First State Auctions

First State Auctions

See the Best Auction Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Suggested a price less than 10% of retail, less than Cash Converters.

Suggested a price less than 10% of retail, less than Cash Converters. Why waste time and effort. Basically you are paying them to lose you money. Strongly do not recommend this company.

Great Concept - Shame about the quality

I have been attending these auctions for the last couple of years. Some great jewellry. They (mostly) have a reserve price (even though they say otherwise). Last year my friend purchased a $5600 ring (using my registration). The ring had to be resized at purchase - 12 months and 2 days later the setting broke. First State take no responsibility and the jeweller who manufactured it was happy to charge for the repair. They said the ring had been mistreated. My friend is a 65 year old woman - what could she possibly do? We took the ring to a upmarket jeweller in Brisbane to inspect. They said that when Platinum is overheated (for resizing) the setting becomes brittle. My friend is having her ring repaired by a local manufacturer. Poor outcome for $5600.
As I said, some great jewellry - like any auction, make sure you know your market value before you buy.