Fisher & Paykel DW60FC Series

Fisher & Paykel DW60FC Series

C1 DW60FC1W1, C2 DW60FC2W1, C2 DW60FC2X1, C4 DW60FC4W1, C4 DW60FC4X1 and 2 more

6 Months So Far So Good

Have previously owned more expensive dishwashers and ended up disappointed on the life span of such exspensive brands decided to try a cheaper more basic machine and so far have been impressed with its capabilities of washing the dishes. I do not pre rinse my dishes they come out clean and dry every time on the 90 minute cycle. I am also empressed with the quietness of the machine as having a shift worker in the house that is important. My only dissapointment is the interior racking feels very flimsy and the basket to hold the cutlery is very small and I have trouble fitting my cutlery in it.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $700.00.

Got a lemon.

I’ve had bought the dishwasher for 1 year, and had to call the service in 3x to fix the problem, E52 and F30 errors. Last few technicians couldn’t figure out what’s wrong with it, we just let it air for a few days and it started to work again. The last technician suggested that it could be a factory error, and suggested that I asked for a new machine, if it happens again. And guess what, it happen again, and NO NEW MACHINE. I have to wait for a service person to come, and it’s not for another full week. I am will without a dishwasher for at least a full week! And god knows what will happen when technician comes.

I have a young family, dishwasher is fundamental to my day to day. I thought when we bought a Fisher and Paykel, we were buying into quality, reliable and trustworthy brand. I am frustrated beyond believe. Just take my lemon away and give me a working dishwasher.

Purchased in August 2018 at Stan Cash for $700.00.

Not happy with product

The dispenser doesn't open all the time, or if it does the tablet doesn't come out. (tried two brands). The top shelf for cutlery hardly washing everything. I'm in the process of waiting for the seller to get back to me as I have only had this appliance since June. Not happy.

Purchased in June 2019.

Great in a couple of ways, but could be better

After spending about 2 hours in the shop looking up reviews on all the different dishwashers, I chose this one. I felt I had made an inform decision. However, there is one small, silly, but incredibly ANNOYING thing about it. The powder dispenser is located too low which means you have to be really careful not to put anything over a certain height in front of it. I have never had this problem with other ones. other than that, washes well, quite qiet, although sometimes it does groan a bit. fixtures can be a little flimsy and tend to bend easily. however, was options are great. gets thing clean. it's ok. Can't remember when I bought or exactly how much I paid.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for $800.00.

Internal Layout

Poorly designed not recommended for family.

Poorly designed machine.
- detergent flap won’t open if plates are placed in front of dispenser. Even though there is a plate rack in this position
- standard plates don’t fit with upper draw in normal position
- Upper draw has to be raised to higher position otherwise washing arm will hit plates
- standard bowls and glasses won’t fit in top drawer when in higher position.
- wine glasses have to be placed in lower draw as they don’t fit in top drawer. Only room for 4 glasses
- cutlery drawer doesn’t fit large knives or tongs.

I invite any Fisher & Paykel rep to stack my dishwasher after dinner one night. It’s like playing Tetris but way more frustrating

Purchased in October 2018 at Betta Home Living for $800.00.

Good Family Dishwasher

This is an easy to use machine that works well. We did initially have trouble fitting the larger plates in - the top arm would hit them and we were not happy about this, but we since learned there are two levels in which the top tray can sit and it comes out of the factory at the lower level. Once we read the instructions on how to adjust it (which was simple) we moved it up and we can now fit quite long/large items in without an issue. The eco wash runs for a very long time, so we don't tend to run it on that setting. If it ran for less time, we would use it all the time. Overall though, it is an easy to use machine and all of the dishes always come out sparkling clean.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Don’t buy F PAYKEL

Like the short cycles but don’t like the interior design with regard to detergent dispenser / half way down door and opens out so is impeded by plates if stacked next to door / so number of items in bottom tray will be restricted / just another faulty good from Harvey Norman - dishonest sales pitch

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Quiet and Cleans well, but doesn’t dry!!!

Bought this a few weeks ago. Easy to use controls, very quiet and cleans well. Very unhappy about the drying cycle and wish I’d read other reviews highlighting this problem before purchase. Particularly, it leaves cutlery and the upper rack very wet resulting in water marks. Even running it longer using the extra dry optional setting doesn’t make much difference. A real let-down as the 11 yr old LG that it replaced dried much better!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Cannot find anything to complain about

We use a lot of dishes for our big family and load the dishwasher twice a day. We were looking for something that has a shorter cycle, my previous smeg used to wash for 120 min. This dishwasher is a godsend with its fast cycle of only 35 min. The quality of the wash is also great and I learned for the first time how to correctly use rinse aid just by reading the manual that I came with. The dishwasher is relatively quiet, it is not completely silent but I do not see it as a disadvantage. So far we cannot complain about anything and had only pleasant experiences with this dishwasher, love this machine.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Only lasted 2.5 years

Our dishwasher was a housewarming gift. While it lasted, it cleaned dishes well and was very quiet.

Occasionally I found that the powder would not dissolve and agree with other comments about the top drawer being difficult to pack.

However after 2.5 years and just out of the warranty period, the motor suddenly gave up. We paid the 149 dollar call out fee and unfortunately it couldn’t be fixed. In a nutshell, save yourself the call out fee and buy a new dishwasher. Or perhaps try a different brand.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

A great workhorse, reliable and efficient

I am so happy with the dishwasher that I decided to write a review about it. It is a great workhorse, reliable and efficient, has multiple cycles depending on your needs and what impresses me the most the eco fast cycle is only 40 minutes. Is save me electricity every day and I love it, so stylish and easy to clean with its stainless steel design and would recommend it.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Smart and stylish

This dishwasher is really what I expected a dishwasher would do, I can have all b=my dishes washed in under 40 minutes on an eco cycle, which is a breeze as my previous machine would not wash anything for under 2hours, really recommend, it is a great piece and save me times and energy in the kitchen.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

very average dishwashers

Our first dishwasher in this range lasted a few months and the board blew, took 3 weeks for FP to replace, the new dishwasher performed well for about 3 years, however the front so called stainless steel corroded and looked an eye sore.
After 3 years board blown again, however on a good note the quick 20 minute setting worked great.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Absolutely hate it.

After 21 years of owning an Asko dishwasher ( which eventually died) we decided to buy middle of the line as we are downsizing, so purchased a F & P. Very bad decision, it is quiet and it dries dishes, but I continually need to rewash even though I make sure dishes are scraped prior to loading, The tray that fits on the top, seems a good idea, but I don't use it, again, utensils don't wash properly.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Poor design F and P

It cleans really well, however the cutlery tray is always wet, even after the extra dry setting is on. Had the Tech around and he didn't offer any solution. Poor design F and P, very disappointing and wont buy dishwashers from them again. Also has very loud noises when in the rinse cycle, not what you expect from a brand new top of the line product. Wouldn't recommend.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Good choice

I am very happy with this dishwasher, it is energy efficient and water efficient as well. really easy to use, the cycle options are great quick cycle option is awesome. gets baked on food off really easy and keeps your dishes really shiny. Saves my lot of time from busy schedule.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Steer Clear of this Dishwasher!!!!

Really disappointed in this machine.
- Almost every wash leaves dirty plates at the end
- Some washes don't even dissolve the dish washing tablet
- Always leaves any plastic/Tupperware and cutlery sopping wet, even on the extra dry setting
- Doesn't hold as much as our previous 10 year old machine that we had to replace. Meaning we are doing twice as many washes.
- The machine itself is reasonably quiet however it doesn't contain light weight items very well meaning they bounce around and rattle in a wash making it noisy
Steer Clear of this Dishwasher!!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Absolutely terrible dishwasher

My husband came home with this dishwasher when our previous one stopped washing after 10 years. I am beyond disappointed in this one, it is horrendous.
The first issue is the interior design. Our ordinary sized plates (which fit with no issue in 3 previous dishwashers) do not fit in the bottom drawer unless the top drawer is in the raised position. If the top drawer is raised then we cannot even fit normal coffee mugs in without them hitting the cutlery drawer. The whole design appears overly flash when you look at it, there’s moving adjustable parts everywhere and it seems very customisable. But functionality wise it is abysmal and I cannot fit nearly as much in as I could our previous ones.
The next issue is the cutlery drawer. I’ve never had a cutlery drawer before and I HATE it. It takes forever to pack and unpack, it often doesn’t clean cutlery properly and it NEVER dries them.
And the drying function on this dishwasher is extremely poor. Half the time the fishes in the two drawers are not dry (the cutlery NEVER is), even though we have the extra dry feature permanently set. If I open it mid cycle it is not even hot. The instruction book says to open the door 10cm as soon as it finishes to aid drying (who the hell is ever waiting around for 90minutes just for a cycle to finish to open the door???) but I can’t even do that because the door closes itself unless it’s fully open- in which case it’s a tripping hazard.

I rang customer service, was on hold for over 20 minutes waiting for someone to answer and they were completely useless- they were reading the manual on the go (which I had already done) and had no idea about it at all. They told me to check the internet, and here I am.

Extremely disappointed in this dishwasher, it does NOT do the job we bought it for.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

My Great Dishwasher

The dishes I normally use the fast wash it takes 30 minutes and comes out very clean.
Having been very ill and on Dialyisis three nights a week the last thing I felt like doing when I get home and cook my dinner is to wash dishes. I have it mounted above my washing machine as it is too big for the kitchen and is much easier for me to reach.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

GREAT

I am very happy with this dishwasher, it is energy efficient and water efficient as well. really easy to use, the cycle options are great! i don't always have a lot of dishes so a quick cycle option is awesome. gets baked on food off really easy and keeps your dishes really shiny

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Less than 2 years old heat pump faulty has any one else experienced this problem

I have just bought a house with this dishwasher in the kitchen. Can the top tray be raised? I can’t put bigger plates in as the top rotating arm keeps knocking them. It isn’t clear from the operating manual how to do this. Can you help please?
Hi Connie, We had the exact same problem when we first purchased it & we were ready to return it, but we since found out, yes, you can adjust the height. It is not easy to find in the instructions, but they are on the "Quick Start Guide" in the download section of the Fisher & Paykel website for that machine type. I will try to post the link here if it allows me. The instructions are on the last page under "Adjusting the height of the upper basket" paragraph. https://www.fisherpaykel.com/download/General%20Files/Kitchen/Clean/Dishwasher/591225B-nz-au-dishwashers-DW60FC1-Quickstart.pdf Let me know if you can see/open this link, otherwise I will try to get it to you some other way.Yes, I was able to see it. Thank you so much!Fantastic! Pleasure to help :-)

What is the difference between the DW60FC4 x1 and the DW60FC 2 x1 ???

Fisher & Paykel C2 DW60FC2X1Fisher & Paykel C2 DW60FC2W1Fisher & Paykel C4 DW60FC4W1Fisher & Paykel C4 DW60FC4X1Fisher & Paykel C6 DW60FC6X1Fisher & Paykel C6 DW60FC6W1Fisher & Paykel C1 DW60FC1W1
CategoryFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $899$849$899$949$949$799
FeaturesChild Lock, Eco Mode/Wash, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Eco Mode/Wash, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining Display
Water Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)5.5 star(s)5.5 star(s)5 star(s)
Water Consumption11.4 L/wash11.4 L/wash11.9 L/wash11.9 L/wash11.1 L/wash11.1 L/wash11.5 L/wash
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Energy Consumption286 kWh per year286 kWh per year280 kWh per year280 kWh per year246 kWh per year246 kWh per year271 kWh per year
Control Panel Position FrontFrontFrontFrontFrontFrontFront
Maximum Noise Level47 db47 db47 db47 db43 db43 db47 db
Number of Programs666610106
Number of Place Settings 15151515151514
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelWhiteWhiteStainless SteelStainless SteelWhiteStainless Steel
Dimensions 820-870 x 597 x 610 mm820-870 x 597 x 610 mm820-870 x 597 x 610 mm820-870 x 597 x 610 mm820-870 x 597 x 600 mm820-870 x 597 x 610 mm820-870 x 597 x 600 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)

Download manual