Elina 40

Elina 40

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

hebbs

hebbsOakleigh

Keeps going and is reliable

Purchased at Spotlight Retail Stores.

Thick Fabric Performance
Sewing Experience Level Advanced

piccolacassa

piccolacassaVictoria

Even as an entry level machine - difficult to work with. Tension is a challenge.

Purchased at Spotlight Retail Stores for $400.00.

Safety
Sewing Experience Level Intermediate
cmbg

cmbgFar North Queensland, QLD

Dont expect response from elna customer service

Good machine purchased from spotlight. Needle threader broke after 2 month. Spotlight could not order replacement part and elna customer service firstly failed to ring them back several times and then directed me to a service centre 250 km away for a $15 part. If you're going to sell the machine in places like Cairns you need to provide some backup service

Purchased in March 2019 for $435.00.

Safety
Thick Fabric Performance
Sewing Experience Level Advanced
rhondadknight

rhondadknightSouth East Queensland, QLD

really bad

When a sewing machine takes over an hour to sew 6 inches, there is some serious problems, I have been sewing for over 50 years so I know sewing machines. This thing just skips, breaks needles, breaks cotton, regardless of the correct tension, correct needle, the correct thread makes no difference, will never buy an Elna ever, I would rather sew by hand.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

thread tension & needle inserting

The upper thread tension needs to be constantly adjusted for both straight sewing and zig zag stitches. It is very loose and easily pulled out. I have had to set the dial at almost seven to get the stitching anywhere near even. There is barely enough room beneath the upper housing to get my fingers underneath to change the needle. I find sewing has become a very frustrating and unpleasant experience since I purchased this machine about 6 months ago.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

kim maree

kim mareeSouth-East, TAS

Reliable and intuitive

I just really enjoy using this machine and it's never let me down yet. I've had it over 4 years and sew all the time. It's intuitive and easy to operate and is serving me well as I delve into quilting. I don't use half of the functions available but I'm very happy with it. It's a good weight without being too heavy and it's quiet. Stitches perfect every time.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Terrigalteas

TerrigalteasGosford

Never again

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Diantina

Diantina

Good sewing machine

Easy to use. Only negative is that the cotton reel holder on the top is very awkward and there is no access to the small section that can hold the bits and pieces. The bed has to be removed and when you do everything falls out. Apart from that it is good. It sews rubber backed material which my u-beaut expensive Brother won't and also allows me to use shirring elastic, another item that the Brother will not allow. I am very happy with it as I purchased it on special for $299 at Spotlight but would be hard pushed to recommend it at its normal price of $899.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
frustrated

frustrated

Hate it!

I agree with you! I am a reasonably experienced sewer & I've had an Elna SP for over 40 years. Stupidly I decided I would upgrade - Elina40 would make a better boat anchor (apparently made by Janome). I have trouble with tensions all the time. Absolutely hate the fact that when you switch off after a session & go back to sewing again, you have to reset all the stitching - doesn't hold the last settings. The foot pedal sticks & the machine just sews all on it's own, only way to stop it is to switch it off! I also bought mine at Spotlight. I Have persevered with this machine & have decided to try another - but will get a genuine Elna this time.

Date PurchasedDec 2012
Peter M.

Peter M.

This machine single-handedly killed my love of sewing!

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Annabelle35

Annabelle35AU

Great!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Pleasure to do sewing

I bought my Elina 40 in May 2015 at Spotlight and I love it. I am doing sewing alterations and work on my Elina almost every day with no problem. It is so easy to stitch a buttonhole and it looks professional. The machine is user friendly. With my Elina, the best is to sew with a good quality cotton, otherwise the upper tension can be a problem.

Annie

AnnieAnnie

so far so good

I bought this machine to replace my old one which I have the other famous brand for 10 years. Love this machine it has a lot of functions that will never disappoint oneself. Have never enjoyed sewing that much. Price is very reasonable so no need to go for the famous brands . I will recommend to anyone.

Kate - Sew Craft Cook

I love this machine, I have put a long review on about how good this is, this machine has a one step button hole which is perfect for beginners and experienced sewers too, it has stitch length and width, a few useful extra stitiches and a few fun ones too and has speed control which is a big bonus for kids and when do intricate work so you don't have to worry about your foot control if you are less experienced.

It's Awesome for Kids

Kiki79

Kiki79AU

Easy to use Elina 40 sewing machine

I'm really happy with my Elina that I bought myself from Spotlight for mothers day. Its really easy to use and I have had no issues with it, the self threading needle is fantastic. I even let my 5 year old daughter use it. Can highly recommend it to anyone looking for a sewing machine.

Robinalice

RobinaliceAuckland

I'm loving sewing all over again

Got the Elina 40 as a Mother's Day gift. Best gift ever. Have made 4 dresses, 3 skirts, curtains and a shirt so far. I have a Bernina which is very big and heavy and has zillions of stitches that I never used and this little chap just hums along quietly.I sewed different weight stretch and cotton fabrics without any problem. The needle threader is great especially as I now don't have to peer over my glasses to thread the machine. It is a no nonsense little machine that does everything an enthusiastic home sewer can throw at it.

Kim

wonderful upgrade

Sharon Bevan

Sharon Bevan

simplicity

Love this machine. Perfect stitches, easy to change from one style to another, easy to thread. Uncomplicated to use. Highly recommend