!!!
Very expensive - does not deliver the cost
Go for a cheaper option - LG has a good product available which I would choose next time

Lawry Bugeja

Lawry BugejaSouthwest, VIC

Better value to buy a cheap stick vac every 2 years. Triple the life for half the price.

We bought the vac to use as a spot cleaner. We estimated it would get about 20 mins use per day. The first 12 months was fine, however over the last 8-10 months we can only use the vac on low power on limited time. Maximum power lasts less than 1 minute. Our $60 Kogan does a far better job.

Purchased in January 2019 at Westpac Altitude for $800.00.

chefcrosasked

V8 Animal

Can you buy a spare battery for this model?

luvsitwet
luvsitwet

yes just contact dyson australia

DysonDyson

While currently out of stock, when back in stock batteries for the Dyson V8 will be available via this link: https://www.dyson.com.au/dyson-v8-replacement-battery-967834-02

You can see how to replace it via this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axuz5qJfHQ8

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Amacasked

V8 Animal

Hi there, does anyone use this vacuum on wood floors? Does it scratch? Thank you.

purplethings
purplethings

I have been using ours on wooden floor boards and have not had any issues. I know there is another attachment you can purchase if you are concerned that is designed for wooden floors. I have been debating getting it but haven't as yet.

Amac

Great thank you for your response. It’s a big decision!

DysonDyson

The Direct Drive head included with the Dyson V8 Animal is designed to work across carpets and hard floors without causing damage (just make sure the floor tool is undamaged and free of debris first).

Should you have highly polished or delicate hard floors, we would encourage considering a machine with the Soft Roller cleaner head for best results.

Should we be able to assist in your decision, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Wendy B

Wendy Basked

V8 Animal

My Dyson is aprox 3 years old and has suddenly stopped charging, when I plug it in the charging lights do not come on. Do I need a new battery or could it be the charging cable or port that is the problem?

DysonDyson

We'll be happy to help diagnose this and get your machine back up and running. Please just forward your query, details and serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to assist. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 4 Dyson V8