Great working fridge but annoying stainless steel coating

The working functions of the fridge and freezer are great. What we don't like is the stainless steel coating which is described as easy clean with soapy water and stainless steel cleaner can't be used. However unlike conventional stainless steel appliances every time any one touches the fridge it will leave finger prints which look terrible. To keep the fridge looking nice you will be washing the front of the fridge everyday - especially if you have kids - so annoying!

Purchased in November 2018.

Good Fridge

The fridge works well, it can be able to maintain a cosistent and reliable temperature. The door is a bit difficult to open but that shows it’s safe to use and will not lost energy. I like how there’s a drawer for putting veggies so that you won’t forget to eat them!

Purchased in June 2018.

Worst fridge and company

Three new fridges in a month
Faulty compressor had to take 5 days off work the delivery driver never turned up
No phone call or even a text Harvey Norman south Tweed blocked me just take your money and pas you on don't care how much they stuff you around
Never deal with again

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,250.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

So easy to clean!

With our new kitchen we wanted everything streamlined and minimalist. This fridge is perfect. It has integrated handles, although I was worried that it would get too many fingerprints because there is no obvious handle. We do get a few but it is so easy to clean that it is not an issue at all. It is well designed with a great layout.

Purchased in October 2018 at Winning Appliances for $1,449.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)

great fridge

Bought about 9 months ago, so far does a perfect job. running smoothly with minimum noise. very easy to clean.
Temperature is great in all compartments, it is well maintained and great for value especially if you do not have a big house great fit in house. It also freeze everything well inside.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Very happy so far

We have only had this fridge a month but am extremely happy so far. I love having the freezer below and having drawers in there works well despite the fact you loose a bit of space. Both the freezer drawers and the fruit/salad drawer open easily which was not the case with our old fridge. Cooling performance is very good despite my children occasionally forgetting to close the door - the audible reminder comes in useful here. Overall I am very happy - I'll update if we have an reliability issues

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great reliable fridge

This fridge has lasted several years and never been a problem. The shelving is easy to move to suit youor needs and also easy to clean. Nice even temp throughout. I would also definitely recommend the upside type of fridge which makes more sense than having the freezer on top.

Date PurchasedJan 2010

Fantastic family fridge!

I have only just purchased this fridge after having my previous Fisher & Paykel fridge for over 12 years. This brand is reliable and lasts the test of time. This fridge is durable, practical and has plenty of space! All compartments are easy to open and the temperature remains cool, always keeping your food at the ideal temperature. Perfect for any family. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Sleek, modern and functional

First time purchasing a bottom mounted fridge which replaced my top mounted Westinghouse fridge that lasted 14 years.
Initially wanted a french door fridge but glad I changed it to a bottom mounted.

Purchased from Appliances Online and was extremely impressed with their customer service.
Ordered at 8.30pm by phone, changed my order at 11.30pm, delivered by 10.30am the following morning.
Delivery service included free installation and removal of the old fridge.
Fast turn around was due to stock being available in their warehouse.

Pros:
sleek, modern design, recessed handles gives it an understated and minimalist look
quality construction/material compared to other brands
quiet most of the time
spacious

Cons:
noisy at times, most probably the motor fan in action
egg compartment has no trays
similar to a previous reviewer - freezer door needs to be fully opened to access the trays

Apart from the minor cons, have been pretty happy/pleased with this fridge so far!

Great fridge

Great looking fridge, which controls temperature really well. Great space inside with some really sturdy shelves. It can be a litttle noisy at times but nothing too extreme just went you have loaded it up and its trying to get back down to temperature. I would have no issue buying this fridge again or recommending it to others

Great Fridge

Love all aspects of this fridge but the only 2 things that lets it down on my opinion
. is the freezer the drawers do not come out fully and therefor hard to use.
. Very noisy
.Great design
. Everything inside the fridge stays super cool
. smart crisp drawers

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Very good

Happy but sometimes it’s difficult to keep it open. The door hits the left shells of the pantry. It also will be better if you have more compartments for the milk. Happy with the temperature. Like the finish mat of the stainless steel. Perfect size for the pantry. I like to have one door, I was sick with the other fridge/ double door.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great looking fridge.

Great stainless steel design and very sleek. I am amazed by how strong the plastic trays are - apparently, it can withstand a 70kg of weight! The bottle chill feature is very neat and I do like the spaciousness of this fridge. Perfect for storing a large number of frozen meals.

Giving this a four star as the features are just very basic.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

At last, a User Friendly Fridge/Freezer

When our old side by side fridge/freezer Westinghouse broke down after 17 years faithful service, we initially thought to replace it with more of the same. However once we reached the white goods store, we were captivated by the so called "Bottom Mount" variety of items. Much more convenient for us senior citizens, having a full width fridge (unlike the side by side with only narrow fridge shelves) and the freezer at the bottom.

