22A'van Aliner

3.5
Easy to tow
Quick to set up
Comfortable for long trips
Some parts prone to degradation

James
JamesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Great product, value for money A Van air liner

No problems with our 2010 airliner absolutely no leaks very easy to tow and so fuel efficient due to the extremely light weight as a lightweight van I would be reluctant to use this van on rough dirt roads Some consumers I find have unrealistic expectations all I can say is the A Van is just a perfect easy to tow quick and easy to set up and great value for money small van great product Show details
Overall
Christine B.
Christine B.South East Queensland, QLD
  1D

Not the greatest quality, for what you pay for them

The overall finish of the camper is pretty shoddy when you think what the asking price is. Others agree but reckon you can make improvements yourself, but why should you Show details
Overall
Davo
DavoSydney20 posts
Waiting Long
Waiting Long28 posts
  1D

Air conditioner almost completely ineffective

Whatever you do, don't pay full price for an air conditoned A-Van Cruiseliner or Adventure Plus.
The Finch HD9000 underbunk A/C cools the van by one degree and sometimes 2 degrees. This was also proven by two A/C experts. A-Van and the retailer have been stalling us for a very long time. They don't care and won't be doing anything about it it seems. We have overpaid by more than $3,000 for the van as the A/C doesn't effectively cool the van.
A-Van have known about this problem for a long time and yet continue to promote air condtioned A-Shaped A-vans. It lacks integrity.
I suggest we all take them to Consumer Affairs; report them to the ACCC and ask the Caravan Industry Association of Australia to de-register them.
Brenton
BrentonGippsland, VIC9 posts
  1D

Good Design but cheap materials and poor workmanship

Easy to two, Reasonably easy to erect but seals do not provide full seal. Had to have all replaced after 8 years. Water unit broke and Avan do not sell the part. You have to buy a complete unit, and it is not like the original. Interior beading all came loose. No thought given to the interior. Lights when folded down, scrape. No latches for doors on the clothing cupboards. Leaked through the interior light fitting in a storm. After sales service is OK in customer service but goods and parts very expensive Show details
Off-roading Performance
Grey vaner
Grey vanerBallarat5 posts
  3C

Love the Avan idea BUT!!

Love the idea and ease of setting up but extremely disappointed in the quality of some aspects of van and the absolute lack of support from dealer at first and the continued lack of support from Avan headquarters. Maiden trip woke to heavy smell of rotten egg gas and then spent last 6weeks trying to get sorted. The venting for battery is higher than battery box so gas escapes from box rather than out vent because the gas is heavier than air but Avan refuse to show no interest in problem. There is also pipe work underneath that runs on chassis and wires dangling. On a brighter note than van tows like a dream and is quick to set up and extremely comfortable

Mamaluchka
MamaluchkaAU15 posts

Disinterested Service from Avan

Being a solo female owner of an Avan Aliner 1D, I ask myself why is Avan's service record shockingly deficient? No response to several requests for help, as I have experienced in several of their agencies. This disinterest will eventually come back to bite them! I certainly will never recommend them what their service record is concerned and warn people on consumer feedback forums like this one. I have shared with others and they agree. Just basing their business on sales and neglecting service is poor company practice! Come on Avan, you can do better than that!

davew168 posts
Wonnie80
Wonnie80Gippsland, VIC51 posts

Second A'van

Our original A'van purchased in 1998 served us extremely well over 17 years and we have just updated to a new one. The build quality is good but I fear the quality of the actual chassis will not live as long(Chinese steel) Think this is general across the industry now. We had a double bed but advancing years made it difficult during the night!! Now with singles, much better. Water tap on the front draw bar good idea and the hot water system for the round bowl sink is a great improvement. Annoyingly I, a 162 cm female,was able to easily put up the roof on our previous model, yet I could not lift the new one (and this is from one day to the next) - must be weightier in the construction.

Preach7
Preach7North Western Region, NSW35 posts

A nice van to Tow and comfotable to use

We have had our van for a yr now and find it easy to tow and to put up and down but the annex can be difficult to put up. Not recommended if you just staying over night but good on long stays. We rebuilt the bed and replaced the folding panels under the bed with one solid shed of 5 ply and fitted gas struts. We added an egg shell mattress on top of the existing foam mattress that came with the van, it seems comfortable enough. We also took the table out to give more room and as we set up a table under the annex we didn't need on inside, It also allowed for storage of gear in that space. Hope this helps those who have an Avan Aliner Kel .

