Electrolux 453L Bottom Mount EBE4507 Series

Electrolux 453L Bottom Mount EBE4507 Series

EBE4507SC (Stainless Steel), EBE4507BC (Dark Stainless Steel)

Pros

• Eco-friendly 4.5-star energy rating

• Easy-to-use design

4.2

• Internal Layout
Xylophonens

XylophonensSydney, NSW

I have had lots of problems

Its working now but the thermostat was replaced 3 times and now the door handles have broken. Electrolux were kind and replaced the handles but I have no idea how to fix to the door without a service call. The Fridge has not been lucky for me and now its a discontinued model despite being top of the range for its size at the time. If anyone can teach me how to put the handles on it would be great.

Purchased in September 2016 at David Jones Retail Stores for $1,800.00.

Harsimran Singh

Harsimran SinghSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely Pathetic

Bought this in August 2017, worked fine for 2 years. But after a month outside the warranty period just died, called the Electrolux repair service which they replaced the main electric board, then after 1 month died again. Then called the service man again who poured hot water in the ice creation in the freezer section.
Then after 1 month died again. Then again poured hot water.
Then after 2 months died again. Called another service guy who told that the board needs to be replaced.
So called the earlier Electrolux service they told they’ll need to start the service process again.

Just horrible, I’ll never get another Electrolux or its subsidiary company products.

Purchased in August 2017 at Appliances Online for $1,400.00.

Household Size3 person(s)
Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux
shhh

shhhSouth East Queensland, QLD

I absolutely love our fridge

Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Electrolux 453L Bottom Mount EBE4507 Series compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Awesome Product & Repair Service

Awesome Repair & Maintenance service.
Repairmain on time, and porfessional
fast, and accurate, polite
A rare fault that was replaced rapidly with no fuss and with minimal fuss and time.
Also Serviceman was able to give handy tips on how to use the Fridge better & save money on power usage

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1.00.

Household Size1 person(s)
Elena

Elena

Sleek and Practical

Bought the fridge eight months ago and we couldn't be happier! Love its overall size coz it doesn't look too big in our townhome kitchen. But with its compact size it has spacious and conveniently laid out compartments. Also love its long straight handle and sleek edges.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman.

peeved1

peeved1Perth, WA

Love this fridge

Replaced my westinghouse fridge with the Electrolux bottom mount and absolutely love this fridge. Consistent temperature the shelves in the door placed perfectly and slide, the door handle is great. Everything about this Fridge is fantastic.

Purchased in October 2019 at Betta Home Living for $1,498.00.

Fantastic Electrolux Bottom Mount Fridge

Having downsized had to purchase a new fridge. Having previously owned the larger Electrolux Bottom Mount fridge & have been extremely happy with it for 8 years, unfortunately would not fit the space in my new home. I decided again on the Electrolux as interior well thought out & one of the cheapest fridges to run.

Simon Morgan

Simon MorganGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A very good fridge, very happy with it.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Household Size2 person(s)

Nice design but very loud

I really like the design of the fridge, nice lighting excellent cooling, nice sliding fridge drawers and chiller and a good amount of space. Unfortunately, it is extremely loud when the compressor is on which is most of the time. The sound is a combination of the typical compressor growl with a very distracting high pitched whine.

It is winter here (Melbourne) and the manual says that the compressor will run more often in warmer temperatures so I can only imagine how loud it will be in summer. My advice would be to stay away from this model unless your kitchen is in a soundproof room....

Purchased in June 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,200.00.

nonreligious

nonreligiousSydney, NSW

Great looking high end fridge.

One of the fridges with excellent handles that will not break off. The door shelves are great if you have small children haha. The door shelves seem to be stuck now that we've put them in. We'll probably break the tiny white plastic retainers if we try to remove them. How will we remove them to clean them? Salespeople said the door shelves are not meant to be removed. On the other hand the freezer drawers come out very easy, too easy! Temperature regulation is sensational. I think you could use it in a professional kitchen. The door finish is awesome. No fingerprints. No reflection. Excellent.

Purchased in March 2019.

grassy

grassyCaloundra

Great having a freezer at the bottom with three draws. Easy access to all shelves in the freezer and the fridge Can be slightly noisy when motor kicks in but this doesn’t last for long and we are now used to it. Would certainly purchase another Electrolux product and recommend to others.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Lorena

LorenaVictoria

Great for family of 3 to 4

I like the eco cooling feature. The fridge is easily pull to open and close. The product have an alert if you forgot to close the fridge. However, the ice twist tray is very small and sometime hard the turn it back after twist all the ice off, guess the plastic tray or the spring is not that good in quality. Bought it from Harvey Norman when they have cashback promo. Overall it’s good product

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Martin C

Martin CSydney, NSW

Interior fridge parts not solidly built, and constant humming noise of fridge fan is a distraction

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Alberto6439South East Queensland, QLD

Quality and design

I was looking for a quality fridge good looking and affordable so after a month or so I narrowed my search to 3 brands fisher and paykel, Panasonic and electrolux, after taking into consideration the power consumption and the smart features Electrolux won the quality inside and out the smart technology and the $88 dollars yearly power consumption is just stunning now the fridge have learnt our use patterns and never heard the fridge working again... just great plus no finger prints

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Jeanette M

Jeanette M

Perfect size for large family

This fridge is amazing. Stacks really well very spacious. Looks like new after having it for years. Best of all easy to clean. Its keeps all food at a consistent temperature. Very large crispers are great for a large family. The pull out freezer draws make it easy to see food clearly.

Date PurchasedSept 2010

LightnessCanberra 2600, ACT

Exceeded my expectations

I am happy with this fridge and the handle does not come off, it was attached at delivery. I wanted to wait until after I had plenty of time to measure its efficiency before writing a Review. I am pleased to report it is more efficient than its small replacement, it is easy to clean and organise inside and it is aesthetically pleasing. Do not make the mistake I made thinking a small fridge will be more efficient!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Ted

TedSutherland

Good

I am happy with fridge but the handle comes on by itself. The space is good, the storage is good, reasonably priced. Cooling is good. There is a wine rack, which is really good. The side egg shelves and cheese shelves are fantastic. I absolutely love this fridge. I recommend.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Answer5

Answer5melbourne

Good Fridge No Worries

Got this fridge when we moved into out new house. It has given me no problems of any kind. It looks good is reasonably quiet (I can hear it run but not too bad) but the most important thing is that it has had no need for any service. The shelves are well laid out and I prefer the bottom freezer. Overall a good fridge experience and I am happy with it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Great fridge

I love my new Electrolux Fridge, keeps food very fresh in all compartments. Very quiet and well designed. The freezer drawer bases are square and not rounded like lots of other fridge freezers, which accommodates food much more effectively. It doesn’t start beeping annoyingly after only having the door open for a few seconds, but gives you at least a couple of minutes or so. Good quality stainless steel finish. An added feature is that the door shelves are all lined, a feature you don’t see in other fridges.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

My Electrolux fridge serve me well!

I owned this fridge since 2013 and it works as what it has been stated and beyond that! It is so quiet and you don't even hear a noise of it. The compartments can be adjusted flexibly and big enough to arrange all your foods and containers. Also, I never really adjust the temperature throughout the year and it just works perfectly!

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Glenn M.asked

453L Bottom Mount EBE4507 Series

Why are public questions to Electrolux seemingly being sent to product reviewers to answer? Why do you only have 2 year warranty on your fridges when Australian consumer Law has reasonable expected product life regulations? Most people expect 10 to 15 trouble free years out of a fridge. My fridge failed within the warranty period, but by the time i got back to the store it was outside warranty period and was told as it is now out of warranty we can't help.

Brenda

Was happy to answer a fellow consumer’s question. Previously had a larger bottom freezer Electrolux fridge which I loved & was trouble free for more than 10 years. Had to move & had to buy smaller fridge. As I had been more than happy with my previous Electrolux bottom mount fridge, decided to buy the same brand. My old fridge I gave to a family member as a second fridge. It is still working well & must be getting up to near 15 years old. Hope this answers your question.
Sorry to hear bout problem with your fridge.

Glenn M.

Defrost element has now failed a second time. Food in fridge spoiled a second time. Under four years old. Not happy.

Bill

Billasked

453L Bottom Mount EBE4507 Series

Why has this fridge been replaced

Brenda

Hi Bill, not sure what your question is asking. I did have an Electrolux 519 litre fridge previously which I gave away to my step-daughter to use. I have downsized (due to the fact I was widowed) & am now living in a Retirement Village. My previous fridge (which I was really happy with) did not fit the opening. It has meant I have had to purchase the smaller Electrolux fridge which I am really happy with & the inside layout is more than enough for myself & the dog.
I hope this answers your question.

Alberto6439asked

453L Bottom Mount EBE4507SC (Stainless Steel)

Do you need a power surge protection for this fridge ???

Lightness

I’m not sure what you mean. I live in an urban area and the fridge works using grid supplied power. I cannot speak for off the grid power. This is a question best directed to the manufacturer.

Alberto6439

I live in a building right in the city but every one said you need a power surge protector in case of a power spike because that might blow up the fridge logic board so should I get one or not ?

Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux

Hi Alberto,
Julie from Electrolux here.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the fridge.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Julie.
Thanks,
Julie

Get an answer from our members and Electrolux representatives

Features:

• The 453L capacity makes these fridges suitable for a household of around 4 to 5 people
  • Two separate cooling systems work together to ensure the fridge is working at optimum capacity. One cooling system chills the freezer section, and the other stabilises the refrigerator
  • Various operation modes including Fast Ice and Boost Mode: Boost Mode increases the temperature to cater to a higher quantity of food, and Fast Ice lowers the freezer for 12 hours
  • Reversible door hinge means that this fridge can be opened from left to right or vice versa
  • A high 4.5-star rating that will help to reduce energy consumption and the associated costs

What reviewers liked about this fridge:

• Reviewers complimented the fridge’s large vegetable crisper that kept fruit and vegetables fresh and uncontaminated, by regulating this area at an efficient temperature.
  • Cheese lovers took delight in this fridge. Not many other fridges offer a dedicated cheese drawer, which is why some people found the idea of purchasing the Electrolux 453L so tempting.
  • A recurring point of praise was the design of the fridge - whether it was the easy-to-use door handle, or convenient drawers, many reviewers were impressed.
  • In general, people thought this fridge was spacious yet still compact. This fridge wasn’t an obtrusive presence in the kitchen.
Compare both Electrolux 453L Bottom Mount EBE4507 Series
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,099.00$1,999.00
Dimensions 1725 x 699 x 773 mm1725 x 699 x 773 mm
Energy Rating4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Household Size 4-5 people4-5 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm, Frost Free and Wine RackDoor Alarm, Frost Free and Wine Rack
Colour / FinishDark Stainless SteelStainless Steel
Handle Type ExternalExternal
Smart Fridge NoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves33
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins11
Door Hinge Left and RightLeft and Right
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity