Electrolux EDV5051 / EDV6051 / EDV7051

Electrolux EDV5051 / EDV6051 / EDV7051

EDV5051, EDV6051 and EDV7051

Absolutely love it

Have had this Dryer for just over 4 weeks andchave found this to be the best investment l have ever made. For a full load of clothes it only takes 1 hour and all dry. There are different setting to which you can dry it with for example, fast, normal and gentle. There are others but I haven't used them.
Would highly recommend this product

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman Furniture Physical Store for $498.00.

Noise Level

Great washes fast but filter needs better design

The washing machine is fantastic and I find the clothes wash just as good on a 18 minute wash as they do with a 140minute wash. The only down fall I've found which is due to it washing so we'll is the filter needs changing alot more frequently. If it isn't changed it doesn't spin. And gets full very quickly. But best one we have owned. And getting the filter off is very difficult and messy having to take it outside each week it becomes full.

Purchased in December 2017 for $457.00.

Noise Level

Not the best but does the job

Ample option of settings to suit most of the fussy customers, easy to use & very attractive price for an European brand. can easily mount topside down or use as it is, I found bit slow in drying process, if you use clothes straight out from washer to dryer, this will increase running cost as it take pretty considerable time to fully dry not so wet cloths.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $494.00.

Great buy

This is the first dryer that I've bought. It's been 3.5 years old and is still going strong (touch wood!). The control panel is simple and easy to use. It also has some features that I find valuable such as:
- time delay: helps save money as I set it up for the dryer to start in off-peak hour;
- crease free: not 100% wrinkle free, but clothes are handled much more gently and out of the machine softer - though this function takes longer to finish;

I've seen some negative comments about this dryer can't dry clothes. My tip is:
- don't over load it
- when transferring clothes from washing machine to dryer, separate them and make sure sleeves, socks etc are not rolled or lumped together.

Purchased in February 2016 at The Good Guys.

Terrible - Does not turn on and barely 4 years old

I purchased this dryer in 2015. It worked well until over the weekend. I tried to turn the machine on and there is absolutely no power to the dryer. I tried plugging it into other powerpoint's and still no power whilst other appliances worked as per usual when plugged into the same outlet. The machine has broken and is barely 4 years old. I have always looked after my appliances well and for an appliance of this type to break in such a short period of time is quite disappointing. I contacted Electrolux yesterday and was told that to assess the machine it would cost me $145 for a service call out plus parts if required. This is about a third of the cost of a brand new machine. I submitted a complaint to customer care and they called today stating that they were "happy to send out a technician at a cost of $145" to assess the machine and that they would cover the cost of any parts. I think this is completely unreasonable for a product of this age. I have seen other reviews of a similar nature to this one on this page of the machine breaking with no power to it within a life span of 4-5 years which in my opinion is completely unacceptable. There's clearly an issue with the life span of this machine. If the manufacturer believes in their product, they would send a technician out at no cost to the consumer and repair or replace the product. Electrolux Customer Service is appalling. I have submitted a complaint to Fair Trading regarding the matter.

Purchased in January 2015 at Appliances Online for $478.00.

Great Dryer

This dryer is easy to use and keep clean. It has lots of different drying options that are simple to understand. I have used it for clothes, sheets and towels - no issues.

Purchased in January 2012.

Easy to fix and cheap to buy

I purchased one of these 5 years ago and it broke last year. I stripped it down and did some elimination. I thought that it might be the pcb, but to be sure, I purchased a new one. Stripped the new one and it was the pcb. It was very easy finding a pcb online and the pcb was under $150 delivered. Great having two of these dryers, just expensive to run all the time.

Purchased in October 2018.

7 years+ great service and still going strong...

We bought our Electrolux time machine (605 is a discontinued model) years ago after our Ariston died. We've had it serviced once in that time after it moved house bit it has been the most reliable washing machine i've ever owned.

Purchased in January 2011 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $600.00.

Noise Level

Four years old and no longer powers on.(Edited)

Edit: After commenting on the Electrolux Facebook page a representative contacted me requesting my details. After reading some of the online comments I was sure they weren't going to follow up. But how wrong I was! Another representative called asking about my issue and did their best to get it sorted. Had the tech out here to assess the problem and then he returned a few days later with a replacement part. Although I would have preferred that my dryer lasted several more years before having any issues, I am very happy with the effort put in by the Electrolux team. Thankyou Electrolux me and my family are glad to have our dryer working again!