Gloria
Gloria5 posts

Really loved travelling in our Avan Aliner 2006

We traveled over east from Perth and just loved the ease of towing (even the wife shared the driving). Want a cup of coffee pull over anywhere, pop up avan in 30 seconds, turn on the gas & kettle on all within 60 seconds. Pop it down and off you go. Its like towing a trailor. We ended up purchasing a Avan Cruiseliner with single beds, only because it annoyed me (double bed) having husband climb over top of me to go to toilet during the night, my only complaint. We also found buying the earlier model a lot me solid built, hinges stainless less (new vans aluminium) floor a lot more solid as well.

Richard
RichardCoonabarabran23 posts

Storage ,quality

Had great times with my cruiseliner off road model 2003 .problem

The large springs on the corners of lids have all dropped or moved towards the centre of the van ,this jams the sides when l lift them .Anyone else have this problem ? And what can be done .Note have done 100,000ks not much off road stuff only on well maintained gravel.

Recommend to store roof locked down ? Or up ,when stored ?

bshrub
bshrub
  2B

The only way to explore Australia

We bought our Avan Aliner after taking a year to research what fitted us. We started thinking about a Toyota Hiace and this grew to a Daf 4 tonne truck but luckily we narrowed it down to between an Avan Aliner and a Jayco Swan the Avan won. It has no wet canvas to repack or to blow in the breeze and the Avan is fully insulated and can be put up by my wife in 3 minutes. After 16 years and over 100000K and having slept in it for over a year we still love going away in it.

Bob of gulf point
Bob of gulf pointMetropolitan Adelaide, SA59 posts
Macka
MackaRockhampton4 posts

Small Vent Lids a major issue

I have a 2012 Cruiseliner and so far the 14 inch Heng-Jensen lids have been replaced 5 times.

A Van are less than helpful. Experience has certainly put me off Caravaning and A Vans.

Suggest you buy Jayco.

David
David · Aliner

How to change breaks lights on an older Avan Aliner.

You could ask AVAN Dealer

Greg L.
Greg L. · Aliner 1D

When I pick up my new van what do I need for the braking system on the van

You need Anderson plugs. Go see an auto electician

Marianne S.
Marianne S. · Aliner

A lot of these questions dont seem to be answered? Does anyone from Avan respond to them? Who is meant to answer them?

sheila47

Have no idea about that.

Features:

• The A’van Aliner has 100% solid wall construction, an insulated interior, and tinted windows to ensure adequate security.
  • The folding caravan assembles in under 30 seconds, so you can quickly hit the road.
  • It comes with 6 layout options which are all advertised as having ample storage, generous sleeping space, and a quality kitchen.
  • Interior features include a low profile for easy towing, a 63L water storage tank, a step light, fire extinguisher, 2 burner cooktop, a 90L fridge, and an electric hot water service.
  • Exterior features include independent suspension and shocks, a hot-dipped galvanised chassis, electric brakes, and two 4kg gas bottles and regulator.

Points of praise:

• A number of reviewers said that the caravan towed liked a dream, likening it to towing a trailer.
  • They also said that it was quick and easy to set up.
  • According to reviews, the caravan is comfortable to use for both short and long trips.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers were dissatisfied with the build quality of the caravan, saying that some components started to degrade in as little as a few months after starting to use the caravan.
Compare all A'van Aliner listings
CategoryCaravansCaravansCaravansCaravans
Sleeping Capacity3 people3 people3 people3 people
Tare Weight830 kg830 kg830 kg830 kg
Travel Length4.85 m4.85 m4.85 m4.85 m
Dimensions 2580 x 2075 x 3380 mm2580 x 2075 x 3380 mm2580 x 2075 x 3380 mm2580 x 2075 x 3380 mm
Bathroom / Laundry InclusionsShowerShowerShowerShower
Exterior Features240V Power Point240V Power Point240V Power Point240V Power Point
Interior FeaturesAir ConditioningAir ConditioningAir ConditioningAir Conditioning
Kitchen InclusionsCooktop, Fridge, Microwave, Oven and SinkCooktop, Fridge, Microwave, Oven and SinkCooktop, Fridge, Microwave, Oven and SinkCooktop, Fridge, Microwave, Oven and Sink
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release date