Fanco Eco Silent DC

Happy with the fan and service

Happy with the service provided by ceiling fans warehouse and this fan. Works well and has all the options I require. Love having a remote control to control the fan.

Purchased in April 2019 at Ceiling Fans Warehouse for $220.00.

Thanks so much!

Just what I wanted

The fan's look is simple and stylish, and its light is bright. Apart from a small, high-pitched whine (which anyone over 30 probably won't even notice), it's almost completely silent. The remote works well and is easy to use.

Purchased in March 2019 at Ceiling Fans Warehouse for $279.00.

Power
Hi Simon, thanks for the review. It's true everyone has a different level of sensitivity to noise in general, but it's great to hear you're happy with the fan overall. If we can be of further assistance to you please email us: service@fanco.com.au

Does what it says on the box!

Bought this for the bedroom and it is quiet and so useful having the remote operation plus the 1/4/8hour auto turn-off function. We highly recommend this fan at such a reasonable price.

Purchased in March 2019.

Thanks Jane, we love the timer functionality on this fan too!

Silent, stable and easy to operate

I bought two DC fans and they both function perfectly. They have good air flow and are really easy to operate. Importantly, they don't wobble and are extremely silent. Highly recommend

Purchased in January 2019 for $538.00.

Power
Thanks for your feedback Kay :) It's great to hear how much you like your fans. If you ever need to get in touch with us, our email is service@fanco.com.au

Great fans

I recently purchased a 52 inch fan and two 48 inch ones. Really functional, solid and very quiet fans. Instead of globes, the fan has an LED Light Panel. The light is very bright and clear. The fans make a single 'beep' whenever you turn them on using the light switch or the controller. There is a slight response delay when you turn on the light. At first I was concerned the beep and delay would be annoying, but you quickly stop noticing it. Really solid product.

Purchased in March 2019.

Noise Level
Thanks for your feedback Gemma, we're glad that you're happy with your fans. The beep you mention indicates that the remote and the receiver are communicating correctly, however we have had similar feedback about this from other customers. This is an area where we are already working to improve so if you would like more information, email us at service@fanco.com.au. Thanks again for your review :)

Buying another shortly

I have recently installed 2 other fans of a similar style.
They are 3 times the price and not one scrap better than this excellent, quiet fan.
The installation instructions could be better but they are no worse than the expensive brand.
I highly recommend this fan and will be buying the same product again for another room.

Purchased in March 2019 at Fansonline.

Noise Level
Thanks Winston, we think the Eco Silent is great value too! Just to let you know, I've passed your feedback about the instructions along to the product team, thanks for pointing out an area where we can improve. :) Have a great day!

Good solid fan

Good fans that just do the job. Not super stylish but practical and effective. Quiet enough for the bedroom and can move more than enough are for a normal sized bedroom.

Purchased in December 2018.

Thanks John! We have more stylish fans in our range but you sound pretty happy with this one. Sometimes you just need something practical that gets the job done, right? Thanks again for reviewing us, we really appreciate it :)

High quality ceiling fan

Very effective high quality silent stable fan with great remote control. Replaced a cheap fan that was noisy and poorly balanced and basically not very effective. It pays to buy quality products.

Purchased in January 2019 for $229.00.

Power
Thanks for your great feedback! We're happy we could provide you with a fan that works for you :)

The Silent Breeze

We had a fan, a cheap and nasty fan, noisy and ugly. We now have the Fanco Eco Silent DC fan. EXTREMELY SILENT, perhaps the slightest of ticking occasionally but nothing to disrupt our sleep. 5 fan speeds but we only need 3 to get the effect required. A really bright light and 1, 4 and 8 hour timers, ideal for going to sleep on those hot nights. And all controlled from a very simple remote control. Pure elegance.
I would highly recommend this fan for a bedroom or in fact, any room.

Purchased in March 2019 for $279.00.

Power
Hi Don, thanks so much for your review. It's lovely to hear that you're so happy with your fan. Regarding the ticking noise, it's worth giving our warranty team to trouble shoot it over the phone. Even though you say you don't mind, it shouldn't be making any clicking noises at all. You can reach warranty on 03 9765 2555 if in Victoria or 1800 817 754.

Excellent fan

We recently purchased two of these fans, one for the lounge and the other for the kitchen. We chose this brand as it rated highly by Choice and we are very happy with them. Excellent fan, very quiet, smooth operation, easy to use remote. One has a LED light which is very bright. We would definitely recommend this fan.

Purchased in March 2019 at Fansonline for $219.00.

Noise Level
Hi Irene, it's great to hear you're happy with your Eco Silent! Thanks so much for sharing your review =)

Very happy!

Great look, very quiet, and remote is very easy to read and use. Makes a big difference to the comfort level. Haven't observed any "wobble" as yet but it comes with easy to apply weights if it needs adjusting. Power is good, mostly we run on the lower settings as high is very powerful!

Purchased in February 2019 at Fansonline.

Converted fans of fans

We were missing the breeze from our previous evaporative cooling system and are now enjoying a similar experience with our new Franco eco silent fans
They are very quiet and work well with the ducted air conditioner or alone and have lots of variable speed settings to suit our needs
The remote is easy to use and we can run them all night if we wish to
Come winter time we can even use the remote to change the fans spin direction

Purchased in February 2019.

Power

These fans are the best!

We’ve used our 3 new Eco Silent DC fans 52" with LED light in 3 rooms for 2 nights now, and the difference in our comfort is AMAZING!
They are whisper quiet, and create the most delicious breeze that you feel you're spending the evening on a tropical beach, not the centre of a capital city! Such a relief in this hot weather.
The fan is very stable with zero wobbles, which is important to me particularly because one fan with light is in my office, and so having a stable LED light is crucial. I've seen fans with wobble, and the light bounces in the room - very distracting. The light is also very good - bright enough to work, but soft enough for a bedroom.
The remote control is brilliant. My boys love being able to turn on/off the light and control the fan from bed.
I would highly recommend this fan to anyone who wants a low energy use, quiet fan with light.

Purchased in February 2019 for $289.00.

Extremely Disappointed

I bought two of the 52" model with remote and LED light from Fansonline Australia. My purchase decision was based on the excellent reviews here and on the Choice recommendation. Unfortunately, I am extremely disappointed. Both of the fans are excessively noisy in operation and one wobbles so badly that I have been unable to balance it with the supplied weights. As for the LED light, it is totally unsuitable for bedroom environments because it is much too bright and casts shadows. With a 2.4m ceiling height, the LED light is below 2.1m which is in your normal field of vision and may damage your eyes according to new research.

UPDATE
The electrician who installed the fans traced the noise to the downrod contacting the cup due to excessive wobbling. Fansonline Australia refused me a refund on the fans, so I am forced to install alternative lighting in the bedrooms.

Purchased in February 2019.

Good morning and thanks so much for reaching out. We’re sorry to hear that you’re disappointed with your purchase but the good news is that we’re here to help . First of all regarding the noise, it sounds as though this issue may be covered by warranty. To raise a warranty claim, you can either contact your place of purchase or call our warranty team for assistance - 03 9765 2555 if in Victoria or 1800 817 754 for other states. As for the light, the Eco Silent LED outputs 1200 lumens – which is not as bright as the other fans in our range. This information is available on our website and we will follow up with our resellers to make sure that their listings are accurate and up to date. However, we understand that when you purchase a ceiling fan there is a lot of new terminology to learn, so we encourage our customers to view and test out our products in store if possible. I’m not sure where you’re located but the Eco Silent is already available for viewing in most Australian capital cities and we’re hoping to expand our reseller network to other areas as we continue to grow (see our stockists page: https://www.fanco.com.au/stockists/). Thanks again for your feedback and if we can be of further assistance, the best way to get in touch is by emailing service@fanco.com.au – or by contacting your place of purchase.Hi again, We only have your screen name, so I'm not sure if you've been in touch already but I've just had a chat to the warranty team. They said it's very unusual for both fans not to work and in most cases, the sort of noise you describe is caused by installation issues. It might be worth having your electrician give warranty a call to troubleshoot if you haven't done so yet. If this doesn't resolve the issue, all of our fans are covered by a great warranty which covers the cost of an electrician to make any necessary repairs.Thank you for your prompt response. I will follow your advice with regard to contacting your warranty team. I purchased the fans online. I am not sure that viewing the fans in store would have given us a true indication of the LED brightness amongst a myriad of other lights.

This fan is AWESOME!

Fabulous service from Fanco, super quick delivery. This fan is just brilliant! So quiet and very effective. One of the things that attracted me to this fan was the drop from the ceiling is lower than most fans. I've installed this in my bedroom. Highly recommend not just the product but the company.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Simple and does the job

Having read good reviews and that this model was recommended by Choice I bought three fans - two for bedrooms and a larger one for the lounge. It seems to need higher speed settings to be really effective. I've found the fans to be reasonably quiet, especially when compared to my old AC models, but the one in the main bedroom rattles and squeaks enough to be very noticeable at night. Good value for money but not sure I'd class these as top models.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi, thanks for your review! Sorry to hear that one of your fans is rattling. It sounds like you might be experiencing a warranty issue, especially since you're only noticing it on one fan. You can contact our warranty team for assistance on 03 9765 2555 if in Victoria or 1800 817 754. If you need any other assistance, contact your place of purchase. Regarding the airflow, the Eco Silent is a low to medium airflow fan, so we tend to suggest it as an option for bedroom use. However, we have several high airflow options in our range including the Urban 2 DC , the Origin DC and the Horizon DC ceiling fan which will be available in February this year.

Very happy with my fan, should have ordered earlier

Bought this for my sitting room due to summer approaching last year.
delivery was quick & had it installed over the weekend.
I ordered the model with the remote & light, which I couldn't more happier.
the LED light made my sitting room heaps brighter compared with the old light.
the fan is quiet & stable, however, it can't reach far.
would recommend to anyone if they looking for a new fan.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Quiet and Effective Fan

The fan is quiet, very effective and looks good. It has a good spread of speeds to cover all needs and is stable with virtually no wobble even at top speed. The remote is easy to use. The only small issue I have is that the light is very bright for a bedroom and I'd prefer a slightly warmer light.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Very Happy

We brought five of these fans for our new home, very happy with them, look great, work well and nice and quiet. Once ordered they were delivered to us in WA within a week direct to our front door. Really easy to manage and order. Highly recommend these fans. Thanks.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great fan, easy purchase

Very easy online purchase and arrived quickly in a smaller box than expected. Fan is for my 1 year old daughter’s room and it works great keeping her cool throughout hot nights. Quiet but effective and easy to use remote. Simple modern design which would suit any room. Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedOct 2018