Fantastic Furniture Serenity

Fantastic Furniture Serenity

Double, King and Queen

Terrible product and service

This is the hardest, most uncomfortable mattress. Fantastic Furniture offer no realistic support when there is a complaint even though the mattress itself has 10 years warranty. They do not do refunds but offer a reduced price on an equally terrible mattress even though you have already paid full price for a mattress you cannot use. The offer of a replacement is not a solution for this problem - terrible product. No product or brand confidence. Terrible service, no responsibility taken.

Purchased in July 2019.

Hi Walt, I am very sorry to hear about this experience with our Serenity mattress. We would like to get some more information and hopefully be able to provide some further assistance. Would you be able to send through your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Nick and the Fantastic team.

Mattress replaced and no better then the last one.

Id say 0 stars if i could. Again the same mattress is replaced and getting back pain, hip and leg pain which i never had on my old mattress before this brand the quality of sleep is very poor. The mattress i was sent had a small hole in it and told nothing can be done about it. I'm very disappointed in this product and will never buy from your shop again. I always loved fantastic furniture till i brought what was ment to be the best mattress on the market. Its like the mattress from hell.

Purchased in September 2018 at Fantastic Furniture NSW for $999.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues No
Discomfort Yes
Heat Retention Yes
SaggingYes
Perceived FirmnessHard
Hi K.K, I am very sorry that both of your mattresses caused your discomfort. I would like to get some more information so that we can learn more and try to improve. Would you be able to send through your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Nick and the Fantastic team.

wish i read the review before i bought this faulty product

i tried this mattress in the shop it seemed fine then i spent 950 to get this 'superb' mattress. only after one night it had a dip sag in the bed which gave me a very bad back pain. i went to the shop they refused to give me a refund. i wished i read the reviews. now i am contacting fantastic furniture through email to get a refund.

Purchased in February 2019 at Fantastic Furniture VIC, Nunawading for $950.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Discomfort Yes
SaggingYes
Perceived FirmnessHard
Hi Andy, I am very sorry to see the issues you are having with your new mattress and do apologise for the inconvenience caused. We have already started a warranty claim for you, and we will be in touch with you directly to assist further. Kind regards Ryan and the Fantastic teamthanks for the help of Ryan and shop manager. got a message today from the shop that i can get a refund. however i have to take the double size mattress back by myself. according to accc, "When a product is too large, too heavy or too difficult to remove, the business is responsible for paying the shipping costs or collecting the product within a reasonable time of being notified of the problem. " ryan could you confirm on this? thx.

The most terrible mattress I could have brought

Brought my mattress in sept 2018,I thought buying one of the most expensive queen mattress the serenity plush it would be great for my back and my legs but seems not the case, since buying this mattress it has been worse then my old mattress. The mattress has no support and sags on the sides of the mattress so you feel like you are going to fall out. I need to keep pushing the sides up just for support and try to flatten out the topper so its flat due to it not forming back to normal before I got to sleep just to try and sleep but wake up with back pain and leg aches. I have turned the mattress around and finding both side doing the same thing. Followed instructions yet still doesnt make a difference.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Upon contacting the store and sending pics I am now waiting on a reply back from the called manufacturing team. Let's hope this isnt a long process as I will take it further. Especially after the fact of it not even being 3 months old and such a bag sag already.Hi K,K, I am sorry to hear you are not enjoying your new mattress. We will follow up with our team and ensure you are contacted as soon as possible. Kind regards Ryan and the Fantastic teamThanks Ryan and team

Absolute Rubbish !

This is the worst mattress I have ever slept on . Purchased in August 2018 and haven’t had one good night since . The top layer has separated in parts like a big bubble on the surface . The sides collapse if you lay anywhere near the edge you roll off . There is ZERO support and it has sunk spots . Stitching is also falling apart along the seams of the edge. Back problems , neck problems !Its absolute rubbish! I have requested a refund regardless of the no return policy and will take it further if I have too . I can’t afford to pay $1200 on a bed you can’t sleep on !!!! Ang try that you sell this product!!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Jenzee, we're really sorry to hear you're having issues with the mattress you purchased. We're really like to get in touch to assist as best we can. Would it be possible to email through your order and contact details? Our email is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Annie and the Fantastic teamI have been in contact with the store I purchased it from . Hopefully it gets sorted soon. Thanks

Serenity Medium - sagging ++ after only 2 weeks.

