Empire Caravans

Empire Caravans

Elite, Emperor, Solitaire and Trojan Trekker

See the Best Caravans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Awesome best built van I've ever seen

Build quality is of excellent high standard. No leaks internal or external, van has been around aus twice no problems ever surfaced. Extremly reliable. Lay out is great, custom build built to set our landcrusier tow vehicle. Best van I've ever towed and towed many. In short I would never buy anything else than a Empire, value for money AWESOME.

Floor Plancustom

Great after sale service

We are very happy with our van. Had a problem which was out of there control but Bill organised the repairs which where done professionally and we where not out of pocket. The van is all we want easy to tow great layout and finish . Great small business with the right attitude to service.

Good Old Customer Service

Live in Queensland and took delivery of my new Empire Emperor in December 2015. Four months later we set off to drive to Perth. After 14500km we arrived back in Brisbane. The van performed excellently.. We had an issue with a faulty battery charger whilst in WA which Bill sorted as best as he could from so far away. Excellent customer service. We arrived in Melbourne from Brisbane today March 2017 and at Bill's suggestion we visited the factory and Bill went right through the van and attended to some minor issues under warranty. Must say that the attention and service from Dina and Bill and his staff was first class. It was a very pleasant experience. We left confirming in our mind that we had made a good decision to buy an Empire Emperor. Thank you and well done Bill.

Floor PlanEmperor

Built to specifications.

My husband is 6'6" and we researched many vans over 2 years with the idea to have a van built to fit, so to speak. Many of the well known brands were not interested in adjusting heights etc, but when speaking to Empire (Bill) he was full of enthusiasm and ideas as to how he could adjust his vans to meet our needs. Price wise, was extremely reasonable and when we flew across to Melbourne to see our van in the 'shell' stage, he took the time to explain the processes of building our van and what it entailed. A very efficient factory I must say.
Our van was delivered to Perth in December 2014 and we couldn't have been more pleased with the quality and workmanship. We've since traveled up to Broome and in and around WA and have an Eastern State trip planned for next year.
Thanks Bill and your crew for a beautifully built 'mobile home'. We just love it.
Robyn and Vince. WA.

True to Label Poptop . Truly Elite

My 17'6" Poptop is light yet strong, exceptional quality inside and out, totally reliable , easy to tow, extremely practical layout with front end kitchen and double bed rear with centre dining and lounge.
I have owned this van as a second hand unit for 10 years . Absolutely impressed with build, appearance and durability . Great little van, towed with ease by my BA Ford

Floor PlanAs specified

A company that stands behind their product.

We recently visited Melbourne to have our van serviced and a couple of warranty issues attended to. The attention to detail was outstanding, and everything we asked to be looked at was repaired or replaced to our satisfaction. The team were most helpful in every way. Thanks Empire!
L and B.

1978 Empire.

We have just bought a 1978 Empire van and other than having a new fridge it is in as new condition. It's obviously been looked after but nearly 40 years on and everything and I mean everything is there and working like the day it was made. Every door opens, Windows wind out, no leaks, external window shades go up and down and snap into place. These vans are of the finest quality.

Excellence in service

We have recently returned home to Perth after travelling for 5 months on the East coast in our Empire Western Red 21'6 caravan. We purchased the van new in 2012 and have done several trips away, on this trip we were having issues with our fridge . Repair technicians advised us that part of the problem was inadequate fridge vent sizes.
When in Victoria I contacted the owner of Empire vans {Bill} who asked me to bring the van into his workshop for inspection if going through Melbourne.
I ended taking the van into the workshop, it was like going into a Formula One pit stop. While we waited the trades upgraded the fridge vents and thoroughly checked the van all over, we were so impressed and overawed . In the mean time while the work was being carried out Bill showed over his workshop and all his innovative ideas
he has total passion for the way he builds his vans and I wish to thank him and his staff for sorting the van out they went out of there way. Bill could have easily said the van is out of warranty and left us to sort the problem.
PS We have thoroughly enjoyed this van it tows beautifully and is extremely comfortable to live in if I ever decided to upgrade I would have no hesitation in purchasing another Empire. Regards Des And Jeni Hollis

A solid well built caravan with no cutting corners

I have had my Empire Emporer caravan for four years.
It's a really smart van and not cheaply built like some well known brands.
Things that can't be seen like insulation, sound systems etc is excellent
quality.
I think there arnt many on the market because once you buy one you know
It's going to last and not give much trouble.
We live in a cold environment and the van has stood up to that extreamly well even though it hasn't been covered. Still looks brand new.
I'm a 55 year old woman and find it really easy to tow and operate.
I could live in this van. It's a Mercedes of vans.

Comment on Empire (Red Western) purchased 2012

We are really happy with our Empire Caravan. The Agent in Perth (Gary) was fantastic, so helpful. We have had it for 18months and this has been our longest trip in it. We designed how we wanted it and the end result great. We are at the end of a 5 month big to Kimberley, across to NT Darwin, down the middle, Eyre Peninsula and back across the Nullabour. So comfy and the van has travelled well, even on some dodgy roads. Congralutations Empre. well done.
reliable, comfy
Only problem, was the slide out pantry not strong enough and came apart first trip. Whiule stiull under warranty was supposed to be fixed, did not happen. Have to improvise by putting supports from pantry to fridge to stop opening. Needs to be stronger and more robust for travelling but as for storage great..

My Empire Caravan is doing a great job.

I have now had my Empire Caravan for 3 years, and we are now enjoying our second trip home from Darwin. All warranty issues were rectified by the dealer within the warranty period.
If and when I look at upgrading my caravan I would definately look towards another Empire Caravan.

We are looking at purchasing a 30ft tri axle van. It has some leaks around the skylights and some of the blinds are in need of a repair, some knobs missing of draws, some gauze in screens need repairing. How much do u think we will be looking at to fix especially the sky lights?
Hi. Thank you for contacting me. I am a customer of Empire Caravans and therefore am not qualified to do any repairs. I suggest you contact Bill or Dina at Empire and I'm sure they will look after you. Regards. John.

Did anyone have to change their microwave to right hand opening because of the position it is in?
We were lucky enough to have the correct opening side door in our microwave right from the start. We had to have the fridge and freezer doors swapped, which was quite an easy exercise,,,,, BUT make sure that all spacers are correctly positioned when swapping fridge and freezer doors. L+BThanks L&B your answer is appreciated. Gerard

Hi, we have recently purchased a 2016 Empire 21ft custom van from Lake Macquarie dealer. All travelled well but had issues with the fridge on battery when detached from vehicle bringing on warning alarm. Dealer suggested battery only works when connected to vehicle which I thought was a bit strange. Any advice as to why battery system doesn't work whilst detached?
We never had any trouble with fridge when on battery and detached from vehicle. We no longer have van as regrettably had to sell but the 4 years we had it never had a problem. EnjoyHi John, It doesn't matter what brand of caravan you have with this particular problem. The way the electrics are set up on your car to van, is that when the car is turned off (motor not running), electrical current to the van ceases. It is designed this way to ensure you don't flatten your car battery, so it can't start your vehicle (especially if you are remote, and without mobile phone reception!!!) Some vehicles are specially set up with 2 batteries to run auxillaries (such as a fridge) for a period of time, but keeping the main vehicular battery free for starting the vehicle. If you have a single battery in yur vehicle, and are not going to be too long without the car running, this is OK for the fridge to be left. If you at a free camp, or are going to be a long period of time, it is best to turn your fridge to gas mode. A tip here: the cooling from gas is stronger than 240v or 12v, and you may need to slightly adjust your temperature setting to a slightly warmer setting, your your lettuce will freeze! Hope this is of assistance. Happy carvaning. BobThank you Bob for your input. My question is about the 2 batteries embedded in the van and charged with a solar panel. Why do these batteries not take over when the car is detached from the Van, and keep the fridge going on battery if that is our choice . I note your comments about the efficiency of gas , and we will no doubt go this way most of the time when camped. Obviously there is something wrong with the settings given we have a red flashing light indicating the fridge is malfunctioning.

Empire EliteEmpire Trojan TrekkerEmpire SolitaireEmpire Emperor