Fanaway Evo2 Endure

Fanaway Evo2 Endure

See the Best Ceiling Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

CraigGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid buying - defected product - waste of money - too many problems.

Purchased in August 2014.

Noise Level
Power

Disenchanted45SYDNEY

Turned yellow!

I bought a new tube and it didn't work, . Have to take it back.
Also the shell has turned a yucky yellow colour, it isn't very old and it cost a lot of money.
Will speak to beacon lighting tomorrow. Fan is effective and quiet.

Purchased in October 2016 at Beacon Lighting for $350.00.

Noise Level
Power
Sandra

SandraSydney, NSW

Not Happy at all

I have had these fans for plus or minus 4 years. They stopped working suddenly this past Dec the blades don't open although the fan is running. I called customer service and they offered to send a technician to assess and possibly replace product. Only to be gutted after being told to pretty much put them in the bin as they are a deleted item and go back to the store to buy new ones and get their technician to come and instal them for a fee. The manager could not spare a minute to speak to me. I don't think it's fair treatment at all. I don't think I will recommend these at all. If anyone can assist me what sould i do . I thank you in advance.

Purchased in January 2016.

dragonfly9454Sydney

safety issues

Date PurchasedJan 2014
dragonfly9454

Hi Emina, I can be contacted at laurieandfrances@internode.on.net. My husband has his phone number at Beacon Lighting at Lake Haven 2259 NSW, who have tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to get some action on this. Thank you for your reply

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi dragonfly9454, thank you for that. I have forwarded this onto our Warranty team for further action. Please let us know via the email above if we can assist further. Regards, Emina - BL CUstomer Service

DellR

DellRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best fan ever

This is the best fan I have ever owned. Not only does it look great, it is so quiet you only know it's running because of the breeze. I have had it for a couple of years now and never had any problems. I will be buying more of these.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

ZedSydney

Poorly designed control switches.

Recently purchased 3 x Evora and 2 x Evo2 Endure fan/light units. The control switches are not standardised across the fanaway range, one style has a fixed plate and the other unit has a removable cover plate to aid with painting. Both units have combined light and fan control switches, however with separate light switches already existing in the home, a 'spare' blank cover plate that has a fan control only option should have been a normal part of the installation kit for both unit styles, particularly given the cost of the fan/light units.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Zed, unfortunately this is not something we supply or will be supplying in the future as we have supplied the plate and switch for the fan, Debbie - Beacon lighting Customer Service

Faulty Product - Should be Recalled

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Customer S.Fanaway

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We value your feedback and would appreciate it if you could PM us your name and contact number to our email: webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au. David -BL Customer Service

Humming Sound

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Customer S.Fanaway

Hi John, I am sorry to hear about your issue. If you could PM us at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au your contact details as well as the state you are in and I will get this looked into further for you, Debbie - Fanaway Customer Service

John
John
Mag

MagQueensland

Faulty Product

We purchased 2 of these fans for our living, they worked well in the store. One fan stopped working completely within the warranty period and was replaced. The other fan had also slowed considerably but the electrician who installed the replacement fan stated that "she,ll be right mate" Well she is not right, and now that the warranty has expired we are left with another faulty product not working now out of warranty. Very angry that my trusted Beacon store recommends this faulty product and would like to see it recalled.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Cindy

CindyForrestdale

very happy with them

Bought the flouro model in our old house. We couldn’t have a normal fan in the kitchen because it was too big. Bought another one for the family room & they were both used constantly for 2 1/2 yrs before we moved out. Bought 3 for the new house (LED this time), only one is on remote but again very happy. One on remote has a slight hum but nothing that bad. We love them & much more stylish than normal clunky fans.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

The no breeze fan

We installed five of these expensive fans in our home and have regretted it ever since. We have found that they give off very little breeze even at full speed. The light covers have all turned yellow over the past four years. The retractable blades are very hard to clean also. Would not recommend these at all.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Rubbish

Worst fan every after 12 months only worked on the medium setting
24 months only the light works
Spoken to beacon lighting to be told they are not aware of any issues with that product
So obvious their is due to the amount of complaints I see on here
Puts myself and family and friends off beacon lighting and any fan away
Having MS I need to stay cool

Date PurchasedNov 2016

We've had nothing but trouble..

We installed 6 of these fan/lights. After a year or 2 all but 2 have broken or stopped working. One had a blade break off and damage a wall in my son's room while he was asleep. We heard a loud noise and came in to find the fan making an awful noise and then later found the blade. He sleeps on a bunk so was very lucky not to get hit. The other 3, the fans just don't work anymore. You can hear it whirring but nothing happens. Obviously out of warranty now. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Terrible Product

Have read many of the comments after trying to find a solution to an ever increasing noise coming from our EVO Fanaway fan. Also has yellowing on the underside. Main issue is the noise. Light and fan look great, but we simply can not use the fan anymore as it is so noisy, even on low speed. After reading the many comments similar to the problems we are experiencing, there is obviously a design fault.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Richard

RichardMaudsland

Quality & support doesn't match the price :(

We've bought 3 of these fans over the years.
The blades are very quiet on low, but the remote speed controller makes the motor buzz intermittently when not on full speed - it is very annoying in the bedroom.
When they stop, the blades make a loud clanging as they retract and wake you up - especially when they are fitted with the auto remote control.
The most recent ones we have are the LED lights - which are good until the driver fails and they go on and off at random.
Ordered a new driver from Beacon several weeks ago and still no sign of it - they 'just don't know what happened to it'.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Jono

JonoHunter Region, NSW

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC

Not sure when we purchased our Fanaway fans but will be contacting Beacon to check. Both fans in our lounge and bedroom are great and have received numerous positive comments. One thing though, our lounge room light will not switch on using the remote. When we press the button on the remote the light flickers momentarily and stays off. The fan still works using the remote. If the fan is running and we attempt to turn on the light, same flickering occurs but the unit makes a continuous noise. Any ideas?

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Customer S.Fanaway

Thank you for your review. Based on your description, it does sound like your remote is not communicating properly with the receiver in your fan, and may need to be replaced. Regards Beacon Lighting Customer Service.

Herbie

Herbie

Not good

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Antoinette7774Central Queensland, QLD

Very Dangerous Item

We bought 5 fanaway fans for our home. Initially they worked however after the warranty two separate fans dislodged a fan blade. They propelled across the room one nearly hit a visitor and one did hit our TV. It was so lucky that no one was seriously injured.
I have contacted fanaway and beacon where I bought them as yet no response from them. It needs a recall for this product.

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Customer S.Fanaway

Wish I'd read these reviews before buying....

Date PurchasedSep 2016