Ecotourer Off-Road

Ecotourer Off-Road

Off-Road and Shower & Toilet

See the Best Caravans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Living up to expectations

After much research - we decided to purchase a second hand Eco Tourer with shower / toilet - could not be happier with the way it tows the layout and the ease of setup. Picked up in Melbourne in winter - -3 outside inside is cosy with the reverse cycle A/C , Cupboards for everything inside , moulded along the roofline - much the same as in a boat, the finish is much the same as a boat and very easy to clean.

Floor PlanOff Road Shower Toilet

Suits us perfectly.

Will start with the negatives..2 years old and hardly used : even though "off road" after a few 100 ks of dirt found the inside cupboards jiggled loose and stayed that way and a drawer broke its runner. TV broke apart. Water outlet valve leaked. All window screws became loose and a couple fell out.
The positives.... Ecotourer makers Caravan Court in Melb., have changed the newer models to have better door closures and a different style of TV. They also , very obligingly subsidized the repairs to the above problems. We still think, having looked at latest caravan show , the Ecotourer has a great layout, fast to pack up and get on the road and we prefer the extra space inside NOT having an ensuite provides.Only van that comes close is the Avan poptop, but that comes with the extra towing height. Ecotourer tows well and I have spare cupboard room inside.

Floor PlanHybrid, no ensuite.

Best 2 person van available.

What a bunch of wingers! We had a 2006 black top shower and toilet EcoTourer. Great van, towed well up to 110 kph behind a Toyota Hi Lux. Travelled across most of Oz but stayed on sealed roads, absolutely no trouble at all. A very comfortable easy to use van, good layout with reasonable size double bed, shower and toilet. Layout of sink, gas top and fridge works well with sufficient storage for the necessary food, wine cloths etc. Many people appear to take far too much with them, remember there are shops around the country other than the one where you usually buy your groceries.
We recently upgraded to the Off Road version incorporating the various improvements the manufacturer has made, independent suspension, outside shower, aircon located under bed, LED lights, etc,etc. We tow it with a Benz GLE350d and it is fantastic. We are no longer restricted to sealed roads and recently travelled to Tibooburra, Cameron Corner, Innamincka etc without any difficulty or problem. Nothing broke, nothing fell off, no dust in van or car. In addition to manufacturer's fitted stone shield, we fitted a Stone Stomper Stone Guard which totally protected car and van, great product.
The current Off Road EcoTourer are great, worth every penny of its very competitive price. we added a second solar panel and battery and can remain on the road till the essentials run low.

Very happy customer

For this person who gives one star, he might be rough with his van, we have the off road for 4 years, nothing fell off, as we put a magnet on every door so it can't open without loking it...its a super van on every level, only the owning is very flimbsi...we travels australia 3 times and still love the van...

Floor PlanIt's with toilet and shower

Wonderful idea, well made, BUT workmanship quality terrible on all fittings, nothing but problems fr

Have given short detail of quality, needs lots of weekend work. Reliable? Well after nearly 8 years of fixing things after each use it is now becoming reliable. Very comfortable, good size, great idea, tows beautifully, is a bit over 2 tons but a good strong chassis for the size of the van, so ok for some potholes, etc. but the cupboard doors may fall off.

August 10th 2016 Update: Update after 5 weeks in Tassie, from Mountainman,if your interested.

Perhaps mid winter is not the best time to visit Tassie. The rear roof hatch still leaking over bed, I had replaced it but the sealant has to be chosen very carefully, mine didn't seal it, so off again. Borrowed a ladder, took it with me to work on it. Water flooded in through gas bottle storage door, I've now sealed it, (I think) also the door for the toilet cassette, but it ran away down the plug hole, now sealed, (I think) More and more laminex lifting, it all needs to be replaced. Since I modified the springs none have broken, so the axle has stayed on, also the spare wheel is still on after modification. But the van has done the best it could after a painful birth. It is the perfect size, tows beautifully, and I will stick with it, can't afford to sell and restart, but it will be the best Eco Tourer on the road! Oh, and yes you can make the table into a rough bed, I've had to. By the way I've also added a grey water tank, holds 18 litres, not a lot of trouble to do, cost about $60, all from Bunnings, very handy for some free camping when they have restrictions, but handy anytime, $60 well spent, not too hard on the Eco Tourer. Happy Touring. The ol mountainman.

Love the layout

The shape was what caught our eye. Tows effortlessly. Have to check the mirror to make sure it is still their. We have single beds and find this layout gives more internal room. Had a nearside tyre let go at 90kph and the van just dipped but stayed straight whilst we pulled over and put the spare on. Our thanks to Myrtleford tyre and battery service for the prompt replacement on a Friday arvo. Would love to have a folding door with fly screen and better lock.

Good

Designer has provided excellent unit for consumer who wants sleek, compact, easy to tow, tastefully appointed van with all mod cons such as shower/toilet, Tv, air con etc , yet folds down to aerodynamic shape to tow.
Fibreglass construction - clean & strong. Telescopic mechanism, rather than conventional poptop. Ingenious layout. Fold-up towbar for easier storage.
Lack of additional step for off-highway version. Could easily install mirror on inside cupboard door. Why not provide for conversion of dinette into bed? Door catches need additional magnets. Ride leveller should be provided.

Excellent customer service from Caravan Court Springvale. Extra effort made to get us our van on time. Extras supplied at fair price. Excellent after sales service, after the first around Australia tour, a couple of small detail problems and some damage due to a small accident we had and the full service was completed for us for what I felt was a very reasonable service charge, I was thrilled, had payed more for service of our previous van. Returning now from our second around Australia tour in our Eco Tourer, slipstream, off highway, caravan, still thrilled with it and it is as new condition.
I travel blog, talk about out great eco-tourer and show pictures of it on http://www.gray-nomad.com
I can only tell by looking in the mirror that I am towing a van. Excellence of design inside, outside, strength and suspension are excellent.
I mounted the wall mounted wardrobe on the floor making more bench space,easily done and I prefer the more open look of the van without the wardrobe on the wall.

Show me what you did to mount robe on floor

We've owned our van for 18 months and tow it with an '05 Kia Sorrento. We've travelled in the highlands of Tassie, gone to Kangaroo Island, had a trip to Innaminka via Bourke and Tiboorburra and have just returned from another trip, 22,000kms. all over WA. We have deliberately chosen the roughest roads as we don't like the boring bitumen. Our van has taken to the dirt like a duck to water - and it literally loved the river and creek crossings on the Gibb River Road!!
email me on tassyterry@yahoo.com if you want to know more!
Love the elegance! and the simplicity -stylish! Love the ease of towing -and ease of living in it. Love it's strength and durability. Love the minimal effort needed to keep it cleaned whilst on the road.

Thanks for your informative review. My wife and I were just in tasmania last week in a hired motorhome. Came across one of these while camping over night and instantly wanted one. They look absolutely brilliant. Have owned a Jayco in the past, never ever ever again. Tasmania just beautiful and friendly as always, must be Australia's best kept secret.Cheers Mark and Julia Braddon Western Australia

Suprised that we have taken to this form of travelling so easily and quickly
Australia on the road with this ecotourer design is unbeatable
sleek design clever easy comfortable
minor finishing off issues that are being willingly attended to