Finish Dishwasher Cleaner Intensive Clean and Care

Finish Dishwasher Cleaner Intensive Clean and Care Questions & Answers

16 questions from our users

Janice C.

Janice C.asked

I bought this product twice and after putting it through two different cycles on hardest the liquid does not empty out of the bottle. Last year I use this product and it worked fine. What is wrong?

B.K.

Not sure. If it is emptying partly, perhaps the cycle wasn't long enough or hot enough, or perhaps the batch of bottles weren't manufactured quite right. I would suggest trying an eco-friendly cleaner, if there are any out there designed for the dishwasher, or a plain descaler designed for the dishwasher. This product did not work well in my small dishwasher and left chemical residue taste and smell on any dishes subsequently washed the machine, for weeks.

Shelly

Shellyasked

Can you put cleaner in with dishes? Is it harmful

B.K.

The instructions not to, so I wouldn't. Personally I didn't like the product as it left my dishwasher with a lot of chemical residue, which transferred to the dishes for weeks in terms of taste and smell.

John

Johnasked

This isn't a question but rather a tidbit of information. As a maintenance technician dealing with repairs of commercial dishwashers I can assure you that these "cleaning" products are a scam. Think about this, if your dishes come out all sparkly and clean, why wouldn't the same pipes and pump that circulate that water be cleaned at the same time? The answer.... They ARE! The grease and grime doesn't "move away" from the dishes and then stick on the dishwasher! The enzyme used to break down the grease is very corrosive. I've pulled apart wash pumps that are worn away from the dishwashing tablets. They are absolutely NOT greasy or grimey inside. In fact they are just as clean as your dishes. They smell in the dishwasher is coming from the little bit of moisture left in the sump after you empty it. If you leave the door ajar for a few hours the moisture will evaporate and you won't need this "cleaning" crap..... Use this information as you wish. Save money or waste it... Up to you.

Firehose

Firehoseasked

Have run the cleaner as directed on back of bottle. Pealed sticker off and ran through high temp cycle. Cleaner still in container and won't come out. How should it come out? Does the center melt to release the liquid?

fishing
fishing

Had the same problem what a waste of money

Annie Wall

Annie, I too have used the cleaner numerous times and same not all was dispensed, tablets I use are useless as it leaves scum in filter each wash, why do I still use this product, I have rung several times on phone, more than 15 mins again in que and no reply even getting to number 1 in que. there is a problem a big one. Rubbish product !!!!! bet I don't get a reply watch this space.

I am in uk in Somerset

Alma S.asked

I have used Finish dishwasher Cleaner. Removed the sticker. Selected + 65 long cycle. The bottle remained full after all this! Please help b

Jeannie

I had the same problem so can’t help. Sorry.

Alma S.

My research reveals it is a common problem! I ended up ringing the customer service number on the bottle. It was suggested I scraped the wax on the cap with my fingernail or a butter knife. I mad a significant hole in one segment & fluid flowed freely. Not happy I had to waste a whole lengthy cycle of hot water though!

Stephanie

Stephanieasked

I accidentally put finish dishwasher cleaner in the rinse container..put on cycle with no dishes and left rinse door open..still some cleaner left in ...pored several amount of water through and some came out...if I didn’t get it all out is it toxic if a load of dishes is done?

No idea, sorry.

Chris B

Chris Basked

What’s a quantomatic?

Graham

Grahamasked

Are Finish Supercharged Quantum Powerballs suitable for use when discharge goes to an aerated household waste system. ( A Biocycle treatment system)
If not to be used can you suggest an alternative cleaner?
Regards
Graham Jamieson

ms.ant
ms.ant

I found baking soda and white vinegar works and cheaper. This website help me. https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/how-to-clean-your-dishwasher-in-3-easy-steps

Seanc54

Seanc54asked

I have used the Finish dishwashing cleaner and the seal doesn't release the liquid after the dishwasher has been on a 2 hour pots and pan cycle. Has anyone else had this problem?

swat
swat

YES I faced the same problem today after running a full heavy pots cycle

solargirl

solargirlasked

I have a Miele dishwasher and cannot find anywhere in the bottom drawer where the bottle of dishwasher cleaner DOESN'T wobble around a little -does this matter. -Yes there are upright supports -but designed for larger plates so the bottle slips sideways a bit and falls slightly sideways -does not fall completely over. Does this matter?? I'd have thought the bottle should be held rigidly upside down for this to work? The Finish web-site is no help.

Dan

It doesn't matter if it wobbles a little as long as it won't fall over your will be fine. It wobbled a little in minexpensive and it still worked.

Heather F.

Heather F.asked

Okay, maybe this is a stupid question, but is the dishwasher supposed to be empty when you use the dishwasher cleaner?

Dan

Yes. Because you need to make sure that the cleaner gets every dishwasher part clean. The cleaner may take the finsh off the dishes.

Tra

Traasked

When you've used the dishwasher cleaner should the bottle be empty or at least the liquid is clear?

Dan

Use on hottest setting. And bottle should be empty, at least mine was.

Marnel

Marnelasked

How does it work. I put it in dishwasher took paper sign of and nothing got out the bottle

Dan

Run dishwasher at hottest setting.

Andy

Andyasked

Does the bottle empty when you use it once only put it in dishwasher and put it on cycle and it never emptied?

Dan

It was completely empty. I used the hottest cycle on dishwasher.

Melanie Ward
Melanie Ward

I followed the instructions and did the sanitary cycle and when dint the bottle is still full and the wax was still in place. I'll try it one more time and hopefully didn't waste my money on this product.

Barry01

Barry01asked

Can i use this product in our 2 door washer?

Dallas

My understanding from reading about the product is that it safe to be used in any dishwasher that you can use their "Finish" dishwasher tablets in, which I'd guess is most if not all dishwashers. The only criteria given on the back of the container is that it has to be used on a minimum temperature setting of 65C.

If you're in any doubt, the manufacture is Reckitt Benckiser.

jbcheyne

jbcheyneasked

I did exactly as the instructions said, but the bottle is still full after the cycle went through. i used HOT water, did it on Pots and Pans Cycle, Did not remove the lid, but took off the label -

Dallas

It looks like you've done everything correctly. As long as the label on the lid is removed, bottle is placed in the dishwasher vertically and upside down and the water is hot it should work and the bottle should be completely empty at the end of the wash. I'd suggest phoning their customer service line as they'll either give you a solution or a refund. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

im finished
im finished

i've used it twice in the last week and the whole bottle is full in the dishwashwer with no liquid dispensed. did it a year ago and it worked...dunno why. wax is not melting for some reason, so i helped it a little by scraping a bit off and then it worked. shudnt have to do that! also, i added CLR because we have hard water

Get an answer from our members and Finish representatives