Bosch Serie 8 Front Load Washing Machines

Bosch Serie 8 Front Load Washing Machines

WAW28460AU, WAW32640AU, WAS28440AU, etc...

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.9

Pam

PamSydney, NSW

Not happy !

Purchased in December 2016 at The Good Guys.

Wayne S

Wayne SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Simply but works

Love Germany quality, it’s simple wash machine but works really well, long lasting quality, stable performance, except the rubber around the door sometimes left some remain water there and dropped out on the floor otherwise it’s perfect

Purchased in November 2018.

Rupinder S.

Rupinder S.

Perfect addition in house hold

I made the great decision to buy BOSCH wading machine. It works perfectly fine without any problem. Water and energy saver. Water rating 5 star. I would highly recommend this product to everyone.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys.

Dryer TypeBosch Serie 4 WTH85200AU
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Bosch Serie 8 Front Load Washing Machines compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Danny

Danny

Very good washer so far..

I brought this washing machine 7 months ago so far so good. Few things i did find was abit pooling of water on the door when the wash had finished and drips onto the floor simliar the one of the other reviewers and thats annoying and today i was doing a mix 45 minute cycle then for one reason after i checked about 10 minutes later it was on 53 minutes.I have found when i do towels in particular they are still quite damp not as dry when the cycle has finished. I hope all this isnt the start of any issues..

Purchased in November 2019.

acmesounds

acmesoundsVictoria

Very happy with the machine.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,599.00.

Rebecca

RebeccaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great efficient washing machine

Has a big selection of cycles to choose from such as gentle to mix loads. Quick wash completes in 15 mins and does the job. Great build quality and a big bonus being made in Germany.

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys.

Dryer TypeBosch HomeProfessional Heat Pump Tumble Dryers
Mel

MelSydney, NSW

Poor designed filter

The filter of the washing machine is poor designed and it would suck in anything. In one occasion My kid’s sock ended in there and I had to break the filter to force open it. This never happened in my old Samsung washing machine in the last 10 years.

Sandi

SandiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great washes so far

Had it for about 1-2 months and consistently washes well. Many wash settings, and being able to pause machine to load more items is very handy.
Machine can be a little bit noisy, but it seems it is usual for washing machines, as it was the same with the previous 'Fisher and Paykel'.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,117.00.

greynomad

greynomadMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great machine

The only problem l have with my new machine is that at the end of a cycle there is a small puddle of water on the rubber so when I take out the washed clothes they get wet again because you have to lift them over the puddle.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,049.00.

Glen D

Glen DSydney Surrounds, NSW

Only 1 serious fault!

This is a great machine with only one serious fault to be aware of when buying. On the good side, it is a perfect example of German engineering. I am in awe of this machine and bought it after reading so many great reviews. The only problem is that after the wash cycle is finished, there is water pooling in the door seal. This water can also drip down onto the floor. The only solution is to wipe it up after every wash before taking out the clean clothes. It seems to be a design fault. It his problem is fixed I would happily recommend this machine and rate it 5 stars!

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,400.00.

Kitty

Kitty

Great - does everything we need

We bought this for 2 adults, no children. It’s the perfect size for us. The controls are very easy to use and there are plenty of different settings. The alarm that sounds when the cycle finishes is very useful.

Gerry

GerryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This machine beeps so loudly for minutes after each cycle I want to burn it

The machine washes ok, but leaks inccessantly. It is only 2 years old

What is most annoying is that the it beeps very loudly, waking me up, for minutes after the cycle finishes. It is the most ridiculous annoying feature I have come across in an appliance.

Purchased in July 2018 for A$1,000.00.

Dryer TypeBosch Home Appliances WTE86300AU
Kristen and Teresa

Kristen and TeresaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great washing machine

Love that the washing machine gives me all the settings for my different washing loads. Washing comes out feeling fresh and clean. Has an excellent spin cycle. I haven’t lost any socks.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys.

Kaj

KajGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Its a bit expensive and bit complicated to use

Bosch is a good brand but its a bit expensive.Had use fisher and paykel before so thought would go for a change.It's a bit complicated to use and had to read the leaflet every now and then.Size is good.Fits in small spaces but drum look a bit small.

Purchased in May 2020 at e&s for A$1,500.00.

Dryer TypeBosch HomeProfessional Heat Pump Tumble Dryers
Fab

FabGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great machine so far

This machine is super quiet, large capacity makes it a breeze washing quilts. Two points why I won’t give it 5 stars;
Firstly the instruction manual is fairly poorly written, very limited info and had to find out some of the features online by other users.
The second point more importantly it leaves a large puddle of water at the rubber seals edge, when you open the door water spills out onto our floor boards. Purchased 10-May-2020.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,299.00.

Dryer TypeBosch Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Michael

MichaelSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Another Bosch Success

Great washing machine, water saver, power saver, plenty wash options available & all lead to a great end result - clean clothes!!
Service and delivery by Appliances on line was very good. Fast change over/fitting of machines...

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for A$895.00.

Dave J

Dave JGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic washing machine

We’ve had this since October 2019 and can’t fault this machine. We replaced our previous entry level Bosch washing machine after 11 years with plenty of use so went down the Bosch path again! Highly recommended

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$836.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 3.5kg AD39
Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Such a terrible washing machine . This is of no use .

I have tried different programs with this washing machine and none of them removes the dirt . This is very evident with the baby clothes . Perfume smell on the clothes stays . Not recommended to spend money on this .

Purchased in April 2020 at Bing Lee for A$1,700.00.

Gary C.

Gary C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

excellent washing machine

This is the first front loader I have owned and previously for 20+ years I have used top loader washing machines. Very happy with the way it cleans clothes, it is quiet and seems efficient. Overall very happy.
If i had to give a negative it would be it is low and need to bend or kneel to put washing in or remove. I know you can buy a stand but it is just an extra expense. I would by again as it is very economical and is german made and seem to be very high quality. The only other negative is if on a normal wash without time saver function on the wash time can be 3 hours. With the was time saver on it is around an hour.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,300.00.

DGJSydney, NSW

Disappointed

Disappointed. Paid 1700 AUD expecting to get a good washing machine .
I wash different clothes pj , shirts t, t shirts , boxers , kids clothes etc . Use the mix option .
I don’t get the clothes clean and after the cycle it is completely soaked .
It maybe the cycle I use . Can anyone suggest which would be better cycle?

Purchased in April 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for A$1,700.00.

Hi DGJ,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Appliances. We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, we’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

DGJ

As requested , I have sent an email . Will update product review based on the outcome .

naomi m.asked

WAS32440AU

Hi, we have a new 9k WAW28440AU and have noticed water pools around the rubber entry. I saw a previous post here that someone else's developed mould, ( I assume it's also fro excess water pooling and not draining. )
What can I do? Thanks, Naomi

Leeching
Leeching

I always wipe down any water after use on the rubber seal - it is a bit of effort but that is the way it is. Because I had this habit of making sure the appliance is dry, I never had this mould issue. I also keep the washer door open up to let it air dry and never closed up completely after washing and always keep the door open with 1 inch of a gap to not let the inside trap air.

It doesn't bother me. If the look of it bothers you then just close the washer door back after a few hours.

I also take it a step further by also wiping down the i-dos compartment and pull it out a few inches to let it air dry. Once it is air-dried I will close the i-dos compartment back.

By doing this, my washer feels and smell completely new and fresh even after almost 2 years of owning it.

Hi Naomi,
If water is not draining out of the seal properly we would recommend checking for blockages in the seal drainage holes and calling our customer service team on 1300 369 744 if the problem persists. Working with our colleagues in the UK our customer service line is open 24 hours from Monday 8:30am to Friday 5:00pm so please call at your convenience as some times can be busier than others.
Leeching's advice is good to follow to prevent mould as well.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

naomi m.

Yes, but it is a brand new machine. Nothing is blocked. I have always kept my machines clean and kept doors open. I would expect you shouldn't have to physically dry out and soak up puddles for a new, quality branded machine. I will call the number you said.

Nick Penelope Margiolaki

Nick Penelope Margiolakiasked

Serie 8 WAW32640AU

How do I override the iDos for fabric softener use? My machine does not draw any!

Hi Nick,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch WAW32640AU.
You would need to make sure the i-DOS has automatic dosage deselected as per page 12 of your user manual.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Beefadad

Beefadadasked

WAS32440AU

Hi. After 8 years the machine has stopped working. Service person says that it is one of two circuit boards but cannot tell which one (perhaps Bosch needs to better train their technicians!). I was offered a discount off RRP on a new machine, but the cost will be more than buying from GG, BL or similar outlet. Also, I am not keen on spending a lot more for another Bosch when the life expectancy is not greater than an LG or similar. So, can Bosch supply me with the two circuit boards for a very low price and I will replace the boards myself? Thanks.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Beefadad, Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your washing machine.
If you could please contact us on 1300 167 425 (select option 1), and we'll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives