Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Mount (E522 FD Series)

E522BLXFD5 (Stainless Steel, Left Door), E522BRXFDU (Stainless Steel, Right Door), E522BRXFD5 (Stainless Steel, Right Door), etc... (See All)
See the Best Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

• Internal Layout
Bharat
BharatGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy to use, Plenty of space and the Ice maker is pretty awesome.

Has plenty of space to organise your groceries etc. the deep freezer is pretty good with 3 trays which all come in handy. I mostly store Flat breads in the middle one. The ice maker is always full and have plenty of ice all the year round. The plumbed function makes it all easy to get filtered and cold water.

nicknamenick
nicknamenick

Just purchased, enjoying the features of the fridge bar one aspect

just purchased this fridge, for its capacity and features its size is super efficient. so far everything works great, i've been logging internal temps and it is very well regulated. I noticed they no longer use panasonic compressors like in their old fridge but a brand im not familiar with.

we purchased particularly for the chilled water and ice feature, ice works great but one thing to note with the water, i find the first 250ml or so comes out room temp as its sitting in the pipe line between the dispenser and the reservoir , i would have thought they would run the pipe within the refrigerated section to prevent this but no.

so pretty much have to fill a cup and pour it down the drain then fill another for cold water. a bit silly.

Purchased in at 2nds World for $1,200.

Hybi
HybiPerth, WA

The size is perfect

The size of the fridge just fits my small kitchen and I really like the simple design of it.
It maintain a consistence temperature and the fridge is easy to open and close
Actually nothing is that special, it’s just like a normal fridge.

duicie76
duicie76Sydney, NSW

Bought One, on to my Thrid already

Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Mount (E522 FD Series) compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Sam
SamCanberra

Works great, keeps good temperature

This fridge is excellent, the shelves are a good size, the cold water dispenser works well the ice maker is good. The only downside is drawers in the freezer tend to lose things but having said that its better being able to see everything that's in the fridge instead. The LED lighting inside works well and keeps everything nice and visible. The only issue I have with it is that it dents very easily. We had a Samsung before this one for about 5 years that didn't have a mark on it, we have had this fridge for about 18 months now and already has two significant dents on it

MissT
MissTMelbourne

Great fridge, highly recommended.

We bought this fridge for a holiday home and I have to say it is very spacious, modern looking and fits smaller spaces than a double door fridge. I haven't connected the water yet, however. The glass shelves are easy to clean. The only annoying this is the crisper drawer opens all the drawers, as in you cannot open each one independently.

Brenden
BrendenAdelaide

Does what you expect

A good quality piece of kitchen equipment. The stainless steel finish is very serviceable. The finger prints are easily removed. Seems to be good on the power usage. The only negative is that it can get a little noisy at times. The interior is well laid out and easy to clean

Date Purchased

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Kathy
KathySydney

Built for a growing family

I needed a good fridge from my growing family, with two primary school students we need to store lots of ice-cream and frozen treat and the fridge has a bottom freezer, so easy for the little hands to access so mum can sit down and have a rest. The shelves in the fridge are roomy and very easy to keep clean as they are glass, the fridge is roomy and quiet, this is just what I wanted!

Lynda
LyndaSydney

practical and stylish

Purchased this fridge recently due to my old fridge (also Fisher and Paykel) started to freeze everything after 16 years of service. I could not be happier, this fridge is much roomier than it looks and I have no issues fitting everything including sliced bread loaves and deserts. It has very convenient glass shelves and it is very easy to keep clean and store everything on shelves. The choice of the left or right handle is also a great bonus. The fridge is very quiet when in operation and I even forget it is there. I really made a good decision and would recommend this fridge to anyone looking for practicality and style.

Alicia
AliciaBalwyn

Great fridge, I love the look and ease of organisation. The humidifier is great and keeps fruit and veggies fresh. The only tricky thing is keeping the stainless steel clean from children’s finger prints. I generally enjoy fisher products, great fridges washing machines and dryers which I have one of each

janine
janineSydney

Smart and stylish fridge

I like this Active Smart fridge technology and really distributes heat evenly and well, keeps all my food fresh and I noticed less waste since I got this new fridge, I also like the vegetable crisper basket and keeps my salad and vegetables fresh and crisp, the fridge is not noisy at all, in fact it is very quiet.

Raycheller
RaychellerSydney

Stylish & Spacious - But unreliable & buggy with poor freezer performance

Mara
MaraMelbourne

We love this fridge. The design in perfect. The fridge section is open and easy to see all items that are on each shelf and the freezer section the same with easy access drawers. One door fridges are far superior to french door! Highly recommend, you won't want any other fridge.

Olga F
Olga FSydney

Popular option, amazing performance

I am very happy with my new fridge. I wanted to get a side by side model but would not fit into my fridge cavity. I was a bit disappointed to get this bottom freezer model at first but when I got it home, I can tell that I am very happy. Could not have wished for more, so much space for all the products that I want to store, I can finally fit everything and looking forward to my big Christmas shop when I no longer need to compromise on space and can have everything that I wanted. The fridge is also quite quiet and does not make any noise like some other reviews suggest.

Alaa s.
Alaa s.Perth

Absolutley love it

I purchased this fridge and was a bit hesitant about the bottom mount freezer but after trying it I absolutely loved it. It adapts itself when new stuff were put into the shelves/ drawers by decreasing the temp. and then go back to normal after a few minutes. I love the filtered water option plus the boost ice option.

Rex C.
Rex C.asked
ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Mount (E522 FD Series)

Does anyone else experience a grating type noise when they open the freezer draw?

Megan
Meganasked
ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Mount (E522 FD Series)

Hi, the plastic cover that sits over the crispers drawers has fallen down and I can’t get it to fit back on. Where can I find instructions on that? Thanks

greg mckenzie-smith
greg mckenzie-smithasked
ActiveSmart E522BRXFDU (Stainless Steel, Right Door)

I took out and cleaned the evaporation tray at back. Disconnected water to replace flter, now after approx 4 hrs the fridge trips the power. If fridge is disconnected and then re-connected straight away-trips power again. If left overnight and switch on again in the morning will work fine for another 4 hrs-repeating same. Any suggestions?

GJW
GJW
See all Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Mount (E522 FD Series) questions

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Mount (E522 FD Series)

Compare all 16 Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Mount (E522 FD Series)
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,299.00$1,799.00$2,249.00$2,299.00
Dimensions 1715 x 790 x 695 mm1715 x 790 x 695 mm1715 x 790 x 695 mm1715 x 790 x 695 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Handle Type ExternalExternalExternalExternal
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves4444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins2222
Door Hinge LeftRightLeftLeft
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishEZKleen Stainless SteelEZKleen Stainless SteelStainless SteelEZKleen Stainless Steel
Capacity
Total Capacity 519 L519 L519 L519 L
Fridge Capacity 360 L360 L360 L360 L
Freezer Capacity 159 L159 L159 L159 L
Release date
Compare all 16 Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Mount (E522 FD Series)
  • MPN: 6873 and E522BRXFD5