Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Front Loader

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Front Loader

WH8560F1 (8.5kg), WH8060F1 (8kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

BushbabyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect

Replace my old washing machine for this front loader. It's an 8.5kg, it's silent, it washes so well, has many functions to choose from to tailor your every load. Cycle times can be slightly shortened which is a great feature. Also, it's an 8.5kg that washes 8.5kg, not restricted to only 1 cycle that washes the full load. Yes, other cycles like delicates, wool and quick washes (15min) are weight restricted, but logical.
It is so quiet, I forget I had washing in there.... it has an alert when the cycle has finished thankfully.
ps Appliances Online were fabulous. Delivery and installation, no problem, friendly and efficient staff. Have bought all my appliances through them and never had a problem.

Purchased in November 2020 at Appliances Online for $1,232.00.

KateWestern District, VIC

A perfect upgrade.

Purchased in August 2018 at Betta Home Living for $950.00.

Happymum

Happymum

Never knew what I was missing!

Purchased in April 2019.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Front Loader compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Linda

LindaSydney, NSW

Great washing machine, better than my old Bosch

We decided to upgrade an old Bosch machine and in final stages of selection we were comparing Bosch, AEG and Fisher Paykel. It finally came down to the wash times and some changes Bosch had made to their machines for wash time. I am sure i am not alone in Australia with wanting a wash time under 1 hour, and with this machine the cotton cycle we get a 59 minute wash time on 30degree water. The machine is fully customisable and you can change the pre-settings to your liking so when selected it comes up with your preferences, not the original pre-programmed options. Clothes wash well, no issues to date.

Purchased in June 2018 at Winning Appliances for $920.00.

Ozara

OzaraSurat

Loads of wash programs, fast and cleans very well

Our fisher paykel cloths washer has loads of different washing programs, from cotton to delicate to fast wash. We found just the simple fast wash gets the job done very well. Te soap draw has gotten stuck a few times but we just had to clean it out a bit. Dirty cloths go in clean come out! Very happy with our cloths washer

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Dee

DeeSouthern highlands nsw

Unfortunately a waste of money ☹️

Date PurchasedJune 2018
GlenMaccas

GlenMaccasSouth Australia

Faulty design - poor electronics

Lasted me about 6 months without an issue, had multiple problems with the inlet hose not letting in water and it's unusable. Sometimes it just starts beeping with error codes and despite only using liquid I'm not getting a full wash done and I have to restart it.

After the warranty runs out I'm gonna have to get a new one cause they wanted to charge me $450 for a new control panel!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Johnnycake

JohnnycakeBunbury

Great family cloths washer

This has been a great buy from the start as our Fisher & paykel fabric smart has done well over one thousand washes and still gets the job done very nicely. Very little washing liquid is required and the settings on the main screen are very strength forward and easy to use

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Consumer 2

Consumer 2adelaide

Very happy

Really happy with this machine. Appreciate the energy rating. Love front loaders in any case, Always use liquid not powder. I like that this machine uses less water. It is not noisy. Love all the options this smarter machine offers. Have found it a consistently reliable machine. this is not my first Fisher and Paykel purchase, I have found the F and P products I have purchased to be reliable and when I did need support with the former front loader F & P were very helpful.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Bee

BeeBatehaven

Yes yes yes

We purchased this as a duo with our dryer. They look sooooooo good in our laundry. Energy rating is pretty good. Its very simple to use. Hubby can use it too! The washing comes out so clean and not very crinkly. ai would deffinately recommend this product to young and old.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Pettie

PettieVictoria

Loads and loads of different modes!

We bought this because it has so many many options for different types of washing styles. It also has done a great job since we got it and had to go the next size up from the base model as we had a lot of cloths to wash but the larger model fits it all

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Allie Nix

Allie NixSmithfield

Love our smart cloths washer

Love how you can download different modes options and has already packed full of different functions! Cleans cloths very well and can't believe the bad reviews here as we have had no issues with ours for the past 2 years. The only issues we had was its feet was hard to adjust

Date PurchasedOct 2016
The Rhazz

The RhazzSouthern and Hills, SA

My favourite washing machine to date

I'm absolutely wrapped with this ripper of a machine! Bought it on sale EOFY from Appliances Online at 40% off with free delivery, installation and removal of my crappy old one. I love the wide variety of cycle options and the super quick 15 min cycle is brilliant. Internal LED light is great and it is very stable when spinning and nice and quiet too. The clothes came out much drier than I’m used to and the clean is amazing.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Philippa

PhilippaBrisbane

Great Machine....also good value... Love it so far.

Cleans well. Very quiet. Sensible price. Love the soak option (model with soak only available at Jb Hifi) Love that you can add soak or prewash to any cycle. Had an issue with high pitched noise while filling with cold water. Jb Hifi organized a technician to come and look at it. Technician replaced filter on cold water inlet pipe. Problem solved. Can have an issue with super long cycle times on large light items e.g. mattress protectors because it has trouble balancing the load. I put these on at night so that long time is not an issue.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Satisfactory washer

Date PurchasedMar 2018

San Holo

San HoloQld, 4655

Great improvement from 5 year old machine

The previous machine would leave large amounts of lint on the clothes and began to leak so it was time to get a replacement. Can't fault the machine and has many cycles along with clothes being dryer than the previous model so they are able to be brought in from the line faster.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Kgan

Kgan

Not too bad

Bought this when it was on sale. Good for the price. Better than my old fisher and paykel only because it is bigger (8.5kg). Initially having loud rattle problems. Had a service man came out and found out loose suspensions bolts. All removed and problems fixed. But somehow it is still loud and rattle. Overall it is functional and smart.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Jules

JulesBossley Park

Dream Machine

Previously had a Maytag top loader which was so rough it put holes in my clothes on the everyday cycle!!! Bit the bullet and bought this F&P front loader. After using it, I wished I had purchased it sooner. I cannot fault it. Clothes come out cleaner, multiple cycles to choose from and the add a garment, wrinkle free and soaking features are a big plus. Easy to use and quiet to run. You will not be disappointed and may become addicted to washing like I now am!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Lauren

LaurenDarling Downs, QLD

I love this washing machine. Like really love this washing machine

Bought this as an upgrade from a little Bosch front loader. The other machine washed well but I was constantly battling mould in the rubber seal. So when the time came for a bigger machine I diligently did my research and came up with this machine at the top of my list.

It had a great range of cycles, but I tend to use the everyday cycle mostly and everything comes out clean. I love the clean cycle which I try to run every month or two. Nice and quiet, even at 1000rpm. Very very very happy all round. And, no mould! So I'm happy.

Purchased from appliances online, very happy with their service.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
AJM69

AJM69Melbourne

No problems so far

This washing machine heats it's own water and like other front loaders doesn't use very much water. We have no mains water and are using tank water and it works well. It has a short was which takes just over 30min but the standard wash which is supposed to take 2.5 hours actually takes about 2hr 45min which is a very long time. It works well and keeps the dog amused watching it swish around.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Kerry Holly

Kerry Hollyasked

FabricSmart WH8560F1 (8.5kg)

Does any one have lint problems with this machine. I have never had a front loader before and I’m worried about lint. We also have 2 cats that shed a lot of hair. So I’m looking for a machine that handles cat hair as well. Also is this machine good for cleaning white sheets. Our sheets always seem to be brownish on my husband’s side of the bed, I think he must perspire a lot more than me. With my current top loader I have to soak the sheets in napisan or similar all night, then wash in washing machine in hot water and even then the sheets are still off colour.

Kerry Holly

Kerry Hollyasked

FabricSmart WH8560F1 (8.5kg)

Kate

Can't give an opinion about cat hair, but I imagine that the F&P machines would be as good, or better than any other front-loader, and it's possible that the extra-spin option would be useful for that, and to reduce potential for build-up in the machine's plumbing. I have never had a problem with lint in any of the 3 different front loaders I've had [moved house a lot and to & fro from Australia]. The F&P is far and away the best one.
About body-generated staining - a question to think about. When I was living with my parents - and that's several decades ago, and hot water was expensive, and washing done in a boiler or copper and wash board[!] - other than dirty hands and necks, and immediate dirt, main body washes and showers were frequently had in the morning, and sheets were invariably a yellowish colour where the body lay, and was rarely easy to wash out. Over the past very many years, I and family members have without exception had showers/baths of an evening and so have gone to bed with bodies that don't have the day's grime and natural oils on the skin. Sheets and pillowcases do not have yellow/brown staining. My husband used to go to bed with wet hair from the shower, and that also would cause staining, but now we shower much earlier in the evening, no wet hair, no stained pillowcases. So could that be an answer?
Another thing - DON'T overdo the detergent, which is a mistake that many people do thinking it might be better. Stick to the amount directed, and no more; do measure it, not guess. More will not get any more soiling out and can infact help it to be washed back in.
Remember also that apart from body oils being present, as probable in this case, stains are generally, actually proteins, and proteins tend to set with heat.
Also make sure you don't overload the machine, whatever size and type. Washing must be able to move and water to run through the items.

Kate Bauman Mollerasked

FabricSmart Front Loader

Hi, I have just purchased an 8kg machine, I have noticed after every wash the powder/liquid dispenser drawer has popped opened!! The powder has disappeared thank goodness but just curious as to why this occurs if not a fault!! Thank you. Kate

Bushbaby

Have a look at the manual. I think if you’re using powder detergent you need to remove the liquid dispenser draw :)

Kate Bauman Moller

Thank you Bushbaby, but I did read the manual and removed the liquid dispenser draw to allow powder in it's place but still pops open. :(

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

If only you were able to contact the company to get their advice

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Compare both Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Front Loader
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,019.00$1,399.00
Capacity8 kg8.5 kg
Household Size 3-4 people3-4 people
FeaturesAuto BalancingAuto Balancing
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Water Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteWhite
Dimensions 850 x 600 x 645 mm850 x 600 x 645 mm
Motor TypeDirect Drive (Inverter)Direct Drive (Inverter)
Max Spin Speed 1,400 rpm1,400 rpm
Maximum Noise Level58 db58 db
Number of Wash Cycles1313
Country of ManufactureChinaChina
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare both Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Front Loader