I purchased the Serenity Medium from Fantastic Furniture on 21/9/18. I loved the thickness and the 20 year warranty. Today is 4/10/18 and I cannot take sleeping on this mattress any longer. It has not even been 2 weeks and sags significantly where I sleep. It’s a hole you can’t roll out of. My back, neck and hips are aching. From reading other reviews I notice this is a common issue. I wish I had noticed those reviews before. I hate to leave a negative review but others should be very wary about purchasing this mattress.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Kylie, we're really sorry to hear you're not happy with your new mattress. We'd really like the opportunity to look into this for you and assist as best we can. Would it be possible to send us an email at reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Please include your order/contact details as well as a few images of the mattress. We look forward to hearing from you. Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

Serenity Firm Mattress[ double bed]

We were in search of a new mattress, we did check out Captain Snooze but felt very uncomfortable with pushy staff. We went across to fantastic furniture after I had looked on the web site. we both didn't want the pillow top just a straight out mattress. my husband noticed the serenity which come with a 20yr warranty. so after laying down we both agreed that this was the one. when you sat on the side of the mattress it didn't sink down like some of the other mattresses did & it was a bit higher than the others. Now 2 weeks later we are still very happy with it.& thought the price was reasonable as well. Now 7 months later we are still very pleased with our choice of the Serenity Mattress.

Purchased in September 2018 at Fantastic Furniture VIC, Thomastown for $750.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodDays
Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes
Discomfort No
SaggingNo
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Hi Christine Drossinis, Thank you for choosing to shop with us! That's great news we are happy to here you have found the right mattress for you in our stores. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and we hope to see you again soon. Kindest Regards, Angelina and the Fantastic Team.I would also like too say thankyou to your staff at the Thomastown store, especially Angelo, for not being pushy, being friendly & polite, & with a smile. Thankyou, regards Christine Drossinis

Most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on

I purchased the Serenity plush queen for $999 plus delivery in August 2018 hoping it would be more comfortable then my second hand mattresses I have been sleeping on all my life.Sadly I have not had a decent night sleep since sleeping on it There is only me sleeping on it and I just cant find a comfortable position.Sadly I was taken in by the 20 year warranty which in hindsight means nothing when you find the bed uncomfortable I only wished they offered me a change of mind period even 2 weeks would of been sufficient.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Kerry, I am very sorry to hear not enjoying your new Serenity plush mattress. Unfortunately we are unable to offer returns on mattresses however you can rest assured if you do experience any faults with the mattress you are covered for 20 years. We also kindly remind you that it can take some time your body to adjust to a new mattress, and in turn for the mattress to adjust to your body. Kind regards Ryan and the Fantastic teamHi Fantastic Team Could you clarify what faults you do cover with this mattress?Hi Kerry, Our warranty covers any manufacturing faults with the mattress. If you feel there is a manufacturing fault with your mattress, I would recommend contacting the store you ordered from and lodging a warranty claim. If you require assistance, please let us know. Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

Worst mattress ever purchased!! Please do not waste your money!

I love Fantastic Furniture and their products as it provides good quality products at a affordable price, my whole house is pretty much a walk in display home of their products. However, the Serenity Queen Mattress Plush has been the absolutely worst purchase we have ever made HANDS DOWN!! We purchased the mattress on the 13th August 2018, picked it up from their warehouse on the 18th August and upon the 1st night of sleeping on it both my husband and I noticed that we kept sinking into the middle and each time we would re-adjust our positions back to the sides of the bed we always ended up back to the middle so the dip was noticeable on the VERY FIRST NIGHT of sleeping on it. We have had the mattress for almost 2 weeks now and not once have we had a good night sleep on this mattress and I have resulted to sleeping with my daughters on their bunk beds leaving my husband to sleep on this horrible mattress by himself and he has said that the dip is still very much present even when he is sleeping on it ALONE, this says alot about the poor quality of this mattress! I have yet to contact the store as I have read on their website that their are no refunds on mattresses which I find extremely disappointing as it is less than 2 weeks old and you can already tell how poor of a mattress this is!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi there Carole, I am very sorry to hear you are not enjoying your new Serenity queen mattress. Unfortunately as we do not offer a change of mind return for mattresses. We do advise it can take up to 8 weeks for your body to adjust to a new mattress. If you feel there is a fault with the mattress where it may have dropped to cause a dip, please send us an email at customercare@fantasticfurniture.com.au with your contact details and sales order details. We stand by our products and our Serenity plush mattress comes with a 20 year warranty so if there is any manufacturing fault now or in the future, you can be assured we will do our best to assist. Kind regards Ryan and the Fantastic teamHi Ryan and Team, Please be advised, I have just sent you an email as requested. Kind Regards, CaroleSent numerous emails and have not received one reply. Il be taking this further, thank you.

Worst Mattress Causes Back Pain

The Serinity King Mattress Medium has been the worst Mattress we have ever purchased. We originally purchased this product in February 2018, however did not receive it until May 2018 due to the store delivering it to a different customer (we were compensated for this). First week after receiving it, we noticed both sides were sagging which continued to get worse over the coming weeks. After experiencing a considerable amount of back pain, loss of sleep due to the discomfort of the mattress and chiropractic and physiotherapy appointments we contacted Fantastic Furniture to advise to which they asked us to send through some photos showing the sag of the mattress. We did this on 18/08/2018 with no response received to date. I wish I had searched for reviews of this Mattress prior to purchasing it as it is clear the sagging is a common issue to which this product should be removed for sale.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Darren, we're sorry to hear you've had issues with the mattress you purchased. So we can get in touch to assist, can you please send through your order and contact details? Our email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

Wake up like a zombie and spending money on chiro

I have purchased the Serenity Mattress King Plush about a year ago. I knew after the first night it was a very poor mattress but since Fantastic Furniture has this no exchange/no refund policy on mattresses therefore I tried to convince myself that I would get used to sleeping on it.

As time went by the mattress got worse and worse. Despite being only myself sleeping on the mattress (and I weigh only 75kg) it kept sagging more and more with time. I tried to flip it and sleep on every side of it, to no avail. My back is absolutely destroyed, I wake up like a zombie every day with a horrible pain in my back and neck. I purchased this mattress with 20 years of warranty, and paid $1,170 for it ! Money does not grow on trees, I work hard to earn it and even harder to save it. I bought the most expensive mattress Fantastic Furniture was offering because as the shop assistants said "we spend about a third of our day sleeping, we spend so much money on useless things, when it comes to a mattress it is an investment on health to get a good mattress". Not only it was the worst investment ever, I am now also having to see a chiropractor. So incredibly disappointed and frustrated.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi AnthonyE, We're really sorry to hear you're having issues with your Serenity mattress. We'd really like to get in touch so we can assist. Would you be able to send through your order and contact details as well as an image of the mattress? Look forward to hearing from you. Regards Annie and the Fantastic teamHi Annie , where would I send those details and pictures ?Hi AnthonyE, my apologies. Please send them through to reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

Mattress sags badly after 4 months of sleeping on it

This is the worst mattress I have ever slept on, I have only had it a few months and it is sagging in the middle, I wake up every morning now with lower back pain, I contacted Fantastic furniture in Cairns and was told to use a broom handle across the bed and take photos to send to customer care. Reading the reviews on this mattress it looks like people have a lot of issues with this mattress and also the warranty process. I will be taking this further as I dont know why they continue to sell a mattress that is obviously of poor quality, my 15 year old mattress is more comfortable and I am now sleeping on the lounge. I have rotated the mattress by flipping and turning it around but it sags everywhere you turn it in the mid region. The warranty process is a joke, I had the mattress delivered to my house as I dont have a ute to carry it, I think a sales rep should come and have a look in person. Could fantastic furniture respond to this review please so it can be seen publicly? If I have no joy in a very timely manner I will take it to the ombudsman and office of fair trading as there is substantial evidence of this mattress being of poor quality with all of the reviews

I am not sleeping !!!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Unhappy customer, I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your mattress. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you and to see how we can help get this resolved for you. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is customercare@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

This is one of the worst mattresses i slept. Please dont buy this and spoil your health.

This is one of the worst mattress i slept. Please don't buy this and spoil your health. All weights are going on the neck and i had severe neck pain. Only 1 week old, and i am sleeping on floor. Terrible. Waste for hard earned money.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Manju, I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your mattress. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you and see if we can assist. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is customercare@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

King Size Disappointment

After purchasing the Serenity King Size Plush mattress only 10 months ago it began to sag terribly on both sides with a very noticeable ridge line in the middle after the first 4 months. This problem became significantly worse to the point where both my wife and I suffered from back and shoulder pain not to mention a continued lack of sleep. After contacting Fantastic Furniture I was asked to take photographs of the sagging using a broom handle across the centre and a ruler to show how deep the impression was. In the manufacturers warranty document the wording states that an impression of no less than 32mm will be considered for a warranty claim. This I believe was shown clearly in the photographs I supplied. The response from them (FF) was that the manufacturers had rejected any possibility of our mattress being considered for a warranty / replacement as the sagging was not severe enough. I am extremely disappointed with this result as the mattress has a 20 year warranty and is barely a year old. I would not recommend this mattress to anyone and believe it is a major waste of money.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Matt P., I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your mattress. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you and to see how we can help get this resolved for you. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is customercare@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Ryan and the Fantastic teamHi Ryan, My order no. is 8880000274109 and the mattress was purchased on 2nd March 2017. I have been dealing with Cynthia in the Chullora service team and have sent her an email with all of our photos. Cynthia has been very helpful although it seems that her hands have been tied as it is the manufacturer who has knocked back the claim leaving her to be the bearer of bad news. Kind Regards Matt [number removed] matthew.pell3@det.nsw.edu.au

Serenity matress mediun causing backaches

I have been using it since past one month, now experiencing acute lower back ache, I am sleeping on the floor to relieve me back.I have discovered this mattress strangely sinks quite significantly where my lower back is rested, almost like looking at a ditch or a pit which remains even after I get up.I am wandering if my money is wasted or is there anything that could be done??
The reason I went for medium is due to my fragile back and my preference for mattress to support my back. This is like sleeping on a worn out 50 year old mattress.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Tariq, I am sorry to hear you are no longer enjoying the Serenity medium mattress that you purchased from us. We would really like to see if we are able to assist. If you could contact us directly at customercare@fantasticfurniture.com.au with your purchase and contact details, we will take a look and see what we can do for you. Kind regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

Horrible mattress

Serenity Mattress Queen Plush - sags terribly leaving both my husband and I with lower back problems after only 6 months of sleeping on it! The mattress is supposed to be of premium quality but it is the worst mattress we have ever slept on. I wouldn't even use it as a spare. We purchased this mattress from Fantastic Furniture, Burleigh on the Gold Coast and I have sent an email hoping to receive a replacement of a different mattress as this mattress has a 20 year warranty which simply isn't true.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi Brig, we are very sorry to hear you are not happy with the Serenity Mattress you purchased. We would really like to look into this for you and assist in any way we can. Would it be possible to email through your order and contact details? Our email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

Horrible

Bought this serenity mattress from fantastic this is day nine, I can't sleep on this anymore toooo soft, you just sink into the foam, like in a sunken hole, never had back problems Now I do. Partner disturbance +++
Your better off sleeping on the floor.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Peter.D, I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your sofa. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you and to see how we can help get this resolved for you. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

Do not waste your money!

I purchased this mattress only two months ago and already it has a LARGE DIP in the middle and already SAGGED! I am not a heavy person only weighing approx 75kg, in my 30's with no back trouble. It is EXTREMELY uncomfortable and I absolutely REGRET purchasing this mattress as it is already starting to give me BACK PAINS when I wake up in the morning. I contacted my local Fantastic Furniture store where I purchased this from and they asked me to take photo's with a broom stick across the sagging / large dip in the middle of the bed last week which they have on sent to the factory, I am still waiting for a reply so I sent them an email today following up. I understand their policy is no refund or exchange on mattresses and they will only repair or replace it but I just don't think that is good enough when you spend $1,150 on a 'premium' mattress from them. I just wish I purchased a mattress from a reputable brand now as most well known brands offer a trial period and will fully refund you if you don't find the mattress comfortable. I have been sleeping on my 10+ year old Sealy mattress for the last week which is still very comfortable and not sagged at all in the middle while I try and get this sorted. I will keep you all posted on the outcome!!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Zen, I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your sofa. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you and to see how we can help get this resolved for you. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Ryan and the Fantastic teamThanks Ryan, it was a mattress not a sofa. Thank you I will email shortly. Regards

Serenity medium king mattress fantastic

Had mattress a month. Absolutely fabulous. Comfortable. Great for the aching joints and back. High quality for medium price. Hardly any movement from partner. A little bit heavy but that is to expected being a king mattress. Highly recommend.

Hi Natz77, thanks so much for choosing to shop with us! That's great to hear! We hope to see you again in store in the future. Regards Ryan and the Fantastic team