Fisher & Paykel 60cm Gas on Steel CG604DX1

Fisher & Paykel 60cm Gas on Steel CG604DX1

MPN: CG604DX1
3.0 from 1 review · View Statistics
See the Best Gas Cooktops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

3.0
1 review
David
DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Looks Great But Its Just a Gas Stove in the End

Purchased in November 2020 at Appliances Online.

Hocko
Hockoasked

This is the black Model CG604DNGGB4.
I have just had this model installed and have used it a few times. I have an issue with the Wok burner. The USER guide says "When using the dual wok burner, you can choose to USE THE INNER BURNER ONLY or both the inner and outer burners as desired."
I bought this model expecting this but found that it does not operate like this at all. When setting the inner ring both the inner and outer ring remain alight. Admittedly the level goes down but they are still both alight. This is very disappointing.
I contacted F&P but they would not answer the question as to whether or not this was correct - that the WOK burner does not do what the manual says. Their only response was to pass me on to a third party service company who also would not answer the question and would only send a service technician out at my cost if they did not find anything wrong. My neighbour has a new Bosch hob that works like I would expect - on low only the centre burner - on high both.
Has anyone had a better response from F&P. Why can't they answer a simple question? Not happy, having spent $1,400 on what I thought would be something that would work as stated in their user guide.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives