MPN: EWF14933

Significant improvement over our previous washer

We purchased the Electrolux EWF14933 when our long standing Simpson top loader finally gave up the ghost. We'd been talking about getting a front loader for a while and one of the immediate pluses for this Electrolux, was the 9 KG capacity. It took a little time to become used to which of the many cycles we'd use as our "normal" setting. Unfortunately, we both found the user instructions a little hard to understand at first, but we eventually worked it out.

We wash everything in the Electrolux from towels and rugs through to "ladies delicates". We've found that it washes these items extremely well and is quite silent in its operation. Additionally, it uses significantly less water and detergent that our previous washer, which are added bonuses to the hip pocket.

All-in-all, we'd have no issue with encouraging people to take a serious look at the Electrolux EWF14933, if you're considering replacing your current machine.

Purchased in April 2018 at 2nds World Physical store.

Noise Level

Took time to understand the cycles of this electrolux machine

It has taken me a while to understand the nuances of the different cycles loads. For example, expecting to be able to load 9ks of washing was incorrect as the barrel bangs against the side wall on the Daily 60 cycle, with slightly more than 5k load; the short cycle Quick 18 does not efficiently wash cleanly anything but slightly soiled clothes. Being on tank water, I was hoping it would be an efficient cycle for me to use often.
I find I am using the mixed load most often, even though, the cycle takes a long time to complete. The delicate cycle works well with just a few items of clothes and is gentle on the clothes.
The door needs to be closed quite strongly and the start of the cycle makes a clunking sound which took me a while to realise was the normal sound. I am getting used to my machine, but would not buy the same one again, as it has taken too long to figure out. Sorry Electrolux.

Purchased in November 2018 for $995.00.

Noise Level

Very good washer for a good price.

Typically 2 loads a week of wash and so far all clothes are properly washed with no traces of dried detergent stains. Also no signs of any stress on the clothings being washed. Controls are intuitive, there was no need to refer to the manual.

Some downside with the machine was getting it ready for first use. One of the plug was almost impossible to remove for first use. I had tried all kinds of different tools and only finally got it out after almost an hour of trying. The other plug removed easily, just this one plug on the top was exceptionally hard.

Also when washing, the machine does seem to have move somewhat. Had to adjust it back in place. Not sure if it is because it was too light or have I set something up wrongly?

But overall a good washing machine and good value for money.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys.

Noise Level
Hi Esther, Narelle from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Narelle. Ticket 947111? We would really like to try to assist you.

Really love it!

I literally use it non-stop and it's very efficient. I do many washes from baby clothes to adults clothes to linen etc. And this machine can handle anything. I occasionally over fill it and it still cleans perfectly and doesn't use much water or energy. Very efficient.
I bought it cause I read good reviews of it. It doesn't make much noise and to me personally it looks nice to look at,it's very stylish.
After almost a year, it still works perfectly.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Do Your Research Before You Buy This Model!

I bought this washing machine and after getting it home and removing the transit bolts, levelling etc etc, we put on a load of washing. I thought I would use the Daily 60 cycle. Every now and then, the barrel would start banging against the machine walls. I soon discovered that it is because the Daily 60 cycle is actually only meant to have 5.5kg of laundry in it. In fact, the only cycle for 9kg is the 'cottons' cycle. The rest are below 9kg - in fact, the 'Quick 18' cycle is only for 1.5kg of clothing! Correct me if I'm wrong here Electrolux. I was about to pay a washing machine repairer to come and look at my machine because I thought there was something wrong with it. Thankfully, my repairer was awesome and actually found out about the load weight variances for different cycles. We bought this machine as we have tank water and needed something water efficient and obviously they get their stars up by having only a certain amount of water in per cycle - something that other machines use sensors for. I wish that when I bought this machine I had been told about the varying weights or I would have went with something more suitable for us. My own fault for not finding out, I suppose I just expect that when it says '9kg' you expect that every wash is for 9kg. It's not.

Don’t buy it

Salesman talked it up and sold it well but it’s very noisey, clothes come out wet spin cycle isn’t good. Can’t change to cold only wash. Not good at washing a big load have to split up my washing more. Seems to take longer to wash a load. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Margaret Linda from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the washer If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda Thanks

This machine does the job I wanted a Bosch but my partner wanted electrolux. I find it quiet and efficient. the clothes are always washed nicely and the cycles are great, there is less water usage and I make sure it gets cleaned after the daily cycles are finished. I also use vinegar to clen the inside

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Would'nt have anything else

Since seeing the effectiveness of front loaders overseas, my wife and I decided to give it a go by buying one upon our return home. It was one of the most satisfying purchases of recent times as it fits our requirements and the fact that it is a front loader, it gives us so much more space in the laundry. The most impressive feature? The quietness and the utter brilliance in keeping our washing clean and without significant wear. Love it!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

ok

Noisy and very sensitive machine. within first few months only had to replace the circuit board as it was not turning on. the features are good but not great. cant wash shoes
the rinsing at fast RPM is very noisy whereas compare to others are very quiet.

conclusion - ok machine

Date PurchasedJun 2016

So many wash options and so easy to use!

Love this washing machine. We can fit a good load in and there are so many options. If I'm looking for a super quick wash for a few items, I'll put it on Quick 18 mode. If I just want to 'freshen' my clothes up, I'll put them through 'vapour refresh mode'. Havent even tried all the options yet but so good to know that they're there if I need them. For our typical full load wash, we'll choose the 'Daily 60' mode, which takes just an hour and is best for a full load.

It's very easy and user-friendly to use in terms of the buttons and not extremely loud (but obviously being a washing machine, you will have some noise). I've found less creasing in clothes that go through the wash in this machine and usually can put delicates in without any issues.

The cycle times of the machine are also accurate and I like that it has a timer which shows you how many minutes until the wash is over so you can do other things before putting the clothes out to dry.

I also got the $100 westfield gift card upon purchasing this washing machine model - so if you're looking to buy, wait and see if there are any similar promotions happening as Electrolux seem to have bonus offers quite frequently.

Overall, I really recommend this machine to anyone - it makes washing more of a breeze than you would imagine :)

Fantastic machine

This is a fantastic washing machine. Clothes always come out clean. It has lots of different cycles to pick from and a good range of heats. Best part is the option to use set a timer for washing to begin. The refresh option is good for bedding that has been in the cupboard and you dont have time for a full wash and dry

Date PurchasedOct 2017

No problems in nearly a year

We purchased this as a combo with an Electrolux Heat Pump dryer.
We upgraded from a top loader (used front loaders before as well) and it serves a family of four very well.
Great washing results, energy efficient and quiet.
Can't fault this machine and would purchase it again at this stage.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Works well :)))

This is a great machine but only when on a complete cycle. I find that the quick wash doesn’t get the clothes clean enough. It’s a relatively quiet machine. Unfortunately, the coldest setting is 30’ unless on delicate/hand wash. A cold option would be a nice choice for everyday washes too. It’s a very reliable machine and has been well loved for many years.

Date PurchasedMar 2011

A couple of issues were annoying

It cleans and rinses well. It is very loud. Only 5 years old and thought we had a major fault with a grinding noise . Turns out it has 2 hoses and $110 later the appliance electrician just unplugged the 2nd hose and it was fine. Not even necessary he said.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Good machine but powder is not completely dissolved in the detergent drawer

I am concern that after each wash the machines leaves some detergent in the detergent drawer. It doesn't fully dissolves. Whenever I have some time I think I will need to contact Electrolux to solve this issue.
Apart from that, the washing machine do a good cleaning. Several washing options. Only noisy in the last rinse cycle for approximately 4-5 minutes.
We also bought the electrolux pedestal. The whole package looks great! We paid $975 at Harvey N.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Poor product, poor service

I just bought this washing machine and it already had water leaking from the bottom. I contacted the retailer only to be informed that Electrolux will only send a technician to inspect the following week. How long will it take to get it repaired or replaced? Probably another week. It is only 2-week old and it is going to take two weeks to be repaired. What a piece of junk!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Nicholas, Narelle from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Washing Machine. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Narelle ThanksHi, this is another fault after the leaky unit was being replaced. It went bang and jumped around damaging my wall this time (ticket no. 596847). After restarting the machine, it has this squeaking noise during normal wash. Had a technician come in and checked, saying there is no error code and no fault. Not only the product has low quality, but the technician is also incompetent, I'd say. I do not need a washing machine that can damage my house. I am requesting for a refund and please kindly have this rubbish picked up as soon as possible.

Not what I expected

I have always used front loader washing machines and when I had to replace my 15 year old machine I did a fair bit of research. I chose the Electrolux 14933. It had some great features; delay start, ultra mix technology, vapour refresh as well as having a 4.5 star energy rating. It also had a rated noise level of 52db which in thought would be acceptable.
This is where I was so wrong.
I have no problem with the wash features of the machine, they are as good as I expected. The noise of the motor when washing and spinning are good also but the noise of the pump which runs for the duration of all the rinse and spin cycles is terrible and loud.. It is a constant purging and pulsating noise which is most annoying. If you live in a unit or apartment complex, you could become the neighbour from hell especially if you use your machine early mornings or late evenings.
Would I buy again ? no way!
Thinking of building a shed outside to plumb it in there!

Clean Machine

I have found this machine to be worth the money so far, I'll elaborate further below.

The first thing that convinced me to buy this machine was the 1400rpm spin speed and large selection of wash cycles.

I have found the machine to be extremely quiet during wash cycles and only find it becoming louder during the final stages of the spin cycle when it hits maximum speed.

The clothes seem to come out extremely well rinsed on the 1400rpm wash cycles. During 800rpm wash cycles the clothes are noticeably more damp but still fairly dry compared to any other 800rpm washer that I've owned in the past.

The 9kg capacity is excellent as it allows you to wash almost anything around the house without any trouble, blankets, mats etc.

I would recommend this product to anybody looking for an energy efficient and affordable machine.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great washer.

This washer gives great results. Very economical for electricity and water. Great settings for each wash cycle.and it even has an 18 minute quick wash. Very quiet operation and timer is true to time. This washer has been very gentle on our clothes even on the 1200 spin setting where the clothes almost come out dry. I am very happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Good machine, lots of features. Get a stand though

I researched buying a front loader because I thought my fisher and paykel top loader was wrecking all our underwear and socks by making them get stretched in the spin cycle.

I decided on the Electrolux 9kg because I read a review where the reviewer said because the Electrolux mixed the washing powder before starting the wash it was activating the ingredients and making clothes cleaner. I’ve turned on the ultra mix option to do that pre mix and it seems to work although not noticeably much better than the f&p.

There is also many options (you need to be tech literate to use this machine) to extend the wash time for dirtier clothing. I tried a long wash for my sheets and whites that had stains and were discoloured and I feel that they are definitely whiter. I used soaker powder too. It took a few hours to do that wash!

I also like that you can load the machine at night and put it on delayed start to finish at say 9am and then wake up and hang the washing out.

I’m going to try the vapour functions too. If thinking of buying it I'd search up the manual online. Because for some of the features it won't take a full load of 9kg, for eg the quick 18 minute load takes a much lesser quantity of washing than a full wash.

What I did do was buy a front loader stand on Ali express for $95 which elevates the loader 17 inches and makes all the difference to loading and unloading. Luckily I have a teenage boy who was able to assemble the stand as it was in parts!

So far I’m quite happy with my purchase. One thing I did notice was that the towels come out much scatchier. I tried turning down the spin speed but that hasn’t sorted that. I think it’s something that happens with the front loaders. I’m not keen to use fabric softener to sort this though.

Date PurchasedJan 2018