Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Top Loader

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Top Loader

2nd Gen, 1st Gen

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Middy

MiddySouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

We have only had this machine for a few weeks. It is easy to use and it has quick and efficient washing cycles and it is reasonably quiet.

The machine has an automatic levelling function which it does in the set up phase. The automatic water level function is great.

Our previous Fisher & Paykel machine lasted 17 years so we would be very optimistic if this one lasted that long.

Mad

MadSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Noisy

I had a Fisher and Paykel before and was very happy with build quality and quietness of the machine but my new 8.5 kg (purchased March 2020) is extremely noisy and is driving me mad. Would not recommend it to anyone.

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for $899.00.

Andrew

AndrewDarling Downs, QLD

Fisher & Paykel Washing machine

I have purchased a few of these machines over the last 20 years both for myself and my family and keep coming back to them because any service required on them is relatively inexpensive. I have a serviceman who knows the machines inside out and repairs them at a reasonable price. Items stuck in the pump is common but less than 3 minutes to fix. They are reasonably priced and of good quality.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Top Loader compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Shiv1

Shiv1Perth, WA

Constant issues

I bought it second hand for cheap and I still feel ripped off. Stops every 2 seconds and says out of Bal (out of balance) I’ve moved it 1000 times and tried every possible way and yet the same thing. Want it gone.

Purchased in February 2020 for $230.00.

Cameron Robinson

Cameron RobinsonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

First and only washing machine I have owned lasted more than 13years and still going.

Intuitive, ergonomic, easy to use, quiet, intelligent. Set out to buy modern quality washing machine and, with the exception of an initial faulty circuit board which was replaced free of charge under warranty, have not been disappointed. 13 plus years and still going strong !

Purchased in January 2007 at RetraVision for $500.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 4.5kg ED56
Cameron Robinson

Cameron RobinsonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

My First Washing Machine 13 Years Old and Still Going Strong.

Intuitive, ergonomic, intelligent, quiet, easy to use, modern, stylish, quality. I set out to buy a modern, quality washing machine that would last for more than 10plus years and, with the exception of having the circuit board replaced under warranty at about the 12 month mark, I have not been disappointed. 13 plus years on it is still going strong my first and only washing machine so far.

Purchased in January 2007 at RetraVision for $500.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 4.5kg ED56
JB

JBRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Dont buy

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $850.00.

TomoMid North Coast, NSW

Monster bowl

Can fit ALL the family towels with room to spare. Monster wooden blankets too. Best buy since last size ‘industrial’ washer too small. Everything automatic. Spinner cycle almost dries them too. This machine is not wet behind the ears!

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,999.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 4.5kg AD55

‘Woollen’ blankets ...

Jaya Mathew

Jaya MathewPerth, WA

Don’t Buy this Machine Please

Very unhappy with this machine as the machine claims to be a auto lint disposal ,but not only there is no auto lint disposal , as all the lint is getting attached to the clothes being washed .Now the dirt from washing is getting attached to the white clothes as well .We were using Electrolux front loader for almost 10 years and thought of getting a new one and we thought F& P will be one of the best but we got really disappointed.I tried to contact the company and they told they will look into it but no response at all after that.The sad thing is we are still doing after pay on this machine.i really don’t know what to do.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys.

ṣ̄ụk

ṣ̄ụkSydney, NSW

F & P Quality gone downhill in a big way

Purchased in January 2015 at The Good Guys for $1,050.00.

Stacey

Stacey

Great product!

This washing machine has done the job and got me by! I haven’t had a problem with it so far and less on energy which is good! Really recommend this product!

Washer- Lint build up.

The only problem we have so far is lint build up on our clothes. Never had it with any other washing machine. We will no be getting another Fisher & Paykel washer.

Maz

Maz

Not the quality it use to be

After 21 years of raving about my F and P top loader it's not the same story with the new one. My brand new machine was starting to rust at the bottom of the bowl after 2 weeks of use. F and P were only willing to replace the bowl which was unacceptable to me. So, I phoned Harvey Norman and they were willing to replace it with a new one. Thank you. The quality of the past has gone. The machine washes well but I can not see it being long lasting. I don't think I will buy F and P again.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $760.00.

elizabeth

elizabethGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ready for the Tip after 3 years

Purchased in August 2016 at The Good Guys for $900.00.

Not very Smart!

This is my third Fisher and Paykel washing machine.
As far as smartness goes this is way behind my previous machine.
You cannot change any settings eg spin speed or temperature, once the cycle has started, you need to go back to the beginning of the wash cycle.
You cannot step through any of the wash cycles.
You cannot put the fast spin speed on the delicate cycle.
If you add more clothes once the cycle has started it won't add any more water.
If you put water in the machine to try and soak something it drains by itself.
I'm not happy with all of the restrictions.
And apart from not being able to change settings through a cycle it also leaves lint on the clothes!

Purchased in November 2019 at Appliances Online.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Two months old and already not working...

Purchased new machine Nov 2019 and already stopped. All lights flashing. Key lock keeps beeping (even when power off). Cannot set to any programme. All settings flash like a machine possessed! Have to wait a week for service person to visit. (Customer Service took over an hour to answer even after 7pm). Not impressed that machine couldn't even last two months!

Purchased in November 2019.

Hamptonroses

HamptonrosesBlue Mountains NSW

So Disappointed!

Purchased in October 2019 for $809.00.

Dee

DeePerth, WA

So far ver happy

Purchased in October 2019.

Dryer TypeSimpson SDV457HQWA
Kookla

KooklaPerth, WA

Faulty Product

This machine has put holes in our tshirts since we started using it, wish I could add photos, had it checked for issues but it's a design fault apparently, the agitator is dragging the fabric & its pinching causing holes in the fabric. The more we wash our tshirts holes get worse

Purchased at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Nicholas D.

Nicholas D.South East Queensland, QLD

Does the job quietly

Gets my clothes clean and handles big loads without unbalancing. Button layout is easy to see and use. I avoid using the auto water level as I have found that it is too conservative and did not rinse the washing powder off sufficiently; no issues when manually set with a generous level. Super quiet. I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend.