27Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Mount (E522 FD Series)

Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Mount (E522 FD Series)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
27Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Mount (E522 FD Series)
4.1

83% · 7512 · 13%

3.7
3.0
4.3

Bharat
BharatGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC20 posts
  Verified E522BRXFDU5

Easy to use, Plenty of space and the Ice maker is pretty awesome

Has plenty of space to organise your groceries etc. the deep freezer is pretty good with 3 trays which all come in handy. I mostly store Flat breads in the middle one. The ice maker is always full and have plenty of ice all the year round. The plumbed function makes it all easy to get filtered and cold water. Show details
nicknamenick
nicknamenick6 posts
  E522BRXFDU

Just purchased, enjoying the features of the fridge bar one aspect

just purchased this fridge, for its capacity and features its size is super efficient. so far everything works great, i've been logging internal temps and it is very well regulated. I noticed they no longer use panasonic compressors like in their old fridge but a brand im not familiar with.

we purchased particularly for the chilled water and ice feature, ice works great but one thing to note with the water, i find the first 250ml or so comes out room temp as its sitting in the pipe line between the dispenser and the reservoir , i would have thought they would run the pipe within the refrigerated section to prevent this but no.

so pretty much have to fill a cup and pour it down the drain then fill another for cold water. a bit silly. Show details

Hybi
HybiPerth, WA3 posts

The size is perfect

The size of the fridge just fits my small kitchen and I really like the simple design of it.
It maintain a consistence temperature and the fridge is easy to open and close
Actually nothing is that special, it’s just like a normal fridge. Show details
duicie76
duicie76Sydney, NSW16 posts
Sam
SamCanberra89 posts
  E522BRXFD

Works great, keeps good temperature

This fridge is excellent, the shelves are a good size, the cold water dispenser works well the ice maker is good. The only downside is drawers in the freezer tend to lose things but having said that its better being able to see everything that's in the fridge instead. The LED lighting inside works well and keeps everything nice and visible. The only issue I have with it is that it dents very easily. We had a Samsung before this one for about 5 years that didn't have a mark on it, we have had this fridge for about 18 months now and already has two significant dents on it

MissT
MissTMelbourne16 posts
  E522BLXFDU5

Great fridge, highly recommended

We bought this fridge for a holiday home and I have to say it is very spacious, modern looking and fits smaller spaces than a double door fridge. I haven't connected the water yet, however. The glass shelves are easy to clean. The only annoying this is the crisper drawer opens all the drawers, as in you cannot open each one independently.

Brenden
BrendenAdelaide10 posts

Does what you expect

A good quality piece of kitchen equipment. The stainless steel finish is very serviceable. The finger prints are easily removed. Seems to be good on the power usage. The only negative is that it can get a little noisy at times. The interior is well laid out and easy to clean

Kathy
KathySydney4 posts
  E522BLXFD5

Built for a growing family

I needed a good fridge from my growing family, with two primary school students we need to store lots of ice-cream and frozen treat and the fridge has a bottom freezer, so easy for the little hands to access so mum can sit down and have a rest. The shelves in the fridge are roomy and very easy to keep clean as they are glass, the fridge is roomy and quiet, this is just what I wanted!

Lynda
LyndaSydney4 posts

practical and stylish

Purchased this fridge recently due to my old fridge (also Fisher and Paykel) started to freeze everything after 16 years of service. I could not be happier, this fridge is much roomier than it looks and I have no issues fitting everything including sliced bread loaves and deserts. It has very convenient glass shelves and it is very easy to keep clean and store everything on shelves. The choice of the left or right handle is also a great bonus. The fridge is very quiet when in operation and I even forget it is there. I really made a good decision and would recommend this fridge to anyone looking for practicality and style.

Alicia
AliciaBalwyn7 posts

Classy

Great fridge, I love the look and ease of organisation. The humidifier is great and keeps fruit and veggies fresh. The only tricky thing is keeping the stainless steel clean from children’s finger prints. I generally enjoy fisher products, great fridges washing machines and dryers which I have one of each

janine
janineSydney4 posts

Smart and stylish fridge

I like this Active Smart fridge technology and really distributes heat evenly and well, keeps all my food fresh and I noticed less waste since I got this new fridge, I also like the vegetable crisper basket and keeps my salad and vegetables fresh and crisp, the fridge is not noisy at all, in fact it is very quiet.

Raycheller
RaychellerSydney25 posts
Mara
MaraMelbourne6 posts

Great fridge

We love this fridge. The design in perfect. The fridge section is open and easy to see all items that are on each shelf and the freezer section the same with easy access drawers. One door fridges are far superior to french door! Highly recommend, you won't want any other fridge.

Olga F
Olga FSydney4 posts

Popular option, amazing performance

I am very happy with my new fridge. I wanted to get a side by side model but would not fit into my fridge cavity. I was a bit disappointed to get this bottom freezer model at first but when I got it home, I can tell that I am very happy. Could not have wished for more, so much space for all the products that I want to store, I can finally fit everything and looking forward to my big Christmas shop when I no longer need to compromise on space and can have everything that I wanted. The fridge is also quite quiet and does not make any noise like some other reviews suggest.

Alaa s.
Alaa s.Perth6 posts

Absolutley love it

I purchased this fridge and was a bit hesitant about the bottom mount freezer but after trying it I absolutely loved it. It adapts itself when new stuff were put into the shelves/ drawers by decreasing the temp. and then go back to normal after a few minutes. I love the filtered water option plus the boost ice option.

Katy D.
Katy D. · ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Mount (E522 FD Series)

I have a Fisher & Paykel Model E522BLXFDU5 (2 fridges side by side). It has started to leak lots of water. Why is this happening & how do I fix it? Thank you

Rex C.
Rex C. · ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Mount (E522 FD Series)

Does anyone else experience a grating type noise when they open the freezer draw?

Megan
Megan · ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Mount (E522 FD Series)

Hi, the plastic cover that sits over the crispers drawers has fallen down and I can’t get it to fit back on. Where can I find instructions on that? Thanks

Compare all Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Mount (E522 FD Series) listings
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,299$1,799$2,249$2,299
Dimensions 1715 x 790 x 695 mm1715 x 790 x 695 mm1715 x 790 x 695 mm1715 x 790 x 695 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Handle Type ExternalExternalExternalExternal
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves4444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins2222
Door Hinge LeftRightLeftLeft
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishEZKleen Stainless SteelEZKleen Stainless SteelStainless SteelEZKleen Stainless Steel
Capacity