Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Front Loader

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Front Loader

WH8060F1 (8kg) and WH8560F1 (8.5kg)

Loads of wash programs, fast and cleans very well

Our fisher paykel cloths washer has loads of different washing programs, from cotton to delicate to fast wash. We found just the simple fast wash gets the job done very well. Te soap draw has gotten stuck a few times but we just had to clean it out a bit. Dirty cloths go in clean come out! Very happy with our cloths washer

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Unfortunately a waste of money ☹️

I purchased this washer in June 2018.
The washer looks good and is easy to use.
However after the first couple of times of using it the machine started to make loud groaning sounds at various times during the cycle and it became more frequent. I called fisher paykel and they put me in touch with a technician who came to inspect the appliance-I was advised that the machine had a mechanical and electrical fault! The machine never washed to its promised water efficiency level but this is likely because of the faults.
fisher and paykel ordered a replacement machine without confirming with me whether I wanted a refund or replacement. They denied me a refund even though their website said that customers with appliances having major faults are entitled to a refund under law. I then went to where I purchased the washer who provided me with a refund.
After being lied to and treated with disrespect From the manufacturer i will never purchase a fisher and paykel washer again.
dont waste your money on this machine. You can get a better machine that is cheaper and still achieves water efficiency.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Faulty design - poor electronics

Lasted me about 6 months without an issue, had multiple problems with the inlet hose not letting in water and it's unusable. Sometimes it just starts beeping with error codes and despite only using liquid I'm not getting a full wash done and I have to restart it.

After the warranty runs out I'm gonna have to get a new one cause they wanted to charge me $450 for a new control panel!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great family cloths washer

This has been a great buy from the start as our Fisher & paykel fabric smart has done well over one thousand washes and still gets the job done very nicely. Very little washing liquid is required and the settings on the main screen are very strength forward and easy to use

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Very happy

Really happy with this machine. Appreciate the energy rating. Love front loaders in any case, Always use liquid not powder. I like that this machine uses less water. It is not noisy. Love all the options this smarter machine offers. Have found it a consistently reliable machine. this is not my first Fisher and Paykel purchase, I have found the F and P products I have purchased to be reliable and when I did need support with the former front loader F & P were very helpful.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Yes yes yes

We purchased this as a duo with our dryer. They look sooooooo good in our laundry. Energy rating is pretty good. Its very simple to use. Hubby can use it too! The washing comes out so clean and not very crinkly. ai would deffinately recommend this product to young and old.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Loads and loads of different modes!

We bought this because it has so many many options for different types of washing styles. It also has done a great job since we got it and had to go the next size up from the base model as we had a lot of cloths to wash but the larger model fits it all

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Love our smart cloths washer

Love how you can download different modes options and has already packed full of different functions! Cleans cloths very well and can't believe the bad reviews here as we have had no issues with ours for the past 2 years. The only issues we had was its feet was hard to adjust

Date PurchasedOct 2016

My favourite washing machine to date

I'm absolutely wrapped with this ripper of a machine! Bought it on sale EOFY from Appliances Online at 40% off with free delivery, installation and removal of my crappy old one. I love the wide variety of cycle options and the super quick 15 min cycle is brilliant. Internal LED light is great and it is very stable when spinning and nice and quiet too. The clothes came out much drier than I’m used to and the clean is amazing.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great Machine....also good value... Love it so far.

Cleans well. Very quiet. Sensible price. Love the soak option (model with soak only available at Jb Hifi) Love that you can add soak or prewash to any cycle. Had an issue with high pitched noise while filling with cold water. Jb Hifi organized a technician to come and look at it. Technician replaced filter on cold water inlet pipe. Problem solved. Can have an issue with super long cycle times on large light items e.g. mattress protectors because it has trouble balancing the load. I put these on at night so that long time is not an issue.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Satisfactory washer

Easy to install with two people required as quite heavy. Clothes are clean and dry at end of cycle, though not quite as dry as my old Asko washer. Plenty of options (maybe too many) on differing washing cycles. But my only gripe is that their designers stuffed up their programming if you only have a cold water connection for the machine. The machine can and does heat its own water which is standard practice nowadays. But every time you pick a warm wash the program thinks you have a hot water connection and will wait for about 3 minutes thinking hot water is entering when its not. i suppose 3 minutes is not too long for every wash for the life of the machine for some people, it does annoy me though. They could have easily allowed the user to program no hot water connection with a few more lines of firmware, or at least provide a linking hot and cold hose arrangement. i might even pay for a dual hose link but they don't have only available, I'll have to make my own. Maybe i could patent the idea and sell it to F & P. Copyright.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great improvement from 5 year old machine

The previous machine would leave large amounts of lint on the clothes and began to leak so it was time to get a replacement. Can't fault the machine and has many cycles along with clothes being dryer than the previous model so they are able to be brought in from the line faster.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Not too bad

Bought this when it was on sale. Good for the price. Better than my old fisher and paykel only because it is bigger (8.5kg). Initially having loud rattle problems. Had a service man came out and found out loose suspensions bolts. All removed and problems fixed. But somehow it is still loud and rattle. Overall it is functional and smart.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Dream Machine

Previously had a Maytag top loader which was so rough it put holes in my clothes on the everyday cycle!!! Bit the bullet and bought this F&P front loader. After using it, I wished I had purchased it sooner. I cannot fault it. Clothes come out cleaner, multiple cycles to choose from and the add a garment, wrinkle free and soaking features are a big plus. Easy to use and quiet to run. You will not be disappointed and may become addicted to washing like I now am!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

I love this washing machine. Like really love this washing machine

Bought this as an upgrade from a little Bosch front loader. The other machine washed well but I was constantly battling mould in the rubber seal. So when the time came for a bigger machine I diligently did my research and came up with this machine at the top of my list.

It had a great range of cycles, but I tend to use the everyday cycle mostly and everything comes out clean. I love the clean cycle which I try to run every month or two. Nice and quiet, even at 1000rpm. Very very very happy all round. And, no mould! So I'm happy.

Purchased from appliances online, very happy with their service.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

No problems so far

This washing machine heats it's own water and like other front loaders doesn't use very much water. We have no mains water and are using tank water and it works well. It has a short was which takes just over 30min but the standard wash which is supposed to take 2.5 hours actually takes about 2hr 45min which is a very long time. It works well and keeps the dog amused watching it swish around.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Loud rattle

I just bought this today and one the first run it has an incredible rattle. When it was empty I rolled the drum around a bit and it sounds like there is something ticking over on the left behind the drum. Am guessing this is not normal. I have double checked there are no transit bolts in the back.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
UPDATE: Fisher and Paykel came out today, was a loose suspension bolt. Fixed no probs. Seems like a great machine so far, service man was great, gave advice which will probably save us money in the long term....wish I could update my star rating :)

Excellent Machine, Can't Go Wrong

I purchased this machine last year on specials from Jbhifi for $790 and claimed $100 in F&P Cashback offer, so it costed me $690. (and a matching Dryer DE6060G1)
Now for an Premium Brand like Fisher & Paykel a front loader 8.5Kgs for $690 was a steal to start with.

Pros:
~Q-U-I-E-T very QUIET
~LED light inside is quite helpful at times
~Different wash modes respond well
~Ability to add a garment in between the cycle

Cons:
Can't think of any

Date PurchasedOct 2016

This was an excellent purchase

Our clothes have never been cleaner! The cycle is quick, quiet and gentle on clothes. We will now purchase the matching heat pump condensing dryer for our new apartment, along with F&P kitchen appliances. We purchased the washing machine directly from F&P, they promptly delivered it, installed it and removed the old Bosch which we were glad to see the back of!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Functional, efficient and Smart

We purchased this washer as a mate for the F&P DH8060P Heat Pump Dryer. They replaced an 8 year old Samsung Washer/Dryer that had become uneconomic to repair. Both were purchased from Appliances Online and delivered with the F&P stacking kit. The washer is very quiet and simple to use. The clothes quickly come out fully clean and ready for drying. Vibration is minimal. There are a good range of washing functions to suit different items. This includes a super quick cycle that will wash minimally soiled items in 15 minutes. In addition it has the time saver function that works across other wash cycles to intelligently reduce wash times. We are hoping for a long service life for this machine which has minimum moving parts because of the direct drive motor.
All in all we are very pleased with this washer although it's early days yet... we've only had it 1 week

Date PurchasedApr 2017

When switching the power button on, the Go/Pause light flashes white, the keylock sign flashes red, the timer shows 2.22 hours to go, & the large mode selection knob turns but does not activate anything. Any suggestions?
Sorry I don't have an answer but if the appliance is within warranty I would definitely call fisher and paykel and alert them to the issue- the machine might be faulty.

How to correct SE?
What is SE?

Is it better to use liquid washing detergent or can you use either powder or liquid with the front loader washer? Does it have to be specific front loader detergent? I have just purchased the front loader and still have 1/2 packet of top loader powder from use in my old top loader machine?
I use mostly powder in mine and have never had a problem (there was a choice report a few years ago that said that powder actually gives better results, and it tends to be better value). But you do need to make sure you use special front loader powder - it will say it on the packet, some are for both top and front loaders, as I think top loader powder sometimes suds more which isn’t good for the machine.I use liquid. This machine has a removable dispenser for liquid which is where you put powder (once the dispenser is removed). Top loading detergent has too many bubbles and will stop your clothes from washing properly.

FabricSmart WH8060F1 (8kg)FabricSmart WH8560F1 (8.5kg)
Price (RRP) $1,019.00$1,399.00
Capacity8 kg8.5 kg
FeaturesAuto BalancingAuto Balancing
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Water Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)
Household Size 3-4 people3-4 people
Colour / Finish WhiteWhite
Dimensions 850 x 600 x 645 mm850 x 600 x 645 mm
Motor TypeDirect DriveDirect Drive
Max Spin Speed 1,400 rpm1,400 rpm
Maximum Noise Level58 db58 db
Number of Wash Cycles1313
Country of ManufactureChinaChina
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual