Euromaid WM5 / WM7

Euromaid WM5 / WM7

WM5, WM5PRO, WM7 and WM7PRO

Great machine at a reasonable price.

Have been using the machine for 3 times a week for 6 months and am really happy with it. Handles a large load such as bedding and towels well, and am happy with the settings for lighter coloured work shirts etc.
The quick wash setting really help if you are in a rush, bringing a normal cycle from 2.5-3 hours, down to just over an hour. Can even run an ‘Xpress’ wash that lasts 15 mins or so. The ‘Cotton Eco’ setting seems effective if you are willing to wait 5 hours for the cycle to end, or put the delay start on so it is finished when you get home from work.

Be aware of all styrofoam packing blocks under the unit, they can be easy to miss when setting up.

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliances Online.

Noise Level
Thanks for the review mylo :)

This machine is a great buy

We use this washing machine a lot. Always separate the towels from clothes. It has never let us down. It will take 2 X King size sheets, 2 X pillow cases and some smalls in one load. We most often use the Quick Wash at 34 minutes. Very inexpensive to run and does a great job.

Purchased in May 2017.

Noise Level
Hi, Thanks for the great review :)

Broke on first use

I bought this machine late September early October 2017. It failed on the first day. The ACCC states I should have gotten a new machine- Euromaid (hapl) disagreed. It took over 12 days to fix. It broke again. It took a week to replace. This second machine died after 3 months. Now we are about in January 2018. I bought a totally different brand and have had no issue.
Machines go wrong. That is one part of the issue. The other is very poor customer service. Most of the people I spoke to were nice, but they mostly are aren’t they. My patience and understanding was taken advantage of.
Really disappointing.

Purchased in October 2017.

Great price! Works as intended

Purchased this washing machine a year ago. The console is very user friendly, perfect for a family of 2/3. Very less noise and the clothes come out clean and no damages :). Hardly any maintenance required. Very pleased with this purchase.

Purchased in April 2017 at Appliances Online for $399.00.

Noise Level
Hi Tom, thanks for the great review :)

Cheap and Happy

I bought this machine for the granny flat because it was the cheapest front loader. I then bought an 11kg LG for our house because I thought it would do what it advertised - large loads etc. The cheap Euromaid is the clear winner!! Does what it says, spins without any issues, has several options for short cycles but also flawlessly does a hot load of white cottons removing all the dirt.

Purchased in January 2018 at Winning Appliances for $500.00.

Noise Level
Hi Betty, thanks for the great review!Thanks, I wish I just got the bigger Euromaid instead of the LG for upstairs.. it cost $1400 and doesn't do a great job :(

Be Warned - Before You Buy A Euromaid Make Sure You Can Get It Serviced Locally

I purchased this from Appliances Online on 1/2/2016. After 3 years of normal service it broke down on 1/2/2019. It's probably just a simple fix but I don't know, as after 40 phone calls I wasn't able to find anybody who was willing to service a Euromaid. I'm on the NSW South Coast, 2.5 hours south of Sydney, and my village is about half way between Nowra and Batemans bay (bb). I contacted appliances online, and as it's out of warranty was referred to Euromaid (glendimplex). They sent me the contact details of a repairer at bb, and when I contacted them they said they don't service my area. I went to the local electrical store who stock Euromaid and they couldn't suggest anyone I hadn't already called, but suggested a place at Nowra. I tried them and they don't service washing machines. I started emailing what was happening back to Euromaid and appliances online. Euromaid didn't believe me when I said no one wanted to service their product, so I emailed them the response of another person they recommended. I did find a retired local man who would look at the machine "Under duress" and for a large call out fee, but he said even if it was a simple fix, the machine wasn't worth repairing because it was going to be nothing but problems! I relayed this to Euromaid who again didn't believe me. I then raised possible remedies available under the Australian consumer law, and they put me through to their spare parts department, to source whatever I needed - but what good was that if no one even wants to fix it! I eventually asked them - Euromaid and appliances online - to replace the machine with the cheapest new lg washer that I could get serviced, but was refused, stating the Euromaid should be repaired. I agree it should be repaired but couldn't find anyone to repair it! It took them a few days to find another person from Nowra willing to come here and service a Euromaid, and he came on 11/2/19. It's just a shredded belt, and he said he's order one in, that may take another week and then he'll get back here when he can. I'm disabled and having to do a 40km round trip to the nearest laundromat, lugging laundry which is extremely difficult for me to do, then having to pay to wash at the laundromat. So far it's been $20 plus petrol, but to me that's a lot of money as I'm on a pension and means less food. To say I am disgusted by the treatment I've received is an understatement. What should have taken one phone call after the machine broke down has turned into a total fiasco and they simply don't give a crap. Be warned - before you buy a Euromaid make sure you can get it serviced locally.

Purchased in January 2016 at Appliances Online.

We are sorry to hear of your experience, if you could provide us your contact details via private message we will have someone from our team contact your to assist. ThanksYou can't be serious! If you read the review you can see what your team and others have already done. I don't want to waste another second on this or you. Your company has had weeks to act, you've already got my details and still this is how you deal with it?

Great for my apartment

I was nervous about this machine because I was bound to finding a machine that fit my small space as I have the washing machine in my kitchen, however, I've been delighted with this product.

Being in an apartment, my primary concern was noise. I would not say this machine is noisy. I have a cupboard door that encloses the machine in my kitchen and only on spin cycle does the machine really produce any sounds that are notable, however are not at all unreasonable or loud. I would be surprised if my neighbours could hear this machine.

The machine has a wide variety of settings (I haven't been able to use them all yet!) which is a great feature given how compact the machine is.

Washing performance is good.

I live alone and this is an ideal compact machine for a small space.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Amanda, thank you for the feedback!

Fine for a while, then dangerous

The machine was fine for a while and we liked it. We used it for normal household washing. There were problems initially with the machine seal, which was replaced. Unfortunately later the electrics went as well, and the machine became dangerous, tripping the power to the house. It did the job for a bit but definitely wouldn’t buy the brand again.

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Hi Pippa, Sorry to hear about your issues with your washing machine, Can you please send us a message with your contact details so we can endeavour to turn your experience around:) ThanksI already contacted you and received no response. I also called and was dismissed by the phone rep.

Lasted just past warranty. 2yrs 4mths

Purchased Aug 2016. In Dec, 2018 had problems with machine. Start cycle stops after 10secs. Got a repairman in (4mths out warranty) was told electric board faulty, bushes/rubbers worn. Not worth fixing need to replace (cost $90 callout fee). So I did. Research states machine should at least last 6-8yrs. Not Euromaid. Won't be purchasing again due to short life span.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Sorry to hear of your experience Jules, we take our customer feedback seriously and will pass on your comments. Thanks for taking the time to review.

Excellent Value for Money

I have been really happy with this washing machine which exceeded my expectations. I thought it would be smaller than it is - 5kg capacity is plenty for me! There are loads of different wash programs - the delayed start is very useful and there's a quick 28 min wash that is excellent.
The hand wash setting didnt ruin my delicates either - always a bonus!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Love that you love it! :)

Wm5 want to ruin your entire life purchase one of these

I purchased a wm5 and stupidly let the manufacturer attend to the washer flooding after the sensor failed,
they sent a scumbag called cory from home appliances out to the house now I am going bankrupt because they won't give me the damaged washer report so that I can't be compensated by insurance over the flooding damage
they are bad to deal with don't let them in your house

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Hi Rebekah, it is concerning to hear of your experience. We would like to better understand what has happened, we have sent you a private message. Thank you.

Good, but small, washing machine

This little unit works hard. It is a lot smaller than you would expect, so be ready to split loads in half and you should be fine.
You can put this on an express time, which will cut down the overall time significantly.
Had no issues so far and it was a great price.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Thanks for jumping online and leaving a review, Pam! :)

Value for Money Washing machine

Excellent performance and reasonable price, it is a value for money. Better to buy new rather than go for repair of old machines. On purchase, the old machines also get picked up for free-hastle free and not to bother about disposing the old washing machine. Great experience and now have good washes.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Thanks, Alex! :)

Very very load on spin

Machine washes well. Looks good and is easy to use.

Sadly on spin our machine is so loud the neighbours can hear it and even though it’s on the ground floor of our house I can’t use it while our daughter naps(best time to get some washing done) because the spin function is insanely loud on our machine.

Would not buy this machine if you lived in an apartment it would drive you crazy!

The machine we had was an LG which was whisper quiet. Wish we went with a quieter machine, which is hard to tell when you’re at the shop and they’re not running. Hope this helps anyone looking at buying.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Thanks for the review and we have noted your feedback.

Front loader no longer works after only having almost 3 years!

My uromaid front loader washing machine won’t finish a cycle! It looks like it’s working for the first 10-15 minutes and then it stops. A “tap icon crossed out” keeps coming up and we have checked the water filter/pumps, cleaned them and it’s still not working it. After the machine stops with the tap icon, I press start again and it’ll start working but then stops again with the tap icon on the machine.
Unfortunately, I don’t have my proof of receipt or warranty anymore.

Please, someone help as I cannot afford to buy a new washing machine right now. My husband is the only one working.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Hey Daisy, sorry this has happened. Can you please try the following and if no luck, you can contact us on 1800 444 357 and we will assist you further. 1. Turn off at power outlet (remove plug from socket) - wait 60 seconds. 2. Turn programmer selector to the “cotton” setting ( at the 12 o’clock position) 3. Turn the power back on 4. Press and hold the “start/pause” button for 10 seconds ( audible beep will sound)It didn’t work at all. It worked halfway and then the “faucet icon” crossed out showed up again and it won’t finish the cycle.Okay. Can you turn off the tap and remove the inlet hose. Check the hose for blockages and ensure the water inlet is working correctly. Let us know how you go.

Works well, decent price

This was one of the cheaper front loader machines I could find. I've had it for a year and it works well. dissolves washing powder well - don't seem to find undissolved powder on my clothes as I have with some previous machines. Did seem to cause some leaking at one point - where we realised we had to clean the filter. But all good since then

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Lin, Thanks for the review, just make sure those filters are cleaned..we don't want it raining inside again :)

Good value for money and does the job

This is easy to use. We have it running all the time. It never breaks down.
We looked at more expensive models but could not go past this. We had a small model before and it was still running after 7 years. We just wanted a bigger unit to use.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Thanks, Cos C ('',)

Decent & affordable

Favourite features is express mode. The machine ain’t too loud or quiet, will not wear out your clothes, another good feature is it does have advanced features where you can set the timer to wash your clothes at specific time.
It does clean the clothes well but obviously doesn’t rinse dry the clothes as in comparison to other washing machines that had dryer function

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thanks, Steven! :)

It does what it needs to do

I bought this washing machine online and it surprised me in a good way. It has a lot more wash features than expected, and my clothes have been maintaining their good condition after many washes (although, I'm not sure if that has more to do with Organic for Poverty's soap nuts). It's not terribly noisy. However, water does seem to stay inside the door seal after washes.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Thanks for the review, Mandy!

Great quality - stable and reliable

I love the easy to use display and range of washing options. Initially I will nervous about buying a less known brand but this did not fail to impress. Doesn't move around during the spin cycle, high quality fittings, buttons and dials. Clothing is well cleaned and looked after with the front load machine (in my opinion provides a better clean than a top loader) This is my second euromaid (had to buy a larger model with a growing family) and I haven't regretted it.

Date PurchasedJun 2017