Joel

JoelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stay away from the Live App

Pickles Canberra claim I bid on a vehicle which I did not. Total scam, do not use. Contacted them immediately when received invoice, I also followed up with two emails. Contacted finally three days later. But told sorry they would not refund credit card charge for bidding online. I did not bid on this vehicle do the right thing Mr Pickles. What a joke and to think I've been offered a 12 month Ban for their system failing and requesting a refund. Bring on the Ban.

Tap

TapGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never buy from pickle .. all dodgy...

Dave

DaveSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service and please for those looking for auction cars, do not purchase from Pickles!

Philip B

Philip BAU

I will not be buying from them again.

Pickles Auctions sold an item which I had paid for while I was negotiating to have the item shipped to New Zealand.
On contacting Pickles Auctions they were very vague about what had happened to my item and just won't communicate.
After contacting NSW Fair Trade Pickles Auctions, admitted that they had sold my paid for item . It would have been appreciated if at least they contacted me to say there was a problem. They are equivalent to a scam.

Ben

BenCanberra

Street Sweeper

• +2Thumbnail
mkozlowski83

mkozlowski83Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Selling car through pickles made super easy

I sold my car trough pickles, did self inspection using the app and then received an offer from pickles.
Offer was above average and much better than any other offer from other places offering similar services.
Dropped off the car couple of days later and received my money within a day.

Perfect communication with the staff and overall great experience selling selling my car.

Michael A.

Michael A.

If you can’t test it start it don’t buy it

Cant start or test vehicle or boat
You take a big risk when buying through pic I tried to buy a boat. I asked if I can start the engine they did not allow me to start motor. Be careful as you could buy and realise the engine has major problem or engine is problematic. They are happy to take your money and take your commission. You buy as is if you buy private you can test Ian’s start motor. I would not recommend buying from pickles auction. A lot of dealers that Cannot sell vehicles sell through pickles as buyer can’t start or test. kles auction.

Ralph G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Caprice odometer from another car !!! Can't get roadworthy !

Two mechanics said Caprice was pulled apart then unprofessionally put back together again !! And odometer 89000 klms was from another car. And wires cut everywhere !! And Pickles never mentioned Airbag fault light was on in condition report ! Deception personified !!! Now stuck with $10000 car that can't get roadworthy !! Pickles lady handed me note saying car came from Melbourne dealer ie KMI Vic Pty Ltd, trading as Auto Car Sales. Shame Shame !! Lost $10000 !!!

Duped

DupedSouth East Queensland, QLD

False advertising?

Mark

MarkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent service and efficient process

I bought a second hand car from Prestige and sold my car as trade in. The process was straightforward and the staff were courteous. Tony was exceptional in helping me with the trade in. Kudos to the whole team. My new vehicle was delivered very clean and is in excellent condition for its age.

Ahmed Elsherbini

Ahmed ElsherbiniSydney, NSW

very rude

i went to pickles to pick up my personal item after car accident but the reception lady was VERY RUDE and i can see they need more training to know how they can talk to the customers

Abdul

AbdulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible cars. Please don't Trust them. Save your MONEY

Condition reports mentioned minor dents and tyres are fair. I was impressed and won the BID. initially, i got 1st invoice to pay for the car and extra warranty. later another 2nd invoice for the transfer and gov charges and picked charges. I was happy and thought all going according to plan. 3rd invoice to pay for the repairs broken windshield and oil leak charges. I was shocked. they never mentioned about the windshield in the conditional report.
never thought I will end up in this auction crap .. loosing hard earn money. Please guys better to buy from showroom or dealer. I learnt a new lesson.

Product is as advertised and great customer service

I bought a car from the government auctions at pickles Belmore and the experience was very pleasant. I understand and agree with social distancing rules, which do not allow for on site viewing and inspection of the vehicle, but found that the condition reports were honest and trustworthy. I discovered a fault with the car later that was not declared on the condition report and the team was very helpful in solving my problem in an efficient way. Specifically, Chloe at front desk who helped direct my questions to the right people, Patrick who drove my car with love and respect, and Woody for ultimately sorting it out. Thank you for your help and I hope your company values your contribution to its good reputation.

Fateful S.

Fateful S.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Disappointed

I have felt lured in.
I used their DIYInspect app.
After a physical inspection the offer dropped to 1/3 of the original offer.
I believe either they lure you in with a highball offer or it is impossible to make an accurate offer based on a series of photos and a 15 second video.
The staff are oblivious to processes. We were misled to believe the process would be finalised by 2pm that day.
Staff were unapologetic, did not care, took no ownership of their incompetence, did not listen.
I tried to leave a review on DIY Inspect but it does not register bad reviews which sums up the lack of integrity in all dealings with Pickles and DIY Inspect.

Fake kms

I have bought few car all of them turned to be faulty 2 has transmission problem and one got bad engine noise .
When I approached them they say we don’t give any guarantee for any mechanical .

No one buy these scrap from me so I give it back to them and they charge $600 from me to sell it others even though they know car has problems
I lost $5000 on these cars I learnt my lesson

People used finance cars and gave it back to finance company with odo meter reversed So they will not lose money when car auctioned

Eric

EricSydney, NSW

Purchaser feedback.

Have now purchased 2 cars from Pickles. Both have turned out to be really good buys and have found condition and prices to be very good. Staff have always been courtious and helpful. Would always try them first when next I need another car.

Ex Customer

Ex Customer

DO NOT BUY ANY CARS FROM HERE!!!

Do not buy any cars from here! A big waste of time, money and energy! They full damaged my car with their forklifts and smashed the front end. They left pen marks all over the windscreen and panels and half of them don't come off. They also left some of the windows and doors open as there is bird poo, dust and water damage inside! Stay away from these rude, inexperienced amateurs!

Company Director

Company DirectorSydney, NSW

Department manager at Belmore pickle auction

Emily from pickles auctions

I rang pickles to enquire about a car in salvage . the service I received from Emily was good and refreshing in these times. she offered to call me back when she went out to view the car which gave me confidence in my bidding. keep up the great work Emily , hopefully your company sees this and realises what an asset you are .

Si joash

Si joashSydney, NSW

Terrible sales staff

I won a yacht but found the guy handling the sale, inattentive, rude and uninterested. He mislead the boat and it's situation. He never returned phone calls. He was conducting the auction on behalf of NSW marine and I would feel ripped off if I was them. He knows nothing about boats. Dale Richards was negotiating as reserve wasn't met. Then without even a phone call the boat was back up for a new auction!
I knew Peter pickles, he would have been disappointed. He ran a professional organisation.

Angelina Alam

Angelina Alamasked

My Name is Angelina, I want to sale my car, please let me know how I can do it thru you and how much cost you take and how long it will take to sale it please?
My email is : [email removed]

Ralph G.

Please give details about car. Year model klms condition service records etc

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Why avoid contacting them directly

J Crawford

J Crawfordasked

My daughter had her vehicle sold by Pickles at Tamworth on the 2nd July only to be advised a week later the buyer had freighted it to Sydney but had pulled out of the sale because of a mechanical issue.
She was told the sale had been withdrawn and she was now being charged for the costs of the buyer transporting the vehicle to Sydney and return.
Now she has been notified she has an accrued fee of $924 with an additional storage fee of $66 each day it remains in the Pickles yard which they have told her they would waive if she picked the vehicle up by 18th August.
What part of the terms and conditions am I missing? I understand if I buy it’s on an ‘as is, where is’ basis with no guarantee or warranty.
Why is my daughter being bullied with these stand over tactics?

Paulasked

Why do you keep moving the auction date forward? Frustrated spending so much time to find items, making time to be online to bid only to find out the auction time has been changed.

Anne L.
Anne L.

Or that you've bid on a car and believe that you have won it but then it's confirmed by the receptionist that someone else has bid higher. NOW I have an invoice for a car that I never bid for ...... much older and totally different car. The deposit has been deducted from my account and I have to waste time sorting this out. I really wish that I had read these reviews before bidding on any car.....I am disturbed by this process.

Paul

'Insert sound of Crickets here'

Get an answer from our members and Pickles Auctions representatives