41Bosch Serie 8 Front Load Washing Machines

Sam S
Sam SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  Top Review WAW28420AU

Another great product by BOSCH

I am very impressed with my new washing machine. After comparing features this one stood out. The water efficiency of a larger machine was very important. Another reason behind my decision was that it was manufactured and engineered in Germany as they have an excellent reputation. The pause and add or retrieve feature has been wonderful and very user friendly. It is very quiet in operation. The was washing result is very clean, follow the guide and it never disappoints. An unexpected bonus was that even though being of a larger capacity, the Bosch was smaller in external dimensions by a couple of mm and fits better into my laundry configuration. I kept the instructions handy for the first few washes but now I don’t need it.

Purchased in at E & S for $1,100.

• Dryer Type: Bosch HomeProfessional Heat Pump Tumble Dryers
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Sengster
SengsterSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Verified Top Review WAW28460AU

Good for 3 years only

This washing machine (German made) worked well until after 3 years when it started to beep and the tap symbol started flashing, thinking there was a problem with either the water supply or outlet blockage. I had thoroughly followed the troubleshooting instructions in the manual and could find nothing wrong. The error always happens after the initial wash phase is finished and the machine takes in water for the first rinse. Sometimes the error is so bad that the machine pauses. I searched online for a solution and found that other customers had the same issue. The repair bill is just not worth the cost. When this machine dies I will stick to the LG brand which I have found to be a lot more reliable. Surely you would expect that a German made machine costing a premium would last a lot longer than 3 years, I am bitterly disappointed.

Despite Bosch approaching me upon reading this review, they have not contacted me yet

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $1,077.

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi Sengster, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Washing Machine.
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11987 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Victoria
VictoriaSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  Verified WAW28441AU

Bearing Failure after 6 Years

Expected better longevity from a German made machine purchased 6 years ago, the machine has developed a whining bearing sound and vibrates. A repairman said that the drum bearing failed and would be too expensive to fix (requiring a complete disassembly). I will not be buying a Bosch washing machine again. Show details
Hayden
HaydenVictoria
  WAW28460AU

German made but quality non existant

Bought machine because german made and thought quality would be better. Have had for 3 years and stopped working due to pcb failure. Will cost over $500 to repair. Expected to get more life out of this machine. Not impressed.
Bree R
Bree RPerth, WA
  WAW28440AU

A dreadful buy

We’ve had this for about 12 months and it’s easily the worst washing machine we’ve ever owned. If you want to wash one blanket, a jacket by itself or even one t-shirt, don’t. It won’t spin properly because it’s decided it’s off balance.

The incessant beeping after a cycle is done (that you can’t turn off) is obnoxious. The control panel is too sensitive (if you breathe near it, it’ll change something). And the cycle times are mostly abysmal, so we use the ‘mix’ cycle the most.

Water pools in the door seal and needs to be wiped out with a towel so it doesn’t go mouldy or smell.

It’s fine for a full or half load, but that’s it.

Next time I’ll definitely go for something with less tech.

renegaderewind
renegaderewindHunter Region, NSW9 posts
  Verified WAW28420AU

Great machine let down by the touchscreen

We have had this machine for four years and while it cleans well, the touchscreen hasn’t worked properly for ages. Try to change the temp and it just cycles through the options. Change the delayed start button and it switches spin speeds. It’s ridiculously sensitive (or sometimes completely unresponsive) and just a really poor design, and particularly frustrating because we bought this model due to it being made in Germany, mistakenly thinking this would be better quality. It’s very disappointing. Show details
Natasha M.
Natasha M.
  WAW28460AU

Thankfully I got the extended warranty

I am very glad I got the extended warranty with this machine. I have had to replace the water pump and the water inlet valve in the past 12 months.
This was a big purchase for me and was supposed to be a long term investment. Instead I’m looking at buying another Machine after just 5 years. ( I will use this until it dies )

I am so disappointed and urge others not to buy this machine. If you do, spend the extra and get the extended warranty. You will almost certainly need it at the 4 year mark.

Until it broke down, I have to say I was happy with the overall performance of the machine. Show details

Plez
PlezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't buy Bosch - the name speaks for nothing

Bought our machine in 2018 from Harvey Norman thinking this was better quality and in 6 years we've had it I've had to call for a repair 4 times after the 2 year warranty ran out. Worst decision ever to buy this brand. Prior to this I owned a Westinghouse in 2003 which finally died in 2018 and not once did we ever have to repair it compared to this garbage. Calling Bosch for help was the worst customer service - not helpful at all saying I was out of warranty. It even started to rust in the corner just below where the detergent and softener is poured in.

Problems were:
Drum not turning
Unable to unlock door when we had any issues at all
Leaking from the bottom
In the end the machine did not turn on and the display stayed off Show details

Kate578
Kate578Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

digital panel failed

Like others - we thought paying a bit extra for a quality and durable product was worth it. The digital sector panel started failing fairly quickly. Some days I have to turn it off and on again 4-5 times to get the sector to register my change in temp selection. The machine itself is still going after 5 years, but it's temperamental to use Show details
Bek
Bek
  WAW28620AU

Quality is so poor I have had to stop using after 3 months!!!

Loved it at first, appeared to be doing as it should. However in less than three months the seal was damaged and I can no longer use it. When I called expecting this to be covered under warranty I was advised that yes, they could send someone out but I'd almost certainly be charged as this isn't something they cover. This issue is apparently considered fair wear and tear or user error.
Given I've only washed clothes and linen, as per their instructions and for less than three months, I did seek advice as to how it was possible for to it to be damaged, and they advised it's usually damaged via buttons or zips. So for me, there is no point buying this machine as it can't handle washing basic clothing. Show details
Penny
PennyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Bad Product/ For a German Made Washing Machine

I purchased this product in January 2020. In the first 6 moths it started showing Error E18 i have contacted numerous times the Good Guys where i bough it but i have been ignored. I also contacted Bosch about this problem but again as soon i told them about the problem they stopped replying to my emails. This machine is a lemon. Keep away there are other brands and better customer service then this supposed German Brand. Show details
Reuben
ReubenSouth East Queensland, QLD
  WGG24401AU

Disappointed in my Bosch Washing Machine

Very similar experience to reviewer below. Very disappointed with my experience with this machine. Not so much its performance, rather lifespan. After getting 11 good years out of my previous machine, I replaced it with this German made Bosch Series 8 machine in late 2018. Now, after just 5 years of standard family use it has died. I'm told the 'inverter module' is 'faulty' and will cost almost $500 to fix which really isn't worth it. This is incredibly poor for a high end machine. Googling around it seems that this fault isn't uncommon. I expect more from Bosch. I'm now weighing up whether I should give Bosch another chance as a replacement. Show details
Paul
PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  WAW28790AU

Expected better longevity from German made machine

purchased 2018 , machine has developed a whining bearing sound, repairman says that its the main bearing and would be too expensive to fix (complete disassemble), he also says that this is a common issue as well as many others.. I paid good money for something that was supposed to be well engineered.. Paul Brisbane QLD Show details
Andrew H.
Andrew H.2 posts
lynn
lynnPerth, WA5 posts
  WGG244A0AU

good washing machine

this machine does a very good wash. has many settings but I usually use the fast wash. i only ever use cold water and does an effective wash Show details

Joyce
Joyce · Serie 8 WAW32640AU

How to reset the Bosch series 8 WAW32640AU washing machine please

Kristy hedderman
Kristy hedderman

Hi. I’ve never had to reset before! Maybe turn off then restart . The instruction booklet may help also !

BeingMindful
BeingMindful

The internet says to switch the machine off/unplug for 5-10min. Then connect to power again. Apparently that resets drains any residual charge. See instructions here: https://www.easilyfixit.com/reset-bosch-washing-machine/

Frosty51
Frosty51 · Serie 8 WAW28460AU

Why does my front loading washing machine syphon water back into my machine, from the laundry trough, at the end of a wash cycle? When I open the door water gushes onto the laundry floor. This never happened with my old Asko machine. What can I do to stop this happening?

Frosty51
Frosty51 · Serie 8 WAW28460AU

Bunny, Melbourne
I purchased a Bosch front load WAW28460AU washing machine on 1/11/2023.
On 3 occasions I have opened the door at the end of a cycle & water has poured out onto the laundry floor.
In one instance the cycle had been finished & clothes had removed for 5 hours.
I collect the grey water discharge in the laundry trough for recycling & think the water is being syphoned back into the machine.
I did this for 17 years with my Asco front loader without a problem.
Has anyone else had this problem.
Hopefully there is there a solution?

Features:

• Different models in the Bosch Serie 8 Front Loading Washing Machines have varying capacities ranging from 7.5kg to 10kg, so you can find a size right for your household.
  • A time delay function on the machine lets you set your cycle to start at a time that’s convenient for your routine.
  • It has a child lock, giving you extra peace of mind for the safety of your little ones.
  • ActiveWater Plus technology on the machine measures the size of the load and adjusts the water intake accordingly, so it uses only what it needs, helping save water and your next bill.
  • The washing machine has SpeedPerfect and EcoPerfect functions that can wash your load in either 65% less time or by using 50% less energy.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the settings on the Bosch Serie 8 Front Loaders were easy to navigate and adjust.
  • They also said that the machine’s programs consistently cleaned all types of fabrics well.
  • According to reviewers, the machine is quiet when it spins clothes.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers noted that certain parts of the machine weren’t particularly hard-wearing. A few, for example, said that the rubber door seal only lasted a few years before it needed to be replaced.
Compare all Bosch Serie 8 Front Load Washing Machines listings
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,699$1,849$2,099$2,899
Capacity8 kg9 kg9 kg10 kg
Household Size 3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people5+ people
FeaturesAuto Balancing, Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof) and Reload/Add WashAuto Balancing, Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof) and Reload/Add WashAuto Balancing, Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof) and Reload/Add WashAuto Balancing, Auto Dispense, Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof) and Reload/Add Wash
Energy Rating4 star(s)4.5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)
Water Rating5 star(s)4.5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless Steel
Dimensions 848 x 598 x 590 mm848 x 598 x 590 mm848 x 598 x 590 mm848 x 598 x 590 mm
Motor TypeDirect Drive (Inverter)Direct Drive (Inverter)Direct Drive (Inverter)Direct Drive (Inverter)
Max Spin Speed 1,400 rpm1,400 rpm1,400 rpm1,600 rpm
Maximum Noise Level71 db71 db75 db74 db
Number of Wash Cycles14141414
Weight72.8 kg72 kg72.3 kg83.1 kg
Country of ManufactureGermanyGermanyGermanyGermany
StackableYesYesYesYes
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteWhiteWhiteWhite
Release date
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Awards 2018