KA A

KA ASydney, NSW

bought a car from pickles auctions vic tullamarine (missing parts)

Dave L.

Dave L.Sydney, NSW

Always do your due diligence

Have bought 4 cars (All of them via gov't auction) and countless items in the general auctions. IF you are careless enough to buy a car and not inspect it in person, then you only have yourself to blame. Have bought general goods and $10- $600. I got what i paid for all as described.

Blake K.

Blake K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Out of pocket $6000 for a deceitful condition report. Pickles won't take any responsibility!!

Great Value, great service

Today I traveled to Adelaide to pick up a car for my Parent in laws. Price was great, car was great, and to top it off the Service from Dave Dennis and Mathew was excellent. Highly reccomend

GeorgePerth, WA

Extremely disappointed by constant negative and illegal behavior by Pickles towards buyers.

George

I have sent a email as you requested with a copy of my invoice for the latest issue. Lets see if Pickles actually give a damn.

NakkasPerth, WA

Never had a problem

I have bought a few cars from Pickles over the last 15 years from all over Aust. Never had a problem. Buying online will aleays be a gamble. Thats why the cars are cheap. If you want a warranty, buy from a dealer. Im happy.

AliSydney, NSW

They sold me a lemon....

condition report stated engine miss fire. Not mentioning the turbo is gone the engine has much more problems the 2 back tyres are about to pop and has a pink slip dont know how they approved a pink slip so illegal this is a salvage car not normal auction !!! Went to talk to manager and return car only to be stuffed around went to the office 3 days to be told I will get a phone call within an hr still waiting 1 week later for this phone call... best option is to take it legal.. DO NOT BUY FROM PICKLES false advertisement pickles belmore nsw ...

Daniel

DanielGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Scammers... truck that was sold should be in salvage not buy it now

Bought a truck from pickles on buy it now so NOT ON AUCTION and didnt even make it home ,, gearbox failed,clutch failed, air compressor failed, engine had hole in the piston all this 60km from pickles yard..
Came back to talk to staff ,, only to be shuffled around and ignored for a good hour .... After a hour and a bit manager made an appearance and let me know that he is going to investigate but not really his problem... well he is "investigating "
For 6 weeks now , and not answering email or making any contact.
Guess I'll have to take his (pickles manager) advice and go legal.

PaulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Joke of a business - check out the story on A Current Affair last night

I bought a vehicle there some months ago and there were numerous faults not listed on the condition report that couldn't be missed when doing an inspection. I contacted Pickles to remedy the situation and they were incredibly dismissive and arrogant.

Feel free to contact A Current Affair, like I just did, with your experience if it proves to be terrible like mine was. The story comes up at about the 18 minutes mark on October 9 2019.

JezzaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

All good so far

Would recommend DYI Inspect. Although slightly over the 48 Hours from collection to payment they delivered what they promised. Very happy with the offer for my car and the process was straightforward from beginning to end.

DYI Inspect

Ozzibob

Ozzibob

STAY AWAY FROM 'DIYINSPECT' APP BY PICKLES

Decided to try Pickles 'DIYinspect' App for selling a family members car for them. The car is in immaculate condition, low km for its age, top of the line model with every factory option included plus full service history and has conservative Redbook value of $22K. Their offer, $12K...I contacted them to double check as thought they must have made a typo in the email, no such mistake they were serious!!! I asked the person at Pickles if their staff who collect cars wear balaclavas, hoodies, gloves and can hotwire cars, LOL. Don't waste your time these guys are an actual joke.

False Promises - Low Value Trade In - Poor After Sales Support

Todd W.Sydney, NSW

BEWARE BUYING FROM PICKLES ONLINE

Todd W.

Hi, Talk to Craig Cameron at Pickles Sunshine, He has all the information you will need and all correspondence to date has been via Craig, Albeit with no JOY.

Ralph

RalphGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Winning bidder, referred to Vendor, No contact

I was highest bidder for a car at Pickles Dubbo, I assume it was a referral but no one contacted me to negotiate the price ! And no reply to my email ! What's going on Pickles Dubbo !

CarefulshopperPerth, WA

Wrong size stated

I placed a bid for a double bed online and won. I picked up the bed and when I put it up at home and surprise surprise ,it's actually a queen size bed. There were also a few screws missing which I suppose can be expected. So now I have a frame I do not need and a double mattress that I purchased that is on the floor. Not so hard to actually advertise the correct size is it?

Carefulshopper

I did as requested and have reached a resolution with Pickles. Very happy with outcome. Thank you!

BMC

BMCNorthern Territory

No one answering phones (Sunshine)

Hi,
We have been trying to call the Sunshine depot for almost 2 days now. We bought a car online and need to arrange freight as we are not in the state of Victoria for another 2 weeks.

Anyone know why they don’t answer phones or emails for they matter?

joshlegg86

joshlegg86Hobart, TAS

I have purchased two cars, lovely experience

I have purchased two cars from Pickles in Hobart now, couldnt recommend it enough. 2006 VE commodore that ran almost flawless for 10 years and now a Hyundai i40 that has run faultlessly for 3 years.

OkaySydney, NSW

Staff very unhelpful

Staff very unhelpful, l am new to the bidding online, was going through the online sales but to my surprise got an email that l had won a bid for a car was't sure I looked at, anyway called belmore office and was told l had pressed on the bid button, the person I spoke too said he would lodge am error bid complaint , maybe I could get some of my money which was taken from my account back. It going to two weeks but no one had called. I have called the office severally but what l get told each time l call is someone will call you back.

Okay

Thanks CX for following this up promptly, really appreciated.

Pickles CxPickles Auctions

You're most welcome Okay.

Pickles Cx

Customer Experience was able to sort everything out

Filed a review with Pickles. Customer experience was able to get back to me.
After a few emails of requesting more details from me (all within a day)
The manager was able to resolve everything and a satisfactory resolution was met.
Would buy from Pickles again as this was just an unlucky lemon which got resolved straight away.

steph

stephMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Pickles Wagga- had some difficulties with a purchase of a car but was sorted out by head office later

I brought a car from Pickles Auction yesterday, the female car manager told me that the car did not need a blue slip because it just had ran out of rego and they had a pink slip for it and I could get it registered straight away. However after I purchased it and tried to get a Green slip, I couldn't as it needed a blue slip, I rang this female car manager at Pickles Auction Wagga and she said the pink slip had just ran out and I now needed a blue slip at my cost if I wanted to register the car. However, I made a complaint to head office of Pickles NSW and the head office staff offer a fair solution to the issue.

Paulasked

Hello, I bid on and was the highest bidder an online vehicle auction on Friday. My bid was 'refer' when the auction ended. I contacted Pickles on Monday and was told the item is still referred to buyer. After reading the comments on this site it appears that my bid will most likely not be accepted. Presently am looking to purchase another vehicle on another auction site ending in 2 days, is there a shut off time when the item is still referred to buyer when I am no longer legally required to honour my action agreements?

Nakkas

The Seller can stick with the reserve price or come down in reserve price. Pickles should contact you to let you know what the seller wants to do. Just ring Pickles and tell them you want an answer so you can decide on the other vehicle..

Paul

As I stated, I had already contacted Pickles and asked the question - was told they would contact me soon. My question, what is the duration that I am legally bound to the auction agreement? Soon could be a days or weeks before I know if the seller agrees to the bid. It is now 5 days since the auction - Is there a specified cutoff period where the bid becomes null and void or is it the case that; because the bid was referred then there is no agreement and I am not bound to the bid?

Paul

Insert the sound of crickets here!

Helenasked

Hi,
I bought a caravan from Pickles. When it was delivered the gas bottles were missing. They were in the auction photos. When I rang Pickles up they told me they are not allowed to sell gas bottles. They were specific gas bottles for the caravan so the special cover goes over them. I want the gas bottles returned.
Regards Helen

Hi Helen,

I'd like to look into this for you. Can you please provide me with a copy of your invoice and any additional details so I can follow this up with the branch.

You can email me at cx@pickles.com.au

Regards, Pickles Cx

It is all sorted out. All good. Thanks

Hi Helen,

That's wonderful news, glad to hear it's been sorted.
We certainly hope to be able to provide you with a smoother, trouble-free experience next time.

All the best, Pickles Cx

Dnk

Dnkasked

Bought a bike from pickles in Melbourne, done a ppsr and it states it still has money owing on it. It’s been 10 days since the contract was settled. Also being the first time buyer, I’m not sure where I stand. Do they have x amount of time to pay or it’s up to me?

vik
vik

I would say you should contact them, as they can play very smart, without you fully understanding the auction terms, it can be laid upon you, but give them call they should preety much tell whats on with it.

Hi Dnk,

Please provide as much detail about the asset and transaction as possible, a copy of your invoice will suffice.
You can email me at cx@pickles.com.au and I will look into this for you.

Regards, Pickles Cx

Hi Dnk,

Thanks for providing the information I needed.

As per our email conversation, the vendor did not make us aware that there was an encumbrance on the asset at time of listing for Auction (which is their obligation), subsequently, they have rectified this. Therefore I can advise that there is clear title on this asset.

We do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and can advise that we reinforced with this Vendor their obligations under the terms and conditions of sale.

Kind regards, Pickles Cx