Verified🏆 2024 Award

The ReviewerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC16 posts

chris m.
chris m.

Wonderful staff, healing great

I got my Bridge pierced at Tea Tree Plaza 2 days ago and it was such a wonderful experience. The piercer was so kind and understanding about my fear of needles and talked me through every step of the process.
So far it’s healing very well with no swelling and minimal soreness. I will definitely go there again for my septum and eyebrow after this is fully healed :} Show reply
annelisa
annelisaPerth, WA24 posts

Essential Beauty   DM

Hi Lisa, We would like to investigate this further for you. If you could please email community@essentialbeauty.com.au with your appointment details and any other relevant information, we will begin looking into this.

- Essential Beauty

CoralieB
CoralieBPeel, WA3 posts

Hands up to the girls

I’ve been using Essential Beauty for many years. Caitlin and Sarah are my favourites but all the girls are amazing. I’ve used every available service other than piercings. I could not fault anything every experience has been an amazing relaxed experience.

Thank you to all the staff at Mandurah Forum

10/10 ❤️ Show reply

SophiePerth, WA3 posts

Fantastic customer service

I had fantastic & friendly staff. I had an earring issue & they sorted it so well. Friendly & good customer service. Show reply
Charlotte
CharlotteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Second ear piercings

I went to essential beauty in Melbourne CBD to get my second ear piercings done a while ago. When I booked online the service was for a 'needle' however at the clinic they brought out a piercing gun. I went ahead with the process, which I now deeply regret. Since then it has been badly infected and I have just made the decision to take them out permanently. Would not recommend essential beauty for piercings! The piercer had very little experience with piercings and it was all very rushed.
stella
stella

Karen Myburgh
Karen MyburghPerth, WA3 posts

Best Service in Town

I regularly attend the Essential Beauty Salon in Cockburn and my consultant is Amy. She is a friendly, very experienced Beautician and always gives me the best service. When I leave there I feel awesome as I know she has done a great job on my waxing and I feel confident and radiant. Thank you Amy for your excellent service on every occasion. Show reply
DaisyGirl
DaisyGirl2 posts

Vey happy with service at Essential Beaty

Essential Beauty were fantastic. Had an appointment yesterday to get my ears done. I felt very welcome in store and very safe too. The ladies were so nice and the store was clean and I recommend Essential Beauty for anyone wanting to get ears or nose done. Very happy :) Show reply
Michelle Toner
Michelle TonerSydney, NSW3 posts

Disappointed

Went to MacArthur square asked to have my grandsons eyebrows waxed with sensitive wax do not touch middle of eyebrows we have being having laser , Janelle not only waxed where I had just had laser she waxed top of one eyebrow uneven asked for just underneath he is 13 uneven eyebrows . I really should not have paid for a complete bad service , this is a beauty and salon he has been to 9 times previously lost for words

Disgusting Service

Essential Beauty Rouse Hill are completely unprofessional, rude, highly offensive, inconsiderate and I’m sickened that they work in the beauty industry. If I could give a 0 star rating I would. Don’t do it to yourself, save your time and money and go elsewhere.
Jacinta H.
Jacinta H.Perth, WA

Lovely, caring and knowledgeable staff

I just had my tragus and helix done by Maria at Midland gate Essential Beauty and she's great. She also did my nostril piercing around the end of 2022 and she couldn't have made me feel more comfortable in her hands. Show reply
VAC
VAC

Not bad

I’ve never used this place and the girl who waxed me was lovely and very professional however, I think my wax could of been waxed a little better. I was plucking out hairs still. Price was reasonable though. Show reply
Ros
RosPerth, WA

Very happy

Had a Brazilian wax with Tenika…. Very professional, on time and efficient. Will definitely ask for her next time… Show reply
Dee H.
Dee H.

Skull earrings

I had 4 skull earrings fitted in my ears
The next day one had fallen off and was lost the next day after that another skull fell off and then the third was missing. I now have only one remaining. I spent 140 dollars on them and are now without earrings.
Pretty disappointed
Can’t have been screwed in correctly

Brigitte b.
Brigitte b.

I ve put an order yesterday and no email of confirmation,how long does it take to deliver in Qld?

Shakiya
Shakiya

Am I entitled for a refund of a tongue piercing if it hasn’t been pierced right ? It is pierced on an angle , such bad service. Perth City essential beauty

Kitty
Kitty

Hi everyone!
I am soon to get my first piercing, the normal lobe one. I am nervous after reading the reviews and was wondering how my piercing would go at the essential beauty store, carousel. Is there any positive or any sort of advice that I can have please, I am so nervous!

Features:

Essential Beauty is a network of over 60 beauty salons across Australia that has been performing beauty services for women and men since 1990. The salons boast a 100% female staff of beauty therapists and piercing specialists, to help you feel more safe and secure.

The franchise offers a range of beauty services:

• Waxing: The salons offer arm, leg, underarm, bikini, back, chest, and facial waxing. For those worried about removing hair down there, staff across the franchise have performed over 4 million bikini waxes since the brand’s inception.
  • Ear and body piercing: Onsite piercing specialists can give you an ear, nose, belly, dermal, eyebrow, lip, tongue, nipple, or (female) genital piercing - with discounts offered when you do more than one.
  • Lash & tint services: These services include brow waxing and tinting (including with henna); lash tinting, lifting and extensions; and false eyelashes.
  • Laser & IPL: Beauty therapists can remove your unwanted hair with laser and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) - they also offer a free consultation beforehand to assess which treatment is right for you.
  • Spray tans: You don’t have to harm your skin through excessive sun exposure just to bronze up - Essential Beauty offers natural-looking spray tans for a variety of skin tones with a vegan, cruelty-free formula enriched with aloe vera, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E.
  • Facials: Brighten up your complexion with a 15-minute or 30-minute facial treatment that involves deep cleansing, exfoliating, extractions, masks, and rebalancing your skin’s pH levels - giving you results your skin will thank you for.
  • Threading: Beauty therapists at the franchise do a 4-zone brow consultation and threading service to give you symmetrical brows that suit your bone structure and any personal preferences you have.
  • Microdermabrasion: If you’re after a deeper exfoliation and rejuvenation treatment that leaves your skin looking softer and smoother, then the microdermabrasion or hydrodermabrasion therapy offered by Essential Beauty may be just what your skin needs.
  • Semi-permanent makeup: Love makeup but hate putting it on? Semi-permanent makeup can help you look polished even when you’ve just woken up - Essential Beauty offers semi-permanent eyeliner, lash thickening, and brow definition.

What have reviewers had to say about Essential Beauty?

For the most part, reviewers found that the staff at Essential Beauty were warm, welcoming, and highly professional. Most reviewers said that the beauty services they received were carried out well and efficiently - citing that there was a relatively minimal amount of pain (for those who visited a salon for a wax).

Reviewers appreciated the high level of privacy in the salon itself and the attention to detail of the beauty therapists. Although bookings are recommended (particularly if you’re short on time), reviewers said that staff were usually accommodating to walk-in appointments.

Among the negative reviews for Essential Beauty, most were to do with the franchise’s piercing services, with many reviewers citing that their piercings were rushed, and as a result in some cases, very uneven.

Something to consider:

Reviews for Essential Beauty have mostly been positive, however you should take into consideration that it is a franchise with different staff across different locations. Because of this, your experience may vary depending on the salon you visit.

CategorySalons
TreatmentsBrows & Lashes, Facials, Microdermabrasion, Piercings, Tanning and Waxing
TypeBeauty