Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WH8060F1 (8kg)

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WH8060F1 (8kg)

MPN: WH860F1

GlenMaccas

GlenMaccasSouth Australia

Faulty design - poor electronics

Lasted me about 6 months without an issue, had multiple problems with the inlet hose not letting in water and it's unusable. Sometimes it just starts beeping with error codes and despite only using liquid I'm not getting a full wash done and I have to restart it.

After the warranty runs out I'm gonna have to get a new one cause they wanted to charge me $450 for a new control panel!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Allie Nix

Allie NixSmithfield

Love our smart cloths washer

Love how you can download different modes options and has already packed full of different functions! Cleans cloths very well and can't believe the bad reviews here as we have had no issues with ours for the past 2 years. The only issues we had was its feet was hard to adjust

Date PurchasedOct 2016

AJM69Melbourne

No problems so far

This washing machine heats it's own water and like other front loaders doesn't use very much water. We have no mains water and are using tank water and it works well. It has a short was which takes just over 30min but the standard wash which is supposed to take 2.5 hours actually takes about 2hr 45min which is a very long time. It works well and keeps the dog amused watching it swish around.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

I'm now sold on front loaders.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

See all Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Front Loader reviews

Kathyasked

I am about to buy a new machine and would like to know the weight of washing for different cycles and the time each cycle takes

Linda
Linda

The book has details, but one of the reasons i choose this machine was its ability to take bigger load weight in all cycles versus the European models. I always just fill the machine up, but i tend to use cotton cycles for everyday, and the 15 minute cycle to freshen things. No issues yet.

Rhonda

Rhondaasked

Is it better to use liquid washing detergent or can you use either powder or liquid with the front loader washer?
Does it have to be specific front loader detergent? I have just purchased the front loader and still have 1/2 packet of top loader powder from use in my old top loader machine?

Lauren
Lauren

I use mostly powder in mine and have never had a problem (there was a choice report a few years ago that said that powder actually gives better results, and it tends to be better value). But you do need to make sure you use special front loader powder - it will say it on the packet, some are for both top and front loaders, as I think top loader powder sometimes suds more which isn’t good for the machine.

Philippa
Philippa

I use liquid. This machine has a removable dispenser for liquid which is where you put powder (once the dispenser is removed). Top loading detergent has too many bubbles and will stop your clothes from washing properly.

Brenda Dasked

Why is the 8kg more expensive than the 8.5 kg when they are both smart wash?

AJM69

You probably just need to shop around. I just googled it and the 8.5kg is $875 and 8kg $799 at Harvey Norman

Brenda D

Thank you. I googled quite a few and didn’t get that price.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives