8Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Mount RF442 Series

4.1

Stephen
Stephen

Disaster - don't buy

We bought this fridge freezer in the UK and had it shipped to Spain. Within 1 year the cooling broke down and F&P refused to honour their 5 year warranty as we had moved country. A €500 repair later the fridge was working... for 2 months then it broke down again with the same fault. No cover from F&P or the local authorised repairer. Never again. Show details
Christopher
ChristopherPerth, WA
  RF442BRPW6
Jo D.
Jo D.2 posts
  RF442BRPX6

Not the best buy for the price

This fridge looks the goods, aesthetically pleasing, sturdy shelves, good lay out however very poor temperature control. I actually purchased a fridge thermometer to monitor as I was concerned something wasnt right, fruit and veg wilt quickly and I was proven correct there is gross temperature fluctuationswhich would not assist with food preservation, This is supposedly a new model and I consider it was expensive for the size of fridge. This fridge was the best fit for existing recess. Show details
Faith C.
Faith C.5 posts
Sally
SallyMelbourne48 posts
  Verified RF442BLPX6

Second one that won’t stop beeping!

This is the 3rd fridge of this make and model delivered by Appliances Online. The first one had a big dent in the side panel after unboxing. Second one beeped randomly day and night every 1-15 minutes. Third one delivered today and guess what? It beeps randomly as well! The doors are closed and temperatures set mid range, the manual doesn’t cover this! Don’t know whether this is a bad batch or not? F&P servicemen to come out soon- if he can’t fix it a refund will be requested.
Otherwise it’s extremely quiet- maybe that is the issue? Fan not working? I hope I get some sleep in the meantime!
KTL
KTLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts
  Verified RF442BRPX6
onetrack
onetrackPerth, WA69 posts
Annie
Annie7 posts

Perfect fridge

Bought this brand as our last fridge lasted 20 years. Our new Fisher Paykel is beautiful to look at and very functional on the inside. It is also very quiet with very little operational noise Show details
Pam
PamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC6 posts
  RF442BRPX6

Very impressed

I am impressed. I had read reviews that said this fridge was noisy. No so. It is very quiet. I love everything about it. The lay out, roll out drawers, shelving and bright light. Hope it last 20 years like my previous fridge. Show details
Kat1968
Kat1968Perth, WA24 posts
James
JamesSydney, NSW2 posts
  RF442BLPW6

Would never buy again

Bought this fridge as my apartment has a nook and door which seems to have been designed only for this fridge. Plus I read all these great reviews online.
Immediately upon arrival I noticed a strange rattle noise when cooling. Have had multiple visits from F&P to be told this is the natural noise made by the new hard gas systems. Rattles for a couple of hours at a time, definitely not good in area with hard surfaces to bounce sound off.
Technician quoted me “you’re not the first to complain and you won’t be the last. You should speak to your retailer about exchanging for a different manufacture”. Show details
Nicole
NicoleBrisbane6 posts
  RF442BLPX6

Love it, Love it, Love it

I got this fridge just before Christmas and I couldn't be happier with it. It is very quiet. Just the right size for the space with plenty of room inside for parties. Every time I open the door and look inside I fall in love with it again. The layout is so clean and orderly I can see everything easily. The vegetable trays are at waist height and so easy to use. We went away for a week and when we got back the fruit and vegetables were just as fresh and good as when we left. No hint of freezing products in the fridge area. The freezer is great too and very good layout which will even allow me to store an ice-cream cake.

Ghi Vee
Ghi VeeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts
  Verified RF442BLPX6

Great fridge that fitted right in with our apartment!

This fridge was recommended to us when we moved in to a new flat as it was left hand side open and it fitted in with the kitchen door and the specific requirements. I like the freezer being at the bottom of the fridge as it is easier to access the fridge itself and the doors easily open and close. The freezer has practical compartments as well as the fridge with a spacious design as well. Very happy with the purchase indeed!

Mazza
MazzaMelbourne5 posts
  RF442BLPW6

Wonderful design,and extremely quiet

I am very happy with my Fisher and Paykel fridge, but I find the only small drawback is that the door will not stay open when putting food away, and keeps closing, which can be annoying.I like the design, and the food is kept nice and cold, and it is very quiet during operation.

Nick
NickSydney5 posts

Eddie L.
Eddie L. · ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Mount RF442BRPW6 (White, Right Flat Door)

What is the energy efficiency rating of Fisher & Paykel 413L Bottom Mount Refrigerator RF442BRPW6

awiklendt
awiklendt · ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Mount RF442 Series

The crisper drawers in the fridge compartment only slide out 1/3 of the way. Can't get larger vegetables (lettuce, eggplant, pumpkin, punnets, mushroom trays) through the small gap and cannot remove the crisper bins to clean. How can we get the sliders to go all the way out? I read a troubleshooting guide on FP website (see link below) that basically says to use brute force - but I don't want to damage our brand new (delivered 10th Oct 2020) super awesome fridge!

breeze
breeze · ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Mount RF442 Series

Fisher & Paykel 442L Bottom Mount Fridge RF442BRPW6
Does it have a power failure memory function?
We live off the grid and sometimes run a generator which automatically switches the power off and back on.
Great if the settings are stored in memory as it would be a pain to reset them every time we run the generator.

Compare all Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Mount RF442 Series listings
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,849$1,699$1,849$1,699
Dimensions 1720 x 680 x 695 mm1720 x 680 x 695 mm1720 x 680 x 695 mm1720 x 680 x 695 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)
Household Size 3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves4444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins2222
Door Hinge LeftRightRightLeft
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishEZKleen Stainless SteelWhiteEZKlean Stainless SteelWhite