Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Top Loader

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Top Loader

1st Gen and 2nd Gen

Big Loads and Very Reliable

I have been using this machine now for about 12 months. And time and time again to is very reliable. The only issues I have had with machine was it didn't turn on one time but all I had to do was switch off for 10 min and let it reset itself.
I do everything from small loads of wet baby pants right through to king size blankets and every time come out clean and fresh.
The bigger loads do take a bit longer but worth the wait.

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for $850.00.

Love to wash with Fisher & Paykel

My third F&P machine and the best yet. I love the various settings available but especially the auto water level feature which saves water and adds to the washing efficiency and time.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

good reliable system

i have used it for 4 years and i think its great and reliable for its price ! People shouldn't buy all those cheap brands anymore and start investing in the better quality ones, it will not only improve your lifestyle but also will last a long time therefore making your money worth !

Purchased in July 2015.

Great washing machine

I have just purchased my 2nd machine. First one lasted forever, so I bought another one the same. Never had a problem with it. Best machine ever. Thanks Fisher and Paykel

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $699.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 6.2kg DE62T27GW2

Fisher & Paykel helps my Family

I have four grown up children and we have used this brand of washing machine for many, many years. We have had it serviced two times due a small fault, but it was quickly rectified both times at no cost to us. I have had this machine for many years and it is still going. Great wash every time. I can put sheets, bulky towels and it washes them clean every time. The magnetics under the carriage really help this machine perform. I have now bought the newest model as I have remarried and the old one is still going over at my ex-husband's place. I have all my main white goods in this same brand. Will never buy anything else. Thanks Fisher & Paykel!!!

Purchased for $399.00.

Noise Level

Is it possible to LOVE a washing machine?

I love this washing machine!! We've had it for 2-3 years and it's never missed a beat! I like having the bigger capacity 10kg so I can wash our bedding and towels with ease as well as our day to day washing. I don't do hand washing - hand washing is in a clothes bag in the washing machine! I've never had a problem.

Great washing machine

from heavy to light clothing washes , this machine excels the only fault are selection instructions for the elderly can be improved, as some need simple selection like light through to heavy washing as an example

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Noise Level

So happy to have a top loader again

The fisher & paykel washsmart 8.5kg top loader washing machine is so easy to use turn on the power & press start
You can’t get any easier than that!
It has plenty of options to choose from
Eg regular wash, heavy, delicate, quick & even an allergy wash
It fits our king size bedding easily but with its smart technology you can do a small load & it will uses a smaller amount of water

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys.

Wife off Back

We previously had a front loader with 1.5 hour plus programs, this Machine has easy to run cycles half the time and just as good if not better, Did I mention my Wife is off my back.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

No Stress Required

Our old Fisher & Paykel Top Load Washing Machine gave us great service for 20 years before it finally gave up the ghost (in fact the plastic push pad buttons wore away before the mechanics did).
The old machine had to cope with many and varied loads - towels, dirty cleaning cloths, cat soiled material, blacks, colours, whites and delicates.
I was open to other brands as I thought the place of manufacture for F&P had changed. So we shopped around. We found all brands features are all much of a muchness - nothing stood out to us. So we decided to stick with the brand we know.
Initially I was concerned that I couldn't get the same kg loading we had on the previous F&P machine (we had to go down a kg or half).
I needn't have worried about any of this.
The new machine takes the same load as the old one did and does a quality wash in a slightly smaller time frame.
The auto wash options are a perfect selection for the various loads this household needs. And even if you need to personalise a wash option yourself, the metallic push buttons are touch sensitive so it's really easy on the fingers (it took a bit of effort to select the buttons on the old one).
Even better, I didn't even need to read the instructions (I'm usually a stickler for that). Once delivered, it was practically plug in and go!
Another thing I love about the machine is that the top rim of the machine is smooth gloss and curved inwards - that means that any washing powder that is accidentally dropped on the side rim doesn't build up (our old machine had a flat rim and I often had to brush powder or grime into the machine).
Finally, it's much quieter than our old machine - which as you know we loved, but it's nice to have the quality our old one with the bonus of the design and functionality improvements.
So don't stress about upgrading (within the F&P brand at least)!

Pros: Capacity
Auto cycle options
Easy to use & personalise programs
Wash quality & timeliness
Quiet
Design

Cons: None yet! But unable to comment if it will last 20 years like our old F&P.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Noise Level

Terrible just kept beeping the whole cycle

Terrible machines brought one from the good guys got it home and shortly after that it just started constantly making a beeping sound it drove me mad! Good guys sent a repair guy out he replaced the mother board and left but that made no difference. I demanded a replacement machine and to there credit I got one the repair guy delivered it and what do you know?the new one was doing the exact same thing. Unbelievable I know but true! They sent the repair guy yet again and he confirmed it was faulty aswell. I had finally had it with fisher and paykel I demanded a whole new brand and again to there credit the good guys were great. I went instore and picked a Simpson 8kg top loader and it has been a fantastic machine it’s sturdy through the cycle much more grunt and the clothes come out so much cleaner. So I highly advise taking note of my wrap up of the fisher & paykel. 2 out 2 duds is surely saying something.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys.

wonderful

I have bought this a while ago and have nothing but great use from it. Cleaning beautifully can use the quick wash which takes no time at all but cleans as well as the soak dial which runs for about 30 mins.

Purchased for $700.00.

Perfect washing machine

Normally we use our washing machine every day. Perfectly it removes stains and completely remove wetness from clothes.It has more functions to do seperate things. Economically friendly and lucky to have it.

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for $890.00.

It gets the loads done

I use this washing machine for my general, workout and workwear clothing. I can get particularly dirty at work and this machine does the job perfectly to get them clean. The timing feature is great so you can go about your business and the washing be completed in a timely fashion. The machine has different settings and is easily adjustable and easy to use. As such, the machine handles my clothing well including delicates with a change of setting.

Purchased in March 2017 at The Good Guys Physical store for $700.00.

Noise Level

What a impressive looking machine

This Fisher and Paykel washer really earns its title washsmart machine ..with one step easy to follow preset options with a push of a button your ready to go. Washes are great bringing your clothes out fresh as a daisy

Purchased in July 2018.

Dryer TypeSamsung

Washing results looks as good as new

Multi coloured wash, easy function set. Just turn the dial to set your required wash. You can even set it as your favourite. Add your detergent, close lid and off you go. Set cycle about 45 min. You can even set the spin speed. Washes clothes better than any other washer that I have had. My wash is now bright and white. This is my favourite by far.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $899.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 4.5kg ED57

Piece of crap

Suspension rods inadequate for the size of the machine, replaced by FnP once at 2yrs old. Now 5yr and same issue. No help from FnP just want more money to keep repairing. previously owned a 7.5kg FnP and it is still going strong washing loads twice the size our 8kg can handle without any issues. FnP stated it was out of warranty and tough crap. Never buying another and will continue to tell others about there poor product and customer service.
Shame you cant give zero stars

Purchased for $800.00.

Dryer TypePanasonic NH-P70G2WAU

Did not last long 3 years only

Stopped working after 3 years. Washing only with cold water but hot or warm water does not work. Over priced significantly. Would not recommend to buy it . Very hard to operate

Purchased in April 2017 at Forty Winks VIC, Hoppers Crossing for $1,100.00.

This is perfect

This is an excellent Washing machine and would recommend to anyone. It is compact and very quite and does a very good job of washing clothes from Work overalls to towels to sheets to delicate clothes. Controls are easy as all push button and spin drying is excellent as you can select a high 1100 rpm which leaves clothes almost dry. Also you can miss and mach on different cycles I.E hot/cold wash, as well as change cycles mid wash. Spin speeds etc. Only paid $1076 including installation and 5 yr warranty

Purchased in December 2018.

Dryer TypeHoover Apollo

Rarely finishes a cycle

Only owned for 1-2 years, but have had problem after problem. Constantly going out of balance, saying there are issues with the tap and not sucking water, saying there are suds when there are not, and not draining. Beeps and stops wash halfway through for no obvious reason. Have tried resetting. Had two blockages fixed by technician this year alone. When it actually works it does an ok job.

Purchased in June 2017.

Has anyone experienced the inlet hose leaking?
Had my machine three years and no problems with any hoses.

Each time I start the machine, it starts filling and says it has 43 minutes left (normal cycle). After about a minute, it then cuts it down to 27 minutes then seconds later cuts down to 12 minutes and beeps until the load is finished. This happens on any cycle that I put it on and I can’t figure out what is wrong with it! Has anyone else has this happen?
Hey Momm-Sar! I can't say I've had that problem. I use the Quick cycle predominantly and it goes for the 27 minutes. I would suggest contacting Fisher & Paykel - hopefully someone else replies that may have had the same issue - Fisher & Paykel support I believe is pretty good. Good luck :)Hi, I haven't had this happen to me, but it could be a flow of water/pressure thing happening. I am not sure, but just check that your inlet flows are not blocked and that they are open enough. Other than that if you have your manual, follow that with the reset to factory settings, just in case something has gone awry. Good luckI called Fisher and Paykel and they have no idea what it could be but thankfully it’s under warranty so they’re coming to have a look!

washes and drains as per normal but won't spin, just hums and thumps a little. I have removed agitator, everything looks normal

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA8560G1 (8.5kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA8560E1 (8.5kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA7560E1 (7.5kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA55T56GW1 (5.5kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA65T60GW1 (6.5kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA7060G1 (7kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA70T60GW1 (7kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA75T65GW1 (7.5kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA80T65GW1 (8kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA7060E1 (7kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA8060E1 (8kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA8060G1 (8kg)
CategoryTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $999$1,099$1,399$949$849
Capacity8.5 kg8.5 kg10 kg7.5 kg7 kg
Household Size 3-4 people3-4 people5+ people2-3 people2-3 people
FeaturesAuto Balancing, Auto Dispense and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Auto Balancing, Auto Dispense and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Auto Balancing, Auto Dispense and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Auto Balancing, Auto Dispense and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Auto Balancing, Auto Dispense and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating2.5 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)2 star(s)
Water Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless Steel
Colour / Finish WhiteWhiteWhiteWhiteWhite
Dimensions 1045-1075 x 600 x 600 mm1045-1075 x 600 x 600 mm1060-1090 x 685 x 700 mm1045-1075 x 600 x 600 mm1075 x 600 x 600 mm
Motor TypeSmartDriveSmartDriveSmartDriveSmartDriveSmartDrive
Max Spin Speed 1,000 rpm1,100 rpm1,100 rpm1,100 rpm1,000 rpm
Number of Spin Speeds33333
Number of Wash Cycles66666
MechanismAgitatorAgitatorAgitatorAgitatorAgitator
Open Lid Height 1,350 mm1,350 mm1,420 mm1,350 mm1,380 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Replaced byFisher & Paykel WashSmart WA65T60GW1 (6.5kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA70T60GW1 (7kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA80T65GW1 (8kg)

Download manual