Electrolux EBE4507 Series (453L, Bottom Mount)

A very good fridge, very happy with it.

Electrolux EBE4507SA
Bought from Harvey Norman with a cashback offer.

Pros
1. It has good solid drawers with proper sliders, so the drawers slide in and out smoothly and easily, unlike all the other fridges in the same price range that I looked at.
2. The fridge door shelves are lined with silicone mats on the bottom, so things don’t move around when opening and shutting the fridge door. They also make it very easy to clean.
3. The freezer has three pull out drawers, again with proper sliders, much better than just an open space like in some fridges.
4. Food lasts a long time in this fridge.
4. It uses very little electricity.
5. The lighting in the fridge is excellent.

Cons
1. After you close the fridge door its locks up for almost a minute as it repressurises (like some chest freezers).
I've found though that if it's locked and you want to open the fridge door again, open and close the freezer door, then it releases the fridge door. This only works once though, then you have to wait another 50 seconds! It does teach you to plan ahead!
2. While it's not noisy, at times there is a constant hum, which can be noticeable, especially at night.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Nice design but very loud

I really like the design of the fridge, nice lighting excellent cooling, nice sliding fridge drawers and chiller and a good amount of space. Unfortunately, it is extremely loud when the compressor is on which is most of the time. The sound is a combination of the typical compressor growl with a very distracting high pitched whine.

It is winter here (Melbourne) and the manual says that the compressor will run more often in warmer temperatures so I can only imagine how loud it will be in summer. My advice would be to stay away from this model unless your kitchen is in a soundproof room....

Purchased in June 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,200.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Great looking high end fridge.

One of the fridges with excellent handles that will not break off. The door shelves are great if you have small children haha. The door shelves seem to be stuck now that we've put them in. We'll probably break the tiny white plastic retainers if we try to remove them. How will we remove them to clean them? Salespeople said the door shelves are not meant to be removed. On the other hand the freezer drawers come out very easy, too easy! Temperature regulation is sensational. I think you could use it in a professional kitchen. The door finish is awesome. No fingerprints. No reflection. Excellent.

Purchased in March 2019.

Internal Layout

Great having a freezer at the bottom with three draws. Easy access to all shelves in the freezer and the fridge Can be slightly noisy when motor kicks in but this doesn’t last for long and we are now used to it. Would certainly purchase another Electrolux product and recommend to others.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great for family of 3 to 4

I like the eco cooling feature. The fridge is easily pull to open and close. The product have an alert if you forgot to close the fridge. However, the ice twist tray is very small and sometime hard the turn it back after twist all the ice off, guess the plastic tray or the spring is not that good in quality. Bought it from Harvey Norman when they have cashback promo. Overall it’s good product

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Interior fridge parts not solidly built, and constant humming noise of fridge fan is a distraction

In the showroom, the fridge appears to be well designed and feels solid. However, after delivery as we were removing the blue sticky tape / packaging inside the fridge, one of the dairy compartments fell off the door and fell to the floor smashing. Electrolux Customer Services team were excellent and sent a prompt replacement.

However on operating the fridge circulating fan makes a humming noise about 60-80% of the time which proves very distracting given that we live in a unit with a lounge kitchen area. When the compressor comes on after the door has been opened it is even noisier. Am surprised that the fridge is so loud given the low efficiency rating and higher cost than comparable brands.

Cools food well but overall not as high quality as expected.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Quality and design

I was looking for a quality fridge good looking and affordable so after a month or so I narrowed my search to 3 brands fisher and paykel, Panasonic and electrolux, after taking into consideration the power consumption and the smart features Electrolux won the quality inside and out the smart technology and the $88 dollars yearly power consumption is just stunning now the fridge have learnt our use patterns and never heard the fridge working again... just great plus no finger prints

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Perfect size for large family

This fridge is amazing. Stacks really well very spacious. Looks like new after having it for years. Best of all easy to clean. Its keeps all food at a consistent temperature. Very large crispers are great for a large family. The pull out freezer draws make it easy to see food clearly.

Date PurchasedSep 2010

Exceeded my expectations

I am happy with this fridge and the handle does not come off, it was attached at delivery. I wanted to wait until after I had plenty of time to measure its efficiency before writing a Review. I am pleased to report it is more efficient than its small replacement, it is easy to clean and organise inside and it is aesthetically pleasing. Do not make the mistake I made thinking a small fridge will be more efficient!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good

I am happy with fridge but the handle comes on by itself. The space is good, the storage is good, reasonably priced. Cooling is good. There is a wine rack, which is really good. The side egg shelves and cheese shelves are fantastic. I absolutely love this fridge. I recommend.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good Fridge No Worries

Got this fridge when we moved into out new house. It has given me no problems of any kind. It looks good is reasonably quiet (I can hear it run but not too bad) but the most important thing is that it has had no need for any service. The shelves are well laid out and I prefer the bottom freezer. Overall a good fridge experience and I am happy with it.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Great fridge

I love my new Electrolux Fridge, keeps food very fresh in all compartments. Very quiet and well designed. The freezer drawer bases are square and not rounded like lots of other fridge freezers, which accommodates food much more effectively. It doesn’t start beeping annoyingly after only having the door open for a few seconds, but gives you at least a couple of minutes or so. Good quality stainless steel finish. An added feature is that the door shelves are all lined, a feature you don’t see in other fridges.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

My Electrolux fridge serve me well!

I owned this fridge since 2013 and it works as what it has been stated and beyond that! It is so quiet and you don't even hear a noise of it. The compartments can be adjusted flexibly and big enough to arrange all your foods and containers. Also, I never really adjust the temperature throughout the year and it just works perfectly!

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Nice fridge

Easy to clean.
Has this fridge for almost a year, never have problem.
Its very quite.
This is one of the best fridges I ever have. Got this fridge on sale from the good guys
Spacious. Worth the price!
Got this fridge on sale from the good guys.
Very modern look interior and exterior

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Stylish, functional and great quality

An elegant fridge with dairy compartments and separate sections for veg, fruit and meat. Freezer also has different drawers for separate from different food items. I researched many different fridges and decided on this one because the reviews were so positive and it suited the size of the fridge space available. It is quiet, elegant and keeps everything cold and fresh for a long time. highly recommended.. quality components and materials.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

wonderful ice box ...

Bought this unit for Harvey Norman in Victoria. I find it very quiet (compared to previous fridge owned - an older generation so I allow some degree of refinement and construction changes that in this time period for natural improvement of products).
Whole design pleases me. Nice looking stainless exterior. Comfortable handle to open. Shelving well designed and situated with some degree of adjustment to shelves that leaves plenty of options for me depending on products I place in the fridge.
Neat silicone mats in the shelves makes for quiet placement and non slipping of jars and bottles when opening and shutting.
Love the bottle/wine bottle rack :)
Freezer at the bottom is wonderful (wanted this feature for years and now I have it:). Love the versatility of the different sized drawers therein, great seals on the trays and drawers keeps food perfectly frozen.
My ice-cube maker tray is the bomb!
The separate drawers in the fridge for vegetables keeps things fresher far longer than my old fridge and as its at waist height allows for easy access and observation and management of the contents.
The 'cheese and other things drawer' is great too, really is convenient for locating AND remembering where things are that need to be eater e.g leftovers.
Easy to clean, glass shelves easy out easy in and secure in their lock system when replacing in-situ.
I had no trouble with the freezer drawer mechanisms when wanting to take them out for a clean as I read others did, But, I'm a bit mechanically minded so maybe this has something to do with my being able to remove and replace the freezer drawers without too much worry.
Plenty of room for me in all areas of the fridge.
I like the resistance/spring built into the closing mechanism of the doors as it makes for quiet gentle closing, and ensures I pay attention when closing the doors so they aren't accidentally left ajar (this all adds to the quietness of the fridge operation for me).
Lighting great and fills the compartments very well.
Delivery from the seller was awesome too, installed and on when I came home from work - super job Harvey Norman of Hamilton Victoria :))
All in all I couldn't recommend this model or make more highly.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Welcome to my nightmare

I’m beginning to think I have the worst luck ever, or maybe I’m being super fussy but I’m not impressed at all with my Electrolux fridge which was delivered yesterday. While it looks great and has tremendous energy efficiency ( the reasons I bought it) that’s where it ends.

This is the 3rd fridge I’ve had in a period of 3 weeks. I’ve sent them all back because of quality issues. The guys at the retailer and Electrolux have been fabulous rectifying the problems I might add. Given what I’ve paid for this I expected better...

My biggest disappointment is the noise level. I’ve read this has been in problem in other models. The fridge has a loud humming noise all day and night and the only way I can sleep is close the doors - and my room is at the other end of the house. Give me back my old Fisher and Paykel fridge any day I had for 15 years...

A technician is coming out to replace the doors and a damaged part inside this fridge in couple weeks. There’ll be nothing left of the old at this rate... Fingers crossed he takes this fridge away so I can have my peaceful life back again and hear the birds singing in the morning...

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Update - 11 December - the Electrolux service technician visited today. It seems the compressor has been damaged hence the loud noise. A new fridge is being delivered tomorrow courtesy of Electrolux. My advice, if your fridge is loud, get it checked by Electrolux - may be well worth the effort as the compressor may be your problem as well. Ecstatic with service from Electrolux. AAA

Good enough for me

Hi why good enough for me because I Ben have this fridge about more 10 years and never have any problems very nice unite very good to run and very quite and big enough for Bic family and very easy to use and easy to clean ten years ago price wasn't cheap but I recommend thanks

Date PurchasedDec 2007

I love it, can’t live without, perfect for our family

I love how it looks and it’s perfect for our family, I love the fact that the most frequently needed stuff are on the top part of the refrigerator and I don’t have to bent everytime I need something.and I like how the freezer is set up on the bottom with drawers which makes easy to find stuff at the back

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Spacious and quiet fridge

It is a quiet fridge, which was important with very light sleepers in the house. But it probably has two times per day where it is slightly louder when defrosting. But it's not an issue for us. Easy to clean. The best part are the multi zone drawers. I thought there would be less space because of the extra drawer but we've found that it is fantastic for smelly foods so they don't permeate the rest of the fridge. The drawers are also exceptional quality, they are on drawer runners, not slots, so easy to pull out and put back.

Date PurchasedMay 2017