Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

MPNs: 35904826 and WA1068G1

• Incentivised Review Yes (7%) · No (93%)

peeved1

peeved1Perth, WA

Great machine

Recently bought my third fisher and paykel this one is the 10kg top load washing machine love the features, washes the clothes perfectly makes no noise at all. Would recommend this machine.

Purchased in October 2019 at Betta Home Living for $998.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 4.5kg ED56

Tash

TashMid North Coast, NSW

Disappointed

Had this machine for about 6 yrs replaced balance rods recently which fixed the balance issue but am on my 3rd agitator due to fin broken again obviously a fault and these are not cheap, seems to happen every 2 yrs or so, does wash clean and big bowl but agitator should stand up to the fact that it is a large 10kg machine would stay clear of Fisher & paykel I wont buy another 1

Kelly Blake

Kelly BlakeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Regret buying it.

No lint filter. Restarts from beginning if you stop it mid washing, no option to continue after pause. Agitator broke off after 12 months of regular loads washing. Wash cycle interrupted due to malfunctioned suspension rods after 4yrs. Increased noise during spin cycle.

Purchased in April 2015 at Harvey Norman.

Aksav

AksavGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Balancing issues & loud banging (drum)

Purchased in January 2014 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.

Bezza

BezzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Agitator falling to bits

Purchased in August 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,000.00.

Allayne

AllayneWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Big Loads and Very Reliable

I have been using this machine now for about 12 months. And time and time again to is very reliable. The only issues I have had with machine was it didn't turn on one time but all I had to do was switch off for 10 min and let it reset itself.
I do everything from small loads of wet baby pants right through to king size blankets and every time come out clean and fresh.
The bigger loads do take a bit longer but worth the wait.

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for $850.00.

JBB

JBBSydney, NSW

Love to wash with Fisher & Paykel

My third F&P machine and the best yet. I love the various settings available but especially the auto water level feature which saves water and adds to the washing efficiency and time.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Kylie

KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Is it possible to LOVE a washing machine?

I love this washing machine!! We've had it for 2-3 years and it's never missed a beat! I like having the bigger capacity 10kg so I can wash our bedding and towels with ease as well as our day to day washing. I don't do hand washing - hand washing is in a clothes bag in the washing machine! I've never had a problem.

Lexi

LexiCasino NSW

What a load of rubbish

The first half a dozen times the machine was fine, doing general medium size loads of clothing it was great. Then tried to put a towel load on, 4 bath sheet size and it kick a hissy fit. In the end had to pull two out and put through my 5kg twin tub. What a waste of money this machine was $899. Have put up with dirty cloths, stop, starting, out of balance, not filling, emptying mid cycle for 7 years now and had enough. What a piece of junk. My 5kg $300 twin tub works better..

Purchased in January 2011 at chandler for $899.00.

Dayle N

Dayle NSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great machine and size of bowl is awesome

No more laundry mats for blankets or bigger washes. Can do it all in one machine with no fuss,just put the load on and let it do it's thing. Very happy with the machine so far and can wash very large loads to small. Doesn't take long to do a wash ,great on water and power. Washes very clean and great with delicates.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,399.00.

David M.

David M.North Queensland, QLD

30 months of service and the fins on the Agitator broken or have cracks in them

Purchased in October 2016 at Harvey Norman for $1,139.00.

Brad S

Brad S

I liked it. I’m sure all you other folks will too!

I liked this, it was better than what I had before. Cleans well plus being a tradie it helps when something does it’s job so I would recommend it to anyone

Purchased in August 2018 for $600.00.

nothing but problem

Since we bought this washing machine we have experienced nothing but problems. It keeps on shaking and unbalancing all the time. Very disappointed and will not recommend buying fisher and paykel washing machine. The price is very expensive and it's not worth it.

Purchased in January 2013.

Do not buy Fisher&Paykel washing machine 10kg

This machine just a rubbish, after starting the machine water start filling for a bout 5mn then the machine lock it's lid and doing nothing, after the lid unlock and I tried to check the machine the water that mixed with power washing all gone. We you want to soak your cloths for a couple hour, the machine always empty the water even i turn off the power. The machine does not do good rinse because cloths smell washing powder very strong. I can not change water level or other program, once i push the pause button the machine will start over again. What's a stupid program they wrote for the machine to perform, never buy Fisher&Paykel again.

Purchased in August 2017.

Don’t buy

Recently purchased this model.This machine will automatically start to empty after 3minutes if you have to put it on pause which is a real nuisance I even turned the machine off but it stilled emptied.Also can’t set for a hot wash on certain cycles.I recommend you don’t purchase this model and find out which other F&P do the same before purchasing.All my other F&P machines which weren’t this model absolutely perfect no trouble at all

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great Machine

Having owned a 8.5 kg Fisher Paykel top loader for some 15 years we didn’t hesitate to buy this machine so glad we did, easy to use controls washes exceptionally well, all types of clothes, yet to wash a large item sure it will handle it Ok Very Happy ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Cart09

Cart09NUMERALLA

Ok machine when it works, but so many problems with it!

Bought this machine a couple of months ago and have had issues ever since.

It gets about 10 minutes into the wash cycle, and will then continually beep until you press pause, and start again.

It seems as though the "lid lock" mechanism is faulty. However, sometimes it will do the complete wash cycle and other times it won't.

We have contacted Fisher & Paykel, and they have said we will need to organise to fix this ourselves.

Another downside is that there is no lint filter.

When it actually works the wash isn't too bad. It's a shame it's been so faulty.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Westmount

WestmountSydney

Started off great but quickly went downhill, now next to useless just out of warranty (of course)

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Colleen TaylorVarsity Lakes

Perfect Machine

All Fisher and Paykel washing machines are fantastic. I bought my new one late last year after having my previous one for 13 years. I wouldn't buy anything other than a Fisher and Paykel as the old one gave me no trouble right up to the last. I have a family of 7 so we have quite a bit of washing and we use most cycles.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Colleen Taylor

Fisher and Paykel is a top brand of washing machine, I have had others but I wouldn't buy anything but a Fisher and Paykel.

JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What a disappointment

Date PurchasedSep 2018
John

I'm still having major issues with our WA1068G1 and am so surprised that F&P don't seem to monitor this site, or if they were to comment perhaps they would be admitting to there being a major fault.

See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Top Loader reviews