EvaKool Glacier Fridge/Freezer

EvaKool Glacier Fridge/Freezer

30L, 45L, 50L, 55L, 80L and 3 more

See the Best Portable Fridges / Freezers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Hpe

HpeCentral Queensland, QLD

It does the job I require of it.

I use this fridge daily, it sits next to me at home. If I have to travel then it goes in the back of the wagon. I have found it reliable even in hot situations in the back of the wagon. I use a BT monitor on my car battery and have found it to be fairly economical. (I drive a 2l Mondeo diesel). Even after 3 days of car not moving everything is frozen and I can still start my car.

Purchased in July 2016 at Australian Direct for $578.00.

ZownerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best portable fridge/freezer I have owned

Date PurchasedNov 2016
PeteB

PeteBAdelaide, SA

Best thing we have bought for camping

Date PurchasedOct 2010
Mat Sc

Mat ScBrisbane

Initial test looks good

Bought direct from Evakool the 25th anniversary edition (they had a special price with cover - much cheaper than anywhere else). Looks good so far, but have only tested it on mains power for 24 hours so far. Temperatures seem reasonably accurate compared to a thermometer. Fast shipping - ordered Sunday and arrived on Wednesday. Also had wifi connectivity which was a bonus not listed on the advert - handy to track temperature movements. Will test it out further while camping in a few months and give an update.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

R B

R BMount Barker

3years 3 error code lights

When it was working it did a good job, was taken during summer most weekdays for food and drinks inside sedan, 3rd summer and 3 Flashing light error code started, ambient temp too high or something the book said. Don’t waste your money no matter if they are cheaper I have and will now buy an Engel that drive around on station utes year in year out.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Hydo

HydoGoulburn Valley, VIC

Love my Evakool.

We bought this fridge over 12 months ago and have been on the road full time since July 17. We have set our 75 litre dual zone to run at -10 degrees on the left side and 0 degrees on the right. I can't fault it, the fridge is on a slide in the back of the ute and has been running now 24/7 for the last 9 months. Not only is it reliable but due to the thick insulation the fridge doesn't cycle very often thereby saving battery power. Would I ever buy another one, in a heart beat.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

leah1

leah1AU

Digital Readout wild variations

Made a big mistake
You would think a Fridge Freezer Digital readout in a modern fridge would read around what you want your food or drinks to be. Apparently thats not the case. This one when set on 4 degrees goes up to 8 and down to 1 degrees.
Really a big concern with a large fridge in the Outback full of very valuable food , not knowing if the fridge is actually doing its job.
After 2 weeks a Technician finally rang about this and Told us a variation of 5 degrees above and 2 below is normal,when I questioned why my old Failed FM70 Evakool had a even readout of Temperature he told me it was where the sensors are located.
So in fact the Glacier has the Sensors located badly .

Date PurchasedJan 2018

poor build quality

purchased the glacier 75l dual zone just over two years ago been used about 4 trips won't cool down pulled the ispection panel off bout 30 washers fell out for a start, had it checked out to find that it has dropped its gas and is not repairable all evakool offerd was a small discount on new fridge, no thanks evakool wont get burned twice.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

BlakeBrisbane

Error codes

We bought a 75 l glacier for our new camper as it was what fitted the best on the fridge slide. We picked up our camper 2weeks ago and and installed the fridge into its new home on its slide. I did some testing with the fridge and it run fine for a week. It was turned off for a couple of days and got turned back on to load some frozen stuff in it for our first camping trip. It run fine for a bit and then error code 2 flashes, fan. Turned it off and tried again and it's back on and working. Couple of hours later same thing 2 flashes. Not a good first experience with evakool and will wait to hear a reply from them. Hopefully it can be resolved quickly as its now Tuesday and we go camping Friday lunch

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Irate consumer

Irate consumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible and full of dramas

worked on 12v but on 240.....Error codes!!! Error codes!!! Error codes!!! and huge difference between displayed temp and actual air temp.. as well as if you set it to -18 when it reaches it it turns off and rises to -14 or 13 before turning back on instead of staying on until -20 and coming back on at -16 to average -18. The various issues listed above combined with the discrepancy between displayed temp and actual internal temp makes this an unreliable choice in my opinion.. need I say more?

Date PurchasedDec 2016

OzD Australia

OzD AustraliaMelbourne

Average fridge with average cover only lasted 1 month

Great all rounder fridge and almost identical to my previous Waeco. This was a run out model so I got it very cheap, brand new shipped directly from Evakool. The disappointment is the cover it comes with. It doesn't fit which causes strain on zipper and broke on day one. The zipper is sewn in to half of the bag, which in my opinion is far to much and will not last even though they are sending me another one. Needs better design in future models. The warranty and contact process was excellent. Since this review, the fridge failed one month later. Been trying to get a warranty for 3 months! Very disappointing

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Temperature Control Poor

Set Freezer and Fridge up and froze both sides. Appears to not like running both modes at once. Set at -15c and it allows fridge to go to -10c. Set Fridge to 4c and it went to -6 c. Froze all the drinks and lucky I took the beer out. Will continue to test then ring Evakool.

Sean
Sean

It appears if you use left hand side for fridge and right (larger side) for freezer it works ok. Set fridge for 5c and goes between 2c and 6c whilst freezer set at -15c goes between -16c and -9c.

Marie

MarieBrisbane

Barely used - now landfill.

We bought our Evakool Glacier 30L fridge/freezer (model BCD-30) about 3 years ago when caravanning (in the vain hope of filling it, if the fish were biting). We took it on several relatively short trips (sealed roads only), and since we sold the caravan it has been stored in our laundry, unused. When we decided to bring it out to chill drinks for a recent party, it wouldn't cool. The verdict from the marine refrigeration specialist? The aluminium refrigerant pipe or pipes had corroded; because these pipes were hidden inside the double wall of the unit, the fridge was unrepairable. It is now landfill - DON'T buy one!

Nick

NickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Didn't survive one outback trip.

Happynomad

HappynomadRydalmere

Great, love it.

Light weight, portable. Freezer works great, have it set to -16C. Quite roomy and enough space for me to freeze stuff when travelling/camping. Protective Cover could be better designed. To me it seems to be back the front. Could have done better with a bit more thought. However, it doesn't detract from a great product.

Ray

RayMelbourne

Very Disappointed

Purchased Feb 15 to take on a 8 day camping holiday worked for 3 days then only the fan stayed on constantly no compressor. Had to throw most food out after 4 days. Still waiting for RV Superstore to contact me on replacement. Maybe I was just unlucky but certainly not happy.

Golden G.

Golden G.asked

Glacier 75L

Went away for a month, was turned off, came back turned it on now cant set temperatures on both sides/ had unit for 18months.

EvaKool
Evakool I.EvaKool

Good morning, so that our technical support team can assist you please either email us at warranty@evakool.com or call us on 07 5492 7777. Best regards, Evakool.

Eric G

Eric Gasked

Is it 24volt?

Hello Eric G,
Mine is a 50litre, however I am fairly sure the whole range is 12/24/240 volt.
My 50 litre is running on 12volts in the back of a Ford Ranger
Cheerio,
Z owner

Scottb

Scottbasked

Glacier 75L

My evakool glazier dual 75 will not cool, stays on 23 degrees on both sides. Any help?

gladysandmaude
gladysandmaude

We're having the same issue. Fridge worked great for the first 12 months now it just won't cool.

Get an answer from our members and EvaKool representatives

EvaKool Glacier 30L

2.6
EvaKool Glacier 65L
  • Discontinued

EvaKool Glacier 65L

CategoryPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) $732$824$945$989$1,099$1,399$1,199$1,033
Type Dual Zone Fridge + FreezerDual Zone Fridge + FreezerDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDual Zone Fridge + FreezerDual Zone Fridge + FreezerDual Zone Fridge + FreezerDual Zone Fridge + FreezerDual Zone Fridge + Freezer
Capacity30L50L45L55L80L89L75L65L
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletWall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletWall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall Outlet
FeaturesDigital Display PanelRemovable compartment dividerDigital Display PanelRemovable compartment dividerDigital Display Panel and Interior LightDigital Display Panel
Cooling Capacity-16 °C to +1.5 °C-16 °C to +5 °C-5 °C to +16 °C-16 °C to +5 °C
Weight17 kg23 kg29 kg32 kg34 kg35 kg32 kg
Dimensions 453 x 300 x 550 mm723 x 503 x 375 mm493 x 430 x 620 mm554 x 430 x 620 mm514 x 475 x 805 mm579 x 475 x 805 mm634 x 430 x 620 mm
Construction Material PlasticPlasticMetalMetalMetalMetal
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)