After comparing many diferent brands, we were drawn to this Fisher Paykel model as not only does the silver finish look rather special, inside the unit becomes a virtual "Tardis" with heaps of space in the fridge and easy slide drawers in the freezer.

The inset/recessed opening to the doors rather than extruding handles, ensures that little grand children fingers don't start grabbing and opening the dorrs when our backs are turned!

Only a month in but so far very impressed with our Fisher Paykel bottom mount fridge.

Great

This fridge is a great size for a family. The freezer has such easy access and has removable tubs to make cleaning and re organising easy. The shelves stay clean and are easy to wipe down. The outside stays very clean and can be easily wiped down with a wet cloth

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Perfect for a growing family

We had to buy a new fridge because my older son just started to eat with his teenage appetite and I suddenly need so much more food and I needed extra room for everything. This fridge is perfect, it is much more spacious than it looks and the fridge compartment is much bigger than the freezer and this is just what I need, I can store 5 bottles of juice and 3 bottles of 3 little milk on the side door, plenty of room to have 4 loaves of bread on one shelf and still room for everything and anything. I think it takes more than 500 dollars to keep it well stocked.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great fridge, really happy with it. Large and looks great in the kitchen.

Very happy with this Fisher Paykel fridge. Fridge is at the top and freezer at the bottom. Opted for stainless steel version which looks good. Large fridge and freezer and has very consistent cooling in all sections. Easy to access the temperature and alarm controls. This is our second Fisher and Paykel fridge and are happy with both.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Roomy, stylish and quiet

This is the first fridge with bottom freezer that I have and I am converted. It is very easy to use and love how my freezer is very roomy and organized. The fridge has ample space and delivers amazing performance. It looks very stylish int he kitchen and not bulky at all. The fridge is quiet in operation and I need to check sometimes if it actually is working.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Much better than expected, love the fridge

I was initially looking for a side by side fridge, however, after measuring the kitchen fridge cavity decided that RF522 Series Fisher & Paykel would give it a go this fridge did not disappoint. It was initially a bit noisy when first turned on but after a few hours it settled and I can hardly hear the noise anymore. I am happy with the bottom freezer as well it is a very convenient feature when my children get their ice-blocks or ice-cream. The fridge is very roomy and I love it!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Love this fridge,better than expected

This is my first fridge with bottom freezer and it is a great idea. I can see that the fridge is very roomy and everything fits. Easter with the family was a breeze and could fit everything that I planned to cook. This fridge is very roomy for entertainment. It is also quiet in operation and the cold air is distributed evenly just like it is described.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Fridge is seriously loud [old fridge was quieter] and freezer door moulding hits against internal moulding even with the chassis level requiring additional effort to close the door. Main door won't close auto (even though all levelled) and I am wondering how quick are F&P to service. Oh, registered the fault the day after it was dropped off with Winning Applicances and for now, spending slabs of time on hold!! [repetitive music is killing me!!! :( ] Comments please?

Our fridge has started beeping every time it is opened. How do we fix this? Also noticed that the active smart display in the fridge flashes red/green when it beeps.
Hi there, I can only think that you may have the cool mech. in the fridge on it's lowest setting?how many beeps? Each beep has a meaning.

I am looking for egg holders for Model RF522B. Do you have these?
Not any more

ActiveSmart RF522BLPX6 (Stainless Steel, Left Door, Recessed Handle)ActiveSmart RF522BRPX6 (Stainless Steel, Right Door, Recessed Handle)ActiveSmart RF522BLGX6 (Stainless Steel, Left Door, Bar Handle)ActiveSmart RF522BRGX6 (Stainless Steel, Right Door, Bar Handle)ActiveSmart RF522BLGW6 (White, Left Door, Bar Handle)ActiveSmart RF522BRGW6 (White, Right Door, Bar Handle)ActiveSmart RF522BLPW6 (White, Left Door, Recessed Handle)ActiveSmart RF522BRPW6 (White, Right Door, Recessed Handle)ActiveSmart RF522BRDUB5 (Black, Right Door, Ice & Water)
Price (RRP) $2,099$2,099$2,199$2,199$1,949$1,949$1,849$1,849$2,099
Dimensions 1720 x 790 x 695 mm1720 x 790 x 695 mm1720 x 790 x 695 mm1720 x 790 x 695 mm1720 x 790 x 695 mm1720 x 790 x 695 mm1720 x 790 x 695 mm1720 x 790 x 695 mm1720 x 790 x 695 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm Door Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm , Frost Free, Ice Dispenser and Water Dispenser
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelStainless SteelEZKleen Stainless SteelStainless SteelWhiteWhiteWhiteWhiteBlack
Handle Type RecessedRecessedExternal External External External RecessedRecessedExternal
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlassGlassGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves444444444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 222222222
Door Hinge Left RightLeft RightLeft RightLeft RightRight
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity