Fanco Eco Silent DC

Fanco Eco Silent DC

• Power
Russ

RussSydney, NSW

Noisy (Faulty design) and way too bright for a bedroom

Purchased 3 of these a year ago and at install they made a horrible grinding noise (as described in another review) this is due to the poor design of the metal ceiling housing. Had to adjust with washers so that it didn't rub metal on metal. But also they all made a loud ticking noise which is not acceptable in a bedroom, had them replaced under warranty (Brilliant lighting were great). But now two of the new fans have the same issue 12 months later. Seems to be a motor quality issue if you ask me.

Would I buy these again? No.

My advice - Pay more, get a better quality fan that has a light the is adjustable these are like flood lights.

Rob H.Far North Queensland, QLD

So far good - Resilience low

Purchased in August 2020 at Fansonline for A$239.00.

Rob H.

Hi, thank you for the response. Do you have an approximate release date for the "Deluxe" version? Is it going to be weeks, months or more than a year?
Thanks.
Robert

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hello again! At the moment, the expected release date for the Deluxe version is January 2021. We will put more information up on our website as soon as we can though, we think we should be able to publish spec sheets in about a month. :)

Ellen

EllenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Eco Silent fans

Fans look awesome, we havent got the chance to use them yet as the house is still being built, the staff at fans were terrific the fans arrived on time and we couldnt be happier.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$299.00.

Thank-you Ellen!

Gay

GayIllawarra, NSW

Fit for purpose !

This fan has been perfect for the room and is nice and quiet. We have bought it for sleeping through summers and fits the bill really well. It only needs a low setting to suit our purpose.
Gay June 28 2020

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Gay, this is so nice to hear!

Curtain purchase

Curtain purchaseMid North Coast, NSW

Quiet and effective

I have installed the eco silent DC fan with LED light in my bedroom. The fan is very quiet and good for sleeping. In summer we ran it all night long. The light though, is quite bright, and it did take a while to get used to. Now that we have had the fan/light installed for a while (several months), we no longer notice the brightness, and like that it is good for reading.

Thanks so much!

Anna

AnnaSydney, NSW

Great fan

The echo silent is just that silent. I found an extension rod cut down improved the air flow and allowed the fan to run on low speed giving good air flow.

Purchased in February 2020 at Fansonline.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Anna, that's great! It's so true that lowering the fan with an extension rod can be very effective. This is because it places the fan closer to you so you can feel its effects. Thanks so much for your feedback, we're glad that you like the fan! =)

Brilliant Customer Service...!!!

I made an email enquiry to Fanco last night about their fans. First thing this morning I got a message that the fan I was after had been discontinued but gave me detailed options as to what my work well for me. The lady in question was Eleni who is obviously The Queen Bee of Sales and an absolute soopahstar in my firmament! This is old-fashioned customer service out of the the top drawer and many thanks to the Queen Bee...!!!

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Nick - you're right the Queen Bee is a total star!

wyrmbaitSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst best fans i have ever known.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Very quiet fan, shame about the super bright light.

Fan arrived within 2 days. Installed by an electrician, seemed straight forward. Very quiet as advertised. We had a noising fan previously which kept us awake, so we were very happy so far. We agree that the light is too bright, so we try avoid using it. Should lose half a star for the brightness of the light

Purchased in January 2020.

Ruairi
Ruairi

Good to know for future, thanks.

Andrea

AndreaAustralian Capital Territory

Great fan

Fan arrived within 2 days of ordering. Very quiet on the lowest setting. Was invaluable during recent hot smoky conditions when evaporative cooling was not an option. Light very bright.

Purchased in January 2020 at Universal Fans for A$289.00.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Andrea, glad to hear that the Eco Silent stood up to the challenge =)

Very quiet not silent

I bought 4 fans but have only installed one in the bedroom so far. We have only run it all night once and found it to be very quiet on setting 1 with enough air movement to keep us comfortable all night . The fan is very stable with no noticeable movement on all speeds and the light is very bright especially in the middle of the night, it would be nice to have a dimmer function as well . I am very happy with both the purchase process and the product. I will update this review when all fans are installed and working

Purchased in January 2020.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Alan, it sounds like you've found a great fan for your needs. If you are looking for a dimmable fan in future, take a look at our Urban 2 DC fan which has a 3 step dimming function =)

JohnG

JohnGGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent fan, just as advertised.

The fan was easily installed by my electrician. The fan is silent, really good air flow, easy to use remote and really bright light. The fan arrived within 2 business days after I purchased it on line, excellent service.

Purchased in January 2020 at Fansonline for A$289.00.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks John, We're really glad to hear you're so happy with our fan =)

Super quiet

I purchased 7 fans, the purchasing process was simple and delivery was quick considering it was over the Xmas break. Only down point was that 4 (larger) fans were initially delivered, wasn’t until I made contact that I was informed that they were out of stock of the smaller fans which were no longer being manufactured. I selected an alternative which were subsequently delivered very quickly. All installed and work well. Very quiet and move a lot of air. Once I made contact communication was great and some money refunded quickly. Would happily recommend.

Purchased in December 2019.

Golden I

Golden I

Works as well as we expected!!

The Eco Silent fans we purchased have been installed in our bed rooms and are indeed very quiet. The remote control functionality works well, I really like the reverse button. The bed rooms are standard double bed size and the fan moves the air easily on the 3 setting during the day and we only need 1 at night. The light in the fan is excellent and easily fills the room. It is perhaps a bit too bright when you turn the light on during the night, but, during the day its excellent. The fan did not need the balancing kit that came with it, there was no rocking or rolling once it was installed and tested.

Purchased in December 2019 at Fansonline.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Golden I! It's great to hear that the Eco Silent works so well for your set up. =)

matt4donna

matt4donnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fanco Eco Not Silent At All

Purchased in January 2019 at Fanco Australia.

Noel

NoelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent fans

Fans have been installed and I am really happy with their performance. I was also pleased with the ease of ordering and the very quick response from ordering to receiving same.

Purchased in December 2019.

Thanks Noel =)

Susan

SusanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent fan and excellent service

Excellent fan and excellent service by Brilliant Lighting. We had 2 fans installed, the Eco Silent ones. On installation one was perfect and the other was noisy and had a wobble. The after sales service by Brilliant was fantastic, great communication and very prompt service and turnaround to replacing the fan. Very happy customer!

Purchased in December 2019 at Universal Fans for A$289.00.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Susan, its great to hear from a happy customer! We've passed along your feedback to the service team at Brilliant. They handle the warranty on this fan on our behalf, and we think they do a great job too!

Tessa

TessaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Fan

The fan is perfect for our bedroom and it works well in both directions. The remote is handy and having a light incorporated means we didn't need extra holes in the ceiling.

Purchased in October 2019.

Thanks Tessa!

Barbara

BarbaraHunter Region, NSW

Eco silent ceiling fan

A great choice for a second bedroom - cant believe how quiet it is and the choice of settings allows a gentle air movement without it being too cold - as is the case with other fans I have experienced in bedrooms at night!

Purchased for A$229.00.

Thanks Barbara =)

Maree

MareeSydney, NSW

Eco Silent Ceiling Fan

This is an excellent fan, easy to install and perfect for the kids room. The purchase of the fan was quick and delivered within 3 working days. The electrician was very happy because it had a remote control, as he said easy to install

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Maree, it's great to hear that both you and the electrician were happy!

fdsajasked

Is the Eco Silent dc fan operated from a wall switch, i.e can you turn on and adjust the fan speed from the wall switch or just using the remote? If not, is there a version that can be adjusted from the wall switch?

Also can the light bulb be replaced?

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Fdsaj, thanks for your question! The current version is operable solely by remote, but the new “Eco Silent Deluxe” is due to arrive in early 2021, and the model without light will be available with a six speed wall control. You can find the full specs for the Eco Silent Deluxe here: https://www.fanco.com.au/wp-content/uploads/spec-sheets/eco-silent-deluxe-spec-sheet.pdf . This will feature an LED panel that can be replaced by the customer. We’ve also brought out several fans with a wall control option this year including the Studio DC and the new Eco Motion DC, so feel free to check those out too! If you're looking for something with a wall control and easy to replace light sooner, we would suggest looking at the urban 2 with e27 light. If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact us directly by emailing service@fanco.com.au

fdsaj

Thanks for your reply. So with the current version the light is switched on at the wall and the fan is remote?

Are there any stores in Sydney inner west area?

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Happy to answer your questions! The light is also operated by the remote =) You can see a full list of our NSW stockists here: https://www.fanco.com.au/stockists-new-south-wales/

rosecastleasked

Hi there, I'm looking to purchase the fanco eco silent. I've read the gr8 reviews, and the fact this is an economical fan to run is a huge plus. The fact that the light version loses half a star bothers me, but kids have lamps in their rooms so we can work around that and we don't need the light in our room at all.

One reason I like fans in rooms is for the 'white noise' as it helps me sleep better. Currently we have a freestanding fan which covers up most outside sounds. I'm concerned that this fan may actually be TOO quiet. Is there anything else in the DC range that would resolve this, at the same price level?

I note too you have a new version (with wall switch) coming soon. Will it include the remote? Will this be more expensive? Has the light issue been fixed? I am concerned about the non standard battery in the current versions remote, has this issue been addressed? (How long do batteries generally last and how much is replacement?)

B.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us about this. It’s not very often that we hear from people looking for a fan that’s not too quiet! Generally ceiling fans aren’t designed in a way that creates the same kind of white noise as some pedestal fans, regardless of whether they have AC or DC motors. On higher speeds, the air movement might create some noise, but in our experience, everyone has a different level of sensitivity to this, so we generally suggest that customers visit one of our resellers in person to test out some fans for themselves. However we think that it will be difficult for you to find a ceiling fan that produces the type of noise that helps some people sleep!
Regarding the new version, the Eco Silent Deluxe without light will be available with either a wall control or a SMART remote, but the light version will only be available with the SMART remote. The light will be dimmable and CCT adjustable. I think the “light issue” you’re referring to must mean that some customers stated a preference for a dimmer light, and the Eco Silent’s light is quite bright. If this is what you’re referring to, we’re confident that the 8 -step dimming and CCT features will allow customers to adjust the light to suit their preferences.
The remote for the current model takes a 12 volt 23AE battery, which is relatively inexpensive to replace and available through supermarkets and hardware stores – the price will vary between retailers.
All the best! For more information about our fans, you’re welcome to visit our website – we have detailed spec sheets here: https://www.fanco.com.au/ceiling-fan-spec-sheets/

rosecastle

Thank you for that really detailed information. It was very helpful. We currently have fans installed however they turned out to be pretty junky unfortunately (especially as they were not inexpensive and of course the cost of installation adds signficantly to the pricing). These fans were problematic from the get go. 6 years on, two have ceased working entirely (had real issues with these from the start). One in our spare room works well - hardly used, so not surprising. My daughter's rooms - both fans are working, at diminished function.

Regarding the light issue, yes, I have noted that many people say that they are very bright. I have astigmatism so I find bright light at night particularly bothersome, though they light/fan would only be in 'kids' rooms, however I may want to wait for the new version for their spaces since you've mentioned that it will be modified to include a dimmer, which sounds ideal.

With the non light/new version, what features will this include? I guess I need to decide whether to purchase the two non light versions we need, and have them installed pre Christmas or whether I may be better to wait for these?????

I will have to find a local retailer I think so we can test out the volume of the fans. Myself and oldest daughter both have health issues that cause sleep problems and that 'white noise' thing is super helpful.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi again, not a problem – happy to help!
It’s up to you whether you wish to wait for the new version, but given your interest in something that emits white noise we agree it would be a good idea to find a local retailer so that you can test a few out. We have a list of stockists here https://www.fanco.com.au/stockists/ .
You can also find a spec sheet with all the details for the new Eco Silent Deluxe here: https://www.fanco.com.au/wp-content/uploads/spec-sheets/eco-silent-deluxe-spec-sheet.pdf, but to give you an idea the main features in the non-light version are smart capability (not available with hardwired wall control), outdoor and coastal rating and available in either a 52 or 56 inch size. Our customer service team is available by email - sales@fanco.com.au if you have any other questions =)

Laura. B

Laura. Basked

I see 2 reviews about detailing noise/vibration issues.
I am having the exact same issue with 3 Fanco Eco Silent fans (48" with light, 52" with light, 52" without light). Have been installed for about a week, and have made the noise from day 1 essentially, and it has increased in frequency in just that short time.
For the price of these fans, do you think it is acceptable to have these issues happen and brush it off as installation error (as you have with the reviews above)?

Charlie123

We have an issue with 4 x 48” with lights installed in August. I wonder if there’s a problem with the new batch. Running them in hasn’t helped and they don’t wobble so that doesn’t explain the noise. We don’t have the issue with the 52” without a light.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi, we're sorry if our responses to other reviews come off as an attempt to dismiss as an installation issue. It’s just that we have found this to be the case in most situations given the symptoms described, especially since these fans are not designed to be noisy but very quiet. Rest assured, all of our fans are covered by a 2-year in-home warranty, and any customer who suspects a fault with one of our fans is encouraged to take up this option. You can both find the details on how to lodge a claim here: https://www.fanco.com.au/warranty/ or contact us directly by emailing service@fanco.com.au.
As we try to explain in all of our responses, we cannot diagnose the cause of noise over a review platform like this one, so we would really encourage both of you to get in touch with us.

Charlie123

I lodged the warranty claim on Monday after giving up on getting a return call from the warranty team (messages left on 22 and 23 September). I eagerly await someone contacting me to resolve this issue.

Get an answer from our members and Fanco Australia representatives

With an overwhelming majority of reviewers rating the Fanco Eco Silent DC 5 stars, this is a powerful ceiling fan that’s also quiet and economical.

Features:

• 5 speed remote control allows you to turn the fan on/off, change the speed, and reverse the direction
  • Reversible blades allow you to use the Fanco Eco Silent DC to circulate either warm or cool air, making it suitable for using all year round
  • Timer allows you to program the fan for 1 hour, 4 hours or 8 hours
  • Available in both black and white, however if you want to purchase this fan with the integrated LED light, it’s only available in white

What reviewers liked about the Fanco Eco Silent DC:

• The quiet operation, helped along by the Eco Silent DC’s timber blade construction, was appreciated by reviewers. They found this especially useful when they wanted to go to sleep at night, but leave their fan running.
  • The variable speed settings allowed a good amount of control over the airflow, so that a gentle breeze could be maintained
  • Many reviewers commented that the light was a little bit too bright, but it didn’t seem to detract from their glowing reviews of this ceiling fan
  • The affordable price was a point of praise for many happy customers
CategoryCeiling Fans