Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (E522 FD Series)

Hybi

HybiPerth, WA

The size is perfect

The size of the fridge just fits my small kitchen and I really like the simple design of it.
It maintain a consistence temperature and the fridge is easy to open and close
Actually nothing is that special, it’s just like a normal fridge.

Purchased in March 2018.

duicie76

duicie76Sydney, NSW

Bought One, on to my Thrid already

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sam

SamCanberra

Works great, keeps good temperature

This fridge is excellent, the shelves are a good size, the cold water dispenser works well the ice maker is good. The only downside is drawers in the freezer tend to lose things but having said that its better being able to see everything that's in the fridge instead. The LED lighting inside works well and keeps everything nice and visible. The only issue I have with it is that it dents very easily. We had a Samsung before this one for about 5 years that didn't have a mark on it, we have had this fridge for about 18 months now and already has two significant dents on it

Date PurchasedJul 2017
MissT

MissTMelbourne

Great fridge, highly recommended.

We bought this fridge for a holiday home and I have to say it is very spacious, modern looking and fits smaller spaces than a double door fridge. I haven't connected the water yet, however. The glass shelves are easy to clean. The only annoying this is the crisper drawer opens all the drawers, as in you cannot open each one independently.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Brenden

BrendenAdelaide

Does what you expect

A good quality piece of kitchen equipment. The stainless steel finish is very serviceable. The finger prints are easily removed. Seems to be good on the power usage. The only negative is that it can get a little noisy at times. The interior is well laid out and easy to clean

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Kathy

KathySydney

Built for a growing family

I needed a good fridge from my growing family, with two primary school students we need to store lots of ice-cream and frozen treat and the fridge has a bottom freezer, so easy for the little hands to access so mum can sit down and have a rest. The shelves in the fridge are roomy and very easy to keep clean as they are glass, the fridge is roomy and quiet, this is just what I wanted!

Lynda

LyndaSydney

practical and stylish

Purchased this fridge recently due to my old fridge (also Fisher and Paykel) started to freeze everything after 16 years of service. I could not be happier, this fridge is much roomier than it looks and I have no issues fitting everything including sliced bread loaves and deserts. It has very convenient glass shelves and it is very easy to keep clean and store everything on shelves. The choice of the left or right handle is also a great bonus. The fridge is very quiet when in operation and I even forget it is there. I really made a good decision and would recommend this fridge to anyone looking for practicality and style.

Alicia

AliciaBalwyn

Classy

Great fridge, I love the look and ease of organisation. The humidifier is great and keeps fruit and veggies fresh. The only tricky thing is keeping the stainless steel clean from children’s finger prints. I generally enjoy fisher products, great fridges washing machines and dryers which I have one of each

Date PurchasedMar 2017
janine

janineSydney

Smart and stylish fridge

I like this Active Smart fridge technology and really distributes heat evenly and well, keeps all my food fresh and I noticed less waste since I got this new fridge, I also like the vegetable crisper basket and keeps my salad and vegetables fresh and crisp, the fridge is not noisy at all, in fact it is very quiet.

Raycheller

RaychellerSydney

Stylish & Spacious - But unreliable & buggy with poor freezer performance

Purchased in June 2018.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Mara

MaraMelbourne

Great fridge

We love this fridge. The design in perfect. The fridge section is open and easy to see all items that are on each shelf and the freezer section the same with easy access drawers. One door fridges are far superior to french door! Highly recommend, you won't want any other fridge.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Olga F

Olga FSydney

Popular option, amazing performance

I am very happy with my new fridge. I wanted to get a side by side model but would not fit into my fridge cavity. I was a bit disappointed to get this bottom freezer model at first but when I got it home, I can tell that I am very happy. Could not have wished for more, so much space for all the products that I want to store, I can finally fit everything and looking forward to my big Christmas shop when I no longer need to compromise on space and can have everything that I wanted. The fridge is also quite quiet and does not make any noise like some other reviews suggest.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Alaa s.

Alaa s.Perth

Absolutley love it

I purchased this fridge and was a bit hesitant about the bottom mount freezer but after trying it I absolutely loved it. It adapts itself when new stuff were put into the shelves/ drawers by decreasing the temp. and then go back to normal after a few minutes. I love the filtered water option plus the boost ice option.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Frechamj

FrechamjPerth

Solid

Had this fridge for 14 years and it has done 5 moves.onky had two issues with the fridge. First was freezer which stopped defrosting and it was a Friday arvo so that wasn't great. It was fixed Monday morning and been good since.
Excellent space and shelves adjustable.
Second are the wheels can break but can be bought for $30 to replace.

Date PurchasedNov 2004
Brent

BrentVictoria, 3752

Great Fridge!

Fisher & Paykel have been making this model for a while now and we love it. A few of our friends have the same one. Our current fridge has been going almost 10 years now without an issue at all and when and if our one goes, we will no getting another Fisher & Paykel.

Date PurchasedNov 2008
snowflake33

snowflake33Sydney

Love everything about the fridge, space, style and the price was great too!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Jimmy22

Jimmy22Sydney

Is a good fridge and ice maker albeit a bit noisy

The fridge capacity is excellent, it's easy to see everything that is in the fridge and it's a convenient depth and width. The ice maker works well and keeps the ice nice and full. Overall very happy with the machine the only thing is it is a fair bit noisier than the Samsung we had previously, nothing that's going to keep you awake at night but there is a discernible hum to it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

prettybossy

prettybossySydney, NSW

Very stylish and fits everything

When I was looking at this fridge online I was afraid that the freezer space is a little small in comparison with my previous fridge, however, when I got it home I love the spacious fridge space and the smaller freezer does not bother me at all. There is so much that I can fit, I can finally make jelly and cream desserts for my child and store them in the fridge on glass shelves. The fridge was a little noisy when the first connected and turned on but then settled and does not bother us at all.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Sue

SueSydney

Spacious and very attractive and comfortable

I was on the market for a new fridge and wanted to buy something spacious. However, did not want to make kitchen modification for the cavity that we have. I have chosen 519 L Bottom Freezer and looked up the fridge characteristics online on Fisher & Paykel website. There was a pdf that I could download with detailed dimensions. I ordered the fridge from appliances online and they could deliver it 4 days later. They also took away my old fridge at a very small cost. I am happy with the fridge and the service. The fridge is spacious and has glass shelves, I can store so many items and I am happy with the fridge.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Candice

Candice

perfect

Love this fridge. Fits our kitchen perfectly and is so spacious! Would definitely recommend. Can be just a little noisey at night but doesn't bother us too much. Beautiful colour and easy to clean.We got a left door as many other brands don't do this and we required this for our kitchen. Very happy.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

greg mckenzie-smith

greg mckenzie-smithasked

I took out and cleaned the evaporation tray at back. Disconnected water to replace flter, now after approx 4 hrs the fridge trips the power. If fridge is disconnected and then re-connected straight away-trips power again. If left overnight and switch on again in the morning will work fine for another 4 hrs-repeating same. Any suggestions?

GJW
GJW

Sorry Greg, I have no answer as yet. I have the same issue that has occurred to my E522B which keeps tripping the RCD. I have tested the heater element and it appears OK for the reading of this model (150 ohms). Did you end up finding the cause to your fault.
Regards GW

Stewart

Stewartasked

I have a E522BLXFD5. It’s making 2 beeps when door opens and there’s a red spanner on display. Only 6months old, just started doing this. Any ideas what this means?

fisher_man

Call Fisher Paykel service - machine is under warranty!

Ede

Edeasked

I bought a Fisher and Paykel fridge August 2009. It is no longer working, the fluid has drained out through a crack that seems to be in the walls of the fridge because the repairman could not find it. He says it’s not worth repairing. Is less than 9 years normal duration for this fridge?

LGC
LGC

I can't answer the question as we bought the fridge after boxing day 2017 which is still new to us. Till today, it is operating really well. Well, we do hope our fridge can last longer than 9 years.

Fridges usually last 40 - 50 years, or untli something like this happens