Dyson V8 Animal

Dyson V8 Animal

MPN: 36427914

Best vacuum i have owned

This is by far the best vacuum i have purchased. So worth the money!
Love that it feels as though it deep cleans carpets and properly sucks up pet hair.
It feels pretty powerful, and is really eash to whip around the house!

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for $599.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Life saver for pet owners!

Love how effective this vacuum is for a hand held. I have a dog who loses so much hair and two kids and it is amazing how much suction power it has. Couldn’t live without it now.

Purchased in July 2018 for $649.00.

Battery life

I have been using my Dyson V8 animal for over 2 years and I started noticing battery run time decreasing a few months back. Now once I start vacuuming it stops in a few mins.
When I put back on charge blue light illuminates but goes off after some time. So basically saying it doesn't hold the charge. So I called Dyson and was advised it is out of warranty and I have to pay $85 for the battery. In the beginning, I thought I will just order it but it didn't feel right as the machine was not cheap, and battery not even to last more than 2 years was a bit disappointing. Then I went to research more about the battery and noticed many people have a similar problem.
I am really disappointed with the Dyson product as they charge a premium price for their products, and in return as a customer, we expect the product to be premium quality.
This is my suggestion to all the new buyer if you planning to buy Dyson cordless vacuum be prepared to buy a new battery every 2 year which is just outside the manufacturer warranty.

Purchased in November 2016.

The Best Vacuum cleaner!

The Dyson V8 animal is the first "Dyson vacuum cleaner" my family and I have ever bought and also the very best we have ever used. It is amazing how it is so compact and has better suction power than any of the other vacuum's we have had before where they are actually plugged into the power point.

It has a high suction mode as well that really does a thorough job. No other vacuum compares to how this performs, even though some people might think they are a bit too high priced they really are worth every cent.

Purchased in October 2018 for $605.99.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Use this vacuum on tiles and carpet, works very well. The battery life is really rather very good, and we consider it to be a good upgrade from our last vacuum.

Purchased in January 2019.

Since buying this vacum 23 months ago I have had nothing but trouble it has now died completley

I use this Dyson on my floor boards as well as the carpet, I have only ever been able to get 15 min max out of the fully charged battery, it has now died, I have been trying to ring Dyson for the last 2 days with no luck time expediency keeps going up today 19 min I am still on the phone it has now been 43.47 min expected wait time is 37 min, then it hangs up on you after 120 min press option 1 for call back does not work Very bad on Dyson’s behalf

Purchased in May 2017 at The Good Guys Physical store for $850.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
We do apologise for the delay you experienced. Please be assured we are aware of this delay and working to bring our service levels back to normal. We would kindly ask you to email your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch with you very shortly and happy to help assist with your machine.Hi [Name Removed] rang me last week and has ordered a new replacement battery, however he did say that he was going to ring me back this Monday gone 6th May I still haven't heard back from him this was in regards to my attachments being very loose and in regards to what was happening when the unit was put onto chargeWe are sorry to hear about this Donna, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to follow this up for you.

Love my Dyson!

I love this piece of machinery. I use it so many times a day. It’s so handy and has strong suction. Easy to clean. Recharges well. I use it on all surfaces.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for $599.00.

Great Vac

We use this mostly on timber floors and carpet in the bedrooms - it lasts about 15min on high power or 20mins on lower
Works perfectly just wished I had a powerpoint in the cupboard!!!

Purchased in February 2019 at Kogan.com for $551.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

I love vacuuming now

This vacuum is brilliant. I vacuumed with my old vacuum then straight away used the dyson. The amount of dirt, dust and dog hair the dyson picked up that my old vacuum didnt suck up was a big surprise. I love that you dont have to lug around a big vacuum that bangs in to walls and gets stuck on furniture. The cordless stick design makes vacuuming so easy!

Purchased in June 2017 at JB Hi-Fi.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

I just love this product bought last year from Myer. It woth spending money on it . Very handy. I m very impressed with changing. Once you charge it runs for 30 to 40 mins which is more then enough time to clean the entire house. Very easy to clean the bin of vacuum as well. We don’t have any pet animals but still bought this because our own hair keep falling everywhere in the house and sometimes it sticks to the floor u don’t even notice but this vacuum cleaner does the job perfectly.really love this product.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $799.00.

Appalling Customer Service and Product

We purchased this item back in January 2017, and had nothing but issues with the battery. cutting out and getting so hot. We received a replacement battery in May 2018, after a few back and forth emails with Dyson customer care, unfortunately the battery has again failed, i.e. it will work for a few minutes before cutting out completely. I contacted Dyson customer care, and have now been told this is a consumable item and they have requested $85 replacement fee. For a product so widely sold, surely the battery should last longer than 12 months? What sort of testing is carried out on this product? Are you only meant to use once per week?
anyway suffice to say, I will steer well clear of Dyson products in the future.

Purchased in January 2017 for $699.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

How did I live without it!

Love this product as I don't need to find a power point. It is lightweight and easy to charge. It has changed my whole vacuuming habits as I don't need to vacuum the whole house in one hit.
I also love the V8 as it has the wooden floor attachment which is soft and fluffy and doesn't hurt my floors.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $797.00.

Good product

Good run out model deal. Is great for picking up animal hair. Ease of use has me vacuuming every day now. Only criticism is the colour on the stick scraped off in 2 seconds flat under the divan.

Purchased in January 2019.

Love it.

Great stick vacuum. We have a dog that sheds a huge amount of hair and this vacuum is extremely effective at picking it up of all surfaces, including the couches.

Purchased in January 2019 for $800.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Terrible Waste of Money !

More suction from a 1200 watt cheapie vacuum . Short battery life barely 10 min definitely not enough for a whol house clean . Seems to suck up then deposit elsewhere once finger is off the trigger . Canister jams . Ripoff !

Purchased in October 2018 for $799.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

last 20 mins

The vacuum cleaner only last for 20 mins for every charge. It makes difficult to vacuum a big house. Have to do it in multiple sessions and there is air blowing out from the handle end which makes me feel the dust is actually blowing into my face. I would definitely go back to traditional vacuum cleaner next time.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Can’t live without it.

I have both carpet,tiles & bamboo flooring. This vacuum cleaner adjusts easily across all surfaces.
I use this vacuum everyday to do a quick clean up.
The attachments are all very useful & easily adjusted.

Purchased in September 2018 for $550.00.

Floor Type Wood

Non existent customer service if you have a problem

I cannot recommend a Dyson Vacuums and would never buy one again! We've had our Dyson V8 animal for less than 6 months. It hasn't worked for over a month of that time. Dyson are dreadful to deal with, you never get the same person twice. They have sent us this part and that part to replace and still the machine doesn't work. At this point you would think that (with a machine that is less than 6 months old) they would simply do the right thing replace the entire machine through Harvey Norman where we bought it. But not so. We are told we have to package it up and send it off for repair and it will be gone at least two weeks. So now 2 months of 6 months ownership without a vacuum. Then they start texting me on my phone and so I reply but every new text is from a different Dyson person who doesn't know what the last person said. We were told by one person, 'take it to Harvey Norman to replace it,' so we do but then Dyson won't give Harvey Norman the RA number they need to replace the machine and won't believe we were sent text messages and so the poor Harvey Norman girl takes photos and emails the texts to Dyson who still refuse to budge and now the V8 goes off to Sydney. Dreadful dreadful dreadful customer service!!! In fact non existent customer service. Considering you need a 2nd mortgage to buy these machines the customer service should be exemplary. Dyson seriously need to change their corporate culture and attitude towards customers as word will spread. Isn't it against the law in Australia Consumer Law to not replace a faulty product!!!!!

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Floor Type Wood
Hi there, I am sorry to hear about this. We certainly wouldn't expect you to take a four hour trip to our service providers as we can send parts and also provide mail in options at our cost during the guarantee period in addition to any resolutions offered by the retailer. We would value the opportunity to look into this and assist if you could kindly email your review and details to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Once recieved, we will be in touch to assist. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, ShanDear Dyson we have already changed all the parts sent to us and still it doesn't work. It shouldn't be this hard to get a working unit when it is only 4 months old We will email you as suggested :(So I contacted Dyson as per the suggestion above and basically Dyson washed their hands of it and said to take it back to Harvey Norman. Last time we buy a Dyson! They have offered to send it via Australia Post to a service repairer but we have to find a box and package it all up and there is no mention of how it will come back to us And we will be without a vacuum for a number of weeks. So basically this stupid thing has been not working as long as its been working which is dreadful considering you need to take out a second mortgage to buy the thing.

Makes life easier

Who would of thought that a small extension hose would make life so much easier. We use it with our V8 animal stick, so the hand held vacuum can now be used in the car and in all nooks and crannies. A must have accessory.

Perfect for everyday use

I use the v8 Dyson on carpet rugs, tiles & wooden floors perfect on all conditions, I use it everyday as I have small children always dropping things on the floor & its so easy & convenient to use I literally plug it in to charge & it charges to last for 20 mins

Date PurchasedJan 2019

My V8 Animal will not open
Hi Anne, Thank you for your query, we are happy to help. The bin of your Dyson V8 should empty easily as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXJppqsD6cQ If your machine doesn't empty as easily as shown, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted.

My V8 animal runs for 30 seconds to a minute on full power and then dies. The length of performance on the lower setting is, as should be expected, longer. We keep the filters clean and check the charge before using. My son has the V6 animal and never has the problems we have had with the V8. This seems to be a pattern for this machine. Is there a fix? The machine is not our main vacuum cleaner so is not over used but it is very frustrating and given the reputation of Dyson I was expecting much better performance. It is only two years old.
Call Dyson servicing, sorry no idea!Hi Gail, Thank you for your question. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine. We'll be happy to help resolve this issue however we require further information. Please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy or email your details through to aucustomercare@dyson.com. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Samuel

do I empty the v8 animal dust chamber before returning to wall?
Yes, I always empty it before recharging, but you don't have too.Hi there, Thank you for your query. While we do recommend to empty the machine after each use, it isn't necessary to empty the machine prior to charging. I hope this helps, however if we can assist further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly. Best wishes, Shan

V8 Animal