Electrolux EDV5051 / EDV6051 / EDV7051

Electrolux EDV5051 / EDV6051 / EDV7051

EDV5051, EDV6051, EDV7051

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now

unhappyblanco

unhappyblancoSouth East Queensland, QLD

so far so good - wide opening, lots of room, easy close door

Really happy with this dryer, not too noisy, wide opening door which is also east to close /open unlike a previous Simpson make which was not good. Pack also included a sticker with instructions that would suit updide down wall mount if required. Dial easy to use, clothes come out dry and towels are fluffy - so far so good!

Purchased in August 2020 for A$595.00.

Rocketrb

RocketrbSydney Surrounds, NSW

Here we go again!

I’m usually inclined to trust the value of a brand by the service you receive. This is the 2nd Electrolux dryer I’ve had that is lucky to last the warranty. This time I purchased extended cover for replacement to last 5years. Guess what, 5years/2 months and the main board/on/off switch has blown. After many repairs under manufacture warranty I’m reluctant to buy this brand again. Albeit the service was good from the brand Just unfortunate things are built for a certain amount of cycles or use these days. FYI we also have gone through two washing machines under the same brand.

Not very happy buying dryer and washing machines every couple of years.

Purchased in April 2014 at Harvey Norman for A$487.00.

j9

j9Wanniassa

Dryer squeaks and doesn't always dry

We bought the dryer in November 2015. For the last 6 months, the dryer will run at times, but not actually dry the clothes. Recently, it has started making an awful squeaking sound, hinting that it is about to pack up all together. Too many problems for such a small dryer. Should have read the reviews before buying an Electrolux! Never again.

Purchased in November 2015.

Vented Clothes Dryers

Find out how Electrolux EDV5051 / EDV6051 / EDV7051 compares to other Vented Clothes Dryers

lghulm

lghulmPerth, WA

Broken Down Dryer

I wish I had read the poor reviews on Electrolux before making my purchase. They have been a horrible company to deal with and their products just don't work properly as can be seen by the number of poor reviews. Wish we'd chosen another brand.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$549.00.

Steve

SteveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not long lasting.

My Wife & I bought this dryer to dry towels and sheets, there are only 2 of us in the house so the dryer has very little use. Recently it has been making very loud noises when tumbling anticlockwise but ok clockwise, so noisy it can be heard at other end of the house. We rang Electrolux who said out of warranty, we can of course charge you for a tech to visit, I mentioned applied warranty and believe you really should get at least 5 years out of a dryer, she argued that they don't know how much it has been used and you should expect wear & tear. We know how this has been used and in our opinion it has represented absolutely terrible value for money.

Peter W.

Peter W.Sydney, NSW

Didn't even last 3 years!!

We bought this when we renovated the laundry, though with little reviews around we simply trusted the brand. Move forward 3 years and we have since found the whole circuit board has died meaning that for the cost of the repairs we will now consider buying a replacement machine as next best option. Looking at options I reviewed the soon to be discontinued Electrolux 6kg Smart Dryer EDV605HQWA and sadly it has had so many poor "1 star" reviews that I find it hard to return to this brand!

Our machine has been vented externally so minimal condensation and usage has been at minimum 2 times a week.

Purchased in July 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$500.00.

Sara

SaraSydney, NSW

Perfect dryer.

This is the perfect dryer for my family, weather I need to dry a big load or a small load as it has a 3 different timing options. It’s simple to clean and easy to use

Purchased in April 2019 at Bing Lee for A$600.00.

Su

SuMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolutely love it

Have had this Dryer for just over 4 weeks andchave found this to be the best investment l have ever made. For a full load of clothes it only takes 1 hour and all dry. There are different setting to which you can dry it with for example, fast, normal and gentle. There are others but I haven't used them.
Would highly recommend this product

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Furniture for A$498.00.

Leeshorty

LeeshortyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great washes fast but filter needs better design

The washing machine is fantastic and I find the clothes wash just as good on a 18 minute wash as they do with a 140minute wash. The only down fall I've found which is due to it washing so we'll is the filter needs changing alot more frequently. If it isn't changed it doesn't spin. And gets full very quickly. But best one we have owned. And getting the filter off is very difficult and messy having to take it outside each week it becomes full.

Purchased in December 2017 for A$457.00.

roshnroll

roshnrollAU

Not the best but does the job

Ample option of settings to suit most of the fussy customers, easy to use & very attractive price for an European brand. can easily mount topside down or use as it is, I found bit slow in drying process, if you use clothes straight out from washer to dryer, this will increase running cost as it take pretty considerable time to fully dry not so wet cloths.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$494.00.

ATN

ATNCanberra 2600, ACT

Great buy

This is the first dryer that I've bought. It's been 3.5 years old and is still going strong (touch wood!). The control panel is simple and easy to use. It also has some features that I find valuable such as:
- time delay: helps save money as I set it up for the dryer to start in off-peak hour;
- crease free: not 100% wrinkle free, but clothes are handled much more gently and out of the machine softer - though this function takes longer to finish;

I've seen some negative comments about this dryer can't dry clothes. My tip is:
- don't over load it
- when transferring clothes from washing machine to dryer, separate them and make sure sleeves, socks etc are not rolled or lumped together.

Purchased in February 2016 at The Good Guys.

Sarah

SarahSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible - Does not turn on and barely 4 years old

Purchased in January 2015 at Appliances Online for A$478.00.

Robin

RobinDarling Downs, QLD

Great Dryer

This dryer is easy to use and keep clean. It has lots of different drying options that are simple to understand. I have used it for clothes, sheets and towels - no issues.

Purchased in January 2012.

Smith

Smith

Easy to fix and cheap to buy

I purchased one of these 5 years ago and it broke last year. I stripped it down and did some elimination. I thought that it might be the pcb, but to be sure, I purchased a new one. Stripped the new one and it was the pcb. It was very easy finding a pcb online and the pcb was under $150 delivered. Great having two of these dryers, just expensive to run all the time.

Purchased in October 2018.

DavidB

DavidBSouth East Queensland, QLD

7 years+ great service and still going strong...

We bought our Electrolux time machine (605 is a discontinued model) years ago after our Ariston died. We've had it serviced once in that time after it moved house bit it has been the most reliable washing machine i've ever owned.

Purchased in January 2011 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for A$600.00.

Adam L.

Adam L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Four years old and no longer powers on.(Edited)

Purchased in April 2015.

ConsumerOz

ConsumerOz

Won't buy Electrolux again

- Drier sensor hopeless and doesn't work. Will stop and indicate it is finished, washing will be so hot it burns when touched but when it cools it isn't actually dry.
- Vent cover at bottom fell off after a week and will never stay on - not broken just faulty design.
- Will buy LG next time, have experience with them and they are great (especially the condenser drier.)

Date PurchasedMay 2015

holidaymakerAU

Great for the first 2 years

Loved this dryer for the first 2 years. Then it stopped drying properly. Clothes are not quite dry at the end of the sensor cycle. Wondering why this is happening. Have looked at the manual and trouble shooting but no help.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Hi,
I sent an email to Electrolux via their website on Wednesday 10 October 2018 regarding the above issue but received no reply.
Do I have to write again?
Will my email be answered this time?

Adrikos

AdrikosSydney, NSW

Constant inherent circuit board problems with the EDV5051 & EDV6061

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Sparkx

Sparkxmelbourne

Used Heavily Over Winter

We got this several years back but it was instorage and we finally got to use it properly over wintre - what a lifesaver! No more endless waiting for clothes to dr over days on the rack.
Its fairly quiet running and extremely easy to use and also set up. The only thing to remember is to empty the lint filter from time to time but apart from the t its set and forget. A real please to have warm dry clothes again!

Date PurchasedMar 2015