Essential Beauty

Pros

• Warm, welcoming, professional staff

• Beauty services performed efficiently

• Accommodates walk-in appointments

Cons

• Piercing services sometimes rushed

• Rates and Fees
  • Job Satisfaction

Claremont Quarter piercings

Unfortunately I would never recommend the Claremont Quarter store in WA after my daughter has had 2 piercings literally fall out of her belly button. When she went to the Innaloo store to ask their opinion this week, she was told that both piercings had been pierced wrongly and she was offered the name of the manager to call for a ‘free piercing later’. I wouldn’t let her set foot again in any of your premises for fear of a mutilated stomach, her belly button already looks terrible from both attempts. I am so disappointed that this has happened and question your training practices. In my opinion you should stay away from Essential Beauty services for your own safety and well-being.

Sophie T.Essential Beauty

Dear Jan, we are very sorry to hear this. We would like to resolve this with you. Can you please email us the dates of piercing, your daughters name and any other details to community@essentialbeauty.com.au?
Thank you.

Jan
Jan

Thank you for your reply as I am really disgusted with what has happened so far. I will speak to my daughter regarding approx dates, I certainly know who did the piercings as I accompanied her both times.

Greg
Greg Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exceptional service

I made a call to essential Beauty in chirnside park and my first impression by the phone call from Jess made me feel very comfortable with this store. I went in with my 11 yr old daughter and was greeted with a warm and genuine smile from Jess and her colleugue( don’t know her name) and made my daughter feel very relaxed.
From the start of a phone call to end product was totally wrapt with such friendly professional service.... great job Jess and other colleague there who even wanted to come in and hold daughters hand lol

Sophie T.Essential Beauty

Hi Greg, thank you so much for your wonderful review about our salon in Chirnside Park! We hope to see you both again soon.

Spy67
Spy67Perth, WA

Fantastic

I have had treatments done by Renee and Nat at Cannington and they are both fantastic. They listen to what I want and go the extra mile to get it done. I read a nasty review about Renee which couldn't have been further from the truth and it could only have come from a co-worker.

Sophie T.Essential Beauty

Hello! Thank you so much for your lovely review about our Essential Beauty Carousel team!

Satisfied

Amazing service, each piercing has healed greatly. Highly recommend. Really nice people with great communication. Very happy and looking forward to making a come back every few months. Thanks legends.

Sophie T.Essential Beauty

Hi Dylan, thank you for your lovely review about piercing at Essential Beauty :)

Elygreen
ElygreenPerth, WA

Horrible piercings

I have been there to get my conch, belly button and tragus pierced. All of which are still infected after MANY months. I was never informed of proper care of my piercings and they also did not put the appropriate jewellery suitable for fresh piercings. After seeking help from a professional, and having many attempts of saving my piercings, I have to take them all out and let them close over before getting them pierced and having to pay for it again. NOT HAPPY

Nisha
Nisha Perth, WA

Cockburn - lash lift and tint and ebt Jess M

So happy with my lashes and eyebrows!! Jess M explained everything she was doing (because my eyes were closed) AMAZING RESULTS!! Have been here before and staff are always amazing!!

Cranbourne Park store

Really lovely staff who make you feel at ease and do a really great job! I’ve gotten a wax here twice now and it’s been perfect each time. Highly recommend!

Britt G.
Britt G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cranbourne

Had my nose, ears done and my sister also loves this place. Great staff member!! Ladies were extremely caring and understanding, they definitely know what there doing. Made my experience really comfortable! Highly recommend!

Courtney K.
Courtney K.South East Queensland, QLD

Essential Beauty Chermside , exceptional service

What an amazing experience ❤️
Jaclyn and Mel , was so caring and knowledgable , felt completely at ease and they created the best experience . HIGHLY RECOMMEND these two lovey experts , best service ever :)

Hi Courtney,

Thanks so much for the great review!! We're so happy to hear this :)

KimPerth, WA

Worst daith piercing ever

Had my daith pierced to find that even after using proper aftercare it swell enclosing the barbell as the piercer useythe wrong size piece of jewellery no signs of infection

Store LocationRockingham
Bella
Bella Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

**Horrible Piercing Job And Service At Melbourne Central Store**(Keloid scarring)

Sophie T.Essential Beauty

Ears constantly infected despite doing all aftercare properly.

Tiff
Tiff Victoria

Essential beauty fountain gate

I would like to thank the lovely Mary! She was amazing my tan was applied professionally and without crazy streaks and she definitely knew her stuff! Such a kind lady and would definitely go back! Visited heaps of salons this one tops it!

Hi Tiff,
Thank you so much for the lovely review, we're so happy you loved your tan and your time at Fountain Gate.
We'll pass this onto Mary!!

Phil I.
Phil I.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible

The company uses cheap wax and makes a skin product called Tonic itself and sells it for $50, when it costs $2 to make. Tonic is absolute rubbish and does nothing for your skin.

Krystina S.Mid West, WA

Awful, bad piercings

Got my daith pierced and the lady pierced it in the wrong spot, too deep and too far out of my ear. It got infected despite following all the after-care instructions, I chose to get it removed. The lady who did it said "I know its in the right spot because I did it", pfft!!! Yeah right.

I contacted EB on Facebook and they've told me again that the placement is right, which is is NOT right. I wasted 70 odd dollars getting a dodgy piercing which never would of possibly healed and they don't even wish to refund it. I spent over 250 in one go here.. EB is never be getting my business again. All they see is dollar signs so please take your money elsewhere! To a professional!!

Store LocationGeraldton

Skye
Skyeasked

what is the brand of your jewelry?

Sophie T.Essential Beauty

Hi Skye, we have our body jewellery professionally manufactured for Essential Beauty. Thank you :)

Asiya I.
Asiya I.asked

Are your jewellery sterilised before used?

Kerry06
Kerry06

It seemed like a very clean salon

Check with the company

Sophie T.Essential Beauty

Our highly trained Piercing Specialists at Essential Beauty follow strict body piercing procedures in a sterile environment, using disposable tools and autoclave sterilised equipment and jewellery.

Adriel M.
Adriel M.asked

Is the equipment for piercing the ear lobe sterilised?

Ask EB

Get an answer from our members and Essential Beauty representatives

Features:

Essential Beauty is a network of over 60 beauty salons across Australia that has been performing beauty services for women and men since 1990. The salons boast a 100% female staff of beauty therapists and piercing specialists, to help you feel more safe and secure.

The franchise offers a range of beauty services:

• Waxing: The salons offer arm, leg, underarm, bikini, back, chest, and facial waxing. For those worried about removing hair down there, staff across the franchise have performed over 4 million bikini waxes since the brand’s inception.
  • Ear and body piercing: Onsite piercing specialists can give you an ear, nose, belly, dermal, eyebrow, lip, tongue, nipple, or (female) genital piercing - with discounts offered when you do more than one.
  • Lash & tint services: These services include brow waxing and tinting (including with henna); lash tinting, lifting and extensions; and false eyelashes.
  • Laser & IPL: Beauty therapists can remove your unwanted hair with laser and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) - they also offer a free consultation beforehand to assess which treatment is right for you.
  • Spray tans: You don’t have to harm your skin through excessive sun exposure just to bronze up - Essential Beauty offers natural-looking spray tans for a variety of skin tones with a vegan, cruelty-free formula enriched with aloe vera, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E.
  • Facials: Brighten up your complexion with a 15-minute or 30-minute facial treatment that involves deep cleansing, exfoliating, extractions, masks, and rebalancing your skin’s pH levels - giving you results your skin will thank you for.
  • Threading: Beauty therapists at the franchise do a 4-zone brow consultation and threading service to give you symmetrical brows that suit your bone structure and any personal preferences you have.
  • Microdermabrasion: If you’re after a deeper exfoliation and rejuvenation treatment that leaves your skin looking softer and smoother, then the microdermabrasion or hydrodermabrasion therapy offered by Essential Beauty may be just what your skin needs.
  • Semi-permanent makeup: Love makeup but hate putting it on? Semi-permanent makeup can help you look polished even when you’ve just woken up - Essential Beauty offers semi-permanent eyeliner, lash thickening, and brow definition.

What have reviewers had to say about Essential Beauty?

For the most part, reviewers found that the staff at Essential Beauty were warm, welcoming, and highly professional. Most reviewers said that the beauty services they received were carried out well and efficiently - citing that there was a relatively minimal amount of pain (for those who visited a salon for a wax).

Reviewers appreciated the high level of privacy in the salon itself and the attention to detail of the beauty therapists. Although bookings are recommended (particularly if you’re short on time), reviewers said that staff were usually accommodating to walk-in appointments.

Among the negative reviews for Essential Beauty, most were to do with the franchise’s piercing services, with many reviewers citing that their piercings were rushed, and as a result in some cases, very uneven.

Something to consider:

Reviews for Essential Beauty have mostly been positive, however you should take into consideration that it is a franchise with different staff across different locations. Because of this, your experience may vary depending on the salon you visit.