Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Front Loader

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Front Loader

WH8560F1 (8.5kg), WH8060F1 (8kg)

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.2

KateWestern District, VIC

A perfect upgrade.

Purchased in August 2018 at Betta Home Living for A$950.00.

Happymum

Never knew what I was missing!

Purchased in April 2019.

LindaSydney, NSW

Great washing machine, better than my old Bosch

We decided to upgrade an old Bosch machine and in final stages of selection we were comparing Bosch, AEG and Fisher Paykel. It finally came down to the wash times and some changes Bosch had made to their machines for wash time. I am sure i am not alone in Australia with wanting a wash time under 1 hour, and with this machine the cotton cycle we get a 59 minute wash time on 30degree water. The machine is fully customisable and you can change the pre-settings to your liking so when selected it comes up with your preferences, not the original pre-programmed options. Clothes wash well, no issues to date.

Purchased in June 2018 at Winning Appliances for A$920.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Front Loader compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Ozara

OzaraSurat

Loads of wash programs, fast and cleans very well

Our fisher paykel cloths washer has loads of different washing programs, from cotton to delicate to fast wash. We found just the simple fast wash gets the job done very well. Te soap draw has gotten stuck a few times but we just had to clean it out a bit. Dirty cloths go in clean come out! Very happy with our cloths washer

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Dee

DeeSouthern highlands nsw

Unfortunately a waste of money ☹️

Date PurchasedJun 2018
GlenMaccas

GlenMaccasSouth Australia

Faulty design - poor electronics

Lasted me about 6 months without an issue, had multiple problems with the inlet hose not letting in water and it's unusable. Sometimes it just starts beeping with error codes and despite only using liquid I'm not getting a full wash done and I have to restart it.

After the warranty runs out I'm gonna have to get a new one cause they wanted to charge me $450 for a new control panel!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Johnnycake

JohnnycakeBunbury

Great family cloths washer

This has been a great buy from the start as our Fisher & paykel fabric smart has done well over one thousand washes and still gets the job done very nicely. Very little washing liquid is required and the settings on the main screen are very strength forward and easy to use

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Consumer 2

Consumer 2adelaide

Very happy

Really happy with this machine. Appreciate the energy rating. Love front loaders in any case, Always use liquid not powder. I like that this machine uses less water. It is not noisy. Love all the options this smarter machine offers. Have found it a consistently reliable machine. this is not my first Fisher and Paykel purchase, I have found the F and P products I have purchased to be reliable and when I did need support with the former front loader F & P were very helpful.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Bee

BeeBatehaven

Yes yes yes

We purchased this as a duo with our dryer. They look sooooooo good in our laundry. Energy rating is pretty good. Its very simple to use. Hubby can use it too! The washing comes out so clean and not very crinkly. ai would deffinately recommend this product to young and old.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Pettie

PettieVictoria

Loads and loads of different modes!

We bought this because it has so many many options for different types of washing styles. It also has done a great job since we got it and had to go the next size up from the base model as we had a lot of cloths to wash but the larger model fits it all

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Allie Nix

Allie NixSmithfield

Love our smart cloths washer

Love how you can download different modes options and has already packed full of different functions! Cleans cloths very well and can't believe the bad reviews here as we have had no issues with ours for the past 2 years. The only issues we had was its feet was hard to adjust

Date PurchasedOct 2016
The Rhazz

The RhazzVictor Harbor, South Australia

My favourite washing machine to date

I'm absolutely wrapped with this ripper of a machine! Bought it on sale EOFY from Appliances Online at 40% off with free delivery, installation and removal of my crappy old one. I love the wide variety of cycle options and the super quick 15 min cycle is brilliant. Internal LED light is great and it is very stable when spinning and nice and quiet too. The clothes came out much drier than I’m used to and the clean is amazing.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Philippa

PhilippaBrisbane

Great Machine....also good value... Love it so far.

Cleans well. Very quiet. Sensible price. Love the soak option (model with soak only available at Jb Hifi) Love that you can add soak or prewash to any cycle. Had an issue with high pitched noise while filling with cold water. Jb Hifi organized a technician to come and look at it. Technician replaced filter on cold water inlet pipe. Problem solved. Can have an issue with super long cycle times on large light items e.g. mattress protectors because it has trouble balancing the load. I put these on at night so that long time is not an issue.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Satisfactory washer

Date PurchasedMar 2018
San Holo

San HoloQld, 4655

Great improvement from 5 year old machine

The previous machine would leave large amounts of lint on the clothes and began to leak so it was time to get a replacement. Can't fault the machine and has many cycles along with clothes being dryer than the previous model so they are able to be brought in from the line faster.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Kgan

Kgan

Not too bad

Bought this when it was on sale. Good for the price. Better than my old fisher and paykel only because it is bigger (8.5kg). Initially having loud rattle problems. Had a service man came out and found out loose suspensions bolts. All removed and problems fixed. But somehow it is still loud and rattle. Overall it is functional and smart.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Jules

JulesBossley Park

Dream Machine

Previously had a Maytag top loader which was so rough it put holes in my clothes on the everyday cycle!!! Bit the bullet and bought this F&P front loader. After using it, I wished I had purchased it sooner. I cannot fault it. Clothes come out cleaner, multiple cycles to choose from and the add a garment, wrinkle free and soaking features are a big plus. Easy to use and quiet to run. You will not be disappointed and may become addicted to washing like I now am!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Lauren

LaurenDarling Downs, QLD

I love this washing machine. Like really love this washing machine

Bought this as an upgrade from a little Bosch front loader. The other machine washed well but I was constantly battling mould in the rubber seal. So when the time came for a bigger machine I diligently did my research and came up with this machine at the top of my list.

It had a great range of cycles, but I tend to use the everyday cycle mostly and everything comes out clean. I love the clean cycle which I try to run every month or two. Nice and quiet, even at 1000rpm. Very very very happy all round. And, no mould! So I'm happy.

Purchased from appliances online, very happy with their service.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
AJM69

AJM69Melbourne

No problems so far

This washing machine heats it's own water and like other front loaders doesn't use very much water. We have no mains water and are using tank water and it works well. It has a short was which takes just over 30min but the standard wash which is supposed to take 2.5 hours actually takes about 2hr 45min which is a very long time. It works well and keeps the dog amused watching it swish around.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Loud rattle

I just bought this today and one the first run it has an incredible rattle. When it was empty I rolled the drum around a bit and it sounds like there is something ticking over on the left behind the drum. Am guessing this is not normal. I have double checked there are no transit bolts in the back.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Damien
Damien

UPDATE: Fisher and Paykel came out today, was a loose suspension bolt. Fixed no probs. Seems like a great machine so far, service man was great, gave advice which will probably save us money in the long term....wish I could update my star rating :)

RMF80

RMF80asked

FabricSmart WH8060F1 (8kg)

I have one of these front loader washers and it is fantastic. Only 'problem' is that I end up with a fair chunk of undissolved Napisan in the liquid detergent compartment after the wash (the liquid detergent has been used as expected during the cycle). Since the Napisan is powder, should I instead be removing the liquid detergent compartment insert from the dispenser drawer (as if I am using powdered washing detergent)? Will this ensure the Napisan is fully dissolved and used in the wash cycle?? Has anyone had the same issue with a mix of liquid detergent and powdered stain removers?

Happymum

I can honestly say that I have not heard of using that combo. I use a powder in the machine and a pre wash stain remover spray only where needed, prior to washing. Once in a while I will put some vinegar in the middle compartment. But back to your question, I am assuming that you have checked the manual first and aside from not changing your products, you could put them in the same tray but I'd be nervous about a reaction!

Kate

If it doesn't say 'do not mix with other [cleaners]', then mixing should be ok. But why not simply dissolve the powder in some warm water, and then pour that into the compartment and sluice it through with some more water and then put in your liquid detergent, or lift up the liquid dispenser to pour it in and slip the dispenser back in? Don't forget the 'soak' option, too on the machine.
I don't usually use a separate stain remover and if there are things that need some extra help I pour on a little bit of liquid detergent to the stained area [using a squeezy plastic sauce bottle - the sort with a long-spikey spout], massage it a bit, and/or soak them a short time before washing and lightly wring out by hand, then add to whatever else is washing. I never have stains left in unless they are seriously bad. I also am old -fashioned and like hot-washes for things like sheets, towels and undies [and nappies years ago when they were cloth ones]. This may also help with stain removal better as it is supposed to release oxygen from the detergent. It will depend a lot on what the stains are, and any that involve oily content - including even body sweat - always release better with a warm or hot [60 degree] wash. Powders specially formulated for cold washes usually need to be more alkaline and therefore harsher on fabrics in order to emulsify and release the grease/oil. Stains usually involve proteins which mostly set with heat [and with acid - this is what happens when you 'cook' fish with lemon, lime juices or vinegar], but alkali emulsifies them. I hope you can get something out of this.

Lindaasked

FabricSmart WH8560F1 (8.5kg)

What is the difference between the front load fabric smart and wash smart machines?

Kate

It appears that the difference is simply a bit less water used in the cycles. Personally, if I need to be sure of full rinsing, and I've maximised on the quantity of items for the cycle, or it's for items worn next the skin, I do an extra rinse - which can defeat the objective of saving water. Also to be aware of - don't overdo the quantity of detergent; more does not necessarily mean a better wash, and it will always be a problem for rinsing properly. Front loaders need less anyway. The F&P we have is definitely the best machine we've ever had.

Thank you Kate.

Denise

Deniseasked

FabricSmart WH8060F1 (8kg)

Does this machine have sensor capabilities

Sensor in what way?