1.9

Jesse W.

Jesse W.

Stole money from me.

Won an auction. Bid was rejected. Over a week later they took the money from my account and told me to pick it up. After emails saying I no longer wanted it they agreed to refund me. No refund received and ignoring my emails. It has been almost a month.
Bank and ACCC now getting involved.

Leanne C.

Leanne C.Central, SA

mixed results

Asif W.

Asif W.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst experience. False and misleading information

John

JohnMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Buying a car with Pickles finance

found a vehicle on carsales/pickles and ask for a little finance which i have a rating off 98% but refused by them which was a little strange and found befor being refused i ring sent emails but after 10 days no one replied i rang a 1300 number and some one rang sorry can not do finance never been knock back before alway paid direct credit

fma

fmaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Car I never bidded on, and now they will not refund my deposit.

Tony H.South East Queensland, QLD

Don't believe a word of what they say.

1CoverSucks

1CoverSucksSydney, NSW

Thank you For The People Review Pickles Auctions

I just want to say thank you to everyone that have submitted their reviews here. I was literally gonna go tomorrow to spend 40k with Pickles, but after reading the horrible experiences ill rather spend 10k more and buy new.

Mike C.Sydney, NSW

Reneged on the 7 day buy back guarantee

Do not deal with these guys. Pickles Belmore refused to return my deposit, despite the 7 day buy-back guarantee. I had left three voicemails for them over two days at the start of the 7 day window, but they failed to return my calls. Instead they went ahead and registered the vehicle and now insist I pay a $434 registration fee out of the deposit. Their reasoning - I should have emailed rather than phoned! Ridiculous.

Matthew

MatthewIllawarra, NSW

Gave me Spare keys for a different car then refused to replace them!

Bought a 2018 Toyota Kluger. The car was advertised with spare keys but the spare keys provided were for a completely different car. When I contacted Pickles about it they never rang me back, I had to call continuously to follow up the matter, then got told they wouldn’t replace both the spare coded and spare sub key. Despite me doing all the groundwork because they couldn’t come up with a plan. It’s not unreasonable to expect the advertised spare keys be for your car, and if they are not - replaced. The staff member on the phone who eventually handled it was rude and kept cutting me off. Not what I expected from such a well established company.

Dan

DanAdelaide

Was told lies!!!

AndrewGHunter Region, NSW

Car damaged. A/C components & condenser smashed. Engine mounts bent. No inspections during Covid

AndrewG

Thanks for touching base. Yes, the Pickles team contacted me late last week to work through the issues. Very satisfied with the response. It’s not what happened, its how you respond that makes the difference.

CallumGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Budget Prices but Hidden Fees

Knowing the car sales are complicated, I had read up all the terms and conditions before purchase.

I then purchased a car from a Victoria Fleet (government vehicle) auction at Pickles Auction Sunshine branch- the car was a bargain.

I was surprised to see them charge $200 more in auction fees than was listed on their website for Victorian Fleet auctions.

When I spoke to the cashier about this, she told me that the Vic Fleet price only applies to the first 100 lots in the auction. This information was nowhere on the website or their terms and conditions!

Pickles boasts - "Pickles charge competitive fees with no hidden costs."

They fail to live up to this boast.

zameer.kh

zameer.khSydney, NSW

Beware of 7 day buy back offer loophole

I was told there is a 7 day buy back offer. When I approached them during the cooling off period, they said I have not signed the 7 day buy back form so I am not eligible. That was ridiculous reasoning and very cunning.

Pickles CxPickles Auctions

Staff paddock bashed my car, left windows down in a rainstorm, ridiculous fees and online auctions started 1 hour late!

Major mistakes buying fixed price vehicle

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Check carsales.com thoroughly first.

You can get a good deal on pickles but they are not as common as they should be since you are taking the risk of not having a proper look at the car and technically it could blow up 300 yards down the road and there is no come backs. Just had a simple check of the fixed price Rav4 on pickles and found I could get exactly the same car with less milage and more rego for $3000 cheaper from a dealer that means there is some guarantees with the dealer. Dont think it is an automatic bargan most sales on pickles are not better that carsales.com but with more risk.

Bernard.

Bernard.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Pickles make an error, then ban the customer!!

Paula Silbery

Paula SilberyGoldfields, WA

Awesome Reviews

William B.

William B.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Uninformed Customer Service

This company clearly doesn't know what they are doing. On their website, there is/was a PC that is sort of meant for gaming and so I was still deciding if I should bid. When I called the branch about the inquiry about the PC, i got moved 5 times in the call because I've apparently reached the wrong branch or because they didn't even know that they had a PC in their branch. Customer service was absolute garbage except for a nice man whose name I've forgotten but i have yet to get a shipping price for a PC that is located in Dubbo to Victoria. If they cannot even do this then i don't think they deserve even 2 stars.

Pickles CxPickles Auctions

Don’t buy anything for Pickles auction

They are bunch thieves and liars
I will never deal with them ever again
After what there did.
They damaged and stole parts from my car.
And then when I spoke to them they threatened me.

Chad C.

Chad C.asked

I bet on a car by mistake and I won the bet how to cancel that

Hi Chad,

Thanks for the question.

Under the terms and conditions of participation at auction(s) all sales are final and there is no ability to cancel a sale. If you do not proceed with the sale then you stand to forfeit any deposit paid and are likely to be banned from participating at any future auctions.

Did you contact the branch immediately, and if so, what was their response?

Please email me your response (along with a copy of your invoice) directly to cx@pickles.com.au and I will review this for you.

Mayurasked

Hi CX,
What if I buy fixed price car from PicklesGO and then it doesn’t pass the roadworthy inspection for interstate car registration?

Hi Mayur,

Thanks for the question.

All PicklesGO cars come with a Roadworthy Inspection certification for the State in which they are sold. i.e. a car sold at PicklesGO in NSW will have Roadworthy for NSW, not any other state.

Each state has it's own criteria for Roadworthy Certification and there is no such thing as a National Certification.

Hope that helps,
Regards Pickles Cx

Mayur

My question is what if it doesn't pass the Roadworthy Certification for that other state?

Hi Mayur,

Apologies my original response wasn't clear.

You would need to determine the issue that has caused it to be declined for Roadworthy and then rectify it so that it is compliant.

Roadworthy certificates provided will only be compliant with the State in which the asset was sold (not any other State or Country).

Hope that helps.

Heshan B.asked

I have won a hail damaged car on live auction 3 days ago, still I haven't got any confirmation email or anything

Hi Heshan,

Has the branch taken your deposit as yet, or have they provided you an invoice to pay the balance?

You can post your response here or email me directly at cx@pickles.com.au.

Heshan B.

Haven't got any email about it, no either invoice to pay. No deposit taken either.

Hi Heshan,

Thanks for the reply.

Based on what you're saying I would think it is likely the asset was not sold.

Did you hear the Auctioneer say 'Sold' (did you see 'SOLD' on your screen at time of bidding)?
Or did he/she say the asset was 'Referred' or 'Passed In'?

It is possible that although you may have been the highest bidder you may not have won the car as your bid did not meet the Vendors Reserve price.

If you can provide me with details of the car I can check for you. Simply email the information to me at cx@pickles.com.au and I will look into it.

Get an answer from our members and Pickles Auctions representatives