Had this dryer for 4 years or so. A couple of days ago my wife tells me it no longer powers on. Tried it in another powerpoint and nothing. Looked up this issue online and found this is a common problem. Also discovered that Electrolux don't seem to care about their customers at all. And from their Facebook page it looks like if you do manage to actually get a hold of customer service you'll be most likely met with indifference and then if a technician does eventually turn up you may have to pay a call out fee and then a fee in 15 minute blocks. That's if you get a technician who can deal with the issue. If I can't repair my unit myself in a cost effective way and have to replace it I will never buy Electrolux or any other brand associated with the company. You need to start treating your customer as valued customers Electrolux. What I'm seeing is something that any business should be ashamed of.

Purchased in April 2015.

Noise Level
Hi Adam L, Kathy from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Dryer. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with model EDV5051. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Kathy, reference 819859. Thanks Kathy

Won't buy Electrolux again

- Drier sensor hopeless and doesn't work. Will stop and indicate it is finished, washing will be so hot it burns when touched but when it cools it isn't actually dry.
- Vent cover at bottom fell off after a week and will never stay on - not broken just faulty design.
- Will buy LG next time, have experience with them and they are great (especially the condenser drier.)

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Hi ConsumerOz, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the EDV6051. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me with reference 715098 at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

Great for the first 2 years

Loved this dryer for the first 2 years. Then it stopped drying properly. Clothes are not quite dry at the end of the sensor cycle. Wondering why this is happening. Have looked at the manual and trouble shooting but no help.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Hi, Julie from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Dryer. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with your dryer If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Julie Thanks JulieHi, I sent an email to Electrolux via their website on Wednesday 10 October 2018 regarding the above issue but received no reply. Do I have to write again? Will my email be answered this time?

Constant inherent circuit board problems with the EDV5051 & EDV6061

I have been amazed at some of the comments left by people who had purchased either the Electrolux EDV5051 or EDV6061. It appears as though the main front display circuit board on these machines fail some during warranty but most after warranty has expired. What is shocking is that Electrolux respond with, "We are sorry about your dryer, could you please email us to discuss the problems." When you do email/call/discuss, they talk your problem down to "it's wear and tear" or "Your not cleaning the filter" or every excuse under the sun to blame you so that they can avoid honoring their legal responsibilities. If you push the matter further, they say, "ok, i will talk to my manager and get back to you. When they call you back, they tell you as a gesture of good will, they will offer parts and labor at staff prices. Australian Legislation with regards to Warranty Claims DOES NOT STATE that parts and labor costs shall be shared between the manufacturer and consumer. It stipulates that the manufacturer shall be 100% completely liable for all parts and labor PERIOD!!. If it can be established that there is an inherent and consistent fault/failure of the product, then the product shall be replaced, refunded or repaired AT MANUFACTURERS COST. Even if it's out of warranty within a reasonable time period...Usually 12-24 months when the original Warranty period expired. In this case and as can be clearly seen by the scores of people who have purchased this machine, there is a consistent and constant inherent failure in which the main circuit board of the machine fails. Then Electrolux try to get out of their Legislative duties by trying to pin all the costs on the consumer and when the issue is pushed by the customer, Electrolux continues to try to get out of their Legislative (Mandatory) responsibilities by offering, "As a gesture of good will, we will offer parts and labor at staff prices." What a complete and utter Rort and major deception. This is completely Un Australian.

It would be good if each and every one of us could contact the ACCC and lodge complaints about this because the ACCC will only investigate if a large number of the same complaints are lodged with them. They will not investigate if there are only a few complaints (2 or 3). Cmon, lets all get on board and fight these crooks because good people are paying for a product that is manifestly defective from the outset. We need the ACCC to investigate why are their products so defective and why do they keep trying to evade their Legal Warranty responsibilities. Electrolux will not Recall the product cause it's much much cheaper to fight the consumers by attempting to swindle them out of their Legal Warranty Rights and Obligations....

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hi Adrikos, this is Zaida of Electrolux. I'm sorry to see that you've had a poor experience with our EDV5051 and service. If okay by you, I would like to investigate your claims further. Would you mind private messaging me your name and number and I'll give you a call to assist? Thank you and kind regards, Zaida.

Used Heavily Over Winter

We got this several years back but it was instorage and we finally got to use it properly over wintre - what a lifesaver! No more endless waiting for clothes to dr over days on the rack.
Its fairly quiet running and extremely easy to use and also set up. The only thing to remember is to empty the lint filter from time to time but apart from the t its set and forget. A real please to have warm dry clothes again!

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Unit dead, and no response from customer care

We bought the product 4 years ago.
It was barely used (may be 5 to 6 times in any given year).
Then just stopped working, with no reason.
Customer care (customercare@electrolux.com.au) have not bothered to respond to emails.
So, am at a loss. Other reviews indicate its a control panel. But its easier to buy a new one ( that is not an electrolux) than it is to replace it.
When it worked, the unit was fine.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Hi James B, Linda from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your dryer. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda Thanks,Sorry Linda, that is the exact same response given to everybody on this website, so it means nothing. With the severe disinterest and lack of response from the customer care department (prior to this review being published), I had no choice but to buy a new machine. And I bought one that works - because its not of the Electrolux brand. I will never buy anything from Electrolux again, and that is because of the poor service i.e. no service, received from the customer care department.

Not very noise and works well

Make sure that you keep the filter clean and this dryer could be very efficient. I am happy with the purchase and I like the way it works and it is not very noisy in comparison with my old drier. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good dryer and I expect it it to operate for years to come.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Family Constantly Uses It

We ahve had this for years now and every time I go past it it seems to be on! The family use it a lot and especially now that it is winter (Victoria) so there is no other way to get clothes dry. What can I say? It just works. It's simple enough that the kids can use it and solid enough to keep running for years without any maintenance. Its a good basic design and it always gets the job done. Would buy the same one again if needed.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Disappointed

It seemed ok till yesterday, 9 months after the 24 month warranty ran out. from two different electricians, my mate and the one Harvey Norman recommended ,it sounds like a cement mixer now and apparently that is a bearing failure. Also getting a quote is costly so it is a throw out job. What a waste of money and another Black Mark on Harvey Norman.
Changing brands and retailers. Fisher and Bagel looks good

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Hi Dan, Marina from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Electrolux EDV6051. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Marina. Thanks, MarinaOk Hello world, our Electrolux dryer has been repaired for free and is working well. Absolutely excellent service by their technician Mark at NG Electrical in Ballina.

Mixed Rating

5 star for warranty service, 1 star for terrible droning noise.
Purchased July 15, developed loud droning noise just before warranty ran out last year.
Terrific honouring warranty - prompt, ended up completely replacing the motor.
Unfortunately the droning started again a week later and has never stopped!
The dryer has dried well throughout but I'm getting nervous something electrical may go wrong so I'm off today to buy a new [different brand].

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Works Brilliantly Very Happy

I just got this because there is no way I am going through another winter without one. I remember wearing damp clothes last year! It is such a treat to put warm clothes on straight out of it - makes me realize what I have been missing out on!
Its very easy to use - a child could do it and it works perfectly. I have found it is a better idea to separate sheets and do them separately but on the coldest days i just put the washing straight out of the washer and it handles it no problem. This is a really great machine and I am totally stoked we bought it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Electrolux a poor choice. Bad design, poor product, EDV605

My family bought two EDV 605 sensor driers in March 2012 (purchase docs can be provided). Both have had problems just out of warranty/extended warranty. The first was repaired by a qualified electrician but has since failed again. The second failed in its 5th year.
The service manual provides a basic check procedure. Using that and swapping controller boards it is possible to say that one controller board has most likely fully failed, the other is at best suspect. In addition, the exhaust sensors on both appear to have failed. Motors and heaters still function on test.
It would appear that these are NOT isolated problems as this site has many questions about these problems.
When I contacted Electrolux the answer was a service call quoting:
• Standard Flat Rate - $145 including GST,
• Plus the cost of any parts required.
• Second appliance flat fee is $70.00 plus the cost of any parts required.
Bottom line - a new equivalent dryer from a reputable manufacturer would most likely cost less than repairing these two.
I would consider that devices like this should last and operate properly for more than 5 years.
To get at the exhaust sensor it is necessary to almost completely dismantle the machine - a big job to replace an essential failure prone part. At least the controller board is reasonably accessible!

Date PurchasedMar 2012