Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Top Loader

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Top Loader

1st Gen

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.4

Zakir

ZakirSydney, NSW

Excellent washing machine!

After long investigation and even though this washing machine didn't have a great review but still I have decided to purchase this machine on the basis of its specifications.
I have made a great decision purchasing this machine. This is a fabulous machine. It's just perfect in every way possible!!
Excellent performance, extremely quite and use very little water.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Online for A$1,500.00.

Sharon

SharonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fins Again

1 of the fins broke but I’ve had the machine 7 years. Having said that I’m still surprised. I’ve had several machines & did the washing for my family from age of 12 & I’ve never seen or know of a fin breaking in any other machine I’ve worked with. In the first 6 years I had a service man out because the rinse cycle was too quick. I considered buying a replacement agitator but I feel from the other reviews that would be a waste of money
Won’t buy another F&P

Purchased in February 2013 for A$559.00.

Naka E

Naka E

User friendly

Always bought this brand. User friendly. Easy to keep clean. Lasts and lasts. Parents bought it too. Cares for your clothes. Trust this brand. Cant go wrong. Good price too

Purchased in January 2018 for A$800.00.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Top Loader compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Andrew

AndrewDarling Downs, QLD

Fisher & Paykel Washing machine

I have purchased a few of these machines over the last 20 years both for myself and my family and keep coming back to them because any service required on them is relatively inexpensive. I have a serviceman who knows the machines inside out and repairs them at a reasonable price. Items stuck in the pump is common but less than 3 minutes to fix. They are reasonably priced and of good quality.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys.

Cameron Robinson

Cameron RobinsonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

First and only washing machine I have owned lasted more than 13years and still going.

Intuitive, ergonomic, easy to use, quiet, intelligent. Set out to buy modern quality washing machine and, with the exception of an initial faulty circuit board which was replaced free of charge under warranty, have not been disappointed. 13 plus years and still going strong !

Purchased in January 2007 at RetraVision for A$500.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 4.5kg ED56
Cameron Robinson

Cameron RobinsonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

My First Washing Machine 13 Years Old and Still Going Strong.

Intuitive, ergonomic, intelligent, quiet, easy to use, modern, stylish, quality. I set out to buy a modern, quality washing machine that would last for more than 10plus years and, with the exception of having the circuit board replaced under warranty at about the 12 month mark, I have not been disappointed. 13 plus years on it is still going strong my first and only washing machine so far.

Purchased in January 2007 at RetraVision for A$500.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 4.5kg ED56
Maz

Maz

Not the quality it use to be

After 21 years of raving about my F and P top loader it's not the same story with the new one. My brand new machine was starting to rust at the bottom of the bowl after 2 weeks of use. F and P were only willing to replace the bowl which was unacceptable to me. So, I phoned Harvey Norman and they were willing to replace it with a new one. Thank you. The quality of the past has gone. The machine washes well but I can not see it being long lasting. I don't think I will buy F and P again.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for A$760.00.

elizabeth

elizabethGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ready for the Tip after 3 years

Purchased in August 2016 at The Good Guys for A$900.00.

Not very Smart!

This is my third Fisher and Paykel washing machine.
As far as smartness goes this is way behind my previous machine.
You cannot change any settings eg spin speed or temperature, once the cycle has started, you need to go back to the beginning of the wash cycle.
You cannot step through any of the wash cycles.
You cannot put the fast spin speed on the delicate cycle.
If you add more clothes once the cycle has started it won't add any more water.
If you put water in the machine to try and soak something it drains by itself.
I'm not happy with all of the restrictions.
And apart from not being able to change settings through a cycle it also leaves lint on the clothes!

Purchased in November 2019 at Appliances Online.

Kookla

KooklaPerth, WA

Faulty Product

This machine has put holes in our tshirts since we started using it, wish I could add photos, had it checked for issues but it's a design fault apparently, the agitator is dragging the fabric & its pinching causing holes in the fabric. The more we wash our tshirts holes get worse

Purchased at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

ross

rossHunter Region, NSW

Knotting, wringing & creasing sheets & clothing

Cathy19

Cathy19Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

So disappointed

I have had Fisher and Paykel washing machines for as long as I can remember.
Our old one packed it in after more than 15 years so of course, with such a great track record, we purchased another...
Bad decision.
The components under the lid are cheap and tacky. The lid where the powder is placed does not fit well. A service technician is coming out on Wednesday to see why the auto water level only fills to a small wash level. Clothes dont wash as well and the spin cycle is not as good as it has been in the past. Clothes used to be quite dry, not any more.
It is also ver noisy on the spin cycle. One of the reasons I loved my previous machines was the quiet...not any more.
I would recommend you buy something else.

Purchased in April 2019.

trial-error

trial-errorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Buy something else

Purchased in March 2016.

Henri

HenriMid North Coast, NSW

Perfect clean clothes all the time, easy to use

Great little machine its 6 yrs old now Ive had no problems with it, its easy to use and washes really well, it gets used every second day, washes summer doonas no problems, great little machine, I would recommend it to anyone.

Purchased in March 2013 at Beta Electrics for A$499.00.

Barbara Ryan

Barbara RyanDarling Downs, QLD

Not a washing machine for people who step off the concrete

Purchased in March 2019 at Joyce Mayne for A$934.00.

CCc

CCcSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good machine

Love this machine. Very helpful, and smart. Makes it easier doing my washing and it doesnt stop and pause every 2 seconds like some do, this is also second hand from someone else and still works no issues.

Purchased in August 2019.

AMG38

AMG38Perth, WA

good reliable system

i have used it for 4 years and i think its great and reliable for its price ! People shouldn't buy all those cheap brands anymore and start investing in the better quality ones, it will not only improve your lifestyle but also will last a long time therefore making your money worth !

Purchased in July 2015.

Adele

AdeleGoulburn Valley, VIC

Great washing machine

I have just purchased my 2nd machine. First one lasted forever, so I bought another one the same. Never had a problem with it. Best machine ever. Thanks Fisher and Paykel

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for A$699.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 6.2kg DE62T27GW2
Michael H

Michael HFar West, NSW

Great washing machine

from heavy to light clothing washes , this machine excels the only fault are selection instructions for the elderly can be improved, as some need simple selection like light through to heavy washing as an example

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wife off Back

We previously had a front loader with 1.5 hour plus programs, this Machine has easy to run cycles half the time and just as good if not better, Did I mention my Wife is off my back.

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$1,200.00.