Electrolux Purei9 PI91-5SGM

Electrolux Purei9 PI91-5SGM

Does not connect to cloud

The vacuum itself works fine, but we were upsold at Harvey Norman to this superior model with great features we simply cannot use as it will not properly connect to the cloud (it won't display or acknowledge time). We've been on the Electrolux Forum, but it's vague and unhelpful - the troubleshooting section simply states it will connect so that should be that. We've used 2 different android phones (both connect), we use 2.4 ghz, we've uninstalled and reinstalled from beginning, we've turned everything off and on again etc. etc. Had enough, it should not be this hard with a new and expensive product. Going to return it this weekend as it's really little use to us if it doesn't work properly.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Noise Level
Ease of Programming / Scheduling
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Tiles
System Errors Every time
We also took the unit to another property that only has 2.4Ghz, uninstalled and reinstalled everything again - still no joy. It's been returned now to Harvey Norman.

Cleans better then most! Lacks tech features.

This vacuum cleans well for a robot vac, it can save you a heap of time. The only downfall with me personally is it can't find home when its low on battery and struggles to find its charging station and then stops somewhere randomly in my house, btw my house is quite large (approx 400sqm under roof lowset) so it can be annoyance looking for it. I also have a walk in shower in my main bedroom so without the virtual wall feature it runs the risk of sucking in water (had to use its box as a wall). It can't clean specific zones so everytime i go to start it, it begins in the same area, we would rather it allow us to select certain areas ie if someones coming over and i'm at work we can login and get it to clean the entertainment area only then we are ready to entertain when i get home. The spot clean is designed to clean a small area if my kid drops stuff on the floor, it seemed quicker to get a dust pan and sweep it up. The unit delivers great cleaning no doubt about that, just the tech side lacks compared to others on the market. If you have thin legged furniture it can bang into it.

If you buy one you will love it if tech ain't a big thingy for you and your family.

The tech support and after purchase support from electrolux are second to none and are happy to help when you need it.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

worth every cent

First time robot user. I am so happy with the Electrolux Purei9. I use it everyday. we have wooden floorboards. works well on carpet as well. So easy to use, controlled from your phone if you like, suction and cleaning is amazing. Love it. Although its priced higher than many others its worth it. highly recommend.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Out does the rest!!

Bought the Purei9 this week, upgrading from the Miele Scout RX1 and there isn't a comparison. From the suction, to the mapping all controlled from your phone, this vac is exceptional. As we live in a large house, Lux (our name for her) will do as much as she can, go back and charge and come back out to where she left off. What amazes me is what it can pick up and does a better job on the carpets than my stick Dyson!
This is at the higher end price wise but worth every cent. I highly recommend

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Remarkable vacuum!!! the best I've owned

I bought the Purei9 from a Harvey Norman two weeks ago and I have to say this a a wonderful vacuum! I've owned robot vacs before and its great to how far the navigation technology and actual dust pick up have improved compared my old robot vac purchased 5 years ago.

I was truly staggered at the amount of dirt this little beauty pulled from my carpets, but more than anything it's the fact this this robot vac is amazingly independent. My old robot would often get stuck under the couch, or would simply run out of battery in some random room. Not the Purei9. So far I've used the app to schedule a daily clean when I'm at work and it has always finished the job and made it back to the charger, meaning I don't have to go looking for it when I get home. More than anything, this means I don't need to vacuum every other day - it's perfect and worth every cent!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Wow!

This vacuum makes my old Dyson barrel look so shabby. I was staggered to see what it collected from our carpet. My wife's hair and our pet's hair filled the container and I even had to empty it half way through the first room. 4 empties later and the first vacuum was complete. Love the App and so easy to use. This product was worth every cent of my hard earned and now I vacuum when I am at work or shopping...remotely! Awesome product.