Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Mount RF442 Series

4.2

• Internal Layout
KTL
KTLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor customer service, poor energy efficiency

Purchased in January 2021 at Bing Lee Online store for $1,599.00.

onetrack
onetrackPerth, WA

Very good fridge, quiet, and effective design

Purchased in November 2020 at Fridge & Washer City Morley for $1,395.00.

Annie
Annie

Bought this brand as our last fridge lasted 20 years. Our new Fisher Paykel is beautiful to look at and very functional on the inside. It is also very quiet with very little operational noise

Purchased in March 2020.

Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Mount RF442 Series compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Pam
PamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I am impressed. I had read reviews that said this fridge was noisy. No so. It is very quiet. I love everything about it. The lay out, roll out drawers, shelving and bright light. Hope it last 20 years like my previous fridge.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,250.00.

Household Size2 person(s)
Kat1968
Kat1968Perth, WA

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,350.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
James
JamesSydney, NSW

Bought this fridge as my apartment has a nook and door which seems to have been designed only for this fridge. Plus I read all these great reviews online.
Immediately upon arrival I noticed a strange rattle noise when cooling. Have had multiple visits from F&P to be told this is the natural noise made by the new hard gas systems. Rattles for a couple of hours at a time, definitely not good in area with hard surfaces to bounce sound off.
Technician quoted me “you’re not the first to complain and you won’t be the last. You should speak to your retailer about exchanging for a different manufacture”.

Purchased in February 2019.

Noise Level
Nicole
NicoleBrisbane

I got this fridge just before Christmas and I couldn't be happier with it. It is very quiet. Just the right size for the space with plenty of room inside for parties. Every time I open the door and look inside I fall in love with it again. The layout is so clean and orderly I can see everything easily. The vegetable trays are at waist height and so easy to use. We went away for a week and when we got back the fruit and vegetables were just as fresh and good as when we left. No hint of freezing products in the fridge area. The freezer is great too and very good layout which will even allow me to store an ice-cream cake.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Ghi Vee
Ghi VeeMelbourne

Great fridge that fitted right in with our apartment!

This fridge was recommended to us when we moved in to a new flat as it was left hand side open and it fitted in with the kitchen door and the specific requirements. I like the freezer being at the bottom of the fridge as it is easier to access the fridge itself and the doors easily open and close. The freezer has practical compartments as well as the fridge with a spacious design as well. Very happy with the purchase indeed!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Mazza
MazzaMelbourne

Wonderful design,and extremely quiet.

I am very happy with my Fisher and Paykel fridge, but I find the only small drawback is that the door will not stay open when putting food away, and keeps closing, which can be annoying.I like the design, and the food is kept nice and cold, and it is very quiet during operation.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Nick
NickSydney

Decent features at a reasonable price

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Dijoca
DijocaVictoria

Fisher Paykel Fridge with ice maker

Great refrigerator. Works well and keeps balanced temperature in all compartments. It makes a slight noise when it's running but nothing unacceptable. Been using it for 24 months now. The ice maker is great and chilled water wonderful without loosing the shelves in the door.
only complaint is filter needs changing ever 6 months.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
IronMaiden
IronMaidenBowral

This is my second F&P fridge in this design, the other is the 519L model, I purchased this one for my holiday home after being unable to fault the 519L model. I really enjoy the internal design and layout of shelves, large capacity door storage and pullout freezer baskets.
Keeps good temperature control on hot days, no evidence of fridge freezing, is very silent and reasonable energy consumption.
Unboxing and installation was a breeze, instruction on packing and it rolled easily into its cavity.
I found the SS surface of the 519L very easy to maintain, this one is the same, a simple wipe over with a damp cloth no need for special SS cleaning sprays.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Venkata Vidya
Venkata VidyaSydney

Works well but slightly noisy.

Good refrigerator. Works well and keeps to required temperature in all compartments. It makes a slight noise when it's trying to cool things inside but very quiet when the cycle is complete. Been using it for 8 months now. The only complaint I have with fisher and paykel is their customer service. They charge 150$ just too send too her technician out.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
jd4free
jd4freeSydney

Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Freezer

Overall really happy with this purchase, well designed unlike the last WRID Westinghouse rubbish I bought online. which had limited shelving options / slots and only lasted 4 years after 2 repairs and a new controller
This one is perfect and runs very well, just notice some noise when open but apart from that small issue nothing major and a good buy from the Good guys

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Emma B
Emma BSydney, NSW

This fridge is perfect for us. It’s 442L so there’s a lot of space and the shelves are very strong so won’t crack like some of the cheaper fridges you can get. I love that the freezer is at the bottom instead of the top as it’s more useful to have the more frequently used fridge at eye level. It’s also one of the few fridges I could find that has the option of opening to the left.
Bought about ten months ago, no issues with temperature, drawers are removable so easy to clean, nice and quiet, perfect!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

awiklendt
awiklendtasked
ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Mount RF442 Series

The crisper drawers in the fridge compartment only slide out 1/3 of the way. Can't get larger vegetables (lettuce, eggplant, pumpkin, punnets, mushroom trays) through the small gap and cannot remove the crisper bins to clean. How can we get the sliders to go all the way out? I read a troubleshooting guide on FP website (see link below) that basically says to use brute force - but I don't want to damage our brand new (delivered 10th Oct 2020) super awesome fridge!

breeze
breezeasked
ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Mount RF442 Series

Fisher & Paykel 442L Bottom Mount Fridge RF442BRPW6
Does it have a power failure memory function?
We live off the grid and sometimes run a generator which automatically switches the power off and back on.
Great if the settings are stored in memory as it would be a pain to reset them every time we run the generator.

froffytop
froffytopasked
ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Mount RF442BRPX6 (Stainless Steel, Right Flat Door)

Thinking of purchasing this fridge, but have read some reviews saying it's quite noisey.
Any opinions?

See all Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Mount RF442 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Mount RF442 Series

Compare all 4 Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Mount RF442 Series
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,699.00$1,849.00$1,699.00$1,849.00
Dimensions 1720 x 680 x 695 mm1720 x 680 x 695 mm1720 x 680 x 695 mm1720 x 680 x 695 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)
Household Size 3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves4444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins2222
Door Hinge LeftLeftRightRight
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteEZKleen Stainless SteelWhiteEZKlean Stainless